Too Human got a 5.5.....I'm still getting it. What about you guys?

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
never gonna get this game to start with, didnt like the demo
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts
[QUOTE="BongMonkey"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Man, I really hope no one uses this site for reviews:

Combat can be fun when it gets in a groove

The action is sometimes fun, but you'll never get into a groove.

Although it isn't the heart-pounding array of button-based combos that you'd see in a more traditional action game, you'll still sometimes find morsels of that smooth groove so important to action RPGs.

Unfortunately, Too Human never maintains that groove for long.

I mean come on:lol:

limpbizkit818

I stopped reading and trusting gamespot reviews right around the kane and lynch fiasco.. not enough ad revenue for a big game gs??

IGN's review is much better and fair enough, the fella there really liked the gameplay and knocked the scaleable enemies, which i tend to agree with.

Same with me.

Back when Greg and the full crew was working here Gamespot was hands down the best game site on the internet.

Podcast, video reviews, On the Spot, everything was great.

What happened :cry:

Agreed 100%. I wasn't a user when Gamespot was at its peak but i did use this site as a resource for reviews and cheats. Those were the times when one could trust their reviews. :(

Avatar image for I_AM_AROD______
I_AM_AROD______

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 I_AM_AROD______
Member since 2007 • 718 Posts

I'm not surprised about the 5.5. I just played the demo today and it just flat-out wasn't fun to me.

Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#54 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
I may rent it. But, the game is not worth it to buy. There are to many good games coming out.
brokenfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 brokenfetus
Member since 2004 • 422 Posts
Based on my experience with the demo I would say that 5.5 is definitely way too high. I would say it deserves something more along the lines of 1.5. The extra .5 just for finally being released after 10 years. I can't believe anybody at Silicon Knights actually thought that this game was ready for release. The demo seemed like they just got tired of working on the damn thing, and said screw it, it's done. They could have at least polished up the graphics a little. Garbage.
VegA_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 VegA_
Member since 2005 • 109 Posts

First they give a 10 to GTA IV and now this?

Wow... I'm really really dissapointed with the overall review... Mainly due to its lack of consistency and shallow judgment...

The 1st criticism of the game... I found it to be rather stupid and all around ignorant. "There's some backstory to wrap your head around, and Too Human drops you into the world with little sensible exposition." I truly believe this is what the developers wanted all along. Giving the player a half-told story, should encourage him to look for the answer... Unless we've truly become so lazy, that even that has become a task...

He proceeds to criticizes the fact that "the real good stuff" happens all near the end of the game. HELLO!!! It's called story telling... (Problem.... Plot... Twist... Climax... END) I mean... WTF... We all knew the game was going to be the first chapter of a trilogy... So why are you beating yourself over the fact that the game ended openly...

The rest of the review drags on with a tone of clear apathy towards the game. Setting a negative vibe throught the rest of the article, one he ocassionaly drifts out of, only to complement things he'll later on criticize.

Too Human does have a few flaws, they are very noticeable during the course of the demo. There's no mistake about that... However I solely believe that these could have been overlooked, by a person who had more interest in the subject. Probably resulting in a more acurate depiction of the games positive aspects.
I mean its pretty obvious a FPS(First Person Shooter) fan is more than likely to point out flaws in a RPG game, than a regular Role Player would. Due to the fact that the focus points of each is aimed at very different aspect of the gameplay.

So in the end, are his complaints truly substantiated? I for one don't think so, and I think it shows in many reviews we've seen over the years. Thus the constant struggle between actual players and the PAYED reviewers who work for these companies.

p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts

These guys have made some pretty good games i'll have to try it out if i can

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

These guys have made some pretty good games i'll have to try it out if i can

p00phead

You should try the demo if you haven't already.

resident-shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 resident-shell
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

bla bla bla VegA_
While I'm all for games having depth and truly meaningful stories, it's just lazy designing for a game to have a "half-told" story. Silicon Knights wouldn't even have to throw the story at us, but somewhere in the game they should have included explanations for the story, so interested players could find out for themselves some more about the story and norse mythology. Cool, the designers did a lot of research to write the story, why the hell wouldn't they share it with the people actually playing the game. It's just one of many poor design decisions.

A lot of video games and books have really good climaxes. But that's just one segment of what makes a story. Sure, maybe SK hit the climax right on the head, that's still a miss for every other story component. 1 out of 5, not too great. Horror movies in general are pretty much known for having twists, that doesn't make them good. As for the open ending, I agree with you there, while I believe every medium should have some sort of conclusion, there's nothing wrong with leaving room for a sequel.

You mention how the reviewer sets a negative vibe throughout the article. What other vibe is there supposed to be in a review in which the writer thinks negatively of the subject material? Reviews are about the writer's interpretation, so if the reviewr doesn't like the game, they should write as such. And no flaw should be overlooked, that's the purpose of reviews, to accurately represent the reviewers interpretation based on what they observed. What are they supposed to do, say "Well, I noticed the auto-target system didn't work, but I'll overlook that because the game looked nice."

He basically mentioned what he liked and disliked about the game, and obviously he disliked way more than he liked. Is that a problem?

Also, your conclusion would be far more convincing had you spelled "paid" right, or at least hadn't capitalized your mistake, and also your statement about the difference between reviewers and people who play games hold no water, because reviewers play more games than gamers.

I'm not saying any of your opinions are invalid, you're entitled to them, youre just wrong pretty much across the board.

solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
Even if this game was ranked number 1 all time I still wouldn't get it because I didn't enjoy the demo.
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
[QUOTE="starfox2468"][QUOTE="thegame458"][QUOTE="Djmaster214"][QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

If this game got a 10 I wouldn't buy it...I was not interested at all when I played the demo

thecobraholder

Yeah me too.

Me three

Me four

me five

i dont think anyone said six so me six lol

Bombed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63 Bombed420
Member since 2002 • 230 Posts
Yeah, Gamespots review system is a joke. If it wasn't for the forums this site would go under pretty fast.
gowthamspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 gowthamspa
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
i didn't like the demo, may be i will rent it
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
Not my cup of tea, though I think the score was way to low. the press average is 7.5-something and they give it 5.5?Cyberfairy
there complaints were stupid though. they were rating it from a point of a certain point of view though. some people will hate it some people will love it. ign and other reviewers saw this gamespot however was just bias. i expected more from gamespot.
alex77k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 alex77k
Member since 2004 • 352 Posts
[QUOTE="thegame458"][QUOTE="Djmaster214"][QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

If this game got a 10 I wouldn't buy it...I was not interested at all when I played the demo

starfox2468

Yeah me too.

Me three

Me four

Me rent

On a side note, the review seems to indicate the game is between 6-7 range, not 5.5. So I find the review and the review score to be inconsistent.

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
Picking it up tomorrow. I'm very sad though because I won't be able to play it unless I'm very lucky and my 360 comes back from repairs tomorrow
tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 tancred8120
Member since 2007 • 7937 Posts
I was excited for it, but to me the demo was a compete turnoff
larocabottom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 larocabottom1
Member since 2003 • 190 Posts
didn't get to play the demo and wasn't really too impressed by the videos of it,I was waiting for the gamespot score and seeing a 5.5, yeah that's a no go for me.
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
[QUOTE="thegame458"][QUOTE="Djmaster214"][QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

starfox2468

Yeah me too.

Me three

Me four

i beleive you said youd buy it before now your not?
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts
I have a friend getting it tommorow and he's going to tell me all about it.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]I'm definitely not going to get it. The reviews say it's horrible..hopesfall2own
yes how dare you not think for yourself.

5.5 is undeserved based on the demo. Even the review didn't sound like they justified the 5.5, they gave a few flaws which it does have, but to knock off 4.5 points for minor issues? :roll:

Agreed.

*claps*

MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#73 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts
game was garbage in the demo, its no suprise it scored so low.
migi1688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 migi1688
Member since 2004 • 1918 Posts
thinking about it liked the demo but 5.5 i'll wait for lower price
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#75 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

GS has always given lower review scores for games. Jedifro

Sure they do. Just look at Grand Theft Auto 4. =\

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

im getting it

other than geometry wars the last game i bought for my xbox was gta, i just want to play a new game and since i thought the demo was alright ill just pick it up

Avatar image for TIE_Elite_Pilot
TIE_Elite_Pilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#77 TIE_Elite_Pilot
Member since 2004 • 829 Posts
Hadn't planned on getting it in the first place.
aDDiKt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 aDDiKt24
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
Everyone knew it would get bad reviews. Theres no way Im touching this game. I played the demo for an hour or so and it was horrible. Disgraceful game.
proview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 proview
Member since 2005 • 220 Posts
I don't trust the reviews but in this one i have to agree, the game is mediocre from what i saw in the demo and i won't buy it even if there is a price drop.
mo52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mo52
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts
sometimes reviews don;t matter trust me!! i got tenchu z and that game is really fun and it got a 4.9 on gamespot. but i didn't like the too human demo so i'm not getting it:?
TiffanyABCD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TiffanyABCD
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
By the demo was 8.5/10 for me, so still getting it day one
Miteme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Miteme
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts

I thought it all depends on how much you enjoyed the demo.

Personally I didn't like it, plus there are other games coming out in recent months I'd rather spend me money one.

However, if you did really enjoy the demo then there is no reason why you shouldn't buy Too Human

violent_spinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 violent_spinal
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts
Definitley not. I hated the demo and the review just made it clear to me that this game isn't worth it. SaintBlaze

^This.
And, OMG. A 5.5?

Even I was being generous saying it deserved at least a 6.
Ouch lol.