Sorry Street Fighter 4, but no.

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stringer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stringer4
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

Unlike others I came into this game with open arms and have not played any other SF games, besides turbo 2 on XBL. I tried to like it so badly, but it is getting harder each time I play.

THe game does so many stupid things, I dont know who thought this was ok to pass at Capcom. A super attack that you get when you are about to die. Sounds cool, but lets make it so that you have to press three buttons at once and have the same triger move as the other super move that you save up. Combos are cool, but lets make the timing random for every one. Lets also make a boss that is so hard that no one can beat him but the hardcore.

The online play is also a joke. It just does not work. THe game is too hard and, once again, only lets the hardcore players enjoy themselves. And don't give me the "oh games are just easier now aday's", because that is a lame excuse. A game should be fun no matter who plays it. I like this game but it just does so many things wrong.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Umm... 1) You only have to press the left trigger/bumper to activate your ultra. It works perfectly. 2) The boss isn't that difficult and isn't significant. 3) Online play works great for me. The game is excellent.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
then obviously its not the game for you, i suggest trading it in
stringer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stringer4
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

Im going to keep it, it just seems that they could have made it more open for us new players.

And yes I know I have to hold the trigger down to use the combo, its just hard to do when you are about to die :)

It also dumb for me putting this on a video game board. Most poeple who bought the game allready were old hardcore fans, and will be willing to strike me down for any thing I say against it. It's fun, but like any other game it has it's problems.

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

#1 - you can set your 3punches to any button at the Button Configuration screen.

#2 - you can set the difficulty to Easiest if you want to beat the boss and unlock characters

#3 - if you have trouble finding a match, CREATE a match OR put Requests on and go to arcade mode, you'll get matches within seconds.

But I can tell you don't understand fighting games much, so this surely isn't the game for you... sell it, so someone else can get it used and enjoy.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

Im going to keep it, it just seems that they could have made it more open for us new players.

And yes I know I have to hold the trigger down to use the combo, its just hard to do when you are about to die :)

It also dumb for me putting this on a video game board. Most poeple who bought the game allready were old hardcore fans, and will be willing to strike me down for any thing I say against it. It's fun, but like any other game it has it's problems.

stringer4
3 Easy modes, training, and a challenge mode isn't enough for some people I guess.
gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
[QUOTE="stringer4"]

I've been a hardcore SF fan for a long time. I have owned all the SF games I could get. But as to SF4, it has to be the most user friendly SF out there (besides capcom vs snk 2 with eo mode on, but its not a SF game.) this has to be the easyest Sf out there to learn. the moves just flow easy, almost too easy. what you need to do to pull your ultra is change the 3punch or kick to a diff button. this will make it easyer for you to pull, I use 3punch on the RB. also the easyest way to play online is press RB at the start screen. now turn on arcade fight request on. then just play arcade mode. you will be challenge all the time and play online with no issues.
beex215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 beex215
Member since 2006 • 1198 Posts
combos are not fluid like in marvel vs capcom but im still getting the hang of it. still hard though.
godofwar369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 godofwar369
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

at first i thought like that too....i thought seth was way to hard and the overall game was hard....now i know the controls more and seths really not that hard....

just get use to it

MrArmageddon8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrArmageddon8
Member since 2007 • 6846 Posts

I love the game, but I do have to admit the AI is horribly cheap. Seth only like does 3 of the same moves to you over and over again.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
ive done it on hardest...............
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts

I love the game, but I do have to admit the AI is horribly cheap. Seth only like does 3 of the same moves to you over and over again.

MrArmageddon8
Try MK 3. That is cheap AI. Especialy Motaro and Shau kahn.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#14 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

SFIV is pretty hard to master but I'am getting the hang of it but playing this game makes me wish they would make a Marvel vs. Capcom 3 already.

PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PrincePwnStar
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

I was able to beat Seth with most characters. But Chun Li, Blanka, and M.Bison I am having trouble because I the moves are not working for me. I liked using Abel, C. Viper, Ryu, Ken, and Sagat but most their moves are done the same way. What I don't understand is I was able to beat it with E.Honda and his moves are practically the same as Chun Li's. It just seems like it takes more for Chun Li to get the health bar down.

I understand about the controls, but any game that allows you to configure your controls you can not complain much about because you can control that. Then online play is always active, if I turned on challenge I wouldn't get past the first fighter with out being challenged by someone!

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
The game kicks ass, not that hard either. (on medium anyway)
Doorman1810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Doorman1810
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

The only thing wrong with SF4 is the terrible title soundtrack. Indestructable?! Ugh! As for Seth being a difficult character, I have to agree, but only after you beat him once. Round 1 is cake, then he goes nuts with teleports and the most awful Ultra Combo in the game.

Avatar image for RebellionReborn
RebellionReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RebellionReborn
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts

I will admit that I haven't gotten or played SFIV yet, but from everything I have read, it doesn't sound much different from the older games I used to play(Blanka FTW). The SF franchise has always been about tactics. MK, SC, Tekken, they have tactics involved, but button mashing does come into play in these games. SF has always been built along the idea that you have to out think your opponent.

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

I agree with TC for the most part. I am waiting for my HOri EX2 to really dive in and try to master it.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

You can't just button mash and hope for the best like in Soul Caliber. You have to take the time to learn the characters and that is one aspect of the game I really enjoy. The game isnt for everyone and yes it is the type of game that will be enjoyed by the hardcore more. But I can't find a flaw with the game. This and Brawl are the best fighters this gen.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts

I agree with TC for the most part. I am waiting for my HOri EX2 to really dive in and try to master it.

iloverikku11
I wouldn't got for the hori arcade stick. Im going to buy one from arcade-in-a-box.
sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts
i just think the trials are rather difficult. i can't seem to understand how i'm not inputting the correct commands. easy ones on normal aren't even working (i got up to trial 4 and that was it). plus for me it was just getting use to the overall timing of the game. i was soo used to ssf2thdremix. i got my @$$ kicked my first 15 matches thinking i was good by playing the cpu. I learned the timing and now i'm on a 9 game winning streak
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

these fighting games just don't interest me at all. They are so boring and old school. You just jump around trying to hit all the buttons and do special attacks, that's just not fun. Maybe if it was like $20 it would be worth a purchase.

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sourcerah

these fighting games just don't interest me at all. They are so boring and old school. You just jump around trying to hit all the buttons and do special attacks, that's just not fun. Maybe if it was like $20 it would be worth a purchase.

Dawq902
I respect your opinion... so, how would you like a fighting game to be??
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

Unlike others I came into this game with open arms and have not played any other SF games, besides turbo 2 on XBL. I tried to like it so badly, but it is getting harder each time I play.

THe game does so many stupid things, I dont know who thought this was ok to pass at Capcom. A super attack that you get when you are about to die. Sounds cool, but lets make it so that you have to press three buttons at once and have the same triger move as the other super move that you save up. Combos are cool, but lets make the timing random for every one. Lets also make a boss that is so hard that no one can beat him but the hardcore.

The online play is also a joke. It just does not work. THe game is too hard and, once again, only lets the hardcore players enjoy themselves. And don't give me the "oh games are just easier now aday's", because that is a lame excuse. A game should be fun no matter who plays it. I like this game but it just does so many things wrong.

stringer4

1. That's part of the reason you're having trouble. Street Fighter is easy to pick up, diffifult to master. Must of us better players have been playing since SF II originally came out, and the move set hasn't changed. Pulling off dragon punches becomes instinct when you play enough...

2. You don't have to press three buttons at once. There's a button binded to three punch and three kick. You're just one of those people who doesn't bother reading the manual or playing an tutorials. You just pop in the game, and when you can't play it, you blame the game.

3. That's part of the beauty of SF. You have to master each fighter, and figure out what match-ups work best. Try beating Zangeif with Guile...it's a bad match up for Guile.

4. The boss isn't hard when you've done all of the above.

5. Care to elaborate on how it "doesn't work" ? Seems fine to me...aside from the very occasional laggy match.

6. If games were easier these days, wouldn't the game be easier? I think you just may have worded this wrong.

7. All of the above. There's nothing wrong with the game. You just don't know how to play it yet. SF II HD Remix isn't a good starting point.

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dredg11

Dawq902

Different strokes dude...Boring, that's your opinion. Old school, not really a bad thing. Games used to be better. And yes, you button mash when you don't know how to play. But when you do, everything is VERY calculated. Pull off a Super cancel ultra and tell me it's button mashing. The game takes plenty of dexterity.

I used to think the exact same thing about Japanese fighting games when I was young. I played Mortal Kombat hardcore before I ever played SF, and when I did play SF, I hated it. But now it's the complete opposite. I hate Mortal Kombat's dialed in gameplay, and think SF, Tekken and DOA are much better fighters.

DOA may appear to be button mashing, but there's much more to it, and timing and precision is key. For example, to counter a high attack, you have to press back on the control stick and block. To counter a low attack, you have to press down/back and block. To counter a kick, you have to press forward and block. Doing this takes fast reflexes. Button mashing will cause you to lose.

This is all true in SF as well...

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sourcerah
[QUOTE="Dredg11"]

[QUOTE="stringer4"]

1. That's part of the reason you're having trouble. Street Fighter is easy to pick up, diffifult to master. Must of us better players have been playing since SF II originally came out, and the move set hasn't changed. Pulling off dragon punches because instinct when you play enough...

2. You don't have to press three buttons at once. There's a button binded to three punch and three kick. You're just one of those people who doesn't bother reading the manual or playing an tutorials. You just pop in the game, and when you can't play it, you blame the game.

3. That's part of the beauty of SF. You have to master each fighter, and figure out what match-ups work best. Try beating Zangeif with Guile...it's a bad match up for Guile.

4. The boss isn't hard when you've done all of the above.

5. Care to elaborate on how it "doesn't work" ? Seems fine to me...aside from the very occasional laggy match.

6. If games were easier these days, wouldn't the game be easier? I think you just may have worded this wrong.

7. All of the above. There's nothing wrong with the game. You just don't know how to play it yet. SF II HD Remix isn't a good starting point.

couldn't have said it better myself. i played, give or take, 50 ranked matches. only one lagged which isn't so bad, especially becase i won. i just don't understand one thing about the online. If i select the 'same skill' option, will that apply for just the ranked matches I create or does it also apply when people join me when i'm playing in aracde mode? Can someone PLEASE answer this question.
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dredg11

If i select the 'same skill' option, will that apply for just the ranked matches I create or does it also apply when people join me when i'm playing in aracde mode? Can someone PLEASE answer this question.sourcerah
\

I can't say for 100% sure, but I'd imagine it would mean similar Battle Points. Meaning, yes, it only affects ranked matches. When challenged during arcade, you choose if it's ranked or unranked in your challenge options, how many rounds, timer...etc.

Unranked matches will put you up against whoever...

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#32 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

Dawq902

Exactly. I bought it new and couldn't believe I paid $60 for an arcade game. Now, I know that was sort of the point keeping it like the originals but they couldn't have added something new, kind of like Mortal Kombat did. I sold mine immediatley on amazon for $50.

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dredg11

[QUOTE="Dawq902"]

rp108

Exactly. I bought it new and couldn't believe I paid $60 for an arcade game. Now, I know that was sort of the point keeping it like the originals but they couldn't have added something new, kind of like Mortal Kombat did. I sold mine immediatley on amazon for $50.

lol...Super combos, ultra combos, focus attacks, new characters...whole new engine. But no, you're right, they didn't add anything.

giants161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 giants161
Member since 2008 • 496 Posts
Umm... 1) You only have to press the left trigger/bumper to activate your ultra. It works perfectly. 2) The boss isn't that difficult and isn't significant. 3) Online play works great for me. The game is excellent.GodLovesDead
I don't understand how to pull of an ultra. What do mean left bumper/trigger? for who?
Proto-K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Proto-K
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts

I like the learning curve. Im tired of people who complain that its too hard. I swear if you can beat Veteran mode on any COD game, you have patience. Therefore you can handle SFIV.

turokdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 turokdude
Member since 2009 • 525 Posts
i havent played the game but i will try it and see if i like it
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
I'm so glad they didn't. They made an "accessible" aka casual friendly fighter in Soul Caliber 4, which really pissed me off. I go online, and the pro moves are basically impossible to do since they require amazing timing, and the lag just doesn't let you pull them off. So it turned into a button masher where anyone can win. What payoff is that for those of us who have been playing the game since Soul Edge in Arcades? If you want a casual fighter, there's none better than Brawl. Street Fighter has always been pretty hard, don't see why you thought it was going to be any different. And all fighting games are worthless when playing online. There will always be that split second of lag, which really kills games that rely on twitch reflexes. Stick to the local multiplayer if you are a competitive player, the online will just cause you to develop bad habbits.
rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rp108

[QUOTE="rp108"]

[QUOTE="Dawq902"]

Dredg11

lol...Super combos, ultra combos, focus attacks, new characters...whole new engine. But no, you're right, they didn't add anything.

Defending your purchase? It's a fighting game so new moves and characters shouldn't even be considered new content. These things are basic additions.

PurpleHaze89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PurpleHaze89
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts

I know what u mean TC, the game is really hard but it's so damn fun. It's my first SF ever and i can't get enough of it. I have it for 3 days now and have only beaten the Arcade on Easy (Going for Normal tomorrow, Seth gonna be a pain in the ass) and i've tried so of those challenges like survival and stuff like that.

What i love about this game is that i always find out new stuff and i've only played with 1 char so far (Viper kicks friggin ass), damn i love this game :D gonna try the online tomorrow for the achievements. Is there a lots of lag ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
deactivated-5d3f70a961d94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
IMO its an excellent game, just like the old games but with HD graphics and better controls and added combos.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

[QUOTE="Dredg11"]

[QUOTE="rp108"]

rp108

Defending your purchase? It's a fighting game so new moves and characters shouldn't even be considered new content. These things are basic additions.

What exactly do you expect them to add?..

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
[QUOTE="Dawq902"]

sourcerah
I respect your opinion... so, how would you like a fighting game to be??

I just don't like the side view thing. I just find it to be very boring and repetititive. Not that other games can't be repetitive but these types of games get real old real quick to me. Thanks for respecting my opinion and not getting angry though :)
DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
So you don't like 2D fighting games? Yeah i disliked 2D fighting games before, but then i played some other games, and now i love them. Just because for some 3d fighters it gets annoying when they keep on moving around and it kinda ruins it for me. Street Fighter 4 is great though.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Honestly, based on your original post, it seems like it's not the game's fault that you're not enjoying it. You just have to keep practicing and get better at it. Then once you start to understand the quirks in the game, you'll start loving it or enjoying it more. That's how it's like with any new fighting game, not just Street Fighter.
Xylum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Xylum
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I like the learning curve. Im tired of people who complain that its too hard. I swear if you can beat Veteran mode on any COD game, you have patience. Therefore you can handle SFIV.

Proto-K

f'ing right.. patience.. a lot of blocking.. and just practicing combos and figuring out how to make em longer.. it is a great game.. ppl just need to practice A LOT before even feeling ur getting good at it.. lol

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rp108

[QUOTE="rp108"]

[QUOTE="Dredg11"]

Darkslayer16

What exactly do you expect them to add?..

Well something like Mortal Kombat. It was either Deadly Alliance or Deception where you could go around towns collecting gold and doing quest type stuff. It wasn't great but it was new to the series and it was fun. I am not saying Street Fighter IV should have that exactly but it would have been nice for something new.

Aurey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Aurey
Member since 2004 • 520 Posts

Well, I really liked the game. Yup, the intro's song is terrible and the online is kinda basic (it works fine, but still I like DOA4 online features a lot more). The diferences on each character timing for combos and many things more are what makes fighting games enjoyable, any other way it wouldn't matter to have different characters to choose since all of them would be the same thing, just with different looks.

As all games it requires time and practice. You should try checking a different approach, like Smash Bros or Power Stone. Personally I think SFIV is a great game, I do not like it more than DOA4, but still is one of my top 5 favorite games for 360.

flio83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 flio83
Member since 2008 • 474 Posts

to the person that said this game contain nothing new, well i would like to ask youwhat did Call of duty add to every new series (gun, perks, cinematics)??? in my opinion that also should have been there since they create an FPS game all that feature should have been there from the start. or even killzone or any other fps (what feature that these games have... really makes so much different than any other fps game?)

theres so many sequel did not addanything new at all if you put it that way. series are made to improve and surely this SF4 add something new whether it is for good or bad. super, ultra, focus, new char, 3dand you said its nothing new. its all just button mashing...over and over again.. I guess if we all just turn our TV off and put playstation on then we all know that all we do is just basically pressing button over and over again in every game ever invented...isnt that right?

trust me this game is not hard, it is how its fighting game meant to be played. if you want all char to have the same button type or easy moves wheres is the fun in that? how could you feel you have mastered the moves when all you do is just pressing a few shortcut and bamm!!!?? what i want to say is dont be discouraged by it, learn it and have fun..if you lose hey thats what practice is there for. tips from my personal exp: if you find it really hard, play one char and one char only for a week and practice it. by the time you're done with it you should be able to remember the moves and know how and when to use it. and if you want to test it, play with the hardest cpu (trust me hardest cpu is harder than fighting online person:) lol. on saying that doesnt mean online person is weak is just cpu know what you're going to do before you pull it off - this call motion detection). that way you play more conservatively and good for building your skills.

Drkbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Drkbunny
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
This made me lol. If you're having problems with the 3 buttons at once, get a fightpad or stick or something, or just change your controls. If you're stll having a hard time just put the game on easy, as for playing online, get a better connection.
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]Honestly, based on your original post, it seems like it's not the game's fault that you're not enjoying it. You just have to keep practicing and get better at it. Then once you start to understand the quirks in the game, you'll start loving it or enjoying it more. That's how it's like with any new fighting game, not just Street Fighter.

This is so true. I remember when I started playing this game, I'd get so frustrated everytime I lose. I then started watching some videos of the pros (Daigo, Choi, Valle, etc.) and kept on practicing. Now I'm way better at the game and everytime I find a good oponent, I enjoy the match so much because I keep on learning and improving.