Stranglehold Multiplayer is better than Halo 3 multiplayer

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jason_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jason_A
Member since 2006 • 2121 Posts

I bought Halo 3 at midnight when it launched, played online for 20 minutes and then traded it in for Stranglehold the next day.

The online play in Halo 3 was only ok in terms of graphics and really random and unorganized in terms of gameplay.

Stranglehold has incredible online graphics and wicked gunplay online - plus the special moves online are incredible.

Caveman626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Caveman626
Member since 2004 • 542 Posts

2 million people can't be wrong.

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
:lol: What are you smokin dude!
Lil_Ty_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lil_Ty_07
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
stranglehold has an online mode?
Avatar image for deactivated-5ec9f7f105a61
deactivated-5ec9f7f105a61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5 deactivated-5ec9f7f105a61
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts
lol can i have what your smoking :)
lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lacrimosamo
Member since 2005 • 691 Posts
Man, that's just his personal opinion, hes in his right to express it. Anyway, I think you should have waited and check it later when most players have it.
Lil_Ty_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lil_Ty_07
wait so stranglehold really has a multiplayer?
Spyderfan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#8 Spyderfan1212
Member since 2005 • 1588 Posts
LMAO! It is no where near as good as Halo's. Wow so you can do some special moves, all the sudden its better than Halo. :lol:
TheGrayEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheGrayEye
Member since 2006 • 2579 Posts
Joke topic...?
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

wait wait wait...

Lies, theres no mp in strangle hold..is there

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts

wait wait wait...

Lies, theres no mp in strangle hold..is there

Djmaster214

Yes there is, it's just really boring and bad
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
I sense he got PWNED really bad, so he got frustrated and traded the game...
masori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 masori
Member since 2005 • 1680 Posts

wait so stranglehold really has a multiplayer?Lil_Ty_07

yes but it's really....empty

banunn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 banunn1
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts
WoW... just wow.
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

I bought Halo 3 at midnight when it launched, played online for 20 minutes and then traded it in for Stranglehold the next day.

The online play in Halo 3 was only ok in terms of graphics and really random and unorganized in terms of gameplay.

Stranglehold has incredible online graphics and wicked gunplay online - plus the special moves online are incredible.

Jason_A

I'm not one of those people that say Halo is the best I don't even like it all that much, but you gotta be kidding me Stranglehold MP was complete garbage the lag alone ruined it, but even if there wasn't lag the gameplay is completely boring and uneven do you realize that when you die you start over with no abilities(barrage, spin attack, etc.) and the person that was still alive kills you the second he sees you because he has abilities almost everytime so it gets old really quick.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

hahaha, you joking right? haha, Stranglehold is weeeeeak compared to Halo3...

I would give Stranglehold a 6/10 at the most

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
your entitled to your opinion but still...your crazy dude
Avatar image for Millennium_King
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Millennium_King
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts

:?

delusional much?

Jason_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jason_A
Member since 2006 • 2121 Posts
I guess that I prefer Stranglehold MP over Halo 3 because of thematic reasons (I don't like sci-fi and I love modern setting gun play stuff) plus I prefer slower paced strategy stuff (my favourite online game is GRAW2).
scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts
Watch the stranglehold video review.... see what they say about the multiplayer... I really thought you were joking at first but jesus....
elmafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 elmafia
Member since 2003 • 1490 Posts
Rocket Race FTW
sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts
Traded Halo 3 after 20 minutes?...:| get out of here!
runenakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 runenakken
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts
Stranglehold is both fun and good, but Halo 3 is another league. Just like that crack.
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#25 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts
its alright everybody. obviously he mistaken halo 3 for some other game.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

strangle hold is ok one player till u completed it , the multiplayer is horrible, its like they thought after completing the single player game about 2 weeks b4 launch said hey lets add multiplyer, the camera angle is poor for multiplayer, the power ups or slow down shudnt be in the multiplayer, its poor when people lash the power ups because all the other players cant play the game for 30 secs and then ur dead. theys no options at all to cusomtize ur online games its either team death match or normal deathmatvch, would of been better if they changed the power ups to stuff like move faster, extra damage, cant be killed for a certain time instead of options that bring the game to a halt, they were ok options in 1 player but not in multiplayer. and whats the crack with everyone rolling abouit on the floor.

u might not be a fan of halo, but u must be able to ackonowlged its a far better multiplayer game, the wealth oof options, and the multiplayer works properly, when will some game designers suss that 90% of games need the game totally changing for online play, daft to just hoy the 1player game online with no changes.

its a good game stranglehold but hasnt got much life in the product. halo fan or not, most people will be able to see in a few years which game will still be getting played and bought and stranglehold wont be

hitmanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hitmanlee
Member since 2006 • 279 Posts
LOLOLOL. What? I can't comprehend what you just typed ...
ajaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#28 ajaa
Member since 2005 • 137 Posts
i got halo 3 and the online is so good i have barely played the single player i am really in to the story
freakout210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 freakout210
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

strangle hold is ok one player till u completed it , the multiplayer is horrible, its like they thought after completing the single player game about 2 weeks b4 launch said hey lets add multiplyer, the camera angle is poor for multiplayer, the power ups or slow down shudnt be in the multiplayer, its poor when people lash the power ups because all the other players cant play the game for 30 secs and then ur dead. theys no options at all to cusomtize ur online games its either team death match or normal deathmatvch, would of been better if they changed the power ups to stuff like move faster, extra damage, cant be killed for a certain time instead of options that bring the game to a halt, they were ok options in 1 player but not in multiplayer. and whats the crack with everyone rolling abouit on the floor.

u might not be a fan of halo, but u must be able to ackonowlged its a far better multiplayer game, the wealth oof options, and the multiplayer works properly, when will some game designers suss that 90% of games need the game totally changing for online play, daft to just hoy the 1player game online with no changes.

its a good game stranglehold but hasnt got much life in the product. halo fan or not, most people will be able to see in a few years which game will still be getting played and bought and stranglehold wont be

djrobst

First off you need to learn how to spell. Second, Halo 3 is a verygood game, and I could not wait to get it, but I am not a fan-boy of the game either. The main reason I bought the game, was because of all the Hype. It was still good, and I think it was definitely worth the $60 I have spent on it. For John Woo Presents: Stranglehold, I thought the game was decent. Meaning it at leastdeserved a 3 out of 5. Single player was, in my opinion, really good, but the lack of replay value had me just wanting to rent it. Also, the things you could buy in the shop were pretty much pointless, except maybe for the new on-line skins. So after I bought those new characters, I decided it was time to do a little on-line multi-player. It could have definitely been better. I am not sure, but since I could hardly even find a match, and I wanted to get a glimpse of multi-player before I brought the game back to the store I kept right on it. I finally found one, and the on-line match was so poor that I played only enough games just to get my achievements. So, no doubt I would give Halo 3 the overall better score, (in my opinion, and if you weren't asking for ouropinions I doubt you would have put this in a thread.) So maybe, you should have given Halo 3 more time, and maybe just have gotten both instead.

Israels_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Israels_Son
Member since 2006 • 534 Posts

Stranglehold has incredible online graphics

Jason_A

At which point, now???

bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
ur entitled to your own opinion. i myself only have halo 3 so i can't compare... and although i enjoy the multiplayer... there are a few things that just make u frustrated. the biggest one for me is the running foward and backward...i find it stupid that there is practically no difference running backwards then there is running foward. also...also... the whole melee thing is kinda annoying... dont get me wrong i use it aswell but its just takes away from the gun fight...what i dont understand is for instance... when ur playing shotty snipers and u bump into an opp and u both shoot and hit eachother (with the shotgun) i dunno about ya but in that instance i havent come across a situation where we both die... its either i die... or i get the kill but im blinking in health... which is kinda retarded.. especially when we both hit eachother at the same time... either way... its a fun multiplayer... one thing that makes me laugh and gets me annoyed given the situation... is when people play the game like rainbow six... its a run n gun game damnit! lol
dumptruck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 dumptruck123
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Halo 3 may have a better online experience but that is all that Halo 3 is. A pure online game is not worth $60. Thank god master chief is dead and this Halo madness can stop. Then again Bungie will just over hype another game and brain wash us all.
j-killer-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 j-killer-316
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
no wonder, you took my LSD's, ive been looking for them everywhere.
stevenmejia007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 stevenmejia007
Member since 2004 • 896 Posts

2 million people can't be wrong.

Caveman626

actually 5 million people around the world cant be wrong, including myself 8)

stevenmejia007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 stevenmejia007
Member since 2004 • 896 Posts

Halo 3 may have a better online experience but that is all that Halo 3 is. A pure online game is not worth $60. Thank god master chief is dead and this Halo madness can stop. Then again Bungie will just over hype another game and brain wash us all.dumptruck123

btw dude ***spoilers ahead*** mc is not dead, looks like you didnt watch the after credits movie.

nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
:lol: at this topic.
OhioKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 OhioKid
Member since 2007 • 164 Posts
You have a right to state your opinion, but tradinghalo inafter playingit for20 minutes?
mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mohammad93
Member since 2007 • 2090 Posts

:lol: What are you smokin dude!Shade-Blade

Lol, he must be on that booze

mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mohammad93
Member since 2007 • 2090 Posts

:lol: What are you smokin dude!Shade-Blade

Lol, he must be on that booze

ct1257860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#40 ct1257860
Member since 2006 • 4441 Posts
I guess that I prefer Stranglehold MP over Halo 3 because of thematic reasons (I don't like sci-fi and I love modern setting gun play stuff) plus I prefer slower paced strategy stuff (my favourite online game is GRAW2).Jason_A
yea but strangleholds one thing about the game that stunk was the MP. And the review on GS was that they might as well not even have a MP cause its so bad. So how do you think its so good where not much people even play it. And also the story line is much shorter than halos. Didnt you even try the campaign, you made a big mistake. heres a thought, so you did an even trade halo 3 for stranglehold now just to be curious try to do the same thing but trade strangle hold for halo 3 and see how much side money you have to pay.
nosedive51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nosedive51
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts

Jason_A
Congratulation, your different. I hope it makes you feel good.
ps2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ps2forever
Member since 2004 • 580 Posts
are u out of ur gay mind? the online play is the best. and stanglehold sucks. big..time. really it does. see you look for graphics...i don't . i just like the stroylne and hoping to finish the story..so i hope that you are joking cuz halo3 is byfar the best game...it's ever 10x better than geow. eventhou geow is a good game..but it can never be compared to halo.
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
LMAO...What ??? Stranglehold online sucks. I loved the Singlepalyer and I didn't try halo yet b/c my 360 RROD.
Lil_Ty_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lil_Ty_07

Halo 3 may have a better online experience but that is all that Halo 3 is. A pure online game is not worth $60. Thank god master chief is dead and this Halo madness can stop. Then again Bungie will just over hype another game and brain wash us all.dumptruck123

hate to break it to you but hes not dead

neXtgenisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 neXtgenisis
Member since 2006 • 775 Posts
LOL! nOOb
Lord_Nuclear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lord_Nuclear
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts

Jason_A

While you've only played for 20 minutes, I actually agree with your statement that I highlighted. I'm a 45 in the Lone Wolf and I ****ing hate playing this game. It's very refreshing at first. But it is just Halo 2 with some Halo 1 aspects and modern graphics. The gameplay is garbage as hell. It isn't 100% random, but it relies less on skill than Halo 2 does. And the melee function is a joke 100% FTL. In reality, I would rather play Halo 2 multiplayer than Halo 3. And if you think I haven't "given it a try" check my service record on Bungie. Lvl 45 is plenty.

The multiplayer is definately not going to outdo COD4. The COD4 beta was a thousand times better than the Halo 3 multiplayer is. The full version game won't beat Halo 3 in sales, but will wipe the competition as far as actual online multiplayer gaming goes. Hands down.

Modbeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Modbeat
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts

Yo some ppl need to take MCs dikk outta their mouth...just cuz he likes stranglehold better doesnt mean theres sumtin wrong wit him u lamea$$ dikkriders

mmrsoxnation5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mmrsoxnation5
Member since 2005 • 796 Posts

Jason_A

hes one of those guys that just says stuff because he wants to be different and get a rise out of people.

SizeMatterzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SizeMatterzz
Member since 2007 • 1858 Posts
wait so stranglehold really has a multiplayer?Lil_Ty_07