The Xbox 360 Recommendation Thread & MORE (Updated: 09/03/07)

• 182 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kaa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Kaa21
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts

All I would say that neither thread belongs to anyone in particular.

Sure, either one of you made the thread, but it all depends on the current hot topics of the forum.

A month old thread can be bumped, but it has to have meaningful content in that recent post, and be along the lines of the previously mentioned hot topics.

I could and did copy the previous Oblvion discussion FAQ and thread, just to make it more desirable to post questions there.

You can always copy your previous threads entire contents into a new thread if its too old.

All I can say is that from a observers standpoint, you remembered your thread because of another persons current thread, and decided to bring it back to life...

Either way though, people will still keep posting there " What game should I get"  threads regardless of a recommendation sticky.  It's just the way this forum is...

If you two really want to get into a argument over this, both of you pm the mods and have them look into this situation and  resolve it......rather than keep arguing over it in each of the threads. Which can get you both in trouble.

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 lotr_2003
Member since 2003 • 2096 Posts

under my wettings there are 18 posts on the last page.   12 of them are by lotr.  that is spamming,  plain and simple.   3 consecutive posts in a row is spamming.  nobody owns any threads.  the topic belongs to no one.  everyone has an equal right to post.  and you cant plagerize a forum post,  it's public domain.  and yours wasn't the first either.  you coppied an earlier one as i remember.  live and let live.  everyone has a right to post.  if you dont want to read a thread just dont click on it.  you have a right to your thread and he has a right to his,  but neither need to be stickied.rdo

Ok, what settings are you talking about? 3 consecutive posts are not spamming if its on a different subject. By the way, I need to tell the public my updates and its really useful in situation like these. LOL....very funny how you say I copied someone. I was quick enough to use the search box and look if any existed and the answer was no, so I did it first. You do not have proof that I copied someone.

You are right on some points though...Yes everyone has a right to post and yes, If I do not want to read the person's thread who copied me, I wont. He does have the right to have a thread but does not have the right to plagiarize.

In conclusion, you are not the mod, and let the mod do its business towards spamming. Thank you!

This is getting ridiculous, we have got to stay on the topic, no more post about this argument.

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 lotr_2003

Sure, either one of you made the thread, but it all depends on the current hot topics of the forum.

A month old thread can be bumped, but it has to have meaningful content in that recent post, and be along the lines of the previously mentioned hot topics.

I could and did copy the previous Oblvion discussion FAQ and thread, just to make it more desirable to post questions there.

You can always copy your previous threads entire contents into a new thread if its too old.

All I can say is that from a observers standpoint, you remembered your thread because of another persons current thread, and decided to bring it back to life...

Either way though, people will still keep posting there " What game should I get"  threads regardless of a recommendation sticky.  It's just the way this forum is...

If you two really want to get into a argument over this, both of you pm the mods and have them look into this situation and  resolve it......rather than keep arguing over it in each of the threads. Which can get you both in trouble.

Kaa21

You are right, but I did this thread to minimize the amount of ..."what game should I get"...like you said and it does work. Look at the xbox and gamecube forum. To stop the arguying, all of us has got to stay on the subject and no more talking about this conflict, after I reply to what the mod said on page 5 ;)

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 lotr_2003
[QUOTE="lotr_2003"][QUOTE="Maui00"][QUOTE="lotr_2003"][QUOTE="Maui00"][QUOTE="lotr_2003"]

[QUOTE="Maui00"]now now guys, stop the fighting nowMaui00

Maui00, are u a mod from anoter gaming website? If yes, what would you when somebody makes a thread and 4 months later, a user replicates the exact same threads with the exact same ideas?

yep. Im a moderator of the xbox 360 discussion board here in Gamespot. And to anwser your question, that would be plagiarism and you can report plagiarism because is against the ToU

Already done! He keeps on complaining that I decided to bump my thread. Yes, its true, I didnt touch it for a month max. but if he would have read the terms of use on gamespot, he would of thought of doing a little search before copying my thread. I've done this thread since March and it's mine and NOBODY will copy it. Done.

But i need to say this: bumping old topics is againt the rules too. In this case, a moderator Gamespot Moderator can come here and close this topic. So you better watch out what your're bumping.

But this isn't an old topic and it will never be. Just because I neglect my thread due to education reasons and decide 20 days later to update it, how is that considered bumping when it's my thread and not somebody else's? Besides, I never say bump in this thread (maybe on page 1 or 2 when I started this thread in march). On the other hand, if you want someone who says bump a lot, you should see the person who stole my thread. O wait, he edited his message and wrote UPDATE.

Now, I know he will say that I say update as well, but at least I mention the update I just did. It's great that I do that because in situation like these, those are the written proof of the updates I've done as for when you just write update and nothing else, that is not accurate.

it doesn't matter if it's your thread, bumping any old topic for example, a month old topic is againts the rules. and it doesn't matter if you say bump; in other words, if you reply a month old topic, that's consider bumping.

Why aren't we locking the other recommended thread's on the other forums when they dont reply in 30 days. BTW, could you show me in the Terms of Use where it says that if you post after 30 days, its considered spamming because I see no time limit.

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 lotr_2003
This is the Xbox 360 Recommended List & More thread. Any post that are out of context will be ignored, deleted and reported to the moderators. Let's make this place clean and stay to the subject.
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaa21"]

lotr_2003

You are right, but I did this thread to minimize the amount of ..."what game should I get"...like you said and it does work. Look at the xbox and gamecube forum. To stop the arguying, all of us has got to stay on the subject and no more talking about this conflict, after I reply to what the mod said on page 5 ;)

if you are refering to maui i believe he laso said you shouldn't be bumping.  and he's not a mod for gamespot,  he might be for a union board or something like that.  he dosn't have the mod tag and gamespot dosn't have board specific mods,  nor do they plan to.  i requested that about 6 months ago, to no avail.  and correct i'm not a mod,  i have no authority.  by the same standards you and issac dont either.  noone has the right to tell others not to post.  i never implied that you didn't have the right to post,   just that others share that same right. 

and the settings were my posts per page setting,  which you probably have the same settings.  and by the way i think the default is ten per page so the mod you refered to will be on page ten for most people.  for me it was on page 5 too.  but i'm done.   you seem to have agreed to respect his right to his thread and i hope he respects your right to your thread.

Maui00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#107 Maui00
Member since 2004 • 8747 Posts
[QUOTE="Maui00"][QUOTE="lotr_2003"][QUOTE="Maui00"][QUOTE="lotr_2003"][QUOTE="Maui00"][QUOTE="lotr_2003"]

[QUOTE="Maui00"]now now guys, stop the fighting nowlotr_2003

Maui00, are u a mod from anoter gaming website? If yes, what would you when somebody makes a thread and 4 months later, a user replicates the exact same threads with the exact same ideas?

yep. Im a moderator of the xbox 360 discussion board here in Gamespot. And to anwser your question, that would be plagiarism and you can report plagiarism because is against the ToU

Already done! He keeps on complaining that I decided to bump my thread. Yes, its true, I didnt touch it for a month max. but if he would have read the terms of use on gamespot, he would of thought of doing a little search before copying my thread. I've done this thread since March and it's mine and NOBODY will copy it. Done.

But i need to say this: bumping old topics is againt the rules too. In this case, a moderator Gamespot Moderator can come here and close this topic. So you better watch out what your're bumping.

But this isn't an old topic and it will never be. Just because I neglect my thread due to education reasons and decide 20 days later to update it, how is that considered bumping when it's my thread and not somebody else's? Besides, I never say bump in this thread (maybe on page 1 or 2 when I started this thread in march). On the other hand, if you want someone who says bump a lot, you should see the person who stole my thread. O wait, he edited his message and wrote UPDATE.

Now, I know he will say that I say update as well, but at least I mention the update I just did. It's great that I do that because in situation like these, those are the written proof of the updates I've done as for when you just write update and nothing else, that is not accurate.

it doesn't matter if it's your thread, bumping any old topic for example, a month old topic is againts the rules. and it doesn't matter if you say bump; in other words, if you reply a month old topic, that's consider bumping.

Why aren't we locking the other recommended thread's on the other forums when they dont reply in 30 days. BTW, could you show me in the Terms of Use where it says that if you post after 30 days, its considered spamming because I see no time limit.

here a link about bumping old topic staright from the horse mouth; a GS moderator

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24747542

xOMICRONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 xOMICRONx
Member since 2006 • 2834 Posts
Nice ;), this should be stickied to get rid of those "bout a 360, what games should I get?" threads :roll:
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 lotr_2003

Nice ;), this should be stickied to get rid of those "bout a 360, what games should I get?" threads :roll:xOMICRONx

That is exactly the purpose of this thread, getting rid of those type of threads to make this forum clean and organised for this Xbox 360 forum.

Maui00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Maui00

And finally this thread will not get sticky

Here the proves: link

Im sorry

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 lotr_2003
After all this work, and that is what I get....Great! The user who copied me violated the terms of use which made me provoke. In the terms of use, under the flaming term, provoking is not aloud and that is what he has done. Oh well, I will still give it a try or else I'm never going to help these forums again. Thank you for showing the thread Maui00, at least I know he got told. Thank you for your help!
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lotr_2003

Update (08/07/03) 00:04

- Finally found room to re-add xbox live arcade games list, added geometry wars.

- Added the source of my overall score where it belongs.

Feel free to post suggestions!

dude_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 dude_12
Member since 2003 • 1545 Posts
[QUOTE="lotr_2003"]
How about instead of getting one of these games... you go pre-order gears of war? Now thats a good way to spend money.Haloissosweet_

What are gamers suppose to play while they wait several months to play Gears of War?

they're suppose to play the newly compatible xbox1 games on their 360.....duh!
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 lotr_2003

[QUOTE="lotr_2003"] [QUOTE="Haloissosweet_"]How about instead of getting one of these games... you go pre-order gears of war? Now thats a good way to spend money.dude_12

What are gamers suppose to play while they wait several months to play Gears of War?

they're suppose to play the newly compatible xbox1 games on their 360.....duh!

But there aren't that many new compatible games on the 360. The last one I recall is Doom 3. Besides, with all the game on the list, that should last you til this fall.

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 lotr_2003
I've got a question for all of you. I've been looking at the top 10 rated xbox 360 games on gameranking and I've noticed that Need for speed:Most Wanted was #9. I own that game but I am not sure If I can recommend that game entirely. Should I add NFS:MW to the list? Thank you!
XprimeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 XprimeX
Member since 2006 • 1148 Posts
Good lists of games and accesories although in my opinion COD2 and PD Zero were a little last gen for the 360, i love the cover for Halo3!:D
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 lotr_2003

Good lists of games and accesories although in my opinion COD2 and PD Zero were a little last gen for the 360, i love the cover for Halo3!:D XprimeX

Thanx for the post. As for the Halo 3 cover, do u want me to leave is that size of post it at it's original size?

soroush7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 soroush7
Member since 2003 • 1968 Posts
Can u stop bumping this dam thing? its never gana get stickied.
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 lotr_2003

Can u stop bumping this dam thing? its never gana get stickied.soroush7

I'm not bumping. I am simply replying to what the users posted. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Bumping is considered if you post a message several time and ALL of those messages are identical. My last 3 post aren't identical. Therefore, I am not bumping. Thank you for you post though.

If you thing what I said is not accurate, please read Gamespot's terms of use.

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 lotr_2003

Updated (07/04/06) 1:40 p.m.

- Added Marble Blast Ultra to the Xbox Live Arcade Games list.

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#121 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts
Great list of games, keep up the work.

flintgijoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122 flintgijoe
Member since 2004 • 1954 Posts
bump
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 lotr_2003
[QUOTE="Ghost_Warrior"] Great list of games, keep up the work.

Thanx, anything missing in this thread? Any suggestions?
Avatar image for The_Arbiter4444
The_Arbiter4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#124 The_Arbiter4444
Member since 2005 • 12691 Posts
Bump.
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 lotr_2003
The reviews for the new Lord of the rings are good so far. However, do you think it should be part of the list even though it came out on the pc a while ago? I'm not to sure to add that one to the list...
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 lotr_2003

The review for Prey is up. It got a 7.5

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/prey/review.html

I guess it's one of those anticipated games that are only GOOD at the end.

BeNOwNz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 BeNOwNz
Member since 2006 • 2942 Posts
Did u make that halo3 box art? but not to be mean,it looks awful. You shoud of just posted the title ''Halo 3''.
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 lotr_2003

Did u make that halo3 box art? but not to be mean,it looks awful. You shoud of just posted the title ''Halo 3''. BeNOwNz

Nope. I found it on the web. If you can find a better one on the web, i'll replace it if you want. It's better to add a picture then just a plain title.

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 lotr_2003

Updated on (07/11/06)

- Added Xbox Live Vision in Xbox 360 Accessories (September19, 2006)

- Deleted Prey from Most Anticipated Games list due to its release today.

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 lotr_2003

Updated (07/14/06/) -editing, typo corrections, reduced font.

I was thinking of adding a statistics section for this thread and I am wondering what A stands for in games. I know that AA is for games that score between 8.0 and 8.9 and AAA is from 9.0 to 10.0, but I do not know what A stands for because ppl dont talk about A games as much. I would guess A stands for 7.0 to 7.9 but I want someone to confirm if I'm right before posting. Thanx.

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 lotr_2003

Updated (07/14/06/) -editing, typo corrections, reduced font.

I was thinking of adding a statistics section for this thread and I am wondering what A stands for in games. I know that AA is for games that score between 8.0 and 8.9 and AAA is from 9.0 to 10.0, but I do not know what A stands for because ppl dont talk about A games as much. I would guess A stands for 7.0 to 7.9 but I want someone to confirm if I'm right before posting. Thanx.

lotr_2003

^^^ Could you please answer that question you see above, I need an answer quickly.^^^

mike_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 mike_03
Member since 2003 • 2773 Posts
you forgot rts
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 lotr_2003

you forgot rts mike_03

Does the lord of the rings, battle for middle earth 2 good enough to be in the list. I only played the dem and I liked it but I need your opinion if it should be recommeneded.

All users, please don't forget to answer this question:

I know that AA is for games that score between 8.0 and 8.9 and AAA is from 9.0 to 10.0, but I do not know what A stands for because ppl dont talk about A games as much.

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 lotr_2003

Updated on (07/21/06) at 1:38 a.m.

-Added Real-Time Strategy as a category in the recommended list (Still need you input on the new lotr bfme2 game)

-Added a statistics section on the Xbox 360 (data coming soon)

-Added 4 new anticipated games.

Comments, suggestions, questions, feel free to post. Thank you!

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 lotr_2003

Updated (07/21/06) at 1:10 p.m.

- Statistics has been added for the Xbox 360. Go check it out on the first page.

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 lotr_2003
Updated (07/21/06) at 5:22 p.m.

- 13 to 15 million Xbox 360's shipped by June 2007 has been added to statistics.

Do you think it's going to happen? I think its reasonable but it all depends how good the sales are going for the Wii and PS3.
Maui00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Maui00
why are you updating your topic??????
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 lotr_2003

why are you updating your topic??????Maui00

I've always been updating my thread, why do you ask? BTW, where did you get that raven fan sig. bar, I can never find it?

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 lotr_2003

Is this a better cover boxart then the one I posted on page 1? Should I change it?

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts
umm i think if u ask most ppl they will say that Test Drive Unlimitwed is not a HIGHLY anticapated game
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 lotr_2003

umm i think if u ask most ppl they will say that Test Drive Unlimitwed is not a HIGHLY anticapated gameiloverikku11

Thanx! I took it out!

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 lotr_2003

Updated (07/22/06) at 8:10 p.m.

- Added a "Best cover of the week" section where users can submit box covers that you've created or found that deserves to be the best cover of the week.

This week's best cover is Halo 3, check out  page 1 to find out how it looks like or look at the picture below this message ;)

If you want your cover to be the best cover of the week, submit a link and I will add it in the section along with your username.

Codename33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#143 Codename33
Member since 2005 • 2719 Posts

Add LOTR: BFME 2 and Hitman: Blood Money. They're decent games that got good ratings here at GS

Also, for anticipated games, add test drive, forza 2, bioshock, viva pinata, HL2: episode 2, and NFS carbon.

Sir_Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Sir_Fresh
Member since 2005 • 136 Posts

I think you should add Mass Effect in there for most anticipated.

nice thread though:D

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 lotr_2003

Add LOTR: BFME 2 and Hitman: Blood Money. They're decent games that got good ratings here at GS

Also, for anticipated games, add test drive, forza 2, bioshock, viva pinata, HL2: episode 2, and NFS carbon.

Codename33

Added all of those except for NFS Carbon because there are no available pictures or boxarts so far. Once they come up, i'll add it :D

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 lotr_2003

Updated (08/01/06) 20:50 p.m.

- Selection of a new cover of the week, its between Forza Motorsport 2 or Gears of War.

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 lotr_2003

Updated (08/01/06) 20:50 p.m.

- Selection of a new cover of the week, its between Forza Motorsport 2 or Gears of War.

lotr_2003

Updated (08/02/06) 22:15 p.m.

- Due to being the # 1 game on the 360 webpage from gamespot.com, Dead Rising is this week's best cover. Check it out on the first page of this thread. Forza 2 and Gears of War will be posted in the next few weeks as for being the best covers, but until then it's dead rising.

john56896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 john56896
Member since 2006 • 2401 Posts

[QUOTE="the_foreign_guy"]nice job so far. Just wish I had enough money to buy all these great games. lotr_2003

Thank you! Yea, I wish I had enough money to actually own all these games but remember, you can always rent a game for 5$ so at least you can get some fun out of the game.

try 8$ for 5 days
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 lotr_2003

Updated (08/08/06) at 3:22 p.m.

- The statistics section has been updated, the Xbox 360 has now 21 AA game titles because of the release of Dead Rising which got a 8.4 on gamespot.

- The best cover this week is Gears of War, go check out the first page to look at the cover.

- Obviously, Dead Rising is no longer a part of the most anticipated list section.

Lastly, I need to know if there are any arcade games worth recommending because there are only 2 on my list and I can't really recommend some because I'm not a big fan of those games and I haven't played them myself except for geometry wars, therefore it would be wrong for me to post any arcade game and add them to my list. I just need you to post a title of what you think are the best arcade games other than geometry wars and marble blast ultra. Thank you!

Coolkow19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Coolkow19
Member since 2006 • 183 Posts
Cloning clyde and street fighter and i dont think you have uno there either