Rock band or gutair hero 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigpapi342007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bigpapi342007
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
which game should i get. which one is better. im leaning toward rockband because it got a better rating and i want to play with friends with rockband.a but i want your thoughts on these games
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
guitar hero is more of a challenge . Rock band is fun but i doubt your friends will be around all the time. Either or i say rock band cause of the drums, other than that get guitar hero
deltaboarder18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deltaboarder18
Member since 2004 • 2527 Posts
personally, i'd only play the guitar. So i went with GH3.
bigpapi342007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bigpapi342007
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
ohh
Halo552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Halo552
Member since 2006 • 523 Posts
the only reason i'm not planning on getting Rock Band is that i won't have friends around all the time
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
just beat the world tour with one freind a la White stripes. Then do everything else over live
Avatar image for thefuzzyfatbunn
thefuzzyfatbunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thefuzzyfatbunn
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
RockBand
pittongkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 pittongkid
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

which game should i get. which one is better. im leaning toward rockband because it got a better rating and i want to play with friends with rockband.a but i want your thoughts on these gamesbigpapi342007

Lots of threads like this already, those might help you decide better. IMO things you need to consider about these 2:

1. Setlist

2. Single or Party oriented home?

3. Wired accessory issues

4. Space setup issues

TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts
Rockband, but I prefer GH's guitar. Rockband's guitar feels kinda weird, takes time to get used to it.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

If you have friends, get Rock Band,

if you are a loner bear that don't like bein' bothered by other folks, get GH3 =P

jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
Rock Band is great party game if you have 2 or 3 friends to play with. Guitar Hero is better if you are playing by yourself or just playing multiplayer on Live.
tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 tylea002
Member since 2006 • 2351 Posts

Well I have yet to hear of a game called guitair hero, so rock ban out of those.

If you mean guitar hero, what everyone else said. RB great for friends, GH great for impossible difficulty and one player action.

Shoopdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shoopdog
Definately Rock Band for me. The only problem is that I live in an apartment, and playing the drums would be too much of a disturbance for the neighbors.
guisepppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 guisepppe
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts
If you want a guitar hero game I'd say go for Guitar Hero 2. The notecharts in 3 are just horrible for the most part. I bought Guitar Hero 3 and it was a huge disappointment for me, so I'm waiting on Rock Band with the hopes that it will do things better than GH3 did.
Shoopdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shoopdog

If you want a guitar hero game I'd say go for Guitar Hero 2. The notecharts in 3 are just horrible for the most part. I bought Guitar Hero 3 and it was a huge disappointment for me, so I'm waiting on Rock Band with the hopes that it will do things better than GH3 did.guisepppe

Yeah I heard from a couple friends that the notes in GH3 were just overkilled beyond how they are played on a real guitar.

ffgothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 ffgothic
Member since 2004 • 1378 Posts
Great games by their own merit. Rock Band is the superior game though, great presentation, and every instrument is hella fun. The only advantage GH3 has over it is the tracklist. Both are great, but GH3's is significantly better. I'd say go with Rock Band overall.
guisepppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 guisepppe
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

[QUOTE="guisepppe"]If you want a guitar hero game I'd say go for Guitar Hero 2. The notecharts in 3 are just horrible for the most part. I bought Guitar Hero 3 and it was a huge disappointment for me, so I'm waiting on Rock Band with the hopes that it will do things better than GH3 did.Shoopdog

Yeah I heard from a couple friends that the notes in GH3 were just overkilled beyond how they are played on a real guitar.

That's an accurate description. They're made hard just for the sake of being hard, which takes away the fun of it.

Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

[QUOTE="Shoopdog"]

[QUOTE="guisepppe"]If you want a guitar hero game I'd say go for Guitar Hero 2. The notecharts in 3 are just horrible for the most part. I bought Guitar Hero 3 and it was a huge disappointment for me, so I'm waiting on Rock Band with the hopes that it will do things better than GH3 did.guisepppe

That's an accurate description. They're made hard just for the sake of being hard, which takes away the fun of it.

I couldnt agree with this comment more...good post

*edit* maybe ill post on topic...i have both and if ur good and u want a challenge, get GH, if u want a fun/easier game (which KILLS GH in multiplayer) get rock band

soufan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soufan123
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts
Dude, take my advice for it, I went out and bought Gh 3 thinkin it was gonna be awesome but it ended up being a total letdown. Setlist was really boring and the game was over far too quickly. I then boguht Rock band and was amazed. Great Graphics. Great Xbox Live.Great Songs and probably one of the funnest games to play by yourself or with friends.Plus Rock Band has sooooo much replay value.