We want a Cross-Platform Link Between PC & Xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alpha_Wolf_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 Alpha_Wolf_86
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts

Now read first you negative nancy's:

I've posted a forum topic just like this on xbox.com and have been told already by a few players that this is not enough. But it never hurts to try. Hopefully the right person will read this between now and the near future and do something about it.

Those of us who support the idea of linking the PC & Xbox 360 gaming worlds together (cross-platform) have changed our gamertag mottos to "Integrate PC & X360".

There are already a lot of us, but it's not enough. And I have no idea whether or not it will even help anything, but I'm just being honest when I say that there are a lot of us who are tired of not being able to play against the same people on console/PC that are playing the same titles anyway. They did it with Lost Planet, why not all 360 games?

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
therer already are a couple of games that do this and therer will be more i dont see the point to start up a group for because although some games are good for cross platform not all are. Idk about you but i dont want to play gears 2 against a pc gamer who running it at over 60 frames using a mouse and keyboard.
vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts
Changing your motto will not achieve anything. I am in favour of cross platform play but pc players will probably have the advantage in most genres due to keyboard and mouse control
Alpha_Wolf_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alpha_Wolf_86

Changing your motto will not achieve anything. I am in favour of cross platform play but pc players will probably have the advantage in most genres due to keyboard and mouse controlvitriolboy

That's not true. I am a PC gamer and I own with the 360 controller. but im not here to talk about skill. This topic is to draw in information about this. So if you have anything that "WILL ACHIEVE SOMETHING" then post it.

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

[QUOTE="vitriolboy"]Changing your motto will not achieve anything. I am in favour of cross platform play but pc players will probably have the advantage in most genres due to keyboard and mouse controlAlpha_Wolf_86

That's not true. I am a PC gamer and I own with the 360 controller. but im not here to talk about skill. This topic is to draw in information about this. So if you have anything that "WILL ACHIEVE SOMETHING" then post it.

Well my contribution is to say that this thread "WILL ACHIEVE NOTHING"

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

therer already are a couple of games that do this and therer will be more i dont see the point to start up a group for because although some games are good for cross platform not all are. Idk about you but i dont want to play gears 2 against a pc gamer who running it at over 60 frames using a mouse and keyboard.Gen007

Agreed. With the 360 it comes down to your connection because the tech is on the same level. However, on the PC, you'll always have that idiot playing the game with a PC that can barely run the game, killing the game for everyone. A few games would be alright for a cross, but not all of them.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
how wud this make the games better to play. wud just be the same expierence. they is a few games that can do it and the sucess of these games has been poor. its not going to happen i dont think. changing the motto will do nothing, do you think they pay someone to read everyones motto? the games that did it never added anything decent by doing so. if games want to offer it then its down to the devs, to be honest it makes NO DIFFERNCE to me. cudnt care less if someone was on a pc or xbox. if the game still has players then it will do me. it dont happen coz most games dont come out on the pc at the same time, then when they come out on the pc its a different version with extra features than the original exclusive. i think its more chew than its worth, obviosuily theys plenty of work to make sure both versions are compatible. but the real reason you wont see this as standard is because it does not bring in any extra money. the games will just sell the same for pc and xbox if they have they own multiplayer communitys as they would with joined communitys. too many pc games support mods also which wud interfere with playing with xbox owners also. but the fact it wud cost loads to implement and wudnt bring in any extra cash is just a example of how this dont make business sense. if it dont make any extra cash then its not a good business idea. maybe you want to play people on pc. but it wont make the games better or worse having or not having these features. just more complications for the devs
Alpha_Wolf_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Alpha_Wolf_86

=(. Can't a guy have hope anymore?

You guys can say all you want. And all of your points so far ARE RELEVANT. But it doesn't hurt to try. So I'm going to keep this forum going.

Even if the motto thing isn't a good idea, this forum is. I'm just hoping that the right information or the right person stops in here.

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. The tried it with Shadowrun and I watching some interview with the same people that made that game and even they said with their next game they weren't going to use that feature again since it would compromise some of the features they had planned.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

There have been a few attempts to get this started through Windows Live like Shadowrun, but the evidence this is failing is MS taking the step to make it free for PC players. It should have been that from the start, since PC gamers expect online play is free, and really the only PC players that used these cross platform titles were people that already had Gold accounts for their 360.

People using the PC versions would have massive advantages over consoles, not just because they use keyboard and mouse, which is much better for FPS and RTS games (so far the 3 cross platform games have been FPS and RTS), but also because PC players can edit config files to either enable macros or create other shortcuts to make gameplay easier. For instance in Shadowrun, while 360 players are limited to picking 3 skills, players on the PC version can configure other keys to enable them to use all of the skills whenever they want.

cody3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cody3232
Member since 2007 • 877 Posts
Shadow run, halo2 and uno i think are the only ones right now but when i was considering building a gaming pc i looked more into this and saw that microsoft were plaining on putting more into the whole live on windows thing.