Should I buy Max Payne 3 or Ghost Recon Future Solider ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for djshowstopper87
djshowstopper87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 djshowstopper87
Member since 2012 • 417 Posts

Okay I am looking to buy a new game today and I need help on deciding on which one I should buy. I heard good things from both games but I am wondering on which one that would last me the longest. I heard Max Paynes single playe is 12 hours and the muliplayer is so so. Ghost Recon I heard was okay. Should I just rent one and buy the other? Any advise would be great. Thanks in advance.

Avatar image for djshowstopper87
djshowstopper87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 djshowstopper87
Member since 2012 • 417 Posts

anyone?

Modern_Fit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Modern_Fit
Member since 2012 • 146 Posts
I prefer neither one of those, you would do better with just saving your money for a better game.
ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2291 Posts
If I had to choose I'd go with Max. I just prefer that genre over Ghost. They are both two completely different games so keep that in mind :)
01keegan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#5 01keegan
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts

tryout Max Payne 3

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

I vote Max Payne 3, single player is lots of fun, multiplayer is forgetable. rent it if possible...
ghost recon's never interested me

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Max Payne 3 easily.

Ghost Recon has fun online, but terrible single player. Max Payne 3 has great single player and great multiplayer, with amazing graphics and writing as well. Its probably my favorite game thus far this year.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Both games are probably headed for some 40 dollar sales very soon, based on recent NPD. I'd wait it out.
ryanweinmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ryanweinmann
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts

max payne 3 multiplayer is garbage but single-player is pretty awesome.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#10 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I personally would go with Max Payne, it has the better campaign and storyline. And from what I hear the multiplayer is great.

I'm not really much of a fan of Ghost Recon, but I love Rockstar games.

XxTerryHxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XxTerryHxX
Member since 2011 • 47 Posts

I would go with Ghost Recon. i have not played neither of the 2 games but i think Ghost Recon would have better replay value, ive heard the max payne 3 multiplayer is not anything special. so Ghost Recon IMO.

Hughmanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hughmanoid
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of games you like, but I would personaly go for Max Payne 3. Only because I prefer playing on my own, so I consider SP more important than MP. If you like MP though, I'd say go for Future Soldier.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
Having played both for several hrs. I can assure you Ghost Recon is the better game. Max Payne feels like it was designed by the Dept of Redundancy Dept. I got bored and never finished it.
hardyz200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 hardyz200
Member since 2010 • 543 Posts
If you have heaps of friends who have ghost recon get that however if not its boring pretty fast and Max payne 3 has got one of the best single player experiences ever id go with max payne 3
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

max payne 3 multiplayer is garbage but single-player is pretty awesome.

ryanweinmann
I'm having fun with it and I havent played MP since Day of defeat
xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

I played the beta for GRFS multiplayer and yes it was fun. However Max Payne 3 is a GOTY contender and a must buy for 2012 if you ask me so make your mind up!

ryanweinmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ryanweinmann
Don't know, I just think the weapon mechanics and the respawn is mess up. Seem like all the dual weapon are more powerful than most of the rifles.
brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

Dont listen to anyone recommending Trash Payne 3, im sorry but you would easily regret it.

May Payne is nothing but a linear generic shooter with little to no gameplay & no variety. Ghost Recon would be a much better purchase. It has more replay value, a great campaign with varied gameplay, big open levels, variety in its environments, stealth, 4 player coop, & multiplayer.

GRFS has much more to offer & what is there is much better than MP3s mediocre campaign. Trust me.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

Haven't played Ghost Recon, but MP3 is alright. The singleplayer is a really fun game up until the last couple of missions, where it just gets so ridiculous it starts becoming frustrating. There also isn't a whole lot of incentive in going through the campaign again anytime soon, unless you like collectables. It's a pretty linear game, so there isn't anything different that will happen for the most part. I guess if you like doing time trials and stuff, but those things aren't interesting to me.

The multiplayer was pretty great at first for me personally, but as a week or so passed, it seemed to get worse. I noticed really bad lag, hit detection, and glitches quite often. Not only that, but the people who must have no life had already gotten to almost the max level, and therefore had way more of an advantage. You don't get most "good" unlocks until the later levels, and it takes a hell of a long time to level up in my experience. There are also only something like 5 or 6 maps, and the best mode, Gang Wars, only uses 3 or 4 of them. So the map variety gets old fast. A lot of people try and play this game like COD and camp with sniper rifles/long range weapons (the default rifle, the Mini-30, is one of the strongest weapons), making it extremely annoying when it seems like I can't go anywhere without getting shot right away.

The controls are very clunky. I can handle it in the singleplayer, even though it gets annoying sometimes, but it's very frustrating in multiplayer. I can barely throw grenades in the right place half the time because of the clunkiness, and movement is just a pain in the ass quite often.

This is just my personal opinion. I know some will disagree, while others may agree. If you're only interested in the SP, then rent it. If multiplayer interests you, then wait for a price drop. It isn't worth $60, at least not to me.

harunpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 harunpark
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Today one can find plethora of such car rushing games, bicycle games and other types of high end games available over the internet. Once there was a time when people used to play the games in the computer because the games could not grant the indispensable elements that are required to make one feel the adventure and exhilaration of the games. But if you hit an website racing games to play the games, you will find thousands across the globe playing some popular bicycle or car games. The on the internet bicycle games and car rushing games have evolved a lot.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I heard they weren't that good.

Rent em

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Max Payne 3

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HilbillyRokstar

I heard they weren't that good.

Rent em

ZombieKiller7
GRFS is excellent. If you like guns and co op, that is.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Max Payne 3 for sure.

Best TPS gameplay I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

Single player is great and contrary to what other people here are saying the multiplayer is also oodles of fun.

Honestly Max is probably the best game to come out so far this year.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
You can't go wrong with either.
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Max Payne by miles and miles and miles. Everything about it is better, including multiplayer.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HilbillyRokstar

Max Payne by miles and miles and miles. Everything about it is better, including multiplayer.

destinhpark
I couldn't disagree more. Have you even played both games? Something tells me you haven't. . .
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts

[QUOTE="destinhpark"]

HilbillyRokstar

I couldn't disagree more. Have you even played both games? Something tells me you haven't. . .

Max Payne 3 is the better game, but again it just comes down to preference and whether or not you want a tactical shooter or not.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
both
ryanweinmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ryanweinmann

Depends what kind of game you want.

Max Payne single player is a linear story although you can go into bullet time. Multiplayer is pretty much like GTA IV but with little upgrade for GTA IV. multiplayer have a quite few of bugs also the single player does to.

As for Ghost Recon, the single is pretty kewl. You can have 4 player coop, and pretty kewl devices. I multiplayer is not to bad but haven't really been playing it. the last time I played multiplayer have quite few bugs also.

bigpapi342007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bigpapi342007
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
Max Payne 3 for sure, Awesome campaign and fun multiplayer
shadow_Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#32 shadow_Metroid
Member since 2005 • 1631 Posts

Ghost Recon Future Solider

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

[QUOTE="destinhpark"]

HilbillyRokstar

Unfortunately I have played both games. I'm a HUGE fan of the GRAW games, and when this came in the mail from gamefly my heart sank. The changes they made for Future Soldier were only for the worse, and I gave it a good four days (3-5 hours a day) to see if I could make myself get into it but in the end it was more generic and forgettable than the recent installment of Max Payne.