So does anyone know where to find the release date for the Razer Onza?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wopps
Member since 2003 • 2373 Posts

I looked at their site up and down and couldn't even find a slight mention of a release date. After some Google searching I saw "Later this year" but does anyone know anything more concrete? I'd like to buy one of those controllers asap and it would help a lot to know when it's coming out.

d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 d4v1dbow13
Member since 2009 • 614 Posts

i would like to know as well those things look beast.

Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wopps

Ya they really do look like they'll surpass the regular Xbox 360 wireless control in terms of functionality and accuracy. I haven't bought a 3rd party controller since the n64 days so this would be a big deal if I ended up getting this instead of another Microsoft wireless controller. So ya, if anyone has any info on these controllers I'd greatly appreciate it. I am hoping they come out before Christmas but I can't find any info online.

chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

I've been trying to find this out as well. I'd also like to find the release date of the Chimaera headset, but google isnt any help at all...

ForceXAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ForceXAssassin
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Google it
Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wopps

The best I've seen on Google is "Sometime this year" hence the reason I'm asking if anyone knows anything further.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

all I found was 'late October'

when I was looking at a YouTube video with one of Razer's Employees talking about the controller.

looks like that never happened, because that was just last week on like Nov. 2. so there's probably nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I'm really excited for this controller. The tournament edition is exactly what I need.

Hopefully by Christmas there will be more word on it.

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts

Hopefully christmas, they will sell a saht load if they release it then... i am 100 percent getting the tournament edition, looks too good to be true.. changing the resistant on the right stick is pure genius.. if anyone knows more info please tell!

d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 d4v1dbow13
Member since 2009 • 614 Posts

Google itForceXAssassin

I know reading hurts huh?

GFugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GFugue
Member since 2009 • 935 Posts

I remember when I played the PS2, where having a Logitech controller instead of the normal one was practically a must...

I think the 360 regular controllers are great, but this Onza looks slick. FYI, I thought it was going to be released at the end of October. Seems I was wrong.

"

Q: Will the Microsoft Chat Pad work with the Razer Onza?

A: The ergonomic form of the Razer Onza does not fit the chat pad. Microphones with standard 2.5mm jacks do work. Who chats anyway? We're here to game."

lol

Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Wopps

Well hopefully Razer mentions a release date soon because I'm in the market for a 3rd controller but I'll be getting it this year, so I hope the Onza is out by Christmas so I can get that one instead of another Microsoft wireless one.

anon525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 anon525
Member since 2004 • 114 Posts

I can understand why they didn't realease end of October/around the time of Black Ops coming out because of competition with MadCatz, but I don't know why they're messing people about and wont give a release date.

My controllers are both broken now and I need a couple of new ones. As much as I want the Razer, if they haven't given an idea of release date by the time I get paid in 3 weeks I'm just going to have to get the BO controller.

EverestMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EverestMan
Member since 2003 • 175 Posts

I'll bet they had this information blackout in mind as soon as the MGL ban happened. Its the perfect ploy to drive up demand. Holiday 2010 release date is all we are given after the event it was designed for ixnays it. The anticipation is killing me, as it seems to be with everyone else. When the release date is released we're all going to pounce. I hate it, but well done Razer.

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts

I'll bet they had this information blackout in mind as soon as the MGL ban happened. Its the perfect ploy to drive up demand. Holiday 2010 release date is all we are given after the event it was designed for ixnays it. The anticipation is killing me, as it seems to be with everyone else. When the release date is released we're all going to pounce. I hate it, but well done Razer.

EverestMan
It's band from MLG... :( what a shame.
aermeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 aermeus
Member since 2006 • 227 Posts

Im definitely waiting for this as well....im finishing up some RPGs on my pc but have some back logged xbox games i want to play through...also, yesterday i picked up Batman Ark Asy GOTY edition on steam for $10 and i want to use a controller to play it...unfortunately my play and charge kit does not work with PC and i dont want to buy any other controller since im planning to get the Onza. It does seem like razer has went silent on this controller since it was banned from MLG tho. Im not sure why, even if it stays banned im sure tons of peeps will still pick it up. Im assuming they are trying to find a way to do a small redesign to get it unbanned by MLG before its released because that will mean a lot more money for them.

cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cain19822004
Member since 2005 • 1382 Posts

What's MLG, and what does this ban affect, aside from the Razer Onza?

Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wopps

Major League Gaming. The ban is because of the re programmable shoulder buttons. All it means is the controller cannot be used in MLG sanctioned tournaments. I read about it and MLG claims they talked to Razer and requested a version of the controller without the extra shoulder buttons so the controller could be used but they ignored it. It kinda worked in their favor though..the slogan for the controller is something like "So good it's banned from MLG" or something like that.

Doesn't affect me though, if the controller comes out before Christmas I'll be purchasing the Tournament edition, which has an ironic name seeing as it's banned from tournaments.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

What's MLG, and what does this ban affect, aside from the Razer Onza?

cain19822004

Major League Gaming. the banning just means you can't use the Razer Onza in/at an MLG Tournament.

your regular online is fine, no one can stop you anyhow.

cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cain19822004
Member since 2005 • 1382 Posts

Ok, so the MLG had a hissy fit and threw their rattle from the pram, but why is that stopping it from going on sale to the general public?

Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wopps

It's not. People are only speculating that that's a factor of there still not being a release date this late in the year when at the event the controller was shown at, end of October was what was assumed. I'm really not sure what's up with it, nothing on the site has been updated in awhile. I'm buying the Silver Microsoft controller because I don't feel like waiting for info that may or may not come regarding this controller. Which is a shame because it looked so amazing.