THP8 or EA SKATE?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

for_the_horde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 for_the_horde
Member since 2005 • 2787 Posts
Which one should I get? I have enough money for a game, and was set to buy Tony Hawks Project 8, but after seeing videos of EA SKATE I am now stuck for choice. Does anyone know when EA SKATE comes out? Thanks.
htotheo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 htotheo
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
Awwww EA is making skate damn it it thoguht this was gonna be a good realistic skateboarding game damn it.
bond21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 bond21
Member since 2004 • 597 Posts
what the hell is EA Skate?? Anyway, if it even exists.....get THP8
craig828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 craig828
Member since 2005 • 1857 Posts
Tony Hawk's for sure. They've been working on skating games for a long time. So i'd go with them...
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts
Unless you rarely have money to spend on game I would just go ahead and get Tony Hawk. Skate is scheduled to come out sometime next year but there isn't any indication as to what part of the year so it's my guess it won't be out until sometime past April. Then there's always the fact that we haven't seen much actual gameplay for Skate. 
neovalkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 neovalkyr
Member since 2003 • 1097 Posts
I saw some gameplay on Rob and Big, when they went down to EA and got motion captured. The game looked really nice. Skate gameplay that is.
M4NI4K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 M4NI4K
Member since 2004 • 2955 Posts
EA skate? Did you just make that up yourself?
cclbiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cclbiah
Member since 2003 • 902 Posts
yea...I havent seen or heard a thing for it either. So, if it is being releases I can imagine it wont be for another while, so I would deffinatly say Tony Hawk, instead of waiting, plus they have much experience
Durnga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Durnga
Member since 2006 • 157 Posts
well, Project 8 is a lot of fun, but if you're a real skateboard enthusiast and you're looking for a realistic skateboarding simulation, I'd say Skate
illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 illbitcrusher
Member since 2004 • 2052 Posts
Skate won't be out for awhile yet so get Project 8 for now
isanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 isanta
Member since 2006 • 193 Posts

Tony Hawk's  games are cool, but being a skater myself, I want a real deep, hardcore skating game that puts you in the same situations as real skating would put you in. Tony Hawk is a bit on the unreal side but its fun, not gonna hate on it. I have to say Skate, its looking tremendous so far, and I'm sure it will be alot of fun, besides the skaters in it.

Avatar image for kilgoreTrout_xl
kilgoreTrout_xl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kilgoreTrout_xl
Member since 2005 • 2308 Posts
I don't think that Skate is going to be out for a long, long time.  They're still putting out their target renders. 

If you like skateboarding games, then, you shoudl probably get THP8.  Otherwise you'll be waiting for a long time.

Skate certainly looks impressive, though. 
Inapprope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Inapprope
Member since 2006 • 957 Posts
From the small clips I've seen of Skate it looks amazing, but who knows when it's coming out. I own THP8 and it's a very fun game.
rick019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rick019
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
EA Skate is supposed to come out sometime in early 2007. It looks sick! I've played Tony Hawk's Project Eight and there isn't a whole lot special about it. EA Skate on the other hand is taking skate games to a whole new level. The clip I seen of in game play is so crazy. It looks like a camera guy following the skater in REAL LIFE. Just insane.
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts
I haven't played Tony Hawk for the 360 but have for other systems .... I would say Hawk though I mean it's tried tested and true,, odds are anything EA releases will be flawed and junky
skater_gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 skater_gamer93
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Thp8 has cool gamelpay with the new feature nail the trick and the focus mode

Skate ultra realistic no extreme lines huge enviorment variety of skaters and no quater pipes randomly

Id get both being a skateboarder skate is ultra realistic and thp8 couldnt quit its unrealistic combos.

rasalibra468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rasalibra468
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="for_the_horde"]Which one should I get? I have enough money for a game, and was set to buy Tony Hawks Project 8, but after seeing videos of EA SKATE I am now stuck for choice. Does anyone know when EA SKATE comes out? Thanks.

SKATE For Sure. if you are a skater and love skating then the best choice would be EA Skate. its set to release in spring or a little after
BL797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BL797

I would have said both but not an option so i chose SKATE!

There both great but SKATE will be reallistic not crazy combos from one end of the level to the other, Better for actual skaters But Truly Both Great Games!!

xxxWigginsxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xxxWigginsxxx
Member since 2005 • 1181 Posts

I would go with skate. After seeing the gameplay videos , and seeing how the trick system works with the "Skate Video" like camera system. This game is gonna own Tony Hawk IMO, SKATE is a much mroe realistic game.

jhz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jhz
Member since 2007 • 446 Posts

For me THP8 was a complete and utter let down. I am a skater, and after seeing a load of THP8 'realistic' trailers, i was pretty hyped. However I got THP8, and to be honest I think it is the most unrealistic TH game to date! ... I mean, its quite possible to do a 'nose grind to backflip (whilst doing a 360 flip) then land into a nose blunt and front flip (whilst doing a triple kickflip) out to nose manual.' ... THP8 is in my opinion a complete let down.

Skate on the other hand looks fresh and new. And after watching the gameplay trailer, I have to say i am really really excited about skate!

Edit: Another thing that is really annoying in THP8 is the constant drops in frame rate. 

lightningman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lightningman10
Member since 2004 • 55 Posts
trust me, go with tony hawk project 8 because that game is absolutely amazing and it never gets old.  I love that game and I will probably get skate too but project 8 is a better game to get.
cupNoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cupNoodles
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts
DONT GET POJECT 8! NEW TONY HAWK ON THE WAY!!! ALMOST DONE...GAMESPOT JUST HASNT TALKED ABOUT IT. IT WAS IN MY NEW GAMEPRO MAG. WAIT A FEW MONTHS. THEY IMPROVED EVERYTHING!
PH3NOMD3VON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PH3NOMD3VON
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200279
Hau2491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hau2491
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i im looking foward in EA skate more its more realistic too me i think and the tricks are a alot harder to do and so it makes it real.
BlueTimber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BlueTimber
Member since 2004 • 722 Posts

Awwww EA is making skate damn it it thoguht this was gonna be a good realistic skateboarding game damn it.htotheo

EA does make good games dude.  I mean, the sports division may just be rehasing the same games with slightly better graphics, but aside from that, EA can make a good game.  Skate looks really cool, I'll pick it up. 

Vito5503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Vito5503
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts
EA Skate Is the way to go i have project 8 beat it twice and it still sucks Neversoft isnt even tryin anymore plus Skate is wat skaters have always wanted its like Thrasher for next gen it will make Neversoft crap their pants yea that new hawk game is jus tryin to copy by add a video editing feature Skate will own for sure n its coming out this year I'm guessing Aug.
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts

EA is horrible i would go for THPS8

MpLs_AsSaSsiN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MpLs_AsSaSsiN
It comes out the same day as halo 3, september 25th, 2007.  I have been skating for 10 years and tony hawk got old after THPS 3.  From a skaters standpoint Skate will kill the THPS series.  The camera is realistic like a real skate video.  They have all the real pros in the game that nobody knows about because all the pros in THPS are just well known for being in the x-games and having shows like viva la bam.  Tony Hawk is so fake, fun, but fake.  This will be the most realistic skateboarding game to date and im so hyped for this game.
cclbiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cclbiah
Member since 2003 • 902 Posts
yea, but if you want realistic skateboarding, just go out and skateboard yourself...thats what makes tony hawk fun and what it is, being unrealistic, and activision has had a huge amount of experience making skateboarding games, where EA has had none,
gamapg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamapg
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts
Meh... I'm sticking with Activision and their Tony Hawk franchise... cause the formula's still good and EA's like a rookie in skating and with the bad rep of EA from me, where everything they touch get's degraded in some form, BF2 cough* bugs in every patch *cough so I'm sticking with the tried and tested formula