The state of Team Ninja/Ninja Gaiden 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Magicmaster-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Magicmaster-E
Member since 2004 • 788 Posts

Even though this is kind of old news...with the recent announcement of "Ninja Gaiden 2 sigma unleashed director's cut: the final voyage" it got me too thinking. Was Itagaki-san fundamental to making Ninja Gaiden (The more recent incarnations) the experience that it was?? Would Ninja Gaiden have been as good (or as hard) if Itagaki-san had been somewhere else?? The same question can be asked about Dead or Alive.

I guess my most important question is, are you more optomistic for Ninja Gaiden 3 now that Itagaki-san's name is no longer attached to the project..or are you worried sick...

I am just loking for thoughts, feedback, comments, etc. Please no Game-bashing, if you don't like the game, then this isn't your post...

Shawnzee_102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Shawnzee_102
Member since 2004 • 3753 Posts

I wouldnt put much faith in NG3 if it even does come to life because the real team ninja left. There were 3 teams in Team Ninja, the DOA team, the Ninja Gaiden team, and the Sigma team. the DOA team and the Ninja Gaiden team left when itagaki left, all thats left is the port team.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#3 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Supposedly Ninja Gaiden Sigma was a great game and that was made with out Itagaki. But it's a game based on something from Itagaki.... Regardless I highly doubt Team Ninja is incapable of making a good game with out Itagaki. I'm sure the rest of Team Ninja has plenty of talent. But I doubt Tecmo will be so xbox friendly with out Itagaki.

Aurey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Aurey
Member since 2004 • 520 Posts

I just looked at the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 trailer and I liked it. I'll get it as soon as it's released. But it worries me a bit that Team Ninja is just enhancing a Itagaki directed game, all the new content looks fun and well implemented, the new online features look quite interesting, but at it's core it's still Itagaki's NGII. I don't know how well will this new Team Ninja perform when they decide to start a project from scratch. I mean, I´m pretty sure all Team Ninja members are really talented and all, but Itagaki was the mind behind everything that made DOA and NG what they are today, so I hope the guy who replaces him to be able to lead his team and produce what we all expect.

DOA4 and NGII were the reasons that made me buy a 360 at launch and those are the games that almost always are on my console. I think you're right: now that Itagaki is gone, Tecmo will start supporting the PS3 more and more. It's alright, as long as they don't abandon their X360 fanbase, but the fact that NGS2 won't be available on 360 makes me feel pessimistic.

Maybe we'll have to wait until Team Ninja makes a entirely new game to see if they can deliver without Itagaki, DOA5 could be the perfect opportunity for them to show the world what they can do without their old leader.

Magicmaster-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Magicmaster-E
Member since 2004 • 788 Posts

Did the DoA team and Gaiden team join up with Itagaki? or did they all go their seperate ways?

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
:( people are strange. if theres no ng3 or a awesome ng3 i will stab myself