This is going to be one dry summer...

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kungfukid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 kungfukid
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts
Does anyone else think that there are no games coming this summer worth playing? I mean, Darkness, Overlord are pretty good games, but they came out already. I don't see any good games coming until te end of the summer, when students GO BACK TO SCHOOL. School, means more time at school and doing homework, and less time doing things that entertain. A crap load of awsome AAA games are coming out when school begins again, but where is the logic in that? They will all be competing for the consumer's money, and there are about 5-9 games that I am looking forward to, coming out all in the time period of 30 days. 5-9 times $80 is a lot of cash. I think the summer is an ideal time to release games, but no one seems to be doing so. Who else thinks that this summer holds nearly no good games to play? (August 21 doesn't count, cause summer ends.).
yungboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 yungboi
Member since 2003 • 1466 Posts
its not just this summer, its been like this for as long as i can remember. But yea, publishers should realize that there's money to be made in the summer.
Clan_Crushbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Clan_Crushbone
Member since 2007 • 1501 Posts

Yep, couldnt agree more. As you said, the only ''big'' games to come out this summer really were Darkness/ Overlord and few other small ones that are already out. The only other games worth mentioning coming out recently are Bioshock and Blue Dragon and they arent being released till late August, so that hardly constitutes as summer. But hey, gamers have been used to summer droubts for some time, we survive. Thats just the development cycle. But hey, should be worth it in the end, once we get out of the droubt, we will be swimming in fantastic games.

Lets just hope we can surrvive until we get there :)

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

nope

madden,ncaa,two worlds,moto gp,all pro,stangle hold,and too human

kungfukid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kungfukid
Yea. But, man. BLue Dragon would be perfect for the summer. Tons of people would probably buy it because of the drought, and because it is a long RPG (which 360 lacks).
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
dry? not for me, i'm getting The Darkness next week (or this weekend) and then Two Worlds in late July/early August. and after that its time for Bioshock, so no, not really dry... and i still need to sacrifice a couple of games
cybermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cybermario
Member since 2004 • 465 Posts
For me, Summer is a time for me to catch up on games i didnt get to finish for the past year. With school and work on my shoulders, i can't finish a lot of games that i purchase. Its also a time for me to buy cheap used games that i missed on its initial release. And this cycle seems to repeat itself for me.
kungfukid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kungfukid

nope

tree-branch

Umm....sport games don't count because my 2006-2007 ver. are just fine, no need wasting $80 on some new menus....Two Worlds is going to suck, just from watching the gameplay mechanics I can tell (It's like watching any game, or playing a demo, the gameplay doesn not change in full ver.), too human might be good, If they remake it without so much friggin Hack&Slash. Just seems like N3 with not crappy anime, and upgradeable poeple who are machines...Stranglehold might be good, but it's still in August...

kungfukid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kungfukid

dry? not for me, i'm getting The Darkness next week (or this weekend) and then Two Worlds in late July/early August. and after that its time for Bioshock, so no, not really dry... and i still need to sacrifice a couple of gamessandroDX

I said August 21 doesn't count, as that is when summer basically is ending..

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Dry summer?

-Overlord

-The Darkness

-Call of Juarez

-Forza 2

-Shadowrun

-DiRT

-Two Worlds

-BioShock

Nah, I've been gaming for a while, and this is one of the best summers ever for gaming.

sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sandroDX

[QUOTE="sandroDX"]dry? not for me, i'm getting The Darkness next week (or this weekend) and then Two Worlds in late July/early August. and after that its time for Bioshock, so no, not really dry... and i still need to sacrifice a couple of gameskungfukid

I said August 21 doesn't count, as that is when summer basically is ending..

errr... not on my land:|
kungfukid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kungfukid

-Overlord -*already out(doesn't count as I said......)

-The Darkness-*see above...^^

-Call of Juarez -sucks...

-Forza 2*-already out (I mean during summer this is tooearly)

-Shadowrun*- CS games suck

-DiRT*-Is already out (isn't even that great)

-Two Worlds-*Is going to suck as I said..

-BioShock-*again doesn't count b/conly have 10 days left in summer...

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BioShockOwnz

kungfukid

Well, have fun gaming. You're too picky, and those are all great games. Enjoy your 2 games while I enjoy all those games.

You sound like you're trying to hate on the 360.

cybermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cybermario
Hmm i really hate it when people classify stuff as "it sucks". Shadowrun? I personally never played it, but no matter how bad it is, ill just say "i dont like it". Not "It sucks, doesnt count.". Its perspective. For some, this could be a good summer, but it seems like for people like you, its going to Suck.
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sandroDX

kungfukid
can i borrow your time machine? mine is broken
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="kungfukid"]

sandroDX

can i borrow your time machine? mine is broken

Also, I'd like to see his gamercard, and see if he has even played the games he's trashing. If he hasn't, it's a moot point.

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Two Worlds is going to kick ass. You saying it suck isn't going to make it suck.
kungfukid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kungfukid
I have played all demos for the games, except those who don't have demos. Games that play like CS, IMO I despise, I don't see the fun in playing 1 min, dying, then watching the rest of the round...And Two Worlds is obviously made for PC controls. I looks akward when people are playing, I just think "How is the control format going to work???". On 360 I think it will not be that good, but it might be alright on PC. Call of Juarez is just too old. The game just feels mediocre, and the graphics...
kungfukid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kungfukid

Two Worlds is going to kick ass. You saying it suck means it will suck.Trickshot771

???

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts

It doesn't sound like you actually want to play any games this summer, so that's why you think it's dry.

cybermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cybermario

If you take the time to oberve people on CS, you'd learn how to play. So you dont get killed as a first-blood. Plus if you're not at a game doesn't mean the game sucks. I love CS, and i'm no pro at it.

Not sure about two worlds, but when i first heard about CC3 coming to 360, i thought it wouldnt work. But it came out strong. So i think out of the entire developer team for a game like that, one will probably come out with a good way of playing.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BioShockOwnz

I have played all demos for the games, except those who don't have demos. Games that play like CS, IMO I despise, I don't see the fun in playing 1 min, dying, then watching the rest of the round...And Two Worlds is obviously made for PC controls. I looks akward when people are playing, I just think "How is the control format going to work???". On 360 I think it will not be that good, but it might be alright on PC. Call of Juarez is just too old. The game just feels mediocre, and the graphics...kungfukid

Cool, you haven't played any of em. Moot point confirmed!

Don't say something is bad if you've never had it.

kungfukid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kungfukid
CnC3 doesn not work very well. The PC ver. is much better, and RTS with controller doesn't handle very smoothly at all. If I could plug the mouse in I would, but the controller just doesn't work. Btw. My friend is a PC lover and I argue with him all the time that the 360 is better for many things. RTS is not one of them though. I love 360 because it is so easy to use and the online services are awsome. BTW. I am talking about games released in the middle of summer, not near the end when I will have no time to play them. I am also peeved, because all the good games got pushed back into september when I will have to be working HARD at school. Assassin's Creed also got punched out of April, and Mass Effect was shoved out of spring, so now when I was looking forward ro these awsome games...I have alot of mediocre games without the "epicness", and a bunch that are not very appealing. I also have played CS before, and playing for even 5 min then watching for 5 min is too long a wait imo. I want to play not watch. And there is very little though behind the game. It's basically the first person to shoot, and the person with the most health wins, that what it comes down to.
kungfukid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kungfukid
Uh, yes I have...I just told you I have...

[QUOTE="kungfukid"]I have played all demos for the games, except those who don't have demos. Games that play like CS, IMO I despise, I don't see the fun in playing 1 min, dying, then watching the rest of the round...And Two Worlds is obviously made for PC controls. I looks akward when people are playing, I just think "How is the control format going to work???". On 360 I think it will not be that good, but it might be alright on PC. Call of Juarez is just too old. The game just feels mediocre, and the graphics...BioShockOwnz

Uh, yes I have...I just told you I have...the demo is still the game, and I don't play through a mediocre game to get info on the game then decide it is good at the end...I want to enjoy it all the way through.

halo3-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 halo3-player
Member since 2006 • 6036 Posts
I sat here and loled for about3 min btw all the games you said were good and got pushed back were pushed back for a reason id rather wait a year than have some crappy game the more they work on it the better it gets and if you dont have any games go outside or hang out with friends you do have friends right?
halo3-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 halo3-player
Uh, yes I have...I just told you I have...[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="kungfukid"]I have played all demos for the games, except those who don't have demos. Games that play like CS, IMO I despise, I don't see the fun in playing 1 min, dying, then watching the rest of the round...And Two Worlds is obviously made for PC controls. I looks akward when people are playing, I just think "How is the control format going to work???". On 360 I think it will not be that good, but it might be alright on PC. Call of Juarez is just too old. The game just feels mediocre, and the graphics...kungfukid

Uh, yes I have...I just told you I have...the demo is still the game,and I don't play through a mediocre game to get info on the game then decide it is good at the end...I want to enjoy it all the way through.

BTW the demo is NOT THE GAME unless the demo is released after the game is out do you read the message at the begining of the demo where it says GAME WILL DIFFER FROM RETAIL

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

So what? Save up some money this summer for those amazing games coming out in fall. The drought is perfect timing. Then again, maybe I just feel that way because I've probably bought too many games this year and easily have enough to last me until the next batch of great games start coming. Bioshock's coming what, August 21st or something? That isn't too far off.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BioShockOwnz
Uh, yes I have...I just told you I have...[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="kungfukid"]I have played all demos for the games, except those who don't have demos. Games that play like CS, IMO I despise, I don't see the fun in playing 1 min, dying, then watching the rest of the round...And Two Worlds is obviously made for PC controls. I looks akward when people are playing, I just think "How is the control format going to work???". On 360 I think it will not be that good, but it might be alright on PC. Call of Juarez is just too old. The game just feels mediocre, and the graphics...kungfukid

Uh, yes I have...I just told you I have...the demo is still the game, and I don't play through a mediocre game to get info on the game then decide it is good at the end...I want to enjoy it all the way through.

A demo is not a representation of the final retail product. You haven't played the games you're trashing, and you don't have to. But just because you don't like the way they look....doesn't mean they are trash or suck. You're just not interested.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#29 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
The only game Im buying until probably September will be the Darkness. I wish MC would update the backwards comatible list sometime within the next month, so then I could play some Xbox greats along with my 360 games to pass the time easier.
MCPresident

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MCPresident
Member since 2005 • 426 Posts

Games that play like CS, IMO I despise, I don't see the fun in playing 1 min, dying, then watching the rest of the round...kungfukid

Just don't suck and you should be good.

Edit: That doesn't make much sense, but really, if you aren't bad at the game the whole round format doesn't matter.

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
what about army of two? isnt that suppossed to be coming out this summer?
halo3-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 halo3-player
what about army of two? isnt that suppossed to be coming out this summer?mother_farter
nah later in the year like november or somin so yeah im really excited about this one
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mother_farter

[QUOTE="mother_farter"]what about army of two? isnt that suppossed to be coming out this summer?halo3-player
nah later in the year like november or somin so yeah im really excited about this one

yeah i really want assasins creed and bioshock. especially assasins creed

Mikerules868

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mikerules868
Member since 2004 • 2153 Posts
i dont know about you buy i am getting the darkness, i mean come on it just came out like 2 days ago
munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts

blue dragon will be here soon!!!!

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mother_farter

i dont know about you buy i am getting the darkness, i mean come on it just came out like 2 days agoMikerules868

wow i didnt even know it was out

kungfukid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kungfukid
I really am looking forward to Blue Dragon, and probably Overlord. But racing games are too repetetive and frustrating at times, Two Worlds combat shown looks very akward and "not-for-consoles". Shadowrun is also a rip-off for $80. You get a few maps with gameplay I have already experienced, and the quality is the ****
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BioShockOwnz

I really am looking forward to Blue Dragon, and probably Overlord. But racing games are too repetetive and frustrating at times, Two Worlds combat shown looks very akward and "not-for-consoles". Shadowrun is also a rip-off for $80. You get a few maps with gameplay I have already experienced, and the quality is the ****kungfukid

How is Two Worlds combat awkward and "not for consoles"? It's just like Oblivion, and it controls like any other console hack and slash game. :|

TheLuxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheLuxan
Member since 2005 • 124 Posts
Ya I like Callof Juarez and the Darkness, but the others are bad. Shadowrun I owned for a week and traded it in because it gets old pretty fast. Now Two Worlds is a BIG maybe I've heard a lot of bad stuff about it from flying horses to invisible walls to horrible framerate, jaggies, and washed out graphics that look like a ps2 game. The whole stacking weapons, and magic elemental cards is cool and I've heard the spells arethe real eye candy, buteverything else look washed out. And not to mention that it has awhole different combat scheme than Oblivion where just X acts as your action/striking button that you have to button smash over and over again. I think I might just stay with Oblivion, or even wait for Conan or Fable 2 for a RPG like that.
GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts

For me, Summer is a time for me to catch up on games i didnt get to finish for the past year. With school and work on my shoulders, i can't finish a lot of games that i purchase. Its also a time for me to buy cheap used games that i missed on its initial release. And this cycle seems to repeat itself for me. cybermario

Same with me. YAY

kungfukid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kungfukid
The moves that the characters do in all of the footage I have watched (with weapons, I don't know about magic), the do the same twirling combnations as attacks, over and over.
etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts

nope

tree-branch
the rumor mole in the new OXM says that Too Human will not be released this year.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BioShockOwnz

The moves that the characters do in all of the footage I have watched (with weapons, I don't know about magic), the do the same twirling combnations as attacks, over and over.kungfukid

And that combat is awkward and "not for consoles"? Um, God of War and many other console games use the same type of melee combat.

Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Danold
Member since 2005 • 3174 Posts
Meh, its not a bad summer of gaming. Its just that there are so many good games coming out right when the summer ends, such as Halo 3, Bioshok, GTA 4 andespecially Assasins Creed. These coming games just seem to render the listed summer games obsolete, imo.
pathogenb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 pathogenb
Member since 2003 • 796 Posts
[QUOTE="kungfukid"]

BioShockOwnz

Well, have fun gaming. You're too picky, and those are all great games. Enjoy your 2 games while I enjoy all those games.

You sound like you're trying to hate on the 360.

agreed. this dude has issues.
DarkDemon91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DarkDemon91
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts

My summer aint going to be dry.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#50 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
Summer ends August 21? No, sorry. August is going to be a great month, its Bioshock time :).