Resident Evil 5 PROBLEMS - constant screen tearing - HELP!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dougalbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dougalbear
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Ok, I'm not just talkin about occasional breaking up of the graphics - it's happening ALL THE TIME - even during cut scenes and cinematics. Any ideas? Don't have similar problem with any other games - its really ruining my experiene of the game. Any suggestions much appreciated.
kevinolsson305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kevinolsson305
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts

Have you tried installing the game into your HD?

Avatar image for InsultToInjury_
InsultToInjury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 InsultToInjury_
Member since 2007 • 2219 Posts
Personally I think it sounds like a dodgy disk. I'd take it back and tell them whats happening. Although I've had a few problems with games (ie) Fallout and after installing it seemed to fix the crashing error.
dougalbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dougalbear
no, that doesn't seem to be the problem - I originally had teh game installed onto the HD and uninstalled it because of this probelm - same experience whien runing of the disc. I've switched the resolution to 1080i (someone suggested it on another thread. It seems to have helped a little I guess... grrrr!
rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

no, that doesn't seem to be the problem - I originally had teh game installed onto the HD and uninstalled it because of this probelm - same experience whien runing of the disc. I've switched the resolution to 1080i (someone suggested it on another thread. It seems to have helped a little I guess... grrrr!dougalbear
I don't have a problem with it and I'm playing the game at 1080p. If someone hadn't mentioned it 99% of the people wouldn't even know any existed.

talbius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 talbius
Hi Guys Just wanted to say I'm having the same problem and its happening a lot. Especially if there are fast action sequences or the colour on the screen is changing from say a white background to a black background. it's only happening on this game. I thought it was my HDMI lead and switched that, checked connections etc. I think i'll switch my settings to 780p and see if that makes a difference. I dont really wanna send the game back :(
dynomitemasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 dynomitemasta
Member since 2006 • 1155 Posts

I have made a pretty in depth comparison between both versions and while the game is virtually identical on both consoles when installed to the HD', the only benifit to this seems to be shorter load times.

I noticed problems occur a bit more on the PS3 version, but not by much.... On the other hand, when I play the game directly from the disk on the 360, it's virtually flawless. When installed to the HD, not only do I get visual problems, but audio seems to sparatically go out, especially when I reach a checkpoint. If let's say Sheva is talking, Her mouth will keep moving with NO audio until it's finished loading or saving.

Personally, I miss the typewriter! lol.... Anyway, if you have the 360 version, try playing from the disk, you'll have longer loads, but it looks a whole lot better.

W_A_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 W_A_J
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts

Could be a refresh rate issue with your respective TV's.

Coey-69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Coey-69
Member since 2008 • 228 Posts
Yeah, what TV are you both using?

Could be a refresh rate issue with your respective TV's.

W_A_J
talbius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 talbius
I changed the settings on my 360 from 1080p to 720p and this has done the trick. thanks for the help guys.
dougalbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dougalbear
I'm using a Samsung LCD 38" with HDMI connection
iN4S3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iN4S3R
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I had problems with screen tearing with RE5 as i was using VGA cable, then i switched it over using component cable and guess what, no more screen tearing.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
I had problems with screen tearing with RE5 as i was using VGA cable, then i switched it over using component cable and guess what, no more screen tearing.iN4S3R
I've been playing it WITH a VGA since I bought it and have not experienced any problems at all. Granted I'm using a 19" widescreen monitor. I think it has more to do with your setup, then the connection. Make sure your TV is configured correctly and that your 360 settings match what your TV is capable of (i.e., native res, sound output, etc).
rodrigopola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rodrigopola
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I have a different problem, I'm not able to save the game at all,whenI start the gameI have the failed to load the data or something like that andI haven't enjoy the game that much,I have a 120gb hdd and this is the only game i have problems with.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#15 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts

There is now a RE5 sticky thread for all RE discussion. Please continue your discussion there! Thanks.