Should M$ move on...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

krish117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 krish117
Member since 2007 • 366 Posts

Hey there!

Do you guys think that M$ should move on .. i.e, should they move on from The Halo series and focus on The Gears of War series and make it their Flagship franchise?

In other words .. Should Marcus Replace The Chief as the ''Mascot'' of Microsofts gaming Ventures (Future and Present)?

krish117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 krish117
Guys .. dont just vote...Comment as well!!
snipeshot11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 snipeshot11
Member since 2007 • 1006 Posts
OR....we could just have both games as they are BOTH excellent games.
krish117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 krish117

OR....we could just have both games as they are BOTH excellent games.snipeshot11

Although I Agree (and I was going to put in that option) .. at this point of time,we are uncertain what the future of the Halo franchise is going to be.. I mean sure ,theres Halo Wars and Halo Chronicles .. but since the current story arc is over ..(and if M$ arent going to make a Halo 4 which will also be a direct sequel to Halo3) .. we can only speculate over what is going to happen..

So lets just keep voting and posting here!

JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JuanaSmoke
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts
ms doesnt have its focus on either one...thats the developers job..bungie is focused on halo and epic is focused on gears of war...ms has nothing to do with it they publish it...what takes all the time is development.
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 jknight5422
Member since 2003 • 1992 Posts
Halo is over. Time for the young guns to move in with better games with more interesting sci-fi settings, like Mass Effect.
krish117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 krish117

ms doesnt have its focus on either one...thats the developers job..bungie is focused on halo and epic is focused on gears of war...ms has nothing to do with it they publish it...what takes all the time is development.JuanaSmoke

Well ofcourse thats true .. but you know what im talking about.. MC has been seen as the 'Official' mascot of the XBOX ever since Halo 1 released .. and obviously M$ had a hand in it .. (not that it was a bad move) .. But shouldnt they give other franchises (GeOW for instance) the opportunity to Take charge as the 'Mascot' of the XBOX .. like what Mario is to Nintendo?

Avatar image for kingcobrasoccer
kingcobrasoccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 kingcobrasoccer
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts
the thing about gears is that its not a game for everyone. Alot of people suck online because its just not the type of game that everyone can be good at like halo. In halo anyone can come in and get a couple kills and have fun but in gears if u suck u suck and most likely u wont even get one kill. But i think the halo series is to played out and every new game that comes out people are going to see it as an overrated and overhyped game. Therefore i think gears will take over as the face of the 360
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ArsenicA
Member since 2007 • 1446 Posts

the thing about gears is that its not a game for everyone. Alot of people suck online because its just not the type of game that everyone can be good at like halo. In halo anyone can come in and get a couple kills and have fun but in gears if u suck u suck and most likely u wont even get one kill. But i think the halo series is to played out and every new game that comes out people are going to see it as an overrated and overhyped game. Therefore i think gears will take over as the face of the 360kingcobrasoccer

couldnt agree more.

BIGKILLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BIGKILLA
Member since 2003 • 795 Posts
I definitely prefer Gears over Halo, but seeing as so many people love the Halo series I think they should keep it going.
sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
Halo is one of my favorite shooter series but I think its had its time in the spotlight and it should step down.....if not just to stop people from always going "omg teh haloz suxed"
MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
Gears of war is godly. M$ shouldn't ignore Halo (Halo is awesome too) but Gears has a better future IMO.
johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
i never really saw Master Chief as a mascot....Nintendo and Sega are the only two franchises that created hardware, and had a mascot to go along with them...that might be because I'm not a huge Halo fan though
SPARTAN_D7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SPARTAN_D7
Member since 2007 • 477 Posts
Halo wont be done untill they make a game (or two) that people just dont like and dont sell. They will make a few more gears games too which I'm sure will be awesome but untill they screw up halo it will stay the "flag ship" of M$. I just want to see more quality game from each.
Avatar image for thefutureofball
thefutureofball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thefutureofball
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts
my personal opinion is maybe if they make a halo 4 it should be a prequal like how metal gear did with snake eater but both games rocked anyway.........or maybe a remake of Halo 1???
xbox_psp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xbox_psp
Member since 2005 • 952 Posts
Halo is over. Time for the young guns to move in with better games with more interesting sci-fi settings, like Mass Effect.jknight5422
Agree
X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts

[QUOTE="jknight5422"]Halo is over. Time for the young guns to move in with better games with more interesting sci-fi settings, like Mass Effect.xbox_psp
Agree

I kinda agree. As long as I get one new Halo game... Rainbow six Halo. LOL!

levitius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 levitius
Member since 2005 • 862 Posts

no-one could ever fill the cheifs boots even if they wanted to

not sure how they are gonna move halo on next but i know its gonna be an exiting ride finding out

farid96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 farid96
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

have both of those games