Shooters getting out of hand?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerTron0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerTron0
Member since 2008 • 561 Posts

Do you think the lastest shooters are getting out of hand? Like Gears 2 looks too bloody and COD5 looks overated. When you look at the shooters of yesteryear it was just shoot anything you see dose not matter waht gun you have just shoot. I think todays shooters are overated and way to bloody, and im a retro gamer.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I stopped playing shooters for a while ever since I was a hardcore CS player.

but now looking at the shooters on 360 I'm pretty happy -- I think Gears 2 looks really good and I can't wait for COD World at War -- I don't think they're over rated, granted, I haven't been into shooters for a while now.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#3 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts
How is CoD:WaW overrated as many people who like the game that equal number of people also hate it
guitardude1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 guitardude1243
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts
I think shooters now are just fine, considering I only started on 007: Golden Eye, but my dad has shown me all the old arcade "shooters" if you consider them so, and they are just fine too, it depends on your taste my friend.
GridironKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 GridironKing
Member since 2008 • 353 Posts
I think shooter games are alright in my book.
mdmilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 mdmilius
Member since 2004 • 132 Posts

I have to disagree. Shooters are my favorite genre and I am looking forward to both Gears 2 and COD 5. I do not think that shooters are any more violent than other games like Ninja Gaiden, God of War, etc.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Shooters are ok but i'm getting sick of them. The only shooter i'm enjoying right now is TF2.
Sub-ZeroJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Sub-ZeroJoe
Member since 2007 • 377 Posts
I disagree. There a lot of great shooters coming out like Gears 2, FarCry 2, Resistance 2, etc. To each his own. Personally i enjoy every type of genre of games except for real time strategy games.
soulicro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 soulicro1
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

I think game companies, regarding shooters specifically, are focusing on one thing at a time. For example, first it was perfecting the HUD. Then the weapons. Then the game mechanics themselves (cover systems, squad-based combat, multiplayer, etc). Then it was the graphics. What seems to bother you in the gore.. which comes as a 2nd step to creating fictional reality (you know, Gears 2 LOOKS like it could happen, but **** me if our soldiers start wearing combat suits that are 3 times their size and still be able to sprint and hop over **** with one arm.. let alone equip chainsaws to their rifles).

Anyway, all these games usually have an option to turn off the gore, if thats whats bothering you. But shooters arent getting out of hand.. they're getting developed with a more, uhm, open-minded, liberal, and tolerant approach :]

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
read my latest blog if u want my thoughts on what graphics have and can do to peoples minds
batsy4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 batsy4life
Member since 2007 • 815 Posts
Shooters have become very entertaining (violence = good) but it seems like only shooters do well as far as ratings go and therefore get the attention, while other genres are just given the cold shoulder (fighters for instance)
g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 g5velocity
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts

They're not bloody enough, actually. I want more details and s**t! Like decapitations, face caved in, bullet exit wounds, broken limbs, more realistic screams of pain and cries for help. Gun shot wounds have to be more realistic as well, you get shot in the head you go down instantly, etc.

Have a nice day! NEXT!

Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts
I think the TC is sqeamish
eagles_band

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 eagles_band
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts

You think shooters are getting out of hand because they're too bloody and COD 5 is overrated? Pretty Convincing....

There are a ton of shooters out there that are plain, its hard to innovate in the shooter genre, but there are still a lot of great looking shooters coming out.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#15 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

They're not bloody enough, actually. I want more details and s**t! Like decapitations, face caved in, bullet exit wounds, broken limbs, more realistic screams of pain and cries for help. Gun shot wounds have to be more realistic as well, you get shot in the head you go down instantly, etc.

Have a nice day! NEXT!

g5velocity

That's easy get a headset play CSS and listen to angry players do all of the things you just listed and you'll get your fair share of realism.

hillam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hillam
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts
this is realy simple..we like shooting people and blood..if u dont..dont play them
iareconfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iareconfuse
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts

Something tells me that the OP doesn't know what overrated means.

Shooters aren't getting out of hand at all. People love the bloody mess they create. You should probably never buy Bioshock or Dead Space, and many other bloody, gory, and over the top shooters if you think that the violence is becoming too intense.

hillam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hillam
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts
i agree and tbh i would love more violance and sex in adult games..im over 18 if films have ity not games...ong gta i like seting hookers on fire..we all need a hobby >.>
PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts
Shooting games are great to me. I plan on buying Far Cry 2 and CoD WaW.
Avatar image for Darkstar_Sinada
Darkstar_Sinada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#20 Darkstar_Sinada
Member since 2003 • 1072 Posts

Do you think the lastest shooters are getting out of hand? Like Gears 2 looks too bloody and COD5 looks overated. When you look at the shooters of yesteryear it was just shoot anything you see dose not matter waht gun you have just shoot. I think todays shooters are overated and way to bloody, and im a retro gamer.

GamerTron0

Nope. First of all, COD: World at War (that's what I assume you are talking about) isn't even out yet, so how is it over-rated? And even old-school shooters it does matter what gun you have, trying using the chainsaw in Doom like it's a rocket launcher, or visa-versa. Get back to me on how well that works.

TheIronLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 TheIronLotus
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

im more of an rpg fan so im just tired of sooooo many shooters.

theres maybe 1 good rpg that comes out per ever 5 or more shooters

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#22 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

The only online shooter that hasnt got boring to me is Team Fortress 2 on PC. (as for singleplayer ones i still love crysis, crysis:warhead, The Darkness and a few others)

Also Shadowrun and vegas 2 i still enjoy aswell.

Halo3 is good from time to time, and i use to enjoy cod4, but it got boring after a few months.

Im REALLY looking forward to LEFT4DEAD and Farcry 2 though, they look like alot of fun.

RPGS are my fav genre and FPS is my 2nd fav, so yes some of todays shooters im not enjoying as much as others, but there are still soem godo singleplayer and online shooters out there.

Avatar image for VIRGIN_ISLANDER
VIRGIN_ISLANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 VIRGIN_ISLANDER
Member since 2008 • 447 Posts

GamerTron0
Hmm...here's a thought...why dont you just get yourself a Wii or a DS or somthing...lol...
Tiger_Raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tiger_Raid
Member since 2008 • 304 Posts

GamerTron0
and you're crying because why...?
fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 fkholmes
Member since 2006 • 8887 Posts
Shooters are getting better and better. The only shooters from pre-Half Life 2 that I can really get into are Halo 1 and Half-Life 1.
RCFTechOn3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RCFTechOn3
Member since 2007 • 222 Posts
what gears of war 2 being to bloody what are you 12 lol go buy a wii o wait im sorry a toy (wii):lol:
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#27 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I actually love the shooters of today more so than the shooters of yesteryear or whatever. Honestly, ever since Halo came out in 2001 the overall quality of FPS games, particularly on consoles has just been phenomenal.

I mean, yes, some stuff is generic, but damn, I was showing off my shooters to my friend, because he just got a 360 with Call of Duty, and there are so many fascinating games from Halo 3, The Orange Box (all of the games were excellent, so it's easier to just say Orange Box rather than list the games individually), BioShock, CoD4, F.E.A.R. (though the PC version is the best out of all of them for this one), Rainbow Six Vegas, Gears of War, I mean, the recent shooters of today are spectacular. Yeah, generic crap like Quake IV or Fracture come in too, but the amount of killer shooters released per year is insane, and what's crazier is how good all of them are. Look at the games I listed here, all of them are completely different from one another, from Halo 3's play the combat any way you want, to CoD4's tightly scripted fights, to F.E.A.R.'s cinematic shootouts, to BioShock's lovingly created world, to Vegas' tactical action and Gears' stop and pop intensity and Half-Life 2's (The Orange Box) thinking man shooter intensity. They're all unique and awesome.

I don't see how anyone can't enjoy the shooters of today, there's something for almost everyone. And of course, for shooters fans like me, there's just about everything. :P

GamerTron0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GamerTron0
OK GUYS!! YOU ALL THINK IM SOME LITTLE 12 YEAR OLD BABY THAT CANT HANDLE BLOOD AND DOSENT LIKE HALO OR GEARS OF WAR. I LOVE SHOOTERS ITS JUST I DONT LIKE SEEING PEOPLES HEADS FLY OFF OR SEEING THEM TURN INTO A BIG BLOOD PUDDLE!! ALTHOUGH THE SHOOTERS I DO LIKE ARE, HALF LIFE 2, GHOST RECON, BATTLEFIELD, AND IF ONLY ITS GOOD MEDAL OF HONOR, I PLAYED ALL 3 HALO GAMES AND I THOUGHT THEY WERE NO DIFFERENT FROM ANY OTHER SHOOTER! SO GET OFF MY CASE MY THINKING OR CALLING ME A SOME BABY! IM NOT!! ok thats it. Oh shortly after i posted i played CODwaw demo and i no longer thinks it overated i think its awesome!!
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
i love shooters just like anybody else but there are some shooters that i don't like and some shooters that i do like. I like far cry instincts, i like halo, and i'm looking forward to far cry 2 and killzone 2.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts

nah...shooters r still very cool, come on farcry2 gow2 cod5 just for some coming big games

i don´t know i think there is a different opinion in everyone

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

They're fine to me. They keep getting better and better. Gore and blood have always been in the picture. I don't see how it's different in today's standards. It's part of the game, fantasy combined with realism. You acn always turn off the blood.

I don't think COD5 is overrated.

6constantine9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 6constantine9
Member since 2007 • 322 Posts

GamerTron0

1) Shooters are supposed to be bloody... What do you want, waterguns in FPSs?

2) Over-rated...? Firstly, it isn't out yet, so you can't judge it (I'm not a CoD-fanboy, BTW...). And one game being over-rated doesn't negate the other ten awesome shooters in a four month period.

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

Who plays a game and says: "Oh dear this is far to bloody, that's reallyunnecessary, poor show."

What's wrong with a bit of blood?

Avatar image for a_beautiful_lie
a_beautiful_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 a_beautiful_lie
Member since 2003 • 507 Posts

Fair enough. I disagree, though. I don't like GoW, but I think a lot of other shooters have been really good recently

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts

Gears 2 looks great. It's a shooter, it's bound to have violence.

And COD WaW isn't overrated, you know how many people seem to hate it because it's in WW2 again?

Really though if anyone here had to choose between DOOM and Gears of War 2 we'd all pick Gears of War 2. Shooters are one of the few game genres that has improved over the years. Shooters now days are much better than they were.

Atreyu606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 Atreyu606
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts

GamerTron0

gears of wars blood is meant to be "HAHAH you just got freakin' PWN'D hahah" not "eww look at all the disgusting blood". Its all in fun, and if you don't FPS are fun anymore, play something else :)

oneofthefall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 oneofthefall
Member since 2008 • 494 Posts

The idea of shooters is to shoot and kill the Enemy NOT slap him with a big pink glove! so do i think shooters are out of hand... not really maybe if your a 10 year old little girl scared of blood then yes.. but ten year olds shouldnt be playing shooters in the 1st place!

Games need progression and more immersion and a Horror movie is far more Graphic to a computer Game so if you dont like it dont play it and dont spoil it for everyone else, theres plenty of other games out there like Barbie horse Adventures! my Question to you is do you prefer a Chick flick to a Good War Movie?

Its angers me when parents complain about games being to Graphic for theres kids! but if your a parent stupid enough to buy a 10 year old a 18 age rating game then moan about it.. then look at it in this contex would you be happy to give your kid a beer and a bottle of whisky........... FAIL

XboxFanboy24_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 XboxFanboy24_7
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts

No not really Gears 2 is awsome and other shooting games are 2. But thiers one thing that those old shooting games didnt really have was online play. Put Quake 3 Arena on XboxLive ill Frag all u guys. that games awsome.

HiTmAnx84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HiTmAnx84
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
shooters are the best kind of games and the most fun
HiTmAnx84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HiTmAnx84
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
shooters are the best kind of games and the most fun
GamerTron0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GamerTron0
I pretty sure you did not read my commit, but i'll tell you i love shooters and my favorite one's are ghost recon, medal of honor, i played All 3 halo games they were good but not great or at least i thought that way. Im not into seeing peoples heads fly or having turn into a pile of blood. With all these next gen graphics making them look almost real i would not want to do that. AND IM 14 NOT 12 OR 10!!!!!
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Its a free country; there's no such thing as out of hand really if there was never a controlling hand in the first place. If Gears 3 wants to let you rape people to death, under our constitution its allowed. Its the consumers who want bloody games like Gears 2 in the first place, devs are just meeting our wishes.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#44 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
I pretty sure you did not read my commit, but i'll tell you i love shooters and my favorite one's are ghost recon, medal of honor, i played All 3 halo games they were good but not great or at least i thought that way. Im not into seeing peoples heads fly or having turn into a pile of blood. With all these next gen graphics making them look almost real i would not want to do that. AND IM 14 NOT 12 OR 10!!!!!GamerTron0
Your 14, no wonder you don't like M-Rated games. It's best to avoid those(bloody) games and if you didn't already know, Gears 2 is going to allow you to turn the blood off.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mitu123
Bump.
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
hey you took my pic!
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i strongly disagree with you...i'm excited for all these new shooters...and cod5 overrated?...are you joking?...every time i read a comment someone left about cod5, it's always negative
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerTron0"]I pretty sure you did not read my commit, but i'll tell you i love shooters and my favorite one's are ghost recon, medal of honor, i played All 3 halo games they were good but not great or at least i thought that way. Im not into seeing peoples heads fly or having turn into a pile of blood. With all these next gen graphics making them look almost real i would not want to do that. AND IM 14 NOT 12 OR 10!!!!!mitu123
Your 14, no wonder you don't like M-Rated games. It's best to avoid those(bloody) games and if you didn't already know, Gears 2 is going to allow you to turn the blood off.

no im the 14 yr old. he stole my pic. :(
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mitu123
hey you took my pic! dkdk999
You mean the Joanna Dark one?
YankeeDan345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 YankeeDan345
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

Oh I wish we'd go back to the days of Doom 2 where i couldn't look up or down! Walk in, point, shoot, oh yeah!

Sarcasm.

Mind you, i LOVEd Doom 2, it will forever have a place in my littler gamer heart, but seriously, shooters today have greatly improved.