Sad sad day for 360 owners

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

samandari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 samandari
Member since 2005 • 286 Posts
My 360 broke today =( no ring of death for me .....My tray wont go in.....this is my second one =(
luke182777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 luke182777
Member since 2005 • 3070 Posts
not a sad day for me!! :D
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
Been there man, it sucks, but perhaps this is better suited to your blog instead of a public forum? It's all good though, I feel your pain. I hope it all works out for you.
carnage2k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 carnage2k9
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts

i know how it feels man im on my second console too. if it breaks i might just give another company a try not gonna buy a 360 for the third time.

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
I'm a 360 owner and my day was great, slept in and got my kitty back from the vet
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
that sux, do you still have a warranty, if so send it back
samandari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 samandari
Member since 2005 • 286 Posts
Yea i am getting the coffin in a few days =( does any one know how long does it usally take ?
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
Yea i am getting the coffin in a few days =( does any one know how long does it usally take ?samandari

It all depends where you live I think, my buddy here in Edmonton had his sent and got it back in 2 weeks
Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Danold
Member since 2005 • 3174 Posts
2-3 weeks till you get the 360 back. 3-5 days till you recieve the coffin.
jredwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jredwood
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
about two weeks to get it repaired and sent back
carnage2k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 carnage2k9
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
Yea i am getting the coffin in a few days =( does any one know how long does it usally take ?samandari
1 or 1 1/2 weeks 2 weeks max if it takes that long yell at them and your repair should be free
TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts
Mine broke a week ago tomorrow and still no coffin. Piece of crap is just sitting here. Why are so many breaking, literally almost every 360 owner seems to have had a problem with it sometime during its lifetime.
HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 HaDoKeN_NaTe
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts
yea sorry for u buddy its a sad day for...u...but i got ranked up last match yay in gears
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
*Morn's the loss* ... I'm sorry for you fella! Every day I know I should purchase an extended warrenty ....
AgileNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AgileNate
Member since 2003 • 2999 Posts
My tray gives me a hard time sometimes but it still works. One time I had the rings of death and the USB slots stopped working but all I had to do is unplugg it to reset it and then worked fine.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
My sad day was a week ago exactly. What a sad day indeed. :(
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

My 360 broke today =( no ring of death for me .....My tray wont go in.....this is my second one =( samandari

you should've put for the thread " a sad sad day for me" cuz were not sad.

MorkkiTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 6

#20 MorkkiTH
Member since 2005 • 828 Posts
Bad day for you :/
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
Thats 360 for you. Always breaks...you think by now they would've fixed that problem...im on my third one. If this one breaks, im not getting another one....
AnubanUT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AnubanUT
Member since 2006 • 3276 Posts
Join the club man ... I don't know very many 360 owners who have not had at least one break down on them. Mine was all taken care of in 10 days total ... I was very happy ... I got one back that is ULTRA quiet and it has not even given me one problem in over a month ... not even one of those false 3 Red Rings where you have to turn the console off, wait a moment and then turn it on again. I am really waiting to get a new one in December when the Elite's are more readily available and also when the new 65 nm chips are ready and part of the consoles new specs.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Thats too bad but its not a sad day for me.
sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts
um i think eventually every 360 console is going to break :D and im an xbox fan, they all seem to be breaking and i htought i was safe, mine just diesd and i have to wait to swap it. the hardware is so flawed and in europe they are even being investigated for a mass production of faulty hardware.
Taz720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Taz720
Member since 2006 • 826 Posts
Get it fixed and were all happy = D
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Dude..... Y'know, things break.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

Dude..... Y'know, things break.crck

Bad things break.

Do you know what hasn't broken? My Atari, Nes, Snes, Sega, Playstation, Playstation 2, and Xbox 1. My 360 broke within 2 weeks.

knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

What a shame...great software support for horrible hardware. I pray that my 360 doesn't break down again. I just got it back from Microsoft about a week ago. I was going to sell my Xbox 360, but I'm holding onto it for a little bit longer. I am itching to play Mass Effect and Bioshock. These two games are the only reason I still have my 360. Halo 3? Ehh....Halo 2 was a HUGE letdown for me.

Although the hardware is crap, Microsoft was pretty good to me about fixing it. I had to call twice. On the second time they volunteered to send me a pre-paid "coffin". No way I was going to have to pay to send it back. It is still as loud as a jet engine though...at least it works...

Xymos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Xymos
Member since 2003 • 34 Posts

When I first got mine it worked great, then I rented Lost Planet: Extreme Condition and it gave me a message that said "This disk is now unreadable, please take the disk out of the tray and clean it with a dry soft cloth" and then it would shut the game down and spit the tray out for me, then I would just have to push the game back in and it would work, granted I would have to start over from my last save which really ticked me off. I assumed that was cause it was a rented game though. Then I bought Oblivion and it started to do the same thing over and over again. So I took the thing back to London Drugs where I bought the machine and they just game me a brand new one right there, I didn't have to deal with microsoft at all man it was sweet. Sure glad I bought that DOA package for 5 bucks. That very 360 has runny like a happy pig ever since. Granted, my newer 360 was a newer one, so maybe they worked the bugs out by now? I've only had it 3 months now.

fifthagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fifthagent
Member since 2004 • 309 Posts
Dude, if anyone feels your pain it's me. I bet you guys will never guess what happened to me today. Yep, three rings of death. Such crap. I would assume that microsoft employees check these sites regularly to read stuff like this so if u guys are listening...what the hell is going on? I think it is fair to say that the hardware is faulty. How many people do you know that are on their first console? I was the only one until my console died today. They claim thatan acceptable hardware failure rate has been happening. How many of us know people who are on their 3rd, 4th,5th console? I think this is a little more than an acceptable failure rate. Smartenup microsoft--peopleare getting pissed. Oh well I guessI can just send it back and be with out my box for 3 weeks orso--wait a minute NO I CAN'T. When I spend hard earned money on something like this I expect it to work. I don't think that this is too much to ask. I am more thanwilling to pay good money forquality products. It seems though that reliability was not inmicrosoft's plans for this generation of gaming. It seems obvious to me thatfixing flawedhardware hurts the bottom line less than the mass recall that should have been donewhen these broken consoles started going south. Once again dude, I feel your pain...
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

My 360 broke today =( no ring of death for me .....My tray wont go in.....this is my second one =( samandari

Here I am on my 5th console and you are complaining.....

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
That's bad day for you, not me:P
ernelson1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#33 ernelson1976
Member since 2002 • 170 Posts

I don't know anyone who has had a problem with their 360, and I know at least a dozen people with them. Just because I don't know anyone with a broken console doesn't mean I think they never break. In the same way, just because your console broke doesn't mean that every owner has had a problem with their console. I've had mine for over a year with no problems. Most of my friends have launch consoles--every single one of them still works, and no one has sent theirs in for repair.

If you go on these boards and only read people complaining about their console breaking, sure, you'll see a lot of people with problems. People with working consoles don't come on here and post "An excellent day for 360s owners: my console is working!" threads. If you only read the complaint threads, all you'll read is complaints.

So, like others--my day was not sad because you broke your 360.

basskill2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 basskill2000
Member since 2004 • 351 Posts

I have a launch system, luckily no problems aside from occasional lock ups. the only thing it is doing at this point in time is the tray gives me a hard time but I tap it and it opens/closes. I am glad i bought the warranty. good until January 2009. WOOT

chubbsizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chubbsizzle
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts
that's why i have a best buy warranty and all i do is exchange it at the store speaking about the warranty its about to run out so im gonna go to best buy and get a new one
vapidzark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 vapidzark
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts
my 360 is a zombie because i got the 3 lights of death at least 2 times and it works perfectly. It is very weird.
myster_samz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 myster_samz
Member since 2006 • 584 Posts

Dude, if anyone feels your pain it's me. I bet you guys will never guess what happened to me today. Yep, three rings of death. Such crap. I would assume that microsoft employees check these sites regularly to read stuff like this so if u guys are listening...what the hell is going on? I think it is fair to say that the hardware is faulty. How many people do you know that are on their first console? I was the only one until my console died today. They claim thatan acceptable hardware failure rate has been happening. How many of us know people who are on their 3rd, 4th,5th console? I think this is a little more than an acceptable failure rate. Smartenup microsoft--peopleare getting pissed. Oh well I guessI can just send it back and be with out my box for 3 weeks orso--wait a minute NO I CAN'T. When I spend hard earned money on something like this I expect it to work. I don't think that this is too much to ask. I am more thanwilling to pay good money forquality products. It seems though that reliability was not inmicrosoft's plans for this generation of gaming. It seems obvious to me thatfixing flawedhardware hurts the bottom line less than the mass recall that should have been donewhen these broken consoles started going south. Once again dude, I feel your pain...fifthagent

Three of my friends still have their launch systems.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
my 360 has been running strong since day 1, haven't even froze on me once yet
NYBoricua33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NYBoricua33
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts

Haha..Hey its not your fault though, I understand. Mine just freezes whenever I play something besides Gears of War....and I hate Gears too.

NYBoricua33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NYBoricua33
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts

[QUOTE="crck"]Dude..... Y'know, things break.GodLovesDead

Bad things break.

Do you know what hasn't broken? My Atari, Nes, Snes, Sega, Playstation, Playstation 2, and Xbox 1. My 360 broke within 2 weeks.

LOL

Quote of the day

HellBentJE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HellBentJE
Member since 2006 • 139 Posts
If you bought your system at Wal-Mart you can just swap it for a new one (even if you don't have the receipt). I've done it with just about every system that's come out so far.
keen_desire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 keen_desire
Member since 2006 • 317 Posts
What the hell!!
Real3motion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Real3motion
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts

[QUOTE="samandari"]My 360 broke today =( no ring of death for me .....My tray wont go in.....this is my second one =( JohnWinger

Here I am on my 5th console and you are complaining.....

5th ?? Oo

You paid for all of them? or just replaced them under warranty?

sabru8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 sabru8
Member since 2003 • 4144 Posts

not a sad day for me!! :Dluke182777

same here...mine still works and if some time in the next 2 years it does break I get a new one from Best Buy. That was one warranty deal I was happy to pay for.

parker72001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 parker72001
Member since 2005 • 545 Posts
Well, my 360 broke about 4 months ago and I sent it in and after about a month finally got it back. I was so glad to finally have it back, but then 3 days ago 3 rings of death yet again. I'm so glad I bought the 2 year warranty. Everyone I talked to was like "warranties are rip-offs, that's how all those companies make their money". Well, whatever, that $60 has now saved me $800. So, what I'm getting at is that warranties are rip-offs but not if you're buying anything from Microsoft.
tatu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tatu2004
Member since 2004 • 17173 Posts

not a sad day for me!! :Dluke182777

what he said..

Crimson540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Crimson540
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts

Mine broke a week ago tomorrow and still no coffin. Piece of crap is just sitting here. Why are so many breaking, literally almost every 360 owner seems to have had a problem with it sometime during its lifetime. TM1

My 360broke a week ago and I haven't gotten the box yet. It's making me mad. :x