Skyrim Lag Please Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phoenix345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Phoenix345
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Whenever i play Skyrim it constantly laggs in some areas (mostly big ones) while in others like houses, dungeons it almost never laggs can someone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?
Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

Whenever i play Skyrim it constantly laggs in some areas (mostly big ones) while in others like houses, dungeons it almost never laggs can someone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?Phoenix345

Get the PS3 version, it runs like butter.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Maybe a big bug in your save file. Try starting a new game and see if the same happens in one of those area's. It's still a bethesda title you know, lots of bugs. I'm sure they will patch a lot of stuff soon.
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix345"]Whenever i play Skyrim it constantly laggs in some areas (mostly big ones) while in others like houses, dungeons it almost never laggs can someone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?Headpopper333

Get the PS3 version, it runs like butter.

since it was developed on the 360 and ported to the PS3 i have a hard time believing that, plus the 360 version looks a lot better.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
It runs great for me. Do u need to delete cache or whatever like u did in older elder scrolls games?
Avatar image for 19elderscroll86
19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 19elderscroll86
Member since 2011 • 751 Posts

I have experienced next to no lag, install?

CoryMontez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CoryMontez
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
um idk about that. i have both systems and all i'll say is the xbox performance sucks with elder scrolls games. i played my cousins game on my xbox before i got my own and it lagged way sooner than the it does on the ps3. even though the ps3 lags at least it doesnt freeze like the xbox and you actually HAVE to turn off you xbox. did the same for oblivion as well. idc what anyone says chances are if it sucks for the ps3 then its gonna suck ass for the xbox. not being biased or anything since i have both systems (hated ps3 at first) but the ps3 is better at any bethesda game i've played on it compared to the xbox.
Avatar image for JusticeFromSeed
JusticeFromSeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 JusticeFromSeed
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts

Your 360 might just be having trouble. My roommates 360 couldn't handle the graphics as the CPU was older and was overheating. Seems to me you're having the same trouble. I have a newer one, and I've only ever seen any lag when I attempt to fast travel to a large area where I'm wanted. Load screen took forever, but it ran fine after that...

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
SP =/= Lag You are having frame rate issues, have you installed the game?
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#10 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

ive encountered freezing/lag once, for about 5 mins but it cleared...its not frequent

however, ive had the game crash around 5 times

Jixxerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jixxerz
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
um idk about that. i have both systems and all i'll say is the xbox performance sucks with elder scrolls games. i played my cousins game on my xbox before i got my own and it lagged way sooner than the it does on the ps3. even though the ps3 lags at least it doesnt freeze like the xbox and you actually HAVE to turn off you xbox. did the same for oblivion as well. idc what anyone says chances are if it sucks for the ps3 then its gonna suck ass for the xbox. not being biased or anything since i have both systems (hated ps3 at first) but the ps3 is better at any bethesda game i've played on it compared to the xbox.CoryMontez
Sounds more like you are trying to talk yourself into believing that. I also have both systems, and have for a long time, and to date, every game I have played on both systems always looks better on the 360. I gave my ps3 to my daughter ( she could play it anytime she wanted I just let her put it in her room) because I got tired of the 360 making my ps3 look like it had the graphics hardware out of the n64. I'm not saying the ps3 is a terd, we still use it a lot, and have a lot of fun with it. In fact, there are a few areas the ps3 beats the 360. Like the ability to use the system as a web browser, or free basic membership to the PS network. That said, the graphics department is not one of the areas it wins in. The 360 rules that world.
Avatar image for Fightthelines11
Fightthelines11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fightthelines11
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Someone please help. I just restarted my skyrim game becuase found ways level grind. Went to companions maxed my destruction magic on vikas when they ask me to show them what I got... About half way through that I noticed a 30 second lag happening every cycle magica refilled. Now im past that and going to bleak falls barrow and it seems like everyday I get on and strat playing the lag gets worse. Its to the point where im waiting a whole minute every 2 minutes for lag unfreeze so I can go. Im on xbox 360 and have all the updates and I really don't want to restart again because I have 10 hours already put into getting destruction up to 100 before really starting the story line, please any ideas to fix that?
Avatar image for Fightthelines11
Fightthelines11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fightthelines11
Also xbox is the new 250 gb only 4 months old or so but my other saved game where was much farther but not quite as skilled only takes 9mb of storage as my new one takes 43mb IDK if that matters or not but I figured I would add that to my message as well. My friend that I work with that plays also on the xbox is having the same issue as I am but he didn't do the level grinding like I did, he also has a new 250gb xbox.
Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

[QUOTE="CoryMontez"]um idk about that. i have both systems and all i'll say is the xbox performance sucks with elder scrolls games. i played my cousins game on my xbox before i got my own and it lagged way sooner than the it does on the ps3. even though the ps3 lags at least it doesnt freeze like the xbox and you actually HAVE to turn off you xbox. did the same for oblivion as well. idc what anyone says chances are if it sucks for the ps3 then its gonna suck ass for the xbox. not being biased or anything since i have both systems (hated ps3 at first) but the ps3 is better at any bethesda game i've played on it compared to the xbox.Jixxerz
Sounds more like you are trying to talk yourself into believing that. I also have both systems, and have for a long time, and to date, every game I have played on both systems always looks better on the 360. I gave my ps3 to my daughter ( she could play it anytime she wanted I just let her put it in her room) because I got tired of the 360 making my ps3 look like it had the graphics hardware out of the n64. I'm not saying the ps3 is a terd, we still use it a lot, and have a lot of fun with it. In fact, there are a few areas the ps3 beats the 360. Like the ability to use the system as a web browser, or free basic membership to the PS network. That said, the graphics department is not one of the areas it wins in. The 360 rules that world.

I really have to agree here. 360 just runs games like butta where my Ps3 is always stuttering or playing catch-up. I like my PS3 but only for a few things and 1 or 2 exclusives. Does not warrant my $250 dollar purchase last year though.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

First off, check your journal. If you have a ton of quests that you still have to do, then that is exactly your problem. See, Skyrim is a dynamic world. Whenever you accept a quest, things in the world changes. If you have a ton of quests triggered, then there will be a lot of changes in the game world and the chances for bugs, lags, and scripting errors sky rocket.

Now I played Skyrim on the PC and I had frame rate dips like you too. That's when I read an article where Todd Howard explained why the game can have numerous bugs and frame rate problems. So what I did was stop accepting quests and clearing up the quests I currently had in the journal. 5 quests later, the game is running silky smooth on my rig with no problems what so ever.

Give this a whirl and see if it makes a difference.

rajodhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rajodhi
that could work < but for me a few of quests are broken and i cant finish them and they're just stockpiled in my journal