That was...disappointing.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Xisiuizado
Member since 2014 • 592 Posts

Did anyone else feel similarly?

While there were some neat things in the Gamescom presentation, such as DVR functionality and Crackdown's destructibility, overall the presentation was just...meh. Perhaps it was me expecting the second coming of E3 2015, but today's presentation was underwhelming.

At least XBox fans have tons of first party games in the pipeline to go along with the continual stream of third party titles!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

What were you expecting? I thought it was great. Can't have mind-blowing announcements every time...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Just go into these pressers with low expectations. That's what I always say.

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4  Edited By Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

I thought is was pretty great, although I was surprised they didn't mention anything about Gears.

Edit: Ok, so apparently Gears is pretty restricted in Germany and that's why they didn't mention it.

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xisiuizado

@hrt_rulz01 said:

What were you expecting? I thought it was great. Can't have mind-blowing announcements every time...

E3 part two with a bit fewer titles, and no surprises as good as the pro controller or backwards compatibility, but more surprise games than they showed (or, perhaps, gameplay that looked better) would've been nice. Some Recore, a couple additional IPs/reboots/sequels as surprises, etc. Basically, Spencer made it sound like they had two E3's worth of super-awesomeness for Xbox fans, rather than 1.5 shows. :)

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Personally I enjoyed watching the conference. Some extra footage of games I knew about, and some announcements for games I didn't know about. All in all I thought it was a pretty good conference.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Well I think Microsoft did pretty great considering E3 wasn't that long ago.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Release date for quantum break

First gameplay footage for two huge exclusives, with release window revealed

Reveal of another exclusive with halo wars

Killer instinct season 3 announced, with battletoads guest character.

New chat pad, dvr functionality revealed.

Backwards compatability dated for later this year.

More footage of fall lineup games, halo, forza etc.

And the announcement that all 360 games with gold will be available to xone owners.

Plus all the indie stuff, bundle announcements etc.

Not sure we watched the same conference.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Depends on the kind of games you like I guess, myself I enjoyed most of what was shown. There was not a single, earth-shattering major announcement in there, just a constant stream of really cool ones I would say. Some things interested me more than others, and my favorite part of the show I would say was the Quantum Break segment......damn the game looks good!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#10 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I know, all that gameplay footage felt a bit strange to me too. It's like they are focussing too much on games.

Now seriously, I enjoyed more than E3, and I think E3 was good.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I was pleased with what I saw. Scalebound and Quantum Break looked great. ROTR had a much better presentation than at E3. Halo Wars 2 was a nice announcement. Crackdown 3 looked pretty meh, but the franchise has never been anything great so whatever.

E3 is the the time for the mic drop announcements.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@xisiuizado: it's not as big as e3. We got new footage of quantum break and tomb raider as well as first ever footage of Scalebound. What was wrong with it?

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

Scalebound looks amazing, and the new footage of Quantum Break blew me away. It looks fantastic.

I'm happy.

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xisiuizado

I'm glad so many other people found it good/great. The more fans of Microsoft franchises, the better!

@joe_b1_kenobi said:

Release date for quantum break

First gameplay footage for two huge exclusives, with release window revealed

Reveal of another exclusive with halo wars

Killer instinct season 3 announced, with battletoads guest character.

New chat pad, dvr functionality revealed.

Backwards compatability dated for later this year.

More footage of fall lineup games, halo, forza etc.

And the announcement that all 360 games with gold will be available to xone owners.

Plus all the indie stuff, bundle announcements etc.

Not sure we watched the same conference.

I did like parts of it, such as DVR capability and the Battletoad in KI both coming soon, but I was expecting more. Quantum looks like it could be ok/bad or great, depending upon the tightness of the gameplay. Scalebound looked nothing like I had hoped, however, I admit that very little is still known at this point. Halo Wars isn't very good. The new one may be better, but the last one wasn't worth playing. That reminds me, getting Cities Skylines is awesome. Back compat was already dated-ish, although getting four games per month is awesome. Xbox Live is a tremendous value. Additional footage of the big releases was unnecessary, especially with regard to Halo and Tomb Raider. I skipped them since they just kept rambling on and on...
Also, the indies are ok, but pixelated games are not my thing. I played before Atari, I don't want to return to the old graphics. Some of the indie stuff is okay, and we have had/will have a good run of arcadey indies coming this summer.

:D We did watch the same conference, just had different expectations/opinions. It's just like how I cannot fathom choosing Sony's E3 over Microsoft's presentation, yet many people did. Craaazy people. :D

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

@xisiuizado: I do agree with you about e3. The worst part of the gamescom conference was the halo multiplayer. Im really not into games as esports, especially with commentators and everything. It was cringeworthy stuff.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I had a good time with the xbox conference they showed some decent games.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#17  Edited By doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

What were you expecting the announcement of a kickstarter!? I think it was fairly good, heck it even had a couple surprises in there

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#18 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts

It wasn't as great as E3 but it was still really damn good. I'm not much into strategy games but a lot of people are so Halo Wars 2, which was highly requested, was a big-time announcement. Rise of the Tomb Raider hype gets more real with every new demo (higher on my list than Uncharted 4 right now, and I'm mostly a PlayStation gamer), Quantum Break is awesome, Scalebound appears to be typical Platinum excellence. Crackdown 3 should be a nice return to form. Forza 6 and Halo 5 are on track to be among the best in their respective series... I had pretty high expectations for Gamescom and I'd say MS mostly delivered. I wanted more Gears of War news but can't have everything and apparently there were reasons it had to be left out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#19  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

From all the stuff they delivered, the one thing that made me more curious was Crackdown 3. It´s a game that I´ll never buy, but I do want to know how the cloud will work to help that game. There´s a lot that can go terribly wrong with it but at the same time, if it works as announced, it can definitely be a massive game changer. And I´m not talking just about the X1, it can impact deeply gaming in general.

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Xisiuizado

@joe_b1_kenobi:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I just skipped through that part after the first couple of minutes. It was awful. :(