Reasons why many people hates Oblivion...

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Laharl5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Laharl5
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

Because of leveling right? It's an Action game not RPG right? But still a great game for me What are other things on why you hate Oblivion?

Only have 3 games on my 360 btw. Oblivion, Fable2, DMC4. I like them all. :)

neseri12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 neseri12
Member since 2009 • 207 Posts

leveling,boring quests and other things but the arena is awesome

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
i love the levelling, you can be extremely powerful if you do it right
footballa27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 footballa27
Member since 2006 • 1109 Posts

many people dont hate oblivion. theres a few but not many

Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#5 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts

I definitely don't hate this game but I was pretty uninspired by it. The main storyline is just not at all gripping, and I always found combat a little awkward. In the end, I found myself not having fun, so I didn't finish the game. Admittedly, this means I didn't get the whole experience and can't judge fully. But if a game can't compel you to finish it, that's not exactly high praise for it in my book.

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
usually people ask would they like Fallout if they liked Oblivion. How about: I love Fallout, would I like Oblivion? If it's just grinding for exp and slow and long, I'm not too interested.
JordanOwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JordanOwns
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts

i think oblivion is cool i like it

Silverpeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Silverpeel
Member since 2009 • 1607 Posts
I loved fallout, but I did not like obvlivion. For some reason or other I just couldn't get into it. I can't exactly put my finger on it but it may have been the time setting for me. I was also confused in all the menus, and not being able to see where I was in relation to the next level. Until after I put the game down and read something online, I didn't even know there were levels for your character in that game.
Solid_Snake56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Solid_Snake56
Member since 2002 • 3954 Posts

I love the game...I just think you should get XP for quests and exploration

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
[QUOTE="Laharl5"]

Because of leveling right? It's an Action game not RPG right? But still a great game for me What are other things on why you hate Oblivion?

Only have 3 games on my 360 btw. Oblivion, Fable2, DMC4. I like them all. :)

Great game but feels slightly dated when compared to Fallout3. Fair enough, it is getting old now
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I don't hate it, it was just boring. Combat was bad, a lot of quests and dungeons were bland, and the reason I stopped playing: becoming a vampire.
Laharl5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Laharl5

I don't hate it, it was just boring. Combat was bad, a lot of quests and dungeons were bland, and the reason I stopped playing: becoming a vampire.II-FBIsniper-II

The sun hurts right? Me too almost because of that but solved it and off I go.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
While I personally love the game, the main complaint I've heard is that many don't like the scaleable leveling.
DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
I guess some people don't have the patients it requires to explore and do the quests. Others don't care for the medieval fantasy sword n' bow thing and would rather prefer a gun, ie Fallout 3. Others are let down because they played Morrowind and found Oblivion "dumbed down" for console gamers.
ThatGuyFromBe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ThatGuyFromBe4
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

There were a lot of problems with Oblivion. To name a few, repetitive environments, uninspired combat, unvaried enemies, mostly uninteresting quests, and a really grindy leveling system.

Carnifex726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Carnifex726
Member since 2008 • 407 Posts

oblivion is pretty much one of the best games ever made.

konradak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 konradak
Member since 2005 • 1769 Posts

Because I expected a game that was better than Morrowind, or at LEAST as good. But it wasn't nearly as close. Morrowind is still the best open-ended RPG ever created in my opinion.

boywithhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 boywithhat
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="-eddy-"]usually people ask would they like Fallout if they liked Oblivion. How about: I love Fallout, would I like Oblivion? If it's just grinding for exp and slow and long, I'm not too interested.

Yes!!! Oblivon and Fallout 3 were created by the same people, bethesda, and the controls of the game and the feel of the game play is similar. It is also only a 20 dollar investment anyway for the game of the year edition of oblivion (on Xbox 360 at least), which includes the expansion of shivering ilse, which is like a whole new campaign storyline. So yes you would most likely like, if not love oblivion
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

many people dont hate oblivion. theres a few but not many

footballa27

:lol:

Step inside System Wars and you'd be pleasantly surprised.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

i didnt mind the leveling if you think about it its actually a good thing i mean before that you were restricted to areas of the game that were in your level range which can be annoying if you go somewhere where the enemies are too strong and get raped. Also it lets you explore the game at your own pace because everything is scaled. You can hop straight to whatever you wanna do at the very start.

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

There are always people who hate things that are successful

Carnifex726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Carnifex726

also there are many people who hate things that are good. oblivion is just a masterpiece and if you don't like it then you just have no patience or don't like rpgs.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

also there are many people who hate things that are good. oblivion is just a masterpiece and if you don't like it then you just have no patience or don't like rpgs.

Carnifex726

:|

All right, we get it. You LOVE Oblivion, but is it SO HARD to believe that people wouldn't like the game because it's not their cup of tea? Seriously, I guess the whole concept of "different strokes for different folks" is lost on you? :lol:

Laharl5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Laharl5

Carnifex726

We can't really feel the RPGness in Oblivion because of the Leveling Scale(Face the Truth) but still overall a great game.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I don't hate it. Though most of the quests are pointless time wasters. Collecting a watch for someone is what I used to do when I played runescape. Other than it's a great game.
Carnifex726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Carnifex726

well the leveling system is actual very simple and doesn't bother me at all. you just have a set of major skills and minor skills. you just carry out the acts of your major skills and you level up.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Even though Oblivion has it's flaws (like every game) it's still in my top 5 for Xbox 360.
Laharl5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Laharl5

well the leveling system is actual very simple and doesn't bother me at all. you just have a set of major skills and minor skills. you just carry out the acts of your major skills and you level up.

Carnifex726

Yes I know how to level sir. you level-up, your enemies level-up. Not an RPG. You can feel the power when you just lower the difficulty scale bar and that's annoying.

Lucid1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Lucid1314
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

it was incredibly boring to me.

The quests, the atmosphere, the graphics, the music, the art design, and the animations.

I definitly had much more fun with Morrowind

thedudesrug1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thedudesrug1
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts
I bought Oblivion when I first got my xbox, traded it back after three days. Then I got fallout 3 and loved it so i thought I'd give oblivion another go, since it was made by Bethesda, but no. I just couldn't get into it. I think its the setting and the combat mostly. I much prefer walking around the capital wasteland exploring, than the world in oblivion, and the combat was quite boring to me, swing a sword and hope for the best really. Maybe i wasn't playing it right but it didn't grip me enough to find out. Fallout 3 and Mass Effect are my fave RPG's because they bring in a bit of action along with the character customisation.
OddballTECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#31 OddballTECH
Member since 2005 • 7905 Posts

I don't know why people wouldn't like it. I guess if you're not a fan of fantasy games, but I really like the sense of adventure one experiences in Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Naruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Naruto
Member since 2002 • 8673 Posts
Either you like that kind of games or you don't. I loved Oblivion, but didn't get into Fallout 3 for example, it's all subjective.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#33 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
Either you like that kind of games or you don't. I loved Oblivion, but didn't get into Fallout 3 for example, it's all subjective.Naruto
Exactly, I love Fallout 3 & just can't get into Oblivion.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="Carnifex726"]

Laharl5

Yes I know how to level sir. you level-up, your enemies level-up. Not an RPG. You can feel the power when you just lower the difficulty scale bar and that's annoying.

not really, i havent touched the difficulty bar and i feel extremely powerful. Level 36 and enemies barely hurt me and go down in a couple of swings, you just gotta learn how to level properly
H_U_R_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 H_U_R_D
Member since 2006 • 4006 Posts

Oblivion isnt for everyone

it is amazing, however, i personally thought every aspect of it was great

roleplayer2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#36 roleplayer2004
Member since 2004 • 921 Posts

If you don't like Oblivion you obviously have no patience or wisdom. It's like saying you don't like Final Fantasy or Zelda. Do us all a favor and play Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing!

FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

Oblivion was my favorite game back just after it was released. It was impressive at the time.

Yeah, it's an action game to kick back and relax on your couch. I guess that's why the PC gaming community didn't take well to it.

Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

I don't hate the game, just that is very overrated. Good, not great.

Laharl5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Laharl5

bump

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

i could never understand why people dislike this game...it's got some technical flaws, but its still brilliant.

Avatar image for jonathan_rector
jonathan_rector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jonathan_rector
Member since 2003 • 2734 Posts

Leveling was fine. The combat was boring, and the story was pretty boring. And the cardboard characters had no life in them to help any combat/story.

I much prefered Fallout 3 to this.

Laharl5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Laharl5

When does Fallout 3 GOTY edition comes out?

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

Leveling was fine. The combat was boring, and the story was pretty boring. And the cardboard characters had no life in them to help any combat/story.

jonathan_rector

interesting....i think most people did. For me, i wanted to LOVE fallout, but was completely turned off by the overworld. As for your comment about the characters...they looked the exact same in Fallout O_o

Avatar image for jonathan_rector
jonathan_rector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jonathan_rector
Member since 2003 • 2734 Posts

[QUOTE="jonathan_rector"]

chex81

interesting....i think most people did. For me, i wanted to LOVE fallout, but was completely turned off by the overworld. As for your comment about the characters...they looked the exact same in Fallout O_o

Hmm...maybe it was the voice actors then? I agree, the Wasteland got pretty repetittive, but the side missions were really awesome. I just couldn't get into Oblivion. I really gave it a shot too. I love old school RPG's...and Fallout is Sci-Fi, and I really don't care for Sci-Fi. But for whatever reason, I really got into Fallout.

Here's hoping Oblivion 5 is it? Hopefully that one will rock.

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

When does Fallout 3 GOTY edition comes out?

Laharl5

Near the end of October I think

Shika_Stoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shika_Stoner
Member since 2008 • 918 Posts

[QUOTE="Laharl5"]

[QUOTE="Carnifex726"]

chaoscougar1

not really, i havent touched the difficulty bar and i feel extremely powerful. Level 36 and enemies barely hurt me and go down in a couple of swings, you just gotta learn how to level properly

Exactly! I kill just about everything in just a couple of hits and I don't touch the difficulty bar. Also. Where do people keep getting the idea that Oblivion is an action game? It's an RPG just like Morrowind. The only real differences are the combat system and it's been streamlined a bit.

Does anyone really miss the shortblade and medium armor skills? lol

Hailfire704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 Hailfire704
Member since 2009 • 729 Posts

I can't stand Oblivion. I just think it's sooooooo boring. But I love Fallout 3.

Koltster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Koltster
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

I think most people don't give it a chance, it's a bit overwhelming at first it takes some time to get into.

TOC48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 TOC48
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts

The only thing i hate about Oblivion is the stupid leveling system. Other than that it is a great game.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#50 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I really liked Oblivion, mostly because I love games that have a lot of depth, and ones that you need to spend some time on.

The one major things I didn't like about Oblivion is that the enemies scaled with you. But I guess being as open as it was, they sort of had to scale with the character. This did take away from that dominating feeling you can get by spending a lot of time and working on an RPG.

But yeah, some games are liked by people and some aren't.