Street Fighter IV Thoughts?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blkmamba33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blkmamba33
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
To all whom who have already purchased SF4 and spent some decent time playing, what do you think of the game?..what do you rate it ?...and what do you think gamespot will rate it??? :)
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Its pretty good but I really need to practice. :lol:

I've never played a SF game with a d-pad before so its really odd.

As for the game itself I think that Seth is increadibly cheap.

Voidance2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Voidance2
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts
I agree about Seth. Some people say that the patch made him harder and deleting the patch makes him normal. I don't know if that is true, but I'm considering trying it. It made me realize how out of practice I am in the first match on medum, so I need to begin the SF frenzy again.
PhoenixVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 PhoenixVenom
Member since 2008 • 706 Posts

i played for about 3 hours today and to me the great is magnificant. i love every aspect of it. Nice smooth gameplay which i wouldnt expect anything less from street fighter. Beautiful graphics, nice and sharp, the backgrounds are nice. its everything i was hoping for when it was announced it was coming out, it didnt dissapoint at all. very addicting. i couldnt be happier with the way the finished game came out.

the only down side which isnt a big deal are the anime cut sceens. i think it would have been better with just making a video cutsceen with the way the characters look in the game. but this way was probably easier, faster and cheaper. its not a big deal cause the gameplay is awesome and thats the main thing about the game

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts

Whew....I just took a break from the game. I gave it a 10. Yep, a 10. I know that giving it a 10 means its perfect, well...I'll just say that it is close to perfect as it can get. To not give it a 10 your nitpicking. It is a great game, I spent around 4 hours on it already. The gameplay is great, smooth and responsive. The way that they even the matches with different moves have made the game better. Every match is a nail bitter. You could be winning big, but if your opponents revenge gauge is filled up and he strikes you.....oh well, match is even now.

I know where I'm going to spend most of my time for a while. The game is just great.

alvin201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 alvin201
Member since 2007 • 457 Posts
Looks like i really need to get this game..
freeasia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 freeasia
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts
It's such a shame that a game this good is being held back by Seth in the arcade mode. Seth is a POS cheap douchebag. The game is great in all other aspects though. I have no idea what Capcom was thinking when they made Seth.
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts

When I first fought Seth in the Arcade mode I thought about the guy in Mortal Kombat that uses everyones skills. You could beat that guy because he changed his moves with each round. But with Seth, he IS cheap because he uses ONLY the skills of the fighters that make it totally impossible to reach him, or even block. He will just grab you and do a special that takes so much energy. He is sick, I whooped him with my Favorite Sagat, but when I tried with Abel (my favorite out of all the new characters) I get humbled.

The game is very nice. Some people dont like tha anime....but why? Would people rather that they leave it out? If you guys are thinking about getting the game....If you like Street Fighter II HD Remix, your jaw will drop with this one. I really like that they didnt mess with the buttons. You do the moves the same way, and they made the moves that were difficult....Like Zangeifs moves a bit easier in HD Remix. Not So in SF4 though. I DID see a possible issue that might need to be fixed. I was playing a guy who obviously had the game for a while because he had all the achievements etc. He kept using the focus move on me when I fell...It was impossible to fight him. If he got you down he would just keep hitting you with the focus move. That seems like an easy fix because you can double tap down to pop back on your feet fast.

I can go on and on, just with the short time I played it. It's a must have for ME, I'm a huge street fighter fan.

method115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 method115
Member since 2006 • 853 Posts

I might pick this up before my BJJ class starts tomorrow give me something to do. I just bought dead space and GTA 4 DLC though so I'm not so sure. Maybe I'll take dead space

back and buy it again at a later time.

freeasia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 freeasia
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts
So I just deleted my patch for STreet Fighter IV, and Seth is more reasonable to fight. Basically, the patch made Seth a grabber to the max. Making it nearly impossible for average players to kill him.
Marty_Mo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Marty_Mo
Member since 2008 • 889 Posts
I love the game hands down! except for the fact that I can't seem to get gouken I got akuma and I need gouken to get Seth I don't won't Seth I have grown to ute home with a passion I tried on hard let's just say he perfected his rounds against me
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

The game is amazing... Im just sick of seeing Ken online. I never thought I would be annoyed seeing a SF character. It just bugs me that say 18 out 20 matches on xbox live are Ken matches. Luckly I have friends to play with.

Besides that its amazing. Can't wait to play some more.

delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 delta4062
Member since 2007 • 895 Posts
SFIV boards are that way>>> serioulsy why so many SFIV threads on both ps3/360 forums?
please-help

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 please-help
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts
since when did gaming become 3-4-5 hours at a time? that's CWAZY!
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
[QUOTE="delta4062"]SFIV boards are that way>>> serioulsy why so many SFIV threads on both ps3/360 forums?

well thanks mod.... i'm enjoying the game. played a few matches online last night and it was fun. Arcade mode is also pretty good but i haven't been that mad at a game in awhile. As everyone else said, it's pretty good until you get to Seth then you just get your butt handed to you over and over.
Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
This game kicks so much ass, Loving everything about it.
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
its great. not as balanced as HD remix but its still pretty great
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts
its phenomenal. and yes I can't stand seth either. dude is a pain to fight.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#19 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

i used to love SF2 on the SNES, but i was never very good at fighting games. I downloaded SF2 (the original, not HD) when it was released on XBLA...i found it extremely difficult at the cpu on default settings.

i think this game looks amazing, but im concerned it may be too difficult for me. I would most likely play with friends online if i bought it...but can casual fighters get into this game? Are the moves easy enough to pull off that anyone can eventually learn how to play well overtime? The only fighting game i eventually managed to develop some skill on was DOA4, which i think is amazing. And no, i didn't use cheap methods...i learned how to play. However, I didn't enjoy VF5 and found SC4 extremely easy that got boring very quickly.

Would you guys still recommend this to me? Are the "super combos" difficult to pull off? Basically, is this game casual friendly?

tygr47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tygr47
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!!!

everything that made SFII great. THE only reason i will get xbox live now so i can prove im the greatest fighter of them all.

just like riding a bike.

fracot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fracot
Member since 2006 • 1278 Posts

i used to love SF2 on the SNES, but i was never very good at fighting games. I downloaded SF2 (the original, not HD) when it was released on XBLA...i found it extremely difficult at the cpu on default settings.

i think this game looks amazing, but im concerned it may be too difficult for me. I would most likely play with friends online if i bought it...but can casual fighters get into this game? Are the moves easy enough to pull off that anyone can eventually learn how to play well overtime? The only fighting game i eventually managed to develop some skill on was DOA4, which i think is amazing. And no, i didn't use cheap methods...i learned how to play. However, I didn't enjoy VF5 and found SC4 extremely easy that got boring very quickly.

Would you guys still recommend this to me? Are the "super combos" difficult to pull off? Basically, is this game casual friendly?

chex81
I haven't played many fighting games so I am pretty rubbish at them but I still have pre-ordered this and hopefully it will come tomorrow...I take the view that you can always do something if you invest time and just practise, that's why I bought it...If i were you I would just get it and give it a go, remember, there will be loads of people getting this who are no good at fighting games like me, but you have got to start somewhere...I am not missing out on a great game just because I may not be that good...you can always get good if you persevere.
Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts
Its Great. Best purchase I have made in years. Best game I have played in years.
tygr47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tygr47
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts

and street fighter is about as basic as they come. ill take its fighting system anyday over the tekkens, mortal kombats and such. special moves are easy to pull off but still rewarding when you do. its all about tendencies and reaction. learning your opponent.

buy the game. youll be fine. all it takes is a couple hours of playing it and youll be hooked.

ackr1TE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ackr1TE
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts
A+ Love this game.
Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts
People need to get online more bottom line I know they are trying to unlock their characters and I am unemployed doing nothing else but playing games this month but hurry up people I want to play online like crazy and need more matches without waiting.
DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts
I spent about 8 hours on it today. I'm LOVING it. :)
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

I'm absolutely loving it. The game itself that is.

Two things that are absolutely terrible though in my opinion:

1- Anime cut scenes. Seriously...WTF?! Yes, I'm aware that the game is Japanese, but come on. Not everyone in the world enjoys Sailor Moon.

2- The teeny bopper pop music during the title screen. WTF?! Again, I'm aware that the game is Japanese...but come on.

They could have changed these two hindrances for the Western release.

But that's my personal opinion, nothing more, so please don't flame me.

The gameplay itself, the graphics, the balance, the controls...everything for that matter I'm loving. Worth every penny.

Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#28 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
Yea, I like it a lot. But, like people said I need to practice. Lol.
Tazzmission187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tazzmission187
Member since 2008 • 804 Posts
i enjoy it actually. the last time i touched sf was on sega genises. i must admit that sf4 took me back to my child hood ( 24 now). id rate it a 9.9 out of 10
Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Endgame_basic
Member since 2002 • 950 Posts

SFIV boards are that way>>> serioulsy why so many SFIV threads on both ps3/360 forums?delta4062

Umm, perhaps it because it's an early contender for GOTY that people are playing and loving on their PS3s and 360s.....

TechtRonin07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TechtRonin07
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts
Absolutely amazing, one of the best games I've ever played. Defintely the best street (fighter) to date.
TechtRonin07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TechtRonin07
Also, Seth is a hardass cheapskate, totally falling in line with other capcom cheapos like Gene, and Onslaught. Then again it wouldn't really feel like a street fighter game without the insane last boss.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#33 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
[QUOTE="chex81"]

fracot

I haven't played many fighting games so I am pretty rubbish at them but I still have pre-ordered this and hopefully it will come tomorrow...I take the view that you can always do something if you invest time and just practise, that's why I bought it...If i were you I would just get it and give it a go, remember, there will be loads of people getting this who are no good at fighting games like me, but you have got to start somewhere...I am not missing out on a great game just because I may not be that good...you can always get good if you persevere.

I ended up taking the chance and using my $35 credit (+ pay difference) at BB to get SF4. It's incredible but pretty frusterating with the 360 controller. I have to say though, the game is outstanding...the only thing that sort of kills the experience/fun at times was Seth...he is the cheapest boss i've ever fought in a fighting game. Even worse than the last boss in DOA4.

fracot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fracot
Member since 2006 • 1278 Posts
[QUOTE="fracot"][QUOTE="chex81"]

chex81

I ended up taking the chance and using my $35 credit (+ pay difference) at BB to get SF4. It's incredible but pretty frusterating with the 360 controller. I have to say though, the game is outstanding...the only thing that sort of kills the experience/fun at times was Seth...he is the cheapest boss i've ever fought in a fighting game. Even worse than the last boss in DOA4.

I'm glad you like it...I havn't got it yet (I live in the UK), thought I would get it early (today) because it despatched yesterday but I didn't, oh well it should come tomorrow...
Vang665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vang665
Member since 2003 • 131 Posts
the game is really good and i am enjoying it. the fighting style of sf2 witnsome of the best ideas from sf3 put into 1 package. gotta say that the anime cutscenes are horrible. capcom knows how to draw anime (the alpha series are drawn anime style) but to put in low quality scenes like that just doesnt make sence. but i am just nickpiking (and believe me thats really all that is wrong with the game) cuz sf4 rules over xbox live. just gotta get a stick now.
Avatar image for Killzone_Master
Killzone_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Killzone_Master
Member since 2004 • 5892 Posts
One Word: AMAZING
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
i like the game i own with RYU and that Fat Dude rufus i think his name is. I can not use guile to save my life i dont like the whole charge up thing to do his moves and ultra moves.
mike_bison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mike_bison
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts
[QUOTE="fracot"][QUOTE="chex81"]

chex81

Glad to hear you're enjoying it as well. I'm a long-time street fighter fan, so it's cool to see new people get into it. You just have to compete with a lot of people who have been playing for 15 years... but everything is pretty easy to pull off... just putting it all together is the hard part! Good luck!
Alizerothree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#39 Alizerothree
Member since 2008 • 1043 Posts
I love it so far but I hate fighting Seth. It's really frustrating. Overall it's been fun playing people online. i definitely need to practice!
gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts
Will there be a demo? I need one to make up my mind.
MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#41 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts

Also, Seth is a hardass cheapskate, totally falling in line with other capcom cheapos like Gene, and Onslaught. Then again it wouldn't really feel like a street fighter game without the insane last boss.TechtRonin07

Totally love the game, been warming up with going through arcade mode on the hardest mode before i tread online. I have to agree about seth, i think hes worse than gill (or whatever 3's big bad guy was) or onslaught though. He basically has a move to counter whatever you do and loves to throw you around the ring as well as use his Ultimate without mercy.

Given the new system i can still use Ken with ease but my old favorite of Bison is near impossible for me at least. Comp wails on me before i can even charge up a psycho crusher. Guess i have to get better.

Kha88NZdils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kha88NZdils
Member since 2009 • 80 Posts
Just letting you know im no SF4 fan, but i would like to get it since its release date is today in new zealand, when i was in the EB Games store yesterday whilst buying my 60GB Pro i got to have a quick jam, i like the way they have designed the graphics and the controls are unreal!
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
It's the BEST fighting game I've played to date. It's addictive, feels new, the challenges are harder and they add more depth to the overall experience, solid online gameplay and there's just a lot of features that'll keep you playing this for years.
Mr_Wes32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mr_Wes32
Member since 2007 • 354 Posts
it's legit, glad i ddn't buy it though. but its okay when you're bored. i'm not all that pro in it reason why i dont like it all that much. guess i'll stick to my fps and sport games meh
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
it's legit, glad i ddn't buy it though. but its okay when you're bored. i'm not all that pro in it reason why i dont like it all that much. guess i'll stick to my fps and sport games mehMr_Wes32
There's no reason you can't get better.
Mr_Wes32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mr_Wes32
Member since 2007 • 354 Posts
lol there's plenty of reason. i've been playing games like that for years from say Tekken to Marvel vs Capcom. I was never good at them the only time i get any success is button mashing (which does pretty good in Marvel vs Capcom). They're just not all that fun to me. with that being said when street fighter 4 lowers in price i will pick it up
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#47 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
wow. I REALLY need to get this game! :D
Avatar image for NOWHEREFADED120
NOWHEREFADED120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NOWHEREFADED120
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts

To all you street fighter heads out there... Send me an friend invite. Im down to play some online. I'm not that great either. My gamertag is

NOWHEREFADED1. See you in the arena of pain boys. Thnkx. Late

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
I ****in love it
TechtRonin07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TechtRonin07

[QUOTE="TechtRonin07"]Also, Seth is a hardass cheapskate, totally falling in line with other capcom cheapos like Gene, and Onslaught. Then again it wouldn't really feel like a street fighter game without the insane last boss.MuscleCarMan

Totally love the game, been warming up with going through arcade mode on the hardest mode before i tread online. I have to agree about seth, i think hes worse than gill (or whatever 3's big bad guy was) or onslaught though. He basically has a move to counter whatever you do and loves to throw you around the ring as well as use his Ultimate without mercy.

Given the new system i can still use Ken with ease but my old favorite of Bison is near impossible for me at least. Comp wails on me before i can even charge up a psycho crusher. Guess i have to get better.

Yeah, seth is defintely worse than (that guy from SFIII, I couldn't remember if it was gill or gene) any of the other capcom bosses I can remember. The only real way to overcome some of his cheap teleports is to play it cheap like E. hondas, chun-li, and blankas rapid tap moves. He'll usually jump right into them.