So when do we get our free ARCADE game from Microsoft?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameMaster579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GameMaster579
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts

Xbox live down for 24 hours, doesn't work well afterwards, and my Ghostbusters preorder code not working. Last time they gave us Undertow, I was thinking maybe Sam & Max or Magic: The Gathering for a free title. It would be nice for M$ to compensate.

Spikedjester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Spikedjester
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts
I agree it definately would be nice and proper. But I doubt they really care.
DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
I think the least could do is to refund XBL users the 24 hour day. As trivial as it is, it would be the responsible thing to do.
Redwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Redwa
Member since 2004 • 95 Posts

There's an end users license agreement when you create your account. Read it.

BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 BaconB1ts123
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts

Redwa
It says nothing about it. Maybe you should read it.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
meh 24 hours i can do without, especially if its for maintenance and upgrades. if it isnt workign because it just generally isnt working and its been days or possibly a week, i would b a little upset and would expect something in return...
BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BaconB1ts123
I think it is only warranted if it continues on. They have to do maintenance and sometimes it will still need to be smoothed out. I wouldn't turn down a free game but I don't expect it either.
Redwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Redwa

[QUOTE="Redwa"]

BaconB1ts123

Maybe YOU should.

Microsoft reserves complete and sole discretion with respect to the operation of the Service. Microsoft may, among other things: (a)restrict or limit access to the Service;

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/livetou.htm

Deal with it.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

How can anyone be bothered by XBL being down for 24hours? You didn't die without is so quit complaining.. a refund is less then $1 anyway.

Redwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Redwa

It's literally 14 cents. LOL

Cujo31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cujo31
Member since 2002 • 2884 Posts

[QUOTE="BaconB1ts123"][QUOTE="Redwa"]

Redwa

Maybe YOU should.

Microsoft reserves complete and sole discretion with respect to the operation of the Service. Microsoft may, among other things: (a)restrict or limit access to the Service;

Deal with it.

hahaha. I love it when it comes back to bite people....a second time.

toenip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 toenip
Member since 2006 • 375 Posts

asking for something in return, from microsift for them trying to make your time with an xbox better and giving you alot of FREE new features, i cant believe you want something for free from Xbox for live being down for 1 day, they also send message to everyone with live to tell them it well be down so it is not like you dont know it well be down.

BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BaconB1ts123

Redwa

Maybe YOU should.

Deal with it.

What does that have to do with going extended amounts of time with buggy service?? You don't seem to understand the wording. that is ok I forgive you.
Redwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Redwa

[QUOTE="Redwa"]

[QUOTE="BaconB1ts123"] It says nothing about it. Maybe you should read it. BaconB1ts123

Maybe YOU should.

Deal with it.

What does that have to do with going extended amounts of time with buggy service?? You don't seem to understand the wording. that is ok I forgive you.

/facepalm

BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BaconB1ts123

Maybe YOU should.

Deal with it.

Redwa

/facepalm

Your quote is a very broad TOS that could be implied for almost anything. The poster just thinks he should be compensated for more than just the 24 outage. You don't have to agree with him but you should probably get that palm checked out.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

[QUOTE="Redwa"]

[QUOTE="BaconB1ts123"] It says nothing about it. Maybe you should read it. BaconB1ts123

Maybe YOU should.

Deal with it.

Microsoft can do maintenance whenever they want.. they don't have to give you anything. If you don't like it cancel your XBL.

Adam_the_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Adam_the_Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4403 Posts
You guys need to relax. I think a free game would be pretty awesome, considering that this downtime (while necessary to prepare for the summer rush of online gaming as people get off school and work) is an inconvenience to many people. In my opinion, they HAVE set a precedent by giving away free games in the past, I don't see why they should stop now. While 24 hours isn't much, consider the fact that some people do not play everyday and only get a few sparing hours a week, so I think either a game or a reimbursement of this 24 hours is a good way to approach this.
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
wow they told you weeks before hand that it would be down for 24 hours and you still complain? let me guess you didnt even read the xbl message they sent you?
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts

Redwa

Maybe YOU should.

Deal with it.

actually that's the terms of use, not the end users licence agreement >.>, but ya you are right, and i just like nitpicking.

BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BaconB1ts123

Maybe YOU should.

Deal with it.

Darkslayer16

Microsoft can do maintenance whenever they want.. they don't have to give you anything. If you don't like it cancel your XBL.

I guess you are not following the conversation. I don't have a problem with it. I am just explaining to ppl who do not understand the point of the thread and miss quote from MS TOS. I have had live since the day it came out for xbox 1. Overall I think it is great. I think I can remember only one time it was down/buggy for more than a day. When battle field Bad Company came out it was buggy for a week in that game but that is EA and not MS.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

They won't give us anything and we really don't need anything either. We get one free game because Live was messy during Christmas and now every time the service acts weird you want something.

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
meh if they give free game cool, elsewise i dont care
BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BaconB1ts123

[QUOTE="Redwa"]

[QUOTE="BaconB1ts123"] It says nothing about it. Maybe you should read it. Vashn

Maybe YOU should.

Deal with it.

actually that's the terms of use, not the end users licence agreement >.>, but ya you are right, and i just like nitpicking.

It is also in the section on modifying and playing pirated games. So of course they will "restrict" you for that. If you wanted to put that term to broad use it would translate to them being able to shut live down indefinitely with no recourse from the users. He just did not choose to read the full paragraph. I would still not turn down a free game
BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BaconB1ts123

They won't give us anything and we really don't need anything either. We get one free game because Live was messy during Christmas and now every time the service acts weird you want something.

PlasmaBeam44
I must have missed that one. Which was it??
Commando015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Commando015
Member since 2009 • 325 Posts

I don't really see anyone complaining here, but still, they told you week ahead of time that it would be down and this wasn't going down because it was buggy... it was going down because they needed to add patches or something that would help with the summer releases that are coming out for Xbox Live. I appreciate it more than wanting them to give me something free in return.

and... yeah... they gave this crappy Undertow game from XBL whenever it went down for a few days. I forget when, but I remember playing it for like ten minutes and then never looking at it again. I think it was sometime really early last year.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

[QUOTE="Darkslayer16"]

[QUOTE="BaconB1ts123"] What does that have to do with going extended amounts of time with buggy service?? You don't seem to understand the wording. that is ok I forgive you.BaconB1ts123

I guess you are not following the conversation. I don't have a problem with it. I am just explaining to ppl who do not understand the point of the thread and miss quote from MS TOS. I have had live since the day it came out for xbox 1. Overall I think it is great. I think I can remember only one time it was down/buggy for more than a day. When battle field Bad Company came out it was buggy for a week in that game but that is EA and not MS.

then why even bother to mention it or bring it up. the only time they gave a game because of poor service was during and after christmas 2007 through jan 2008.im pretty sure the other free games were given because of promos and whatnot butlike i said they compensated us for the problems that they didnt see comming and were certainly an incovenience for us and them. THIS, may be an inconvenience to you but an outage because of maintenance or upgrading the service does not give you the right to a free game and those people expecting one should stop before you further dissapoint yourself. Redwa is most definatly spot on with his quote. this thread was funny at first until i realized how serious some of you were with your expectation of a free game for this scheduled outage.....

EDIT: unless you were talking about the EA incident and thservice being down/buggy for more than a day in two seperate instances i wouldnt have brought this up. if in fact thats what youre referring to then sorry for the rant....but you still dont deserve a free game for this outage.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Redwa

Maybe YOU should.

Deal with it.

BAAMMMMM .... HEADSHOT......

BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BaconB1ts123

Oh I wasn't the one asking for a free game. I just said I wouldn't complain if they did. The part about the quote was Redwa saying it was in the end users agreement and then posting the Terms of Use as well as quoting a part on them restricting your access if you break them. Just ignore it it has nothing to do with the topic. sounds like I did not miss out on much with Undertow.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

I would like some compensation but it probably won't happen.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

BaconB1ts123

I must have missed that one. Which was it??

It was 2007 and they gave us Undertow.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
It went down for a 24 hour maintenance that they announced like 2 weeks ago. You're not going to get a free game. There are some little issues now that aren't messing up online gaming, it's stopping you from wasting your money in marketplace. You're not going to a get a free game for that.
RavageGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RavageGT
Member since 2008 • 989 Posts

Redwa

So much for a friendly reponse

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#35 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
It was just a day. They gave undertow free when Live was going nuts for two weeks. Your one day with out live was not worth ten not even five dollars. Are you telling me you can not go one day with out live with out some sort compensation? Are you telling you honestly use Live every single day?
GameMaster579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GameMaster579
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts

I was just hoping that Microsoft clumsy nature of doing things can be taken advantage of.

Redwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Redwa

[QUOTE="Vashn"]

[QUOTE="Redwa"]

Maybe YOU should.

Deal with it.

BaconB1ts123

It is also in the section on modifying and playing pirated games. So of course they will "restrict" you for that. If you wanted to put that term to broad use it would translate to them being able to shut live down indefinitely with no recourse from the users. He just did not choose to read the full paragraph. I would still not turn down a free game

Eula, TOS it's all the same really heh. And they are Broad terms for a reason. It's for legal reasons. You can cover a broad spectrum of things by vaguely wording things. Anywho....carry on!

Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
I think it is only warranted if it continues on. They have to do maintenance and sometimes it will still need to be smoothed out. I wouldn't turn down a free game but I don't expect it either. BaconB1ts123
Very true.
Falco_648

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Falco_648
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts

Why would they give compensation?

I can understand if it went down unexpectedly, but they told us they're doing maintenance for upcoming updates. We already are getting a free avatar racing game along with free 1 vs 100! People are so greedy, not saying microsoft isnt but seriously? One day and you want a free game? Come on now!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#40 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
You people are such freaking babies. One tiny technical hitch after only a day of XBL inactivity (It was so long, boo hoo), and you whine and demand an Arcade game. Damn you guys are selfish. Get a grip, Msoft doesn't owe you a damn thing
that70sguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 that70sguy92
Member since 2009 • 78 Posts
It would be nice, but I doubt it'll happen.
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
They've given free games before? Microsoft? I don't believe you
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
No we won't be getting anything for this - it's just maintenance that needs to be carried out every once in a while. The Undertow freebie was as a result of nearly a week of constant bad connections after Xmas 07 when so many new gamertags were being created and logging in.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#44 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Be nice to get a free game, but I see no reason why they should have to.
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

Xbox live down for 24 hours, doesn't work well afterwards, and my Ghostbusters preorder code not working. Last time they gave us Undertow, I was thinking maybe Sam & Max or Magic: The Gathering for a free title. It would be nice for M$ to compensate.

GameMaster579

Last time we got a free game XBL was messed up for around a month. It's down for 24 hours and you want a free game? If XBL is $49.99 lets divide it by one day. So, basically you're out: $0.13. So, you think since you're "out" $0.13 that MS should comepensate you with at least a $5 game???

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
Oh please. It was down for one day and they mentioned it weeks before hand. Quit crying.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

We aren't getting a free game dude, relax. It was down for 24 hours and is not a huge deal. They are working on the problem so sit tight and be patient.

howie1926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 howie1926
Member since 2005 • 555 Posts

You know Microsoft will never give you anything for free. It took them almost 4 years to admit that the Xbox360 has hardware failure problems and sometimes scratches games.

howie1926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 howie1926
Member since 2005 • 555 Posts

I don't believe it also

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

You know Microsoft will never give you anything for free. It took them almost 4 years to admit that the Xbox360 has hardware failure problems and sometimes scratches games.

howie1926
Well they have given away games for free, it's just that it's unnecessary in this case.