Soul Caliber IV: Buy, Rent or Pass?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
I was thinking of buying this game. But then I thought I sould rent it first, so incase I don't like it, I can just send it back. Rather then $60 down the drain. But now I think it looks good enough for a buy. I'm confused. T_T Bottom line: Buy, Rent, or Pass?
RCFTechOn3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RCFTechOn3
Member since 2007 • 222 Posts
just rent it you will get bored of the game after a month. all the people that play it online are so cheap just rent it.
Avatar image for creeping-deth87
creeping-deth87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 creeping-deth87
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
I'll agree that a lot of people who play online are cheap, but if you get a feel for the game outside of spamming the same few moves the cheap players aren't that hard to beat. Once this opens up to you, the game becomes incredibly enjoyable. Playing a skilled opponent online is a lot of fun, and the character creation thing is great. Awesome game, but it does lose its novelty after a while.
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
i really say pass on it. its not that great and is completely scaled down compared to SC2 and 3.
raptortank4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 raptortank4
Member since 2008 • 152 Posts

I agree there are a lot of cheap asses online for SC IV, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it with the fewer people that actually play the game. Plus, the game is great itself in just single player. I would suggest renting it first to make sure you like it and then go from there. I bought it when it came out because I played 2 years ago and loved it and have been a fan of that series since. Yet I never played or owned 3 :P

Quick and Dirty summation for the lazy eye:

RENT IT FIRST

Lethrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Lethrin
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts

When you reach the very highly "skileld" players they jsut use a new tactic of cheap. They don't use the same moves but rather trap you and lock you down not letting you move(All tournament winners play very cheap). But that aside, I would say this is a rent game.

*I am only listing CONS, there are many good things about this game, but this is why I say rent.*

- The character creation is pretty cool, but not much of an upgrade from SC3.

- Every other match you end up fighting in your underwear. (Which is cool that armor can break, but your pants break too easily)

- The online play was laggy for all of my friends and myself, and yes we have good internet connection.

- Something about the story mode felt like it was lacking big time.

Again this is still a great game, and I say buy it if yer a Soul Calibur fan. But for the casual gamer, I say this is a rent.

ExtremeOne316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ExtremeOne316
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

Its a good game but the online is filled with alot of cheap players . If you have a group of friends over at your house or on live then its a great game

Chickensoup912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chickensoup912
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts

Always rent fighting games first unless you're a fan of the Soul Caliber series and you know you'll be playing it for a while whether with friends or online.

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts

Always rent fighting games first unless you're a fan of the Soul Caliber series and you know you'll be playing it for a while whether with friends or online.

Chickensoup912

Yeah I would agree with that. Although I still say that Soul Caliber 3 is the best in the series for me. SC4 is good but there are a few flaws in its greatness.