So Microsoft can really ban your account

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

I heard about banningplayers' accounts who played hacked games, but about the complaints I don't what to say. Some say they can ban you at 7 complaints lol. How can I know how many complaints have been filed because I am at 64% avoided. I guess if I get banned, I am welcoming Sony and Apple because I spent the last 4 years boosting score, buying games, and DLC's. That's too much time, money, and effort.

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts
Microsoft will not ban you for "boosting", unless it involves hacking or anything of the sort. You will not get banned by complains unless they are real. If you send a kid a message saying "**** you" I doubt you will be banned, but it IS up to them.
fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fgjnfgh

Forget to mention some equipements like arcade sticks and some guitars and drums, etc.....

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fgjnfgh

I am not talking about boosting banning what I ment is the complaints people make for hate msg or trash talk

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts
Again, I doubt Microsoft will ban you for that, but it is up to them.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
your rep as nothing to to do with you getting banned microsoft confirmed that... but the number of complaints well they can ban you when they want to
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I heard about banningplayers' accounts who played hacked games, but about the complaints I don't what to say. Some say they can ban you at 7 complaints lol. How can I know how many complaints have been filed because I am at 64% avoided. I guess if I get banned, I am welcoming Sony and Apple because I spent the last 4 years boosting score, buying games, and DLC's. That's too much time, money, and effort.

fgjnfgh

Yes, Microsoft can ban you from the Xbox Live service based on complaints. Typically these bans are temporary but they can become permanent if you are a repeat offender. Certain types of offenses tend to get you banned faster than others (i.e. racial slurs versus quitting early). Since you are 64% avoided, you may want to examine your online behavior to try to determine why you are so disliked by other online players. Remember that the online community is just that, a community. In order for Microsoft to make it fun for everybody they may need to exclude people who intentionally try to ruin the experience for others.

-Byshop

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
It's down to the offensive not the amount of whiny players losing that complain.. If you hack, or fiddle with a game you will be banned and rightly so
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

I have like 70% avoided and I don't talk sh*t, I don't even use my mic unless I'm playing with friends. People are just d***s sometimes.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Byshop  Moderator

I have like 70% avoided and I don't talk sh*t, I don't even use my mic unless I'm playing with friends. People are just d***s sometimes.

gta4_2112

I find it depends on what games you play. If you play any 1:1 titles like fighting games you tend to get a higher percentage of negative reviews from sore losers as opposed to group games like Halo where you are one of a team of eight that won the game. I always had a good rep on XBL until I started playing obscene amounts of SFIV and SSFIV. After that, my avoid percentage climbed. It's still nowhere near that, but I was shocked when I saw it. I never use the mic but some people get -really- mad when you beat them (nastygrams, etc).

-Byshop

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

you wont be banned for complaints but i have heard of them forcing you to change your GT if you recieve to many complaints in a certain amount of time. IDK if their still doing that though i think they might have stopped.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fgjnfgh

I don't think they can ban for cussing it's just natural people cuss all the time, but they ban for hacking games and game score. I mean all people cuss and send trash messages. If they ban people who cuss, then we would only see nerds on XBL lol

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
complaints =/= reputation, your 64% avoided has nothing to do with any complaints filed against you
fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fgjnfgh

yeh but I know I've been reported for like 4 times and I don't if I've been reported more

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Byshop  Moderator

I don't think they can ban for cussing it's just natural people cuss all the time, but they ban for hacking games and game score. I mean all people cuss and send trash messages. If they ban people who cuss, then we would only see nerds on XBL lol

fgjnfgh

A lot of people seem to be sharing their opinions on what they think would happen in various situations regarding bans. That's great and all, but this really isn't a question that's open to iterpretation. There are clear guidelines and punishments published on Xbox's site.

From http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/XboxLive/xboxlivecommunity/PlayerFeedback/PlayerFeedBack.aspx:

What Happens to Complaints?

All feedback is reviewed daily and action is taken against the players for whom the behavior is verified. Below is a list of current offenses and resulting banning actions:

• If you choose a Gamertag that violates the Code of Conduct and other gamers complain about it, you'll be forced to change it. And we're good at recognizing the hidden meaning in creative spellings, so you might as well pick something nice from the start.
  • If you choose a Gamertag that violates the Code of Conduct in any game, regardless of ESRB rating, and other players complain about it, your account will be suspended. First offense is a one-day suspension. Second offense is one week. Third offense and every subsequent offense is two weeks.
  • If your use of voice violates the Code of Conduct and other gamers complain about it, you'll be voice-banned. Durations of the voice ban are the same as for suspensions. If you're voice-banned you can still play, but no one else will be able to hear what you say.
  • If you violate the Code of Conduct by cheating or exhibiting "bad gameplay" and other gamers complain about it, you'll also find yourself suspended from one day to two weeks.

If you are voice banned, locked out, or asked to change your Gamertag, you'll be notified in the Xbox Dashboard when you go to play. If you are voice banned or locked out, you'll also receive an e-mail at the account you used to sign up for Xbox LIVE.

-Byshop

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fgjnfgh

[QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]

Byshop

A lot of people seem to be sharing their opinions on what they think would happen in various situations regarding bans. That's great and all, but this really isn't a question that's open to iterpretation. There are clear guidelines and punishments published on Xbox's site.

From http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/XboxLive/xboxlivecommunity/PlayerFeedback/PlayerFeedBack.aspx:

What Happens to Complaints?

All feedback is reviewed daily and action is taken against the players for whom the behavior is verified. Below is a list of current offenses and resulting banning actions:

• If you choose a Gamertag that violates the Code of Conduct and other gamers complain about it, you'll be forced to change it. And we're good at recognizing the hidden meaning in creative spellings, so you might as well pick something nice from the start.
  • If you choose a Gamertag that violates the Code of Conduct in any game, regardless of ESRB rating, and other players complain about it, your account will be suspended. First offense is a one-day suspension. Second offense is one week. Third offense and every subsequent offense is two weeks.
  • If your use of voice violates the Code of Conduct and other gamers complain about it, you'll be voice-banned. Durations of the voice ban are the same as for suspensions. If you're voice-banned you can still play, but no one else will be able to hear what you say.
  • If you violate the Code of Conduct by cheating or exhibiting "bad gameplay" and other gamers complain about it, you'll also find yourself suspended from one day to two weeks.

If you are voice banned, locked out, or asked to change your Gamertag, you'll be notified in the Xbox Dashboard when you go to play. If you are voice banned or locked out, you'll also receive an e-mail at the account you used to sign up for Xbox LIVE.

-Byshop

well thats good and thanks. I don't see any perminant banning

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Byshop  Moderator

well thats good and thanks. I don't see any perminant banning

fgjnfgh

Check the code of conduct that page links to.

From http://www.xbox.com/hi-IN/legal/codeOfConduct.htm:

If you violate the Code of Conduct or the Terms of Use that you agreed to, action may be taken against your account. Some offenses warrant an immediate account cancellation, including but not limited to hacking, modding, fraud, severe racial remarks, nudity on the Xbox LIVE Vision camera, continued creation of profane gamertags or profile content, and posting viruses or URLs to viruses. In addition, trying to avoid a temporary suspension by creating alternate new accounts may result in a permanent ban on the new user account and a possible escalation of punishment to the original account and all related accounts.

Microsoft reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any user-created content from Xbox LIVE, Games for Windows - LIVE and/or Xbox.com. Microsoft reserves the right to immediately terminate or suspend a user for violations. Microsoft can contact any Internet Service Provider and provide the ISP with information on illegal activities.

So the offense has to be -really- bad (i.e. threatening people, dealing drugs over party chat, scamming people, etc).

-Byshop

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#18 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

The way I see it, don't do anything stupid or dirty and you won't get banned.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Byshop  Moderator

The way I see it, don't do anything stupid or dirty and you won't get banned.

MathMattS

Yeah, pretty much.

-Byshop

H-Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 H-Revolver
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts
The only bans from I Microsoft that I know of come from modding your XBOX 360. I think you're fine.
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Byshop  Moderator

The only bans from I Microsoft that I know of come from modding your XBOX 360. I think you're fine.H-Revolver

Read above...

-Byshop

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

I'm glad I haven't been banned yet.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

if enough complaints are filed (prolly around 10-20) for the same thing in the same day, yes you will be suspended, it's happened to a couple friends of mine. 1st time is a 24 hour suspension 2nd time is a 3 day suspention 3rd is 7 day suspention and 4th you get banned.

LordPhalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LordPhalsh
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
well i received an instant permanent ban for having my bio as "xbox live moderator" so that people wouldn't send me abusive messages which i think is a little strong when people hurling racist remarks all day get a week.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
you only really get banned if you do something stupid or against the terms and conditions (i recommend you read it right the way through with particular emphasis on MS's right to ban or suspend your account). The stuff you buy makes no difference, i wish people wouldnt talk as if it should give some right to immunity from baning, if you act stupid you get banned... Bad reviews arent used in judging anything to do with your account. If someone gives a avoid review it just means they wont be matched with you again and it also gives people a general idea of what kind of gamer you are....though most people dont bother because of peoples tendency to just review you badly because you owned them into the next century or something. As for how many complaints are needed for a ban its up to MS. They are genrally quite good with judging if you need banning based on complaints.