Shadowrun can do for the 360 what Quake III did for PC's

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pope_3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Pope_3000
Member since 2006 • 751 Posts

I think Sahdowrun has the potential to become the signature Multiplayer game on the 360 for years too come just as Quake III did for PC's

THOUGHT'S?

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
I agree. I couldn't believe how much Quake 3 did for PC's!!! That game was/is a great game!!! Shadowrun looks like a fast paced shooter that brings some very original ideas to the shooter genre. I can't wait to try the game out!
fleasquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 fleasquire
Member since 2004 • 2001 Posts
Eh, I dont think so. The game is fun, but I think Halo will always be the signature Xbox multiplayer game, regardless of someones feelings about it. Im in the Shadowrun beta, and my main complaint about the game is that it seems too arcadey for its own good. The powers work great and are very balanced, but the shooting just isnt fun. Ill definitely give the final game a try, but Im not expecting anything to really blow me away like Halo did.
Baroncx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Baroncx
Member since 2006 • 216 Posts

I think Sahdowrun has the potential to become the signature Multiplayer game on the 360 for years too come just as Quake III did for PC's

THOUGHT'S?

Pope_3000

doubtful. dont think the whole magic thing will work in a fast paced online fps. 

Pwnager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Pwnager
Member since 2004 • 1947 Posts
I think its really just trying to set the bar for 360 players playing with PC players at the same time. I'm actually really interested to see how that works out in the future.
bradenzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 bradenzzz
Member since 2004 • 2439 Posts

Eh, I dont think so. The game is fun, but I think Halo will always be the signature Xbox multiplayer game, regardless of someones feelings about it. Im in the Shadowrun beta, and my main complaint about the game is that it seems too arcadey for its own good. The powers work great and are very balanced, but the shooting just isnt fun. Ill definitely give the final game a try, but Im not expecting anything to really blow me away like Halo did.fleasquire

really agree with ya on that one. shadowrun has potential to be memorable, but im not gonna say groundbreaking. chances are, it wont be on the news and servers wont crash, but it will be a heck of alot of fun 

XlpranksterlX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XlpranksterlX
Member since 2005 • 7438 Posts
I don't think so. Until I see this game selling well I'm calling flop.
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
I have never liked a single thing about the game. Nothing looks inspired. I really doubt it will sell. There are too many games that are far better.
-CMG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -CMG-
Member since 2002 • 4804 Posts
From the name to everything else I have seen of this title its stinks of floppage.
RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#10 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
The only thing that really bugs me about it is the way the devs talk like it reinvents the wheel
Progn0sticator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Progn0sticator
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts
Guess we'll have to wait and see, I personally don't think Shadowrun will be as popular on 360 as QIII was on PC's, but I definitely think it will be a fun and interesting game. I think Halo 3 is going to do to 360 like what Halo 2 did for Xbox personally...
Angarah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Angarah
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

The only thing that really bugs me about it is the way the devs talk like it reinvents the wheelRebornInFlames

Their salary depends on this game selling, of course they're going to hype it.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
I think Too Human will do more than Shadowrun because it's a different genre. We don't have a multiplayer Diablo II type game on the 360 yet, we do have an excellent first person shooter in the form of Gears of War. Also, Halo 3 will dominate the FPS market on the 360 for years after it comes out - even the flawed Halo 2 is doing amazingly well after all these years, and I still play Halo CE on my PC every now and then.
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#14 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
I'm pretty sure Halo 3 will overshadow it on the MP part. Not that Shadowrun doesn't look like it's fun and all, but if Bungie manages to replicate even half of what made Halo 2's MP so popular, Halo 3 will rule over all.
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
I have to say I'm really interested by shadow run ... but lets see how that pans out! But I think as far as anyone that frequents these boards on a regular occassion is concerned, Halo 3 will be the big one ...
madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts
I think shadowrun will be a pretty good game but nothing spectacular. I doubt that it will be as popular as quake 3 was on PC.
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#17 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts

THOUGHT'S?

Pope_3000

yeah, unless it sucks 

_Stuff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _Stuff_
Member since 2004 • 1244 Posts

Maybe. It still won't match the "CS" of Xbox Live, Halo.  It doesn't help that Shadowrun isn't garnering much hype at all.

ryan_bow_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 ryan_bow_100
Member since 2006 • 233 Posts

THOUGHT'S?

Pope_3000

Are you forgetting Unreal Tournament 3? Now theres a game so fast paced I wouldnt recomend it to the faint hearted!

WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts
Shadowrun looks fun but Im pretty sure I will sit on the shelf after halo3 is released.
dcap8424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 dcap8424
Member since 2006 • 806 Posts

I think Too Human will do more than Shadowrun because it's a different genre. We don't have a multiplayer Diablo II type game on the 360 yet, we do have an excellent first person shooter in the form of Gears of War. Also, Halo 3 will dominate the FPS market on the 360 for years after it comes out - even the flawed Halo 2 is doing amazingly well after all these years, and I still play Halo CE on my PC every now and then.subrosian

too human will be good... but gears of war is not a first person shooter, is it that hard to understand it's in third person?

jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
[QUOTE="Pope_3000"]

THOUGHT'S?

Baroncx

doubtful. dont think the whole magic thing will work in a fast paced online fps.

The magic "thing" works perfectly actually.  I have been playing the beta of game for a few weeks and I can say that the magic and tech things work seamlessly.  Add all that together with the value of staying alive (there are no respawns in rounds, but you can be resurrected) lead to some great action.  The game very elegantly makes it so you have to use magic and teamwork effectively to win.  

At this point I'm definitely looking forward to Shadowrun, Team Fortress 2 and Halo 3 in that order.   

jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Maybe. It still won't match the "CS" of Xbox Live, Halo. It doesn't help that Shadowrun isn't garnering much hype at all.

_Stuff_

If Halo 3 wins out over Shadowrun, which it probably will, it will be based on Halo 3's name, not necessarily gameplay, unless Bungie has really revamped the gameplay.  Shadowrun really revitalizes FPS gameplay with so many options on how to play each game.  Halo 2, to me, is now much less spectacular after playing Shadowrun because Halo 2 is very much the same each time, very little unexpected stuff happens.  

For example tho, in Shadowrun, you can approach an elf and shoot him only to have him teleport behind you and slash you with a katana, OR he could summon a minion at your feet giving you another enemy to worry about, or the Elf could escape completely with a nice teleport or effect use of the ghost skill.  You, of course, can counter that, especially as a dwarf by stealing all his essence, or you can chase him using teleport yourself, gusting when he uses ghost, or simply running after him using wired reflexes.  

This game is legit, don't downplay it yet simply becuase its new and you haven't played it. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
I hope Shadowrun will be awesome, but I doubt it will beat Halo 3.  Halo already has a huge following, and will sell better and be played more than Shadowrun even if Shadowrun has more impressive gameplay.
Pope_3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pope_3000
Member since 2006 • 751 Posts
BUMP!
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts

THOUGHT'S?

Pope_3000
ummm   epic beat the heck out if id with unreal tournament.  people are still playing unreal tournament,  with a new one coming later this year.  i liked q3,  just not as much as ut,  and the mods for ut.
Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

As much as I hate Quake 3 (Half Life was 100000x better online with the innovation of Mods like Counter-Strike)

It COULD be true.  However I dont know if I truely believe Shadowrun will be a good game.  It has unimpressed me so far with the developer movies and trailers.

samandari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 samandari
Member since 2005 • 286 Posts

I am in the beta i dont really like to much its fun BUT a huge MEH no way on par wit quake on pc

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
No way,shadorun looks like a flop to me