remember 1 year ago when ps3 said

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dan123collins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dan123collins
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts

do you all remember about a year ago when ps3 bosses said to everyone "you can only get full 1080p on the ps3 system"well pritty much all the new 360 games these days area all 1080p and when i walked into game the other day i picked up a few ps3 games and thier max resulution is 720p so basicly sony lied and microsoft took thier place

your comments plz are thier any ps3 1080p games or is sony scum

cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
Uh games can upscale to the 1080p and thats how it's always been on both Consoles, Halo 3 runs at 640p. Some.. well 2 that I know of PS3 games run at a native 1080p GT5 and Wipeout HD.
BIGJosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 BIGJosher
Member since 2007 • 1562 Posts
Nice job, this will be moderated. Anyway, games for the PS3 has been the downfall for Sony, so I doubt they have 1080p, but give them another year and they will probably have better games and graphics.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
Thanks for the recap... and thread locking in 3... 2...
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
The only PS3 game I own that does 1080p is Ninja Gaiden Sigma.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 x-2tha-z
Uh games can upscale to the 1080p and thats how it's always been on both Consoles, Halo 3 runs at 640p. Some.. well 2 that I know of PS3 games run at a native 1080p GT5 and Wipeout HD.cleotis_max
The PS3 does not upscale games to 1080p....yet.
Benjamin-T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Benjamin-T
Member since 2006 • 1029 Posts
Read the rules before posting. Rules make the world a better place, and, if you can post, then you're not illiterate, so there's no excuse
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cleotis_max

[QUOTE="cleotis_max"]Uh games can upscale to the 1080p and thats how it's always been on both Consoles, Halo 3 runs at 640p. Some.. well 2 that I know of PS3 games run at a native 1080p GT5 and Wipeout HD.x-2tha-z
The PS3 does not upscale games to 1080p....yet.

"Sony has released verison 1.8 of its PlayStation 3 firmware, adding the capability to upscale PlayStation 3 games, older PS2 and PSOne titles, and standard DVDs to 1080p"

Source: http://news.digitaltrends.com/news/story/13082/playstation_3_update_adds_1080p_upscaling

Death_Masta187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Death_Masta187
Member since 2002 • 2940 Posts

Most 260 games don't even do 720p they just upscale...PC is the only gaming machine that does not upscale anything... and it's been doing it since about the Quake 1 days... Yes most people can't tell the difference between upscale 1080p and true 1080p but if the 360 didn't upscale the games every game would run at about 10 FPS... This goes with the PS3 as well... really the only true 1080p the ps3 does is bluray playback... but for its worth both upscale very well and still look really amazing for consoles...

Mijis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mijis
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts

Read the rules before posting. Rules make the world a better placeBenjamin-T

Usa is full of rules, Usa is a better place?

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

almost NO game is true 1080P. this gen machines can't render true 1080P games (big games).

Even on PS3 almost all big games that support 1080P are forced upscaled.

Basicly, you don't have a single clue what you are talking about.

unmach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 unmach
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

Most 260 games don't even do 720p they just upscale..

Death_Masta187

Funniest thing I've ever heard

dan123collins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dan123collins

[QUOTE="Benjamin-T"]Read the rules before posting. Rules make the world a better placeMijis

piss funney rules suck because thier are to many
dan123collins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dan123collins

almost NO game is true 1080P. this gen machines can't render true 1080P games (big games).

Always-Honest
and ur a cyber nerd ,1080p true and 1080p upsaled look the same dont they so whats the point in true 1080p if you have to spend loads to get it
Benjamin-T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Benjamin-T
[QUOTE="Mijis"]

[QUOTE="Benjamin-T"]Read the rules before posting. Rules make the world a better placedan123collins

You're right. I'm wondering how a guy who don't know proper grammar nor know how to spell can take 5 min to read the rules. For your information, I would rather read the rules than make myself look like an idiot on gamespot.

dan123collins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dan123collins
[QUOTE="dan123collins"][QUOTE="Mijis"]

[QUOTE="Benjamin-T"]Read the rules before posting. Rules make the world a better placeBenjamin-T

You're right. I'm wondering how a guy who don't know proper grammar nor know how to spell can take 5 min to read the rules. For your information, I would rather read the rules than make myself look like an idiot on gamespot.

and ur a sad nerd how has a dragon ball z picture as his gamespot tag and by the way if u care so much about gramma when ur not is school you should kill ur self now
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cleotis_max
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

dan123collins

and ur a cyber nerd ,1080p true and 1080p upsaled look the same dont they so whats the point in true 1080p if you have to spend loads to get it

Sigh.. you do realise Native 1080p means the source of media being displayed is set at 1080p? And a game upscaled to 1080p is basically just like a blown up picture.. Games that aren't naturally 1080p when upscaled produce jaggies and all sorts of other unfun treats, hence why I run my games at 720.. it's not rocket science and you dont haveto be a cyber nerd, when you put a picture in Paint and make it bigger what happens? The picture loses quality.. But if the picture is big to begin with what would it matter.

dan123collins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dan123collins

oh yeah im also not sad enough to care if i look like an idiot on a game website
dan123collins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dan123collins
[QUOTE="dan123collins"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

cleotis_max

Sigh.. you do realise Native 1080p means the source of media being displayed is set at 1080p? And a game upscaled to 1080p is basically just like a blown up picture.. Games that aren't naturally 1080p when upscaled produce jaggies and all sorts of other unfun treats, hence why I run my games at 720.. it's not rocket science and you dont haveto be a cyber nerd, when you put a picture in Paint and make it bigger what happens? The picture loses quality.. But if the picture is big to begin with what would it matter.

listen im sorry i didnt know the difference but thanks for explaning
Benjamin-T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Benjamin-T

Hey, I'm not in school cause I graduated with honor, dunce. It's kind of ironic how you're making fun of me not going to school when you still lack good grammar and don't spell correctly. Even more ironic that you were most likely born here, while I was born in Dominican Republic and I sound like a scholar compared to your absurd English.

Me being a fan of DBZ don't make me a geek neither, since I live for other things besides DBZ, dunce.

cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cleotis_max

So you made a topic you knew nothing about? Hats off to you TC.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 x-2tha-z
@ Cleotis_Max........ You must not have a 1080p tv. When you load a game like Uncharted or R&C the resolution drops to 720p. The PS3 does not upscale all games to 1080p. Only games like NGS that lists 1080p on the games case can be upscaled. I'm talking from personal experience. Not some misinformation I read on the internet.
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cleotis_max

You must not have a 1080p tv. When you load a game like Uncharted or R&C the resolution drops to 720p. The PS3 does not upscale all games to 1080p. Only games like NGS that lists 1080p on the games case can be upscaled. I'm talking from personal experience. Not some misinformation I read on the internet. x-2tha-z

When was it said that all games can be upscaled? I believe I just said "Games can be upscaled".

cpaschal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cpaschal
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

[QUOTE="Benjamin-T"]Read the rules before posting. Rules make the world a better placeMijis

Uh, yes. Yes it is.

On topic though: What are you thinking...topic lock in 3...2...1...

cpaschal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cpaschal
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts
[QUOTE="dan123collins"][QUOTE="Mijis"]

[QUOTE="Benjamin-T"]Read the rules before posting. Rules make the world a better placeBenjamin-T

Not taking sides....but when you talk about someone having bad grammar, at least try to get it right yourself. "...how a guy who don't know proper grammar...". It should be "who doesn't know proper grammar". Before you rag on someone else, make sure you are straight yourself.

[QUOTE="Benjamin-T"][QUOTE="dan123collins"][QUOTE="Mijis"]

[QUOTE="Benjamin-T"]Read the rules before posting. Rules make the world a better placedan123collins

and ur a sad nerd how has a dragon ball z picture as his gamespot tag and by the way if u care so much about gramma when ur not is school you should kill ur self now

So I should kill myself because I am 28 and out of school, simply because I know proper grammar and it gets on my nerves when people can't use simple english correctly? If you want to get anywhere in life, please try to care how you sound. On the other hand, if you don't care, and want to live in your mom's basement until you are 45 playing video games, then go ahead and look like an idiot.

On topic: Who really cares what systems can do what? I DON'T! What matters is the games on both consoles look awesome. That's all that matters.

Benjamin-T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Benjamin-T

So I made one mistake, just mean I'm human dude. You do bring up a good point, that's why I'm studying for mathematics in college, not engish lol. My only defense, aka excuse, is that I'm Dominican, born in Dominican Republic, always will be Dominicano lol.