The Xbox 360 Do you Remember when? thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 NicAgent
Member since 2005 • 4693 Posts
Do you remember when: -Achievements were thrown out there for 50-100G just for doing something as simple as completing a level with your fist and grenades (COD3?) -You get an achievement for doing 5 car-to-car jumps, then another one for doing 10, then another for 20 (Just Cause) -You could be a host of a ranked game and make all the rules, since matchmaking is something only Halo 2 did -Games had only 15 achievements -The "Ranked Match" was both the only way to get your stats recorded and also where you couldn't play with your friends? -You couldn't invite your friend or send him a chat invite because they were playing Halo 2 -Online guides told you how to get your Gamerscore up to 6000 easily -You debated if you should just get the original Xbox version of the game because you don't have HD
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

the ps3 was no contest :lol:

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Do you remember when your friends told you about their RRODs and you told them it would never happen to you, and then a month later, it did?
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

I remember the blades. The beautiful blades. Then came the NXE -shivers-

JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
i miss the blades, but im happy that I can install my games on my HDD so my 3 year old Xbox has a better chance of living on.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I feel stupid because I really don't get the point of this thread. :|

Do you remember when you could understand threads better?

Not tonight that's for sure. :lol:

DBIZMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 DBIZMO
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts
i miss the blades, but im happy that I can install my games on my HDD so my 3 year old Xbox has a better chance of living on.JuggaloRandall
I miss the sounds of the blades :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#8 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Yes, I remember 2006.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Do you remember when your friends told you about their RRODs and you told them it would never happen to you, and then a month later, it did? JustPlainLucas
Yes, the dreaded E74. It wasn't my doing though. I should have never let my girlfriend's cousin borrow it. Now, ex-gf, not because of this incident though lol.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Do you remember when your Xbox 360 would overheat after only a few minutes?

I do and it pissed me off.

Do you remember when the UPS guy screwed you over and made you wait for a month to never really bring the shipping label?

I do that son of a ****.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Do you remember when your Xbox 360 would overheat after only a few minutes?

I do and it pissed me off.

Do you remember when the UPS guy screwed you over and made you wait for a month to never really bring the shipping label?

I do that son of a ****.

craigalan23
Yes. *shakes fist* I took his first born.
tbs76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 tbs76
Member since 2004 • 479 Posts

I remember when Xbox Live was all about the games and less about all the social non game related stuff. I remember when games didn't all have 50 plus achievements and the ones you did get were worth more than a measly 5pts. I remember when DLC was an option only for games that sold well enough to warrent it and not a pre planned option to rake in more money before the game even gathers dust. I remember when Microsoft was more focused on killer app games instead of trying to capture the the attention of non traditional gamers. I remember paying less than I will soon for Xbox Live. I remember getting alot more free game add ons or content. I remeber a time when Xbox 360 was my only option but have since dropped the ball and made competitors systems look even more appealing. I remeber a time when I could actually save up for a game instead of being bombarded by so many games that you would have to be rich to play em all!

Bllasae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Bllasae
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts

i miss the blades, but im happy that I can install my games on my HDD so my 3 year old Xbox has a better chance of living on.JuggaloRandall

This.

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#14 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts

Do you remember when Xbox live was 50$ a year?

Gabez_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gabez_R
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

Do you remember A year ago when Infinity Ward released the "Flag Runner" multiplayer trailer? And almost everyone **** themselves?

D-RS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 D-RS
Member since 2009 • 2003 Posts

Do you remember when Xbox live was 50$ a year?

BLBxLakers24
It still 50 $ now . And 1 year cards are being sold for 35 $ , a win for me! Also i remember when i didn't have an xbox ( i got 3 months ago so.:P)
NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17 NicAgent
Member since 2005 • 4693 Posts
Yeah it seemed that over time the Achievements handed out for games have "matured". When achievements were new, the games would have rather simplistic goals for achievements instead of what they have now. In addition, I remember in the early days of my Xbox 360 ownership Halo 2 was like the only good FPS out there; other than that you'd have to play COD3 or GRAW 2 if you were tired of Gears.
summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
I remember playing Cod4, when the community was active, and it was actually /fun/ to play. Now its just full of angry jerks and people running around sniping. (remember when it was okay to sit in a bush and scope?)
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Do you remember when your friends told you about their RRODs and you told them it would never happen to you, and then a month later, it did? JustPlainLucas
No, because I was the first to get the 360 and the first to get the rrod :P

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
remember when it was okay to sit in a bush and scope?summer_star17x
oh I do, happy days, now, I am apparently a "hardscope noob" a "pistol noob" a "try hard" and I am also "sweaty" what all this means? beats me
Gabez_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gabez_R
[QUOTE="summer_star17x"]remember when it was okay to sit in a bush and scope?Overlord93
oh I do, happy days, now, I am apparently a "hardscope noob" a "pistol noob" a "try hard" and I am also "sweaty" what all this means? beats me

Damn Quick scopers must go to hell....Just because I use a sniper like its supposed to be used and I can actually kill you doesn't make me a n00b. Retards, Pedo's, idiots, lunatics and fascists combined >Quick Scopers
foolsgoldREC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 foolsgoldREC
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i remember when people actually plugged there mics in and and talked to you without making loud annoying noises and making fun of you for saying one word
Gabez_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gabez_R
i remember when people actually plugged there mics in and and talked to you without making loud annoying noises and making fun of you for saying one wordfoolsgoldREC
Come play with us South Africans we actually have a much older community and a few kids who are nice, but no one ever trash talks or is rascist.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#24 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
[QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="summer_star17x"]remember when it was okay to sit in a bush and scope?Gabez_R

Damn Quick scopers must go to hell....Just because I use a sniper like its supposed to be used and I can actually kill you doesn't make me a n00b. Retards, Pedo's, idiots, lunatics and fascists combined >Quick Scopers

Come on, I bet there are a ton of people who can practically aim bot multiple people with a Barret .50 Cal in a millisecond in real life. J/k.
Gabez_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gabez_R
[QUOTE="hillelslovak"][QUOTE="Gabez_R"][QUOTE="Overlord93"]oh I do, happy days, now, I am apparently a "hardscope noob" a "pistol noob" a "try hard" and I am also "sweaty" what all this means? beats me

Come on, I bet there are a ton of people who can practically aim bot multiple people with a Barret .50 Cal in a millisecond in real life. J/k.

Haha :P I laughed.
Ellimem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ellimem
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts

I remember playing Cod4, when the community was active, and it was actually /fun/ to play. Now its just full of angry jerks and people running around sniping. (remember when it was okay to sit in a bush and scope?)summer_star17x

I think you are remembering SOCOM 2.

FLuFFyxGaMeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FLuFFyxGaMeR
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Yes lol I remember this the most where everyone was soooo excited about this game and then 2 months later the modding started... javeline glitch, 10th lobbies, infection lobbies, ice skating, wall hacks lol. WTF has modern warfare 2 come to now. this game was the best game ever at all the midnight releases and now its FUBAR...
SaintlyChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SaintlyChris
Member since 2010 • 334 Posts

Remember the old dashboard and when there was no party chat and you had to switch party chats? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
[QUOTE="hillelslovak"][QUOTE="Gabez_R"][QUOTE="Overlord93"]oh I do, happy days, now, I am apparently a "hardscope noob" a "pistol noob" a "try hard" and I am also "sweaty" what all this means? beats me

I can just imagine some marine aim botting a guy and a bunch of terrorists like "hey come on, stop cheating you try hard noob"
gdogghenrikson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 gdogghenrikson
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts

Remember the old dashboard and when there was no party chat and you had to switch party chats? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

SaintlyChris

yes I remember the old dashboard

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
Yes lol I remember this the most where everyone was soooo excited about this game and then 2 months later the modding started... javeline glitch, 10th lobbies, infection lobbies, ice skating, wall hacks lol. WTF has modern warfare 2 come to now. this game was the best game ever at all the midnight releases and now its FUBAR... FLuFFyxGaMeR
Haha yeah, and remember getting random invites from people to play MICHAEL MYERS!!! awesome game.