Should I get GTA4 or save for Halo: Reach?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solidskei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Solidskei
Member since 2010 • 124 Posts
I've heard GTA4 was very good but I don't know it I should get it now or save for Halo: Reach. Thoughts?
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

reach,gta 4 was boring as heck

Solidskei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Solidskei
Really? It looks fun.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

would you rather deliver packages and take taxis around all day and earn money with nothing to buy with it or play an epic FPS with customized game types, armor, abilities, co-op and designing your own maps?

Warship_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Warship_19
Member since 2010 • 1565 Posts

would you rather deliver packages and take taxis around all day and earn money with nothing to buy with it or play an epic FPS with customized game types, armor, abilities, co-op and designing your own maps?

BLAS1AN

This is a lie. GTA4 was the best game to come along in a while. Every gamer should experience its phenomenal story & Multiplayer. You won't be disappointed. buy it.

It shouldnt cost but around 20 dollars Im sure you can come up with the money for Reach.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

Warship_19

This is a lie. GTA4 was the best game to come along in a while. Every gamer should experience its phenomenal story & Multiplayer. You won't be disappointed. buy it.

chill out dude. it wasnt a lie, lol...you do that stuff in this game. Its a fine game to play but will not have you coming back for more. for like $15 now its worth a purchase. and tell me what you can buy with the money you get besides taxi fare, toll roads and weapons?, lol

Solidskei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Solidskei
Okay, I'll probably end up getting it after I get reach. Thanks guys.
IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

[QUOTE="Warship_19"][QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

BLAS1AN

chill out dude. it wasnt a lie, lol...you do that stuff in this game. Its a fine game to play but will not have you coming back for more. for like $15 now its worth a purchase. and tell me what you can buy with the money you get besides taxi fare, toll roads and weapons?, lol

What a terrible and misleading understatement. You could break down any game to make it sound lame and tedious. Halo is a game where you run around and shoot aliens. Cool.

TC, GTA is well worth the $20. The campaign is easily 30 hours long, and you get a fun multiplayer mode afterwards.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

gta 4 lol... that game really sucks to older ones... yes looks great and all that but rockstar took gta 4 too realistic and destroyed the fun for me

halo duhh better multilayer

but 4real gta4 is a game should be played but right now choosing one be halo... i already see my self playing halo reach for next 3 years just like every other game i have played.

gta4 bought it release day sold it 3 months later... gta SA funner

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

[QUOTE="Warship_19"] This is a lie. GTA4 was the best game to come along in a while. Every gamer should experience its phenomenal story & Multiplayer. You won't be disappointed. buy it. IzzieWaru

What a terrible and misleading understatement. You could break down any game to make it sound lame and tedious. Halo is a game where you run around and shoot aliens. Cool.

TC, GTA is well worth the $20. The campaign is easily 30 hours long, and you get a fun multiplayer mode afterwards.

did I ruffle someones feathers?, lol

I liked GTA4 but I feel TC will have better time with Reach. when sept 14th comes around and everyones talking about and playing reach, TC will be will be doing same missions over and over. shoot this person, drive this person and deliver this....etc

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BLAS1AN

gta 4 lol... that game really sucks to older ones... yes looks great and all that but rockstar took gta 4 too realistic and destroyed the fun for me

but 4real gta4 is a game should be played but right now choosing one be halo... i already see my self playing halo reach for next 3 years just like every other game i have played.

k2theswiss

thats what Im talking bout

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="IzzieWaru"]

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

BLAS1AN

did I ruffle someones feathers?, lol

I liked GTA4 but I feel TC will have better time with Reach. when sept 14th comes around and everyones talking about and playing reach, TC will be will be doing same missions over and over. shoot this person, drive this person and deliver this....etc

101% Epic Rightness

link716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 link716
Member since 2009 • 652 Posts

Depends if you want an open world experience where you can do whatever your heart desires, or if you want a great fps that's full of action and has great multiplayer. My choice would be Reach, personally

Solidskei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Solidskei
I really want GTA4 cause the vehicles look really awesome. And flying through the air as a ragdoll looks really epic too.
Warship_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Warship_19
Member since 2010 • 1565 Posts
I really want GTA4 cause the vehicles look really awesome. And flying through the air as a ragdoll looks really epic too.Solidskei
Then get it. Reach isn't going anywhere.
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

You haven't played GTAIV yet? I think you need to get to that now. Plus it's cheap new or used.

Solidskei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Solidskei
I've played it a little, but not much.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

You should get GTA IV as it's only $20 or $30 and sell some other games and get Reach too.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 k2theswiss

I really want GTA4 cause the vehicles look really awesome. And flying through the air as a ragdoll looks really epic too.Solidskei

ooo come did you just say that....

the vehicles you see in the game is cheap digital copy's of what you see on the street 10 years ago.

vehicles you see in halo is what is awesome warthogs with sun roofs with missile / 50 cal's/ lock on rockets, tanks(freaken rock star didn't want no tanks in NY they really destroyed the fun on that part) 4 wheelers/ choppers with 50 cal's and more.

and p.s you kinda descrived it your self... awesome vs Epic... epic totally wins that fight

why can't you get both? gta is truely cheap i bet i can win a bid on ebay for less then 10 bucks on it

gta is mainly a single player game which can be played any time... reach is more of multiplayer game that needs to be played now even though it not going anywhere till next halo

killev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 killev
Member since 2010 • 657 Posts

buy gta 4 and gat 4 episodes of liberty city both are cheap and it will keep you busy till halo reach comes out. dont listen to other guys gta 4 is epic and you should experience it. hell gta 4 was my first xbox game

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#21 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Is he serious? Wow... Reach! Trust me.
Avatar image for TheWildScotsmen
TheWildScotsmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 TheWildScotsmen
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
GTA IV is dead. I still own it, but it's dead. Just save for Reach.
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

k2theswiss

gta4 was not realistic

Solidskei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Solidskei
The thing is that I'm not that much of a multiplayer person. Sure I'll play Halo 3 and L4D online from time to time, but not that much.
Lythiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lythiris
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts

Go preorder Reach at amazon. Use the $20 games credit to buy GTA4. Problem solved.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#26 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]

Vader993

gta4 was not realistic

Not realistic? Please elaborate...
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]

Vader993

gta4 was not realistic

have you played it even look at a video?

please... it is realistic just like every other gta.. you play as a human in a real world place with real human guns, cars, speed, cops, and more, the only thing that isn't realistic is you get shot 50 times before you die because devs are smart enough to make that part unreal because you wouldn't last a second in the game if you could die in 1-2 shots.. . theirs no futuer of plasma guns or flying jet packs or unreal streagth or w/e

now tell me whats not realistic about gta?

and once again rockstar took gta4 Too realistic and took the fun out of it for me unlike the old ones

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 k2theswiss

Go preorder Reach at amazon. Use the $20 games credit to buy GTA4. Problem solved.

Lythiris
haha ya
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#29 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
How are we supposed to know? How much do you like Halo? How much do you like Grand Theft Auto. I'd say if you aren't too particular to one of them then just go ahead and Get GTA IV since it's cheaper, then once you're done with it go get Reach, if you're lucky, by then there may be some deals. Don't worry, Reach's community wont go anywhere and maybe by the time you get it any possible glitches will be patched up and your experience will be all the better for it.
Solidskei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Solidskei
Alright. I think I'll get GTA4 first. Thanks guys. Uh, how do you lock topics?
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 k2theswiss
[QUOTE="vashkey"]How are we supposed to know? How much do you like Halo? How much do you like Grand Theft Auto. I'd say if you aren't too particular to one of them then just go ahead and Get GTA IV since it's cheaper, then once you're done with it go get Reach, if you're lucky, by then there may be some deals. Don't worry, Reach's community wont go anywhere and maybe by the time you get it any possible glitches will be patched up and your experience will be all the better for it.

glitchs haha bungie isn't infinity ward... that takes 5 months to fix 10% of it issues and 10 months later still don't game the bugs that damange the game fixxed
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 k2theswiss
[QUOTE="Solidskei"]Alright. I think I'll get GTA4 first. Thanks guys. Uh, how do you lock topics?

idk go to your first post and in the topic write mod lock topic.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

GTAIV was horrible. Get Reach.

The-Tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The-Tree
Member since 2010 • 3315 Posts
Save for Reach, then buy GTA IV when you have enough money later, because they are both amazing games.
jirca87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jirca87
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

I'd say Reach. GTAIV was a step in the wrong direction for GTA and got rid of a lot of the fun factor that VC and SA had going for them. If anything, you should get Episodes from Liberty City instead, as TBoGT is worth the price of that alone.

Raiden004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 Raiden004
Member since 2009 • 1605 Posts

Wait 3 more weeks for halo reach to come out. Its gonna be good, no its gonna great, fantastic. Wait on GTA4. Or you got 80 or 90 bucks on you get both at the same time. :D

max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

i hated Gta 4. it was so boring and crap in my opinion

childe_roland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 childe_roland
Member since 2003 • 2542 Posts

GTA4 is an excellent tongue in cheek recreation of a pop culture centered society, toss into the mix a character who comes from a place very different than the version of North America that Rockstar created and you've got the base for an excellent story with some interesting character development.

The soundtrack is superb and the city lives and breathes in a way few, if any, pixel society's do. The visuals were incredible for the time the game was released and still hold strong to todays standards. The art direction is second to none with an incredibly full featured and hilarious world wide web, television shows, radio talk shows and advertising that will make you think twice about what you see on billboards in your day to day life.

This is all tip of the ice burg stuff, Liberty city is a place that ANYONE who enjoys video games on any level needs to explore, if only from the standpoint of an onlooker in a museum. All in all, regardless of what the naysayers tell you, for $20 you can't do any better.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#39 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Seeing as how you waited this long to get GTA IV, I would just get Halo Reach and then play GTA IV later. Or buy both. GTA IV is really really cheap now.
jirca87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jirca87
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

The soundtrack is superb...childe_roland

Did we play the same game? Or did you just have itunes playing in the background? In that case it had an awesome soundtrack and so does Wii Sports Otherwise, the GTAIV I played had a horrid soundtrack.

All in all, regardless of what the naysayers tell you, for $20 you can't do any better.

childe_roland

BioShock, Mass Effect, The Orange Box, Dead Space, Saints Row 2, Bully, Assassin's Creed... Those are just a handful of the games for $20that you would be better off with than GTA4.

IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

[QUOTE="childe_roland"]

The soundtrack is superb...jirca87

Did we play the same game? Or did you just have itunes playing in the background? In that case it had an awesome soundtrack and so does Wii Sports Otherwise, the GTAIV I played had a horrid soundtrack.

All in all, regardless of what the naysayers tell you, for $20 you can't do any better.

childe_roland

BioShock, Mass Effect, The Orange Box, Dead Space, Saints Row 2, Bully, Assassin's Creed... Those are just a handful of the games for $20that you would be better off with than GTA4.

Orange Box is fail on Xbox. Saints Row, Bully, and AC1 aren't exactly winners either.

hornster67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hornster67
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts

This is a Very Hard Question because these games are totally different,what is your budget ? Personally i would go for GTAIV because i like more realistic games than shooting aliens and pieces of goo :D GTAIV has got a gr8 story and good Multiplayer , but Halo Reach Aint out Yet so They might change something Big and It might be terrible which would totally spoil it.On the other hand GTAIV you know that something didnt spoil it and people do like GTAIV so that shows that it is a Good expereience

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
GTA 4 its huge game go and buy this game
childe_roland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 childe_roland
Member since 2003 • 2542 Posts

[QUOTE="childe_roland"]

The soundtrack is superb...jirca87

childe_roland

As far as the soundtrack goes... I guess you have a pretty terrible taste in music? What can I say? Since when did Bob Marley, John Coltrane, Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, David Bowie, ZZ Top, The Who, Queen, Black Sabbath, Iggy Pop, LCD Soundsystem, The Black Keys and Greenskeepers account for a "horrid soundtrack"? Are you kidding me?

And for the games you recommended instead? Wow, Saints Row, the original Assassins Creed?!?! Take a look at the reviews, just for fun, did any of the choices you made score as high on Gamerankings as GTA4? I doubt it. I wonder why? Do you think it's because GTA4 is overhyped? Maybe ALL of the reviewers were paid off, or maybe you just weren't able to wrap your head around the masterpiece that this game was and still is and should just walk away knowing you'll never "get it". The game scored high across the board for a reason, sure some people may not like it, some might hate it even, but judging by the comments you've posted I'm guessing the dislike you feel towards Rockstars opus is pretty blind.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Please use the stickied Xbox 360 game recommendations thread at the top of the page for advice on what game(s) to get.

Thanks!