Should i Play Assasins Creed before buying Assasins Creed 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fredpp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fredpp
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts

Should i Play Assasins Creed before buying Assasins Creed 2 i heard the first is not as good but still worth to play but is it necessary or will it make a big difference if i play the first one before playing AC2???

Thanks!!!

oUndauntedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 oUndauntedo
Member since 2009 • 84 Posts

Not really, you should be fine if you choose not to play Assassin's Creed first.

FreakShow11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 FreakShow11
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

Not really but if your gona play both why not play AC1 first.

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

I think you should. I recommend renting it since its not a very long game. Without playing Assassin's Creed one you won't really know what's going on in the second one since it picks up right where the first one leaves off. Just because people like the second one more doesn't mean that the first is bad in any way. In my opinion the first is quite good, with its flaws, but flaws that shouldn't even come close to ruining the game.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
AC2 is much better, but the story wont make much sense at first.... So just read the plot spoilers of the first if you really want to skip it :P
fredpp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fredpp

Hmmm i didnt think on renting it since RPGs are ussualy long but if its not that long i might just do that.....

DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DamianAlexander

Hmmm i didnt think on renting it since RPGs are ussualy long but if its not that long i might just do that.....

fredpp

Its not really an RPG, its more of an Action/Adventure game. The game is most likely less than ten hours if you just do the story line and forget about collecting flags and killing templars. Its seriously a good game, people really put it down for really pathetic reasons.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
If you must, then play through the story and ignore the side missions. It's a decent enough game and the sooner it's finished, the sooner you can get to the far superior second game.
fredpp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fredpp

hmm if it goes more to the action/adventure side than RPG sounds even more like something i like....i guess is more like batman?? i found that one to be really really fun i think i will be paying Blockbuster a visit today and then buy AC2 =0P thanks for the advice guys!!!!

DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DamianAlexander

hmm if it goes more to the action/adventure side than RPG sounds even more like something i like....i guess is more like batman?? i found that one to be really really fun i think i will be paying Blockbuster a visit today and then buy AC2 =0P thanks for the advice guys!!!!

fredpp

Its very much like Batman but with its own twist. Its a great way to start the series. I'm sure you'll like it. And its not anything close to a RPG, it really is Action/Adventure.

JamesIsntDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JamesIsntDead
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I loved the first game, Its beautiful and the free running is good fun, there are a number of failings that reduce its replayability as things like combat get a bit same(y). The second game is very similar except it adds more depth and the gameplay is more of an improvement than something really new. It does solve almost all the firsts problems combat is better and its even less linear. The economy system is good too but I still don't think they were thinking big enough for the second game. It could be longer and there should have been more to buy. Even so both excellent games and the storyline is very important so either play first or have a little read up