Weird Xbox 360 Graphic Problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

I was playing Call of Duty 4 on my Xbox 360 earlier today and after one of the matches, the background in the lobby turned all cartoon-ish and everything. It was really weird. I thought it was just the game and it would get fixed in a few minutes.

However, the next round started and everything graphic-wise was all cartoon style. I got freaked out, so I went to the Xbox 360 Dashboard to see if it was the same, only to find out, it was.

So, I didn't know what the hell to do except restarting the system. I did that and at first, I thought the prolem got fixed. However, I joined another COD 4 game and it was okay for a few minutes but then the graphic went all crazy again.

This time, it went from cartoon to normal then cartoon again with a bit of flickering in the frame rate. It was really weird. I decided to turn off my Xbox 360 for a few hours to see if it gets fixed but I have not checked it again. I should also mention that way before all of this happened, while I was playing the game, the frame rate dropped a lot and I thought it was just lag or something else. Anyone know what might be wrong with the system or were in a similar situation?

wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
its the Cod world of war ghost sayin "buy cod world at war".......does it happend on all ur games
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ISuperGamerI

its the Cod world of war ghost sayin "buy cod world at war".......does it happend on all ur gameswwedx

I haven't tried any other games, yet. But, I don't think its the game, because even the Xbox 360 dashboard is messed up.

_Kikode_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 _Kikode_
Member since 2008 • 434 Posts
Less Acid and more protein in your diet will probably fix this problem. :)
TheJayhawksWin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheJayhawksWin
Member since 2008 • 707 Posts

Less Acid and more protein in your diet will probably fix this problem. :)_Kikode_

He's right, it worked for me.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ISuperGamerI

[QUOTE="_Kikode_"]Less Acid and more protein in your diet will probably fix this problem. :)TheJayhawksWin

He's right, it worked for me.

Thanks for that useless comment. If you have nothing to say, don't say anything at all. In this case, don't type anything at all. In other news, I will record a video of what I mean, so you can shove that comment.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ISuperGamerI

I checked my Xbox 360 yesterday and it is still messed up. I am thinking about sending it to Microsoft. I also recorded a video of what I was talking about with the issue that the console has. Tell me what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbj0PwZpjL

xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 xRmRxfreakBOMB
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts

Here's what you need to do:

1. Call 1-800-4-my-xbox

2. Tell them whats wrong and tell them to send you a box for it

3. Send it in

4. Sit in a corner and cry while curled up in a ball in a bckand forth motion for 2 to 4 weeks

5. Open up the big brown box at your door step and sing a joyful song

ungodlyabyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 ungodlyabyss
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts
Someone must have dropped this poor xbox on its head when it was a bebe, awww.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

I was playing Call of Duty 4 on my Xbox 360 earlier today and after one of the matches, the background in the lobby turned all cartoon-ish and everything. It was really weird. I thought it was just the game and it would get fixed in a few minutes.

However, the next round started and everything graphic-wise was all cartoon style. I got freaked out, so I went to the Xbox 360 Dashboard to see if it was the same, only to find out, it was.

So, I didn't know what the hell to do except restarting the system. I did that and at first, I thought the prolem got fixed. However, I joined another COD 4 game and it was okay for a few minutes but then the graphic went all crazy again.

This time, it went from cartoon to normal then cartoon again with a bit of flickering in the frame rate. It was really weird. I decided to turn off my Xbox 360 for a few hours to see if it gets fixed but I have not checked it again. I should also mention that way before all of this happened, while I was playing the game, the frame rate dropped a lot and I thought it was just lag or something else. Anyone know what might be wrong with the system or were in a similar situation?

ISuperGamerI

I had a similar problem, when playing CoD4 everything went all blue and well cartoonish. This was fixed as soon as I restarted my console. This is pretty much your problem but restarting fixed mine permanently it seems but not for you so I got nothin.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ISuperGamerI
Thanks for the info and help guys. I might just send it to Microsoft but I am not sure if I should do it before or after the console gets RROD which I am not sure if it even will.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts
i think your's is going to be RROD like mine with the graphic problem
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts

i think your's is going to be RROD like mine with the graphic problem punkpunker

Yeah, most people I have seen with this problem end up getting the RRoD. If that's the case, and it most likely is, then sorry.

R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R_MAHIL
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
woah that is weird. send it to ms and get it sorted. also agree with what you said to those two guys about the less acid more protein thing. some people dont help at all and just write stupid things on here.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
If you have nothing to say, don't say anything at all.ISuperGamerI
Quite possibly the wisest words ever spoken at gamespot.
reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 reubendarosa
Member since 2005 • 2727 Posts
Did you try other alternate AV Cables?
jay051684

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jay051684
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts
I had this problem myself. The graphics card is shot. Give it another week and you won't have any picture at all, just sound. Time to send it in, or if you were smart and get a replacement plan from whatever store you got it from, just trade it in.
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ISuperGamerI

I had this problem myself. The graphics card is shot. Give it another week and you won't have any picture at all, just sound. Time to send it in, or if you were smart and get a replacement plan from whatever store you got it from, just trade it in.jay051684

Well, the funny thing is that this is actually my second Xbox 360. My first Xbox 360 which I got when the console was first released, got the RROD within a week. I gave it to my store (Future Shop) and they sent it to Microsoft 2 times for repair but it was never properly fixed. Their policy was to send it to Microsoft at least 3 times before they can give you a free console. I got upset and told them that I am not going to send my console to Mcirosoft for a third time.

So, they agreed to give me a free console for exchange but sadly, they were too cheap and didn't let me get the box for it as well. Therefore, I had a ripped apart Xbox 360 box. Anyways, this is my second console which is again, one of the first Xbox 360s to be released. If it does get the RROD, it would be good, because it would mean that I will get a free console directly from Microsoft instead of going through the hassle with Future Shop. Thanks again for all the help and compliments guys. You guys are great.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ISuperGamerI

Did you try other alternate AV Cables?reubendarosa

No, I have not but that is an excellent idea. I am currently using the HD cables.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

I had this problem myself. The graphics card is shot. Give it another week and you won't have any picture at all, just sound. Time to send it in, or if you were smart and get a replacement plan from whatever store you got it from, just trade it in.jay051684

I had this problem and ironically my disk drive broke 2 months later after no additional problems between the incidents so the weird colors are not a clear indication of anything.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ISuperGamerI

[QUOTE="jay051684"]I had this problem myself. The graphics card is shot. Give it another week and you won't have any picture at all, just sound. Time to send it in, or if you were smart and get a replacement plan from whatever store you got it from, just trade it in.Ket87

I had this problem and ironically my disk drive broke 2 months later after no additional problems between the incidents so the weird colors are not a clear indication of anything.

True, but this situation is more leaning towards the possiblity that the GPU is not working properly.

brandon212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 brandon212
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
mine did that and then a day later didn't show no picture tried different av cables and nothing changed so i had to send it in for repair but sorry its happening to you to if its not the rrod its something else lol
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ISuperGamerI
Heh, as I said earlier, I might just sent it to Microsoft in hopes of getting a new console for free.
Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Eilia567
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

Super your being a complete ******. I showed you this video before :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVCWQqUjlzk. And the comment below by lumixenz.

The comment is -  That problem can most likely be fixed by holding Y and the Right Trigger during the startup. This resets your graphic hardware. Make sure if the controller is wireless that you use it to turn the xbox on, and make sure the controller is set to player one. Good luck.

I told you to try it and after a month of complaining you havent.  

henriktx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 henriktx
Member since 2004 • 1445 Posts
That happened to me when i was playing gears of war today but it whent away.
Avatar image for AnotherMulligan
AnotherMulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AnotherMulligan
Member since 2008 • 237 Posts

i believe your cod4 game is suffering from what we in the medical profession refer to as "wind waker" syndrome, where it attempts to reinvent itself with cartoon-ish visuals and cutesy characters.

do not worry though; as long as the soldiers don't start wearing pointy green elf hats, there's still a chance that therapy can fix things before it's too far gone.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ISuperGamerI

Super your being a complete ******. I showed you this video before :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVCWQqUjlzk. And the comment below by lumixenz.

The comment is -  That problem can most likely be fixed by holding Y and the Right Trigger during the startup. This resets your graphic hardware. Make sure if the controller is wireless that you use it to turn the xbox on, and make sure the controller is set to player one. Good luck.

Eilia567

Lol. :P

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
i kinda had a problem like that except in mine the colours were totally buggered, basically it was a sign that the GPU was about to die, which it did the next day :P
Caprellid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Caprellid
Member since 2008 • 249 Posts
well that explains it...a release xbox...xenon...i recommend you getting a refurb one or a new one...at least itll last you longer
Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts

Eilia567
Lol, that does Maintenance on your harddrive noob.
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ISuperGamerI
[QUOTE="Eilia567"]

Travis_Odell

Lol, that does Maintenance on your harddrive noob.

Owned lol. Anyone know if the refurb console will have the new CPU chip as well as HDMI capability?

Tanori77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tanori77
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Hey you had that weird graphic problem for the 360?