RE5, racist??? QUITE RIDICULOUS!!!

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spartan-4295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Spartan-4295
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts

http://kotaku.com/gaming/not-to-stir-the-pot%2C-but/totilo-weighs-in-on-re5-debate-its-about-poverty-not-race-285856.php

http://kotaku.com/gaming/zombie-racism/black-looks-on-re-5-racism-284725.php

Here are the links to some VERY ridiculous blog posts on RE5. I knew that there would be debating on racism in the game, but I never thought it would get this bad!!! OK, explain this, the game takes place in Africa, do you expect people to be white??? WTF??? They trash talk the game w/o knowing the plot at all. In the 1st 3 games we killed white people = no racism!!! RE4, killing spaniards(even though capcom didn't admit it taking place in Spain)= no racism!! BUT, RE5 killing blacks, in Africa I might add, = RACISM.......COMPLETE BS!!!!!!!! Anyone agree??? Do you think they'll cancel the game??????

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
It is quite ridiculous indeed
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
not this.....again..
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darksusperia

Well,this makes me mad! Blacks always play the race card, it's how they leech off of us whites here in America!!!!Spartan-4295

quite the racist generalisation right there....

Avatar image for ascendentjustic
ascendentjustic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ascendentjustic
Member since 2006 • 255 Posts

we were always taught that the color of skin doesn't matter. now look at this, if they are truly NOT racist then they should stop making a big deal about the setting of the game. if it were iraqis no one would care. and frankly... ITS JUST A GAME you pansies get over it. america is like a bunch of little kids, who taddle and complain everytime they hear a bad word.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darksusperia
[QUOTE="darksusperia"]

[QUOTE="Spartan-4295"]Well,this makes me mad! Blacks always play the race card, it's how they leech off of us whites here in America!!!!Spartan-4295

quite the racist generalisation right there....

I'm not being racist!!! I'm speaking truth!! maybe I should rephrase!!! A LOT(not all) blacks play the race card to leech off of us...... See? I am not generalizing!!!

whats white trash then? they leech too dont they? dont they play the "oh im so hard done by card"? so yes, u are generalizing.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darksusperia

we were always taught that the color of skin doesn't matter. now look at this, if they are truly NOT racist then they should stop making a big deal about the setting of the game. if it were iraqis no one would care. and frankly... ITS JUST A GAME you pansies get over it. america is like a bunch of little kids, who taddle and complain everytime they hear a bad word.

ascendentjustic

Spot on!

Spartan-4295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spartan-4295
white trash is not a race....yes, there are some trashy white people, but not a race!!!so, yet again, I am not generalizing!!!
MyndFlyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 MyndFlyte
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts
Oh man, I thought we finally got away from this after E3. I can't wait to see the boards flooded with RE5 racist treads.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darksusperia

white trash is not a race....yes, there are some trashy white people, but not a race!!!so, yet again, I am not generalizing!!!Spartan-4295

lol, neither is black. black is a skin colour. if they are born in america then they are american, yes? so wouldnt that make their race american? my point is, there are just as many white ppl on welfare as there are black so yes, by singling out 1 specific group, you are generalizing that ALL are like that when just as many arent and are equalled by the amount of fair coloured ppl doing the same.

hell, if it wasnt for fair coloured on welfare leeching then there'd be no springer or povitch.

Deft2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Deft2121
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
Racist or not, I still want to play this game
MyndFlyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 MyndFlyte
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts

[QUOTE="Spartan-4295"]white trash is not a race....yes, there are some trashy white people, but not a race!!!so, yet again, I am not generalizing!!!darksusperia

lol, neither is black. black is a skin colour. if they are born in america then they are american, yes? so wouldnt that make their race american? my point is, there are just as many white ppl on welfare as there are black so yes, by singling out 1 specific group, you are generalizing that ALL are like that when just as many arent and are equalled by the amount of fair coloured ppl doing the same.

hell, if it wasnt for fair coloured on welfare leeching then there'd be no springer or povitch.

Aaaaaand.....it starts

Spartan-4295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Spartan-4295
Racist or not, I still want to play this game Deft2121
AMEN!!!NUFF SAID!!!!!!
Avatar image for TheMonthlyDaily
TheMonthlyDaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 TheMonthlyDaily
Member since 2005 • 508 Posts

Well,this makes me mad! Blacks always play the race card, it's how they leech off of us whites here in America!!!!Spartan-4295

I was quite appalled by this blatantly racist quote until I saw the "Republican Party Supporter" banner and instantly understood.

diesil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 diesil
Member since 2004 • 489 Posts
o im sure jack thompson and al sharpton will show there ugly faces on this one lol
Avatar image for oscaritoqueloco
oscaritoqueloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 oscaritoqueloco
Member since 2003 • 168 Posts

I agree dude I agree. I am puertorrican so anything I say I couldnt care less what you guys think. But everything said against a black or a jewish in the USA its so magnified that is really incredible; while many bad things said and done to others are rarely taken into account, for example, last season Gary Sheffield said a lot of S**T of hispanic players in Mayor leagues, but youll know what? people didnt care! it was like nothing because it came from a black against another minority group. But I think a month ago that guy of the radio station, insulted the basketball group, we all know, but he got burned and fired because of his 5 second comments. I think the US needs to learn that not everything is racial, that not everything needs to be checked for that matter.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

hahahah I can't wait for this game.

I am going to say the most racial slurs ive ever said in my life while playing. Oh man, its gonna be hilarious.

Good times, good times.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 10776953
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

http://kotaku.com/gaming/not-to-stir-the-pot%2C-but/totilo-weighs-in-on-re5-debate-its-about-poverty-not-race-285856.php

http://kotaku.com/gaming/zombie-racism/black-looks-on-re-5-racism-284725.php

Here are the links to some VERY ridiculous blog posts on RE5. I knew that there would be debating on racism in the game, but I never thought it would get this bad!!! OK, explain this, the game takes place in Africa, do you expect people to be white??? WTF??? They trash talk the game w/o knowing the plot at all. In the 1st 3 games we killed white people = no racism!!! RE4, killing spaniards(even though capcom didn't admit it taking place in Spain)= no racism!! BUT, RE5 killing blacks, in Africa I might add, = RACISM.......COMPLETE BS!!!!!!!! Anyone agree??? Do you think they'll cancel the game??????

Spartan-4295

dude wtf!?!? im mixed n i take tht so offensivly blacks dont leech of of anyone no race leeches off of anyone its cheap people who do

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35
deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts
LMAO It just kills me when I read the term "they say" who the hell are they?Never any specifics.I really don't care what race someone is in a video game as long as I get to shoot them.Anyway to make stuff like this loose steam just ignore it.Play the game have fun.
wittbolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wittbolds
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts

lol black people.

nightember1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nightember1
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts
i swear to god, if i see one more topic about a game and racism im gonna shoot my self in the head...why cant people just see people and not colors *sigh* *cocks gun* now im not kidding, one more racism topic and i pull the trigger!
Spartan-4295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Spartan-4295
i swear to god, if i see one more topic about a game and racism im gonna shoot my self in the head...why cant people just see people and not colors *sigh* *cocks gun* now im not kidding, one more racism topic and i pull the trigger!nightember1
you'll get banned if you don't stop w/ the suicide threats!
nightember1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nightember1
it was a joke >.>
Spartan-4295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Spartan-4295
well, everyone have fun arguing! I have better things to do....
nightember1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nightember1
ok bye bye have fun with...um...life i guess
Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
Japanese always feel inferior to blacks physically now they get their chance in VIDEOGAMES!
mackey12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#30 mackey12345
Member since 2005 • 198 Posts
you know what the funny thing is? in other resident evils, maybe re4, they had whites, why doesn't someone complain about that??? but when it comes to blacks, they are all saying racism, who cares, as said before, its just a game, one game is not going to change the mind of a group of people
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
Idon't see nothing racist it's just a game. White poeple always die in a game so what's wrong when you see black people die in a game?
nyoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 nyoe
Member since 2005 • 2527 Posts
[QUOTE="TheMonthlyDaily"]

[QUOTE="Spartan-4295"]Well,this makes me mad! Blacks always play the race card, it's how they leech off of us whites here in America!!!!Spartan-4295

I was quite appalled by this blatantly racist quote until I saw the "Republican Party Supporter" banner and instantly understood.

So you admit to being a left wing liberal. Hilary can die for all I care!!! Drat you.

its funny how the whole republican vs democrat thing goes down in the us cause yer basically voting for to very conservative governments no matter what canada and our 3 billion parties FTW

RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
It is pretty silly...
ShowGo84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ShowGo84
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
It all comes down to this: Do you think they purposely put a bunch of black guys in the game racist(ly)? (even when trying to form that question it hardly made sense.) Why would you put mainly black men in a game based in a small village of Africa? Oh, same reason you'd have black actors in a movie based in a small village of Africa. I don't understand how it really matters to anyone if they've misbalanced color ratio in a video game. I'm sure they didn't have any racist intentions... play the damn game and enjoy it. It's not going to instill in little children's minds that Africa is abunch of black people. And if they do, so what?
ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
gamers have been killing white zomibes since the first Resident Evil,nobody called that racist, the same goes for the spaniards in RE 4( i dont recall seeing anyone making racists notes about that game) This is madness, and...this is old news.
Heretic_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Heretic_Zero
Member since 2004 • 77 Posts
The controversy over RE5 cracks me up, and honestly , there is nothing that is going to stop this game from being made, so people should shut up already. I look forward to this game, very, very much.
Avatar image for TImeLord_Master
TImeLord_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TImeLord_Master
Member since 2007 • 76 Posts

[QUOTE="Spartan-4295"]Well,this makes me mad! Blacks always play the race card, it's how they leech off of us whites here in America!!!!TheMonthlyDaily

I'm anti-Republican and I support that belief.

Avatar image for TImeLord_Master
TImeLord_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TImeLord_Master
Member since 2007 • 76 Posts

i swear to god, if i see one more topic about a game and racism im gonna shoot my self in the head...why cant people just see people and not colors *sigh* *cocks gun* now im not kidding, one more racism topic and i pull the trigger!nightember1

If you shoot yourself, they win. ;)

nightember1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nightember1

[QUOTE="nightember1"]i swear to god, if i see one more topic about a game and racism im gonna shoot my self in the head...why cant people just see people and not colors *sigh* *cocks gun* now im not kidding, one more racism topic and i pull the trigger!TImeLord_Master

If you shoot yourself, they win. ;)

crap your right...why did you have to make it so complicated :cry: well i guess ill go sit in some random hole for a while till i come up with a way to win! lol

madvicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 madvicker
Member since 2005 • 101 Posts

All this politically correct **** is very iritating and annoying. And also btw whites also bring up the racist issue as well as blacks.

Sk8teOrDi3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sk8teOrDi3
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
not again!!!!
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="TheMonthlyDaily"]

So you admit to being a left wing liberal. Hilary can die for all I care!!! Drat you.

oyeah It started again. lol the endless discussions. "who would win in a fight?? Clinton or bush?" for crying out loud. grow up...RE5 is a game. what about germans you kill in every single war game, or mexicans, iraqis, Afganistani people, japanese people? they all should be offended.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Yes , its ridiculous . :P

Avatar image for samurai_bastard
samurai_bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 samurai_bastard
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts
I think we can all agree that the main way to end this controversy for everyone, is to make the main character black as well, it was like that in GTA: SA and no one had a problem with a black guy killing everyone else (people only had a problem with sex), but in order to do that and for it to make sense they would 1.Try to explain away the fact that Chris was white in previous games or 2. Create a new main character who is black and make a new story arc, neither of which i can see hapenning. So in closing, i can't wait for this game because it's going to be awesome. :D
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I think we can all agree that the main way to end this controversy for everyone, is to make the main character black as well, it was like that in GTA: SA and no one had a problem with a black guy killing everyone else (people only had a problem with sex), but in order to do that and for it to make sense they would 1.Try to explain away the fact that Chris was white in previous games or 2. Create a new main character who is black and make a new story arc, neither of which i can see hapenning. So in closing, i can't wait for this game because it's going to be awesome. :Dsamurai_bastard

well said...excellent 2nd forum post:P

ByFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ByFly
Member since 2006 • 1917 Posts
THey need to stop calling those kind of games racism.. I dont hear the N word. the N zombies so just drop it... and bring the game to our homes.. :D... but I have to say if the whole game is about killing black zombies it will be kinda repetetive...
Avatar image for Jedi_Master1121
Jedi_Master1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47 Jedi_Master1121
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
This is stupid. I dont understand how RE4 is racist. I guess its racist because humans dont likeZombies
wittbolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wittbolds
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts

This is stupid. I dont understand how RE4 is racist. I guess its racist because humans dont likeZombiesJedi_Master1121

or black people

X_GuitarHero_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 X_GuitarHero_X
Member since 2006 • 96 Posts
It's a game. Get over it everyone. There have been plenty of Germans, Whites, etc. killed in video games. Everyone is equal. Not everything involving Black people is racist.
magic_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 magic_dragon
Member since 2007 • 1050 Posts

Why does it not surprise me you are a Republican Party Supporter...?