Surround Sound Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

briannye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 briannye
Member since 2007 • 132 Posts
What games really show off the 5.1 capability ofthe 360, and are any of them 7.1? and if so what games flaunt that well
briannye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 briannye
so far i have NFS Carbon, Forza 2, COD2, Quake 4, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and PGR3, and i find racing games are pointless with surround sound, but Quake 4 and COD2, both are epic
Hurblegeebie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Hurblegeebie
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts
COD4 sounds great on my 5.1 Very intense.
JeremyMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JeremyMGS
Member since 2002 • 3522 Posts

COD4 sounds great on my 5.1 Very intense. Hurblegeebie

add bioshock

JeremyMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JeremyMGS
Member since 2002 • 3522 Posts

[QUOTE="Hurblegeebie"]COD4 sounds great on my 5.1 Very intense. JeremyMGS

add bioshock

add gears of war

moobusta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 moobusta
Member since 2003 • 417 Posts
most games benefit from 5.1, I find it much more immersing. Assassins Creed and Mass Effect have great sound!
moobusta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 moobusta
Member since 2003 • 417 Posts
most games benefit from 5.1, I find it much more immersing. Assassins Creed and Mass Effect have great sound!
the_GUNN_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#8 the_GUNN_man
Member since 2003 • 2717 Posts
To be honest it is hard to tell anymore because I have had 5.1 for the past 3 years. Just like playing on a 50 inch tv doesnt seem as a big of deal as it used to.
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
CoD4 was great 5.1 but my favorite still has to be with the launcg title Condemned....it was just so damn creepy!
pittongkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pittongkid
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
Gears of War, Forza 2, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Orange Box...I think mostly all FPS produce great 5.1 surround sound. In Orange box its nice when someone is talking to you then you look in other directions...the sound location changes great.
briannye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 briannye
Gears of War, Forza 2, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Orange Box...I think mostly all FPS produce great 5.1 surround sound. In Orange box its nice when someone is talking to you then you look in other directions...the sound location changes great.pittongkid
i noticed that when i was playin Quake 4 and walking through the hanibal in there were different people talking through every one of my speakers, and i was just like, whoahhhhhh, and i made my mom come hear it, and shes like, your stupid, thankfully she didnt shoot me though
Gamefreak1296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gamefreak1296
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts
in the topic of surround sound. My t.v (very old SD) didn't have the surround sound capabilities yet i was plugging my xbox audio cables into it. Only when I stripped my cords protective rubber layer (so i could have more length) did i hook the video cable to the t.v and my audio cables directly to my reciever. Now everything sounds perfect as sound can be :D
briannye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 briannye

in the topic of surround sound. My t.v (very old SD) didn't have the surround sound capabilities yet i was plugging my xbox audio cables into it. Only when I stripped my cords protective rubber layer (so i could have more length) did i hook the video cable to the t.v and my audio cables directly to my reciever. Now everything sounds perfect as sound can be :DGamefreak1296

you used the red and white wires, its not really surround sound, its stereo or pro logic II, you need optical or coaxal for true surround sound, its a major difference, beleive me

bird816

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bird816
Member since 2007 • 128 Posts
I love surround on games where things creep up behind you. It's old, but I was glad that Resident Evil 4 on the wii had good surround. It's nice when you can actually hear someone or something creeping up behind you. Definately can help you stay alive when you could just as easily be getting it from behind. That sounded wrong.
vhayste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vhayste
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts
I have my 5.1 connected to our DVD mini-theater system, so I am just using my 2.1 speakers for my 360. Now I want to interchange them...
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
[QUOTE="JeremyMGS"]

[QUOTE="Hurblegeebie"]COD4 sounds great on my 5.1 Very intense. JeremyMGS

add bioshock

add gears of war

add Orange Box and Assasins Creed and Mass Effect

briannye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 briannye
yeah, cause i dont pay good attention like in call of duty, the little thing thats like "hey buddy, someone is shooting at you from behind", cause it distracts me from the people infront of me, now im just like clack clack, they all go down
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

I think every game benefits from surround sound, but it's mainly noticed in shooters. But I do love playing a racing game and being able to hear someone is behind me because I can hear the audio creeping up in the rear speakers.

The Call of Duty games are definitely benchmark pieces. Even Rock Band is cool when you have the crowd chanting along to your songs........even though you hear those chants in the rear speakers......and if you were playing a live show the crowd would never be behind you......unless you are Metallica and have a rotating stage. Just pretend you are in Metallica.
raydog44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 raydog44
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts
I have a DVD surrond sound system with only a red adn white input and no digital input. I bought it less then a year ago so not sure why it doesn't have digital input. Anyway, right now I have a HDMI wire connecting my 360 right to my 50 in plasma. Is there anyway for me to get 5.1 sound?
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

I have a DVD surrond sound system with only a red adn white input and no digital input. I bought it less then a year ago so not sure why it doesn't have digital input. Anyway, right now I have a HDMI wire connecting my 360 right to my 50 in plasma. Is there anyway for me to get 5.1 sound?raydog44

Typically the DVD based home theatre systems allow for true 5.1 only via DVD as it does the decoding right in the device and then sends it to the speakers. It really isn't a receiver.

The best you can do is hook up your red and white RCA cables and achieve Dolby Pro Logic, which is still surround, but it's not as nice as Dolby Digital or DTS.

RawhideSphinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RawhideSphinx
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts
don't put the speakers near your 360. My system cracked my Gears of War game in half.
briannye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 briannye
lol a lil too powerfull? i have a DCM KX 212, wich is 2 12 in woofers, a 6in mid and a 3/4bullit tweeter, thats loud