This guy is a stupid

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 VGLeo34
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts

Anyone here read Gameinformer? theres aletter from a dude in there saying mass effect is total garbage and that it can't compare to halo or the mediocre(at best) timeshift. He also stated that he never got to the second battle, cause he didn't know how to get to it.

I am sorry but this is a stupid person. Mass Effect is tied for most original game on my list, tied with ratchet and clank, thje fact that i could punch and bully people is a amazing. Plus, since i almost always think cover systems are stupid, it had a simple to navigate and fun to use cover system.

Basically, My Question Is:

Are the Casual Gamers destroying the games we love? Have all the big Corporations forgot about the people that started their buisness?

No, seriously, look at the sales for mass effect, then Halo and Madden, Halo and same as last year football gamesell MILLIONS, while Mass Effect can barely go Platinum, certain games are gamers games. Mass Effect is a gamer game.

Halo, is for frats.

Did anyone else not like The Most Original Game EVER? (in sci fi)

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I hear ya. It's just like music. There's the mainstream you hear on the radio, and then the more original songs people never heard about. I dont let the media sway me. I play what I like.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Hey I'm in a frat were not all bad haha, but as gaming goes more mainstream so do the games. Gone are the days of the hardcore games because they just don't sell well.
chewy130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 chewy130
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts

was this a gameinformer offical reviewer? or just some random fan mail?

i can undertsnad fan mail but...

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VGLeo34

Hey I'm in a frat were not all bad haha, but as gaming goes more mainstream so do the games. Gone are the days of the hardcore games because they just don't sell well.Ket87

Do you play only Madden and Halo? if yes youre a frat, if no, your an okay frat id like to have a chug with

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VGLeo34

i can undertsnad fan mail but...

chewy130

It was mail, and the response was hilarious

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VGLeo34

Hey I'm in a frat were not all bad haha, but as gaming goes more mainstream so do the games. Gone are the days of the hardcore games because they just don't sell well.Ket87

Not true are they gone, Mass Effect is HARDCORE, Orange Box is HARDCORE, and.........................OBLIVION and STALKER are hardocore!!!!!

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ket87

[QUOTE="Ket87"]Hey I'm in a frat were not all bad haha, but as gaming goes more mainstream so do the games. Gone are the days of the hardcore games because they just don't sell well.VGLeo34

Do you play only Madden and Halo? if yes youre a frat, if no, your an okay frat id like to have a chug with

I have Madden and Halo but I also play more than just that. I mostly play CoD4, Mass Effect, Orange Box, and Oblivion.

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VGLeo34
[QUOTE="VGLeo34"]

[QUOTE="Ket87"]Hey I'm in a frat were not all bad haha, but as gaming goes more mainstream so do the games. Gone are the days of the hardcore games because they just don't sell well.Ket87

well. i did play madden for some achievements, Heineken or Budweiser? I got kegs of both!

I have Madden and Halo but I also play more than just that. I mostly play CoD4, Mass Effect, Orange Box, and Oblivion.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

i can understand fan mail but...

chewy130

I sure hope its a fan mail..:P

anyway like another said, games are becomming more mainstream than ever. because they sell.

masss effect is also mainstream. (not bashing, just the way it is).

I guess the next upcomming REAL hardcore game will be UT3 (on 360). atleast I hope so.

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VGLeo34
[QUOTE="Ket87"][QUOTE="VGLeo34"]

[QUOTE="Ket87"]Hey I'm in a frat were not all bad haha, but as gaming goes more mainstream so do the games. Gone are the days of the hardcore games because they just don't sell well.VGLeo34

well. i did play madden for some achievements, Heineken or Budweiser? I got kegs of both!

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VGLeo34
Mass Effect is, KINDA mainstream, UT3 hopefully yes, BUT PSYCHONAUTS IS A GAMERS GAME!! WHERED YOU GET THAT GAMER PIC?????
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killerfist

btw with MAINSTREAM I mean a game that is User friendly for the majority of gamers. hardcore gamers (on consoles) are a dying breed. mainstream gamers are comming..brace yourself..:P

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VGLeo34
GOOD NEWS ITS STUPID FAN MAIL!!!!
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ket87
Get the Heineken and grab your beer bong!
knives2-2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 knives2-2
Member since 2005 • 2956 Posts
lol I like how you are calling him stupid in a topic called "this guy is a stupid." Back on topic, his letter was pretty stupid. What is the point of bashing a game just because you don't care for it due to your tastes in games?
VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VGLeo34
well yes, but all those little kids and drunk frats don't know how to fire a gun so well be ready, but PC gamers have just gone underground with STEAM, but yes, we are dying, we need more people with PRO or UNDERGROUND on the tags(no offense)
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 killerfist

Mass Effect is, KINDA mainstream, UT3 hopefully yes, BUT PSYCHONAUTS IS A GAMERS GAME!! WHERED YOU GET THAT GAMER PIC?????VGLeo34

I got the gamerpic from the xbox originals section of marketplace. and its free! :P

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 killerfist

well yes, but all those little kids and drunk frats don't know how to fire a gun so well be ready, but PC gamers have just gone underground with STEAM, but yes, we are dying, we need more people with PRO or UNDERGROUND on the tags(no offense)VGLeo34

no offence taken. gamerzone doesnt mean anything tho. you will see what kind of gamer I am when you meet me on live:P recreation just summed it all up for me.

n_kors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 n_kors
Member since 2005 • 1785 Posts

Anyone here read Gameinformer? theres aletter from a dude in there saying mass effect is total garbage and that it can't compare to halo or the mediocre(at best) timeshift. He also stated that he never got to the second battle, cause he didn't know how to get to it.

I am sorry but this is a stupid person. Mass Effect is tied for most original game on my list, tied with ratchet and clank, thje fact that i could punch and bully people is a amazing. Plus, since i almost always think cover systems are stupid, it had a simple to navigate and fun to use cover system.

Are the Casual Gamers destroying the games we love? Have all the big Corporations forgot about the people that started their buisness?

No, seriously, look at the sales for mass effect, then Halo and Madden, Halo and same as last year football gamesell MILLIONS, while Mass Effect can barely go Platinum, certain games are gamers games. Mass Effect is a gamer game.

Halo, is for frats.

VGLeo34

I could not agree with you more. It makes me angry thinking about how sports games outsell most others. I hate sports games. I cannot stand them. But I am savoring every second of Mass Effect. It is seriously, in all honesty, one of the best games I have EVER played. WE'RE in a revolution, meaning you, I, and all others like us, not the people who play sports games. Sports games have never changed, and they never will because, like the person in your magazine, if sports games did get innovative, the people who enjoy will not be able to figure out how to play them. If anything sports gamers are good for RIPPING OFF. Let's just hope there are developers out there smart enough to spend nothing on making sports games, sell them for $60, and spend the revenue on games like oblivion and mass effect for people who appreciate the art of gaming.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ket87
Sports can still be fun but the people who buy them year after year are total tools. I'll buy a year and wait two or three to buy another. I did however buy 07 then bought 08 only because I had 07 on the PS2 and I had just got my 360 before 08 came out and I figured I'd get the new one for next gen then be set for a few years. I don't care about having a new roster or 30 new pre-play button combos to memorize.
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

Halo, is for frats.

VGLeo34

No, it's the companies that are destroying the games we USED to love. Everything we have grown to love over the seemingly countless years of joy have been completely replaced with graphics along with the "next-gen" term. Casual gamers never had anything to do with it and never will.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 killerfist

btw every online shooter could be played in a 'hardcore' way. it depends on how you play them. example: Ive seen so many threads the past few days with people that say COD requires more skill, halo3 requires more skill and blahblah yaddiyaddah. It depends on how you play it. most casual players take the same route in the map after respawning just to get shot every single time. a well placed grenade or a good sniper(scope) takes care of that:P. here is a better way: take a different route! and try to outsmart the enemy. thats the way games like this is ment to be played.

I agree with the fact that developpers are making more games for mainstream(casual) players. its just fact that those games sell better than others.

edit: forgot to make a point. :P

almost every game could be played in a casual and in a hardcore way.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 killerfist
another example: look at the Wii..almost every game on the Wii is ment to be played by casual gamers (with friends/family). and look how good it sells.
MrMcFail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrMcFail
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Halo, is for frats.

VGLeo34

Hey im not a frat because i play halo3. I mean, i know your angry, but you dont need to attack another game and calling everyone who plays it frats...

secher_nbiw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 secher_nbiw
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
I am slowly hearing about more and more people who open their eyes and realise that Mass Effect is very overrated. I played it through once, in about 25 hrs, and was very disappointed in what was supposed to be a breakthru revolutionary game. I have no desire to play it again. I hear lots of people say "Yeah, ME roks! WOoo!" Well, what rocks about it? What did they do that was so different? Everytime I ask someone why they like ME, they got nothin. There is a laundry list of things wrong with that game, and I wish that these bioware fanboys would understand that just because BW made the game, it isnt automatically the best game ever. What is so good about it again?
VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VGLeo34

not every person who plays halo is a frat)but sometimes it seems like it) nor is everyone who play Madden one. But the people who ONLY play these two games are a liitle fratish, but if you didn't buy the orange box because you didn't like Puzzles(which are contained in some way throughout the box) and was never good at them, your stupid. Now a Frat is:

Someone who NEVER uses the mic to coordinate in a game, just to yell and say how great he is

has 1970 gamerscore because he can't get the OVERKILL achievement in Halo 3(i can;t get it either) but the rest is from Madden and Halo.

and finally, they have no idea what to do when they get the red ring, or what the red ring is

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VGLeo34

I am slowly hearing about more and more people who open their eyes and realise that Mass Effect is very overrated. I played it through once, in about 25 hrs, and was very disappointed in what was supposed to be a breakthru revolutionary game. I have no desire to play it again. I hear lots of people say "Yeah, ME roks! WOoo!" Well, what rocks about it? What did they do that was so different? Everytime I ask someone why they like ME, they got nothin. There is a laundry list of things wrong with that game, and I wish that these bioware fanboys would understand that just because BW made the game, it isnt automatically the best game ever. What is so good about it again? secher_nbiw

well, I am a level designer and I loved the Citadel levels and other levels, they had a cover system that isn't so overrated(cough, gears of war) it makes people just jump out and shoot than hide, rather than shot blindly while somehow seeing(thats in game cheating). The guns are upgradable and can be purchased regularly or stolen. The armor looks different original and is different in every field, there is no best armor because certain armors correspond to certain abilities. The depth of the story and the fact that i can bully, befriend, or just normal people is great. Plus I can change the story based on my actions. What else? Waht else do you need?

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ket87
Most people I know within my frat and knowing people in a few others they all play CoD4, the ones who have gotten RROD have known how to deal with it, a few have higher gamerscore than me, and me and my roommate both play just about anything. The people I know who only play Halo 3 are not even in frats they are just those random guys who think they are hot **** and don't even realize how big of d-bags they really are.
gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gilv3r
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts
I don't care as long as they don't nerf my precious DMC, NG, etc.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#31 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

I hear ya. It's just like music. There's the mainstream you hear on the radio, and then the more original songs people never heard about. I dont let the media sway me. I play what I like.

Elann2008

Yea just look at my pic. I'm sure most ppl don't know COLD, but they know Fergie.

I really don't care though imo it's just their loss. If ppl want to listen to your typical mainstream music and play Halo all day that's up to them.

Silosorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silosorz
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts
mass effect owns, so does halo :)
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts

Don't bash casual gamers because they are what fuel the gaming market. Alow them to buy there Halo 3's and madden's. It's okay. Every game has some sort of "hardcore" fanbase. Look at Halo 2(not 3) team hardcore. That was for people wanting to paly with skill. Look at CoD4's Hardcore TD and S&D. Casual palyers can't survive so they play the other game types. Game developers have to make thier games acessible to other types of players because ifall games were geared to us(hardcore fans) they would lose tons of profit. Tim schaffer is prime example. Pyschonauts was genius,sadly noone bought it, but tim is not after the profit but to make good games. For as many good"hardcore" games out there there are 2 casual games. Casual Gamers don't hurt us, rather help us in a complex way.

TigerFangRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 TigerFangRed
Member since 2005 • 1928 Posts
I hear ya, I love the more hardcore gamer games...but it's true they're just not selling as well anymore. Sigh.
aerman176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 aerman176
Member since 2006 • 710 Posts
I read that and laughed at how much he disgraced himself to all GI readers. He had no idea what it was that he bought. All he cared about was finding the next enemy to shoot, Mass Effect clearly has too much substance for him. I laughed especially hard at the end when he said Timeshift>Mass Effect.
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 forgetwatyahear
I read that and laughed at how much he disgraced himself to all GI readers. He had no idea what it was that he bought. All he cared about was finding the next enemy to shoot, Mass Effect clearly has too much substance for him. I laughed especially hard at the end when he said Timeshift>Mass Effect. aerman176
in other words Gi told the guy..
lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts

[QUOTE="secher_nbiw"]I am slowly hearing about more and more people who open their eyes and realise that Mass Effect is very overrated. I played it through once, in about 25 hrs, and was very disappointed in what was supposed to be a breakthru revolutionary game. I have no desire to play it again. I hear lots of people say "Yeah, ME roks! WOoo!" Well, what rocks about it? What did they do that was so different? Everytime I ask someone why they like ME, they got nothin. There is a laundry list of things wrong with that game, and I wish that these bioware fanboys would understand that just because BW made the game, it isnt automatically the best game ever. What is so good about it again? VGLeo34

well, I am a level designer and I loved the Citadel levels and other levels, they had a cover system that isn't so overrated(cough, gears of war) it makes people just jump out and shoot than hide, rather than shot blindly while somehow seeing(thats in game cheating). The guns are upgradable and can be purchased regularly or stolen. The armor looks different original and is different in every field, there is no best armor because certain armors correspond to certain abilities. The depth of the story and the fact that i can bully, befriend, or just normal people is great. Plus I can change the story based on my actions. What else? Waht else do you need?

I never liked rpg's, But I tried Masseffect and it is one of the best games I have ever played. I been gaming 20 yrs, some people may not like it but it was really fun for me and I couldnt put the controller down. This game made me want to get oblivion game of the year edition, maybe rpg's are better than I thought.

lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts

[QUOTE="secher_nbiw"]I am slowly hearing about more and more people who open their eyes and realise that Mass Effect is very overrated. I played it through once, in about 25 hrs, and was very disappointed in what was supposed to be a breakthru revolutionary game. I have no desire to play it again. I hear lots of people say "Yeah, ME roks! WOoo!" Well, what rocks about it? What did they do that was so different? Everytime I ask someone why they like ME, they got nothin. There is a laundry list of things wrong with that game, and I wish that these bioware fanboys would understand that just because BW made the game, it isnt automatically the best game ever. What is so good about it again? VGLeo34

I never liked rpg's, But I tried Masseffect and it is one of the best games I have ever played. I been gaming 20 yrs, some people may not like it but it was really fun for me and I couldnt put the controller down. This game made me want to get oblivion game of the year edition, maybe rpg's are better than I thought.

Avatar image for CorporateHammer
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 CorporateHammer
Member since 2007 • 992 Posts
I understand how you feel about certain games outselling quite refreshing and original games, however I bought Mass Effect at launch and was quite disappointed. Not that its a bad game but it really felt like a repainted KOTOR. Enjoyed the story and substance in the game and yes it was massive. I personally had a hard time getting past the small quirks with the game. Example the quirk which spurred me to trade the game in was the multiple times I would load a game save to not beable to move my character. Another I was running through the city (forgot the accual name) and my character suddenly was glued into place. Maybe just my box who knows but it was annoying to the point of after completely playing through once to not want to bother with a second run through.
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 forgetwatyahear
RPGs never have been "mainstream or casual"(cept FF and maybe Chrono trigger and earthbound{that games is rediculously good})
VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 VGLeo34

I understand how you feel about certain games outselling quite refreshing and original games, however I bought Mass Effect at launch and was quite disappointed. Not that its a bad game but it really felt like a repainted KOTOR. Enjoyed the story and substance in the game and yes it was massive. I personally had a hard time getting past the small quirks with the game. Example the quirk which spurred me to trade the game in was the multiple times I would load a game save to not beable to move my character. Another I was running through the city (forgot the accual name) and my character suddenly was glued into place. Maybe just my box who knows but it was annoying to the point of after completely playing through once to not want to bother with a second run through.CorporateHammer

I too was kinda dissapointed, not about the KOTOR thing cause anygame like KOTOr in ayway in my mind is great. But I didn't like all the elevators. But I overcame this with the fact that they NEEDED the elevators. I also didn't likt the ending(it was okay), and there were glitches, plus, I douldn't fly the Normandy. And I was looking for some Ratchet and Clank like ship action, only serious

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 VGLeo34

I understand that the game industry NEEDS certain games to stay huge, but don't dumo them all on us and turn your back on the hardcore like nintendo. All im saying is that the Casuals can say: " MAKE THIS GAME EASIER!!!!!" while I snipe them in TF2, but understand that if you enter a game like TF2 with mostly Hardcore gamers, you better be ready.

Also, Ket87, I must have missinterpreted my thoughts too you. I meant the BAD frats, by your description there fine, but there are bad frats out there. Oh are they out there.

By the way, Nintendo needs to show it still knows theres Harcore people by releasing earthbound for DS and Wii. Agreed?

PS. I am a Level Designer at Insomniac(no! I will not say anything about resisitance 2!) does anybody want industry tips?

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VGLeo34

one thing we messed up on in Ratchet and Clank TOD is that it gor easy and short, nothing like the other games which where hard and hardcore gamer material. As a Level Designer I am sorry, we tried to aim at a different audience and it blew up. Well. kinda, tha game sold but I couldn't believe we made it so EASY.

So, I am sorry.

callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts

I completely agree, the "casual gamer" is surely hindering video game ingenuity. My biggest pet-pev about video games, console games specifically, is that they are too simple. Complex gameplay has been substituted with "user-friendly," one-dimensional gameplay, which, in my opinion, has transformed gaming into a monotonous, brain-damage inducing experience.

ANNIHL8TOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ANNIHL8TOR
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

Halo, is for frats.

How dare you call another gamer a name because of his/her personal choice of game genre.Would you like it if I called all RPG/RTS gamers absolute dorks?I would hope not.I dont bash on someone for liking Final Fantasy or World of Warcraft or say Zelda for example, but I think those games are stupid---thats only MY opinion, those people enjoy those games and thats fine with me.This is not hard fact,but I believe most games sold are to what you call "casual"gamers,you know the Halos the Gears of War,and Call of Duty4 type games.Im willing to bet Ive been playing games longer than you have.Thats what makes me harcore,not devoting my whole life to the videogame universe.Without "casual" gamers,you might not have any games to play at all.My point is we all have a passion for games, so put all the God **** crying and moaning aside and be glad someone else enjoys the thing you do,even if its not your genre.Im not trying to single you out, im speaking to any and all who look down on another gamer just because they dont agree with it.

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 VGLeo34

First of all, it GEEKS not Dorks!I dont Bash people I bash games. Halo is for CERTAIN frats, the ones that are bad, there are good ones but then there are the ones who only talk about how great his foot ball game was. But I know there are good frats out there.

But lets be honest, Halo 2 got alot of publicity from stars and jocks, then BAD JOCKS AND FRATS buy it. Penny Arcade hates it too.

Listen, I thikits odd if a person only buys Sports games, and they buy EVERY SPORTS GAME OUT THERE. YEAR AFTER YEAR, theyre tools

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 VGLeo34

Halo, is for frats.

How dare you call another gamer a name because of his/her personal choice of game genre.Would you like it if I called all RPG/RTS gamers absolute dorks?I would hope not.I dont bash on someone for liking Final Fantasy or World of Warcraft or say Zelda for example, but I think those games are stupid---thats only MY opinion, those people enjoy those games and thats fine with me.This is not hard fact,but I believe most games sold are to what you call "casual"gamers,you know the Halos the Gears of War,and Call of Duty4 type games.Im willing to bet Ive been playing games longer than you have.Thats what makes me harcore,not devoting my whole life to the videogame universe.Without "casual" gamers,you might not have any games to play at all.My point is we all have a passion for games, so put all the God **** crying and moaning aside and be glad someone else enjoys the thing you do,even if its not your genre.Im not trying to single you out, im speaking to any and all who look down on another gamer just because they dont agree with it.

ANNIHL8TOR

That I DONT DEVOTE MY LIFE TO GAMING UNIVERSE SO IM HARDCORE. I work in the game industry so im imersed in the Gaming Universe, but if you are Immersed in the gaming universe and have no reason for it you need to relak aliittle and take some time off from gaming,

VGLeo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 VGLeo34

Halo, is for frats.

ANNIHL8TOR

That I DONT DEVOTE MY LIFE TO GAMING UNIVERSE SO IM HARDCORE. I work in the game industry so im imersed in the Gaming Universe, but if you are Immersed in the gaming universe and have no reason for it you need to relak aliittle and take some time off from gaming,

Gualoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gualoh
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

Halo, is for frats.

VGLeo34

I didn't like Mass Effect because I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do next. In my mind, a game isn't supposed to frustrate you to no end. You shouldn't have to do a google search just to find out the next path or person to talk to. I understand that's what alot of other gamers want and I'm very appreciative of that. It's just not my thing. Growing up I had alot of friends who played D&D and then Magic and would read the book things and have meetings about strategies. I never got into that.

Haeravon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Haeravon
Member since 2004 • 764 Posts
I've said it before, and I'm saying it again, shallow gamers with no mind for story destroy great games and leave us with mindless games. Legacy of Kain and Baldur's Gate deserve more credit than they've recieved, for example. Unfortunately more people will buy Rock Band than Mass Effect, and so mindless games will continue to be vomited out at us.