RE Destroyed by Co-op?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gama_Forever
Member since 2004 • 2645 Posts

Can the whole Resident Evil franchise be destroyed by this co-op? Honeslty, where does Resident Evil get is uniqueness, its creativity = from the survival horror genre. Adding a friend could do away with that. How can you possibly be scared when its two on 4 and your across the map from the action. I mean like I love Resident Evil because of this horror factor and that factor is GONE from Resident Evil 5. Now its just another shooter you can play with your friend for one day, get all the achievements and stop playing. And why? Because there's no typewriter. That was another thing I LOVED. It made the game difficult. Now if you shoot a dude you are at a checkpoint. Sorry for ranting but I am kind of upset.

The only way that they can POSSIBLY fix this is by doing what I just ranted about. The two players NEED to be separated and NEED to operate (defend themselves) alone. There is absolutely no other way that this game can be scary with two players on the same squad. No other way. Resident Evil 4 wasn't even that scary; it just gave you the feeling that you about to get Merk'd standing up against that wall with 20 dudes and that thing with that bag over its head with a chainsaw in his hand. That was Survival Horror. And at its best.

Do you think Co-op plays that big a factor in the Resident Evil franchise?

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts
I'm glad RE5 has co-op.. and it was never a scary game anyway..
Avatar image for Unkn0wn-W4rri0r
Unkn0wn-W4rri0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Unkn0wn-W4rri0r
Member since 2008 • 139 Posts
Well even though it isnt too too scary, Ill have to agree, I hope the co-op doesnt ruin the single player survival experience.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

RE4 was not survival horror at its best. It was just an awesome game. Besides, there are twice as many enemies in this game than RE4. You're worrying too much.

grvr316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 grvr316
Member since 2003 • 679 Posts
You don't have to play co-op, just play single player. I'll be having fun killing infected humans with my friends over XBL.
oKiRe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 oKiRe
Member since 2003 • 476 Posts

i always wanted co-op in a resident evil game. this will be awsome!

i think you can still get freaked out with 2 people playing. i did with gears of war against the berserkers

karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 karma1680
Member since 2008 • 351 Posts
Its not really R.E anymore i havn't been into it since 3 cause the story went every where but where it should have been then they just ended the story and started with this new thing with R.E 4. Now i do agree it was a good game but i wasn't what a fan of the game......well me anyway wanted with the series. No T virus no G virus no zombies at that point it had become somthing else. So as far a i'm concerned the co-op dosent affect the game cause i'ts no longer resident evil.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
since when was RE ever scary
Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -5

#9 Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1705 Posts
Just give it a chance. It could work. Hell I bet RE4 with co-op would have even been fun. Will the game be less scary with 2 players? probably. That still doesn't mean it won't work.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Um... RE has typically had some of the most hilariously bad dialogue for a survival horror game, and probably a weak story too. The reason it works so well is because Capcom has been very skilled at intelligently balancing the suspense and action elements of the game to keep people wanting to replay the game and go through it again with new characters/weapons/etc. And from the looks of it, it certainly feels that Capcom is well aware of how to balance and keep co-op interesting and fun to play.
dat-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dat-gamer
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
I'm excited for the coop i think since i got to enjoy the first game single player i don't mind coop on RE5 because than me and a buddy can have another cool coop game to play. Oh and RE4 was NOT scary.
Zeppy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Zeppy007
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
the only reason the First 3 were scary was the annoying camra angles.
djones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 djones5
Member since 2008 • 123 Posts
solution: don't play co-op.
dat-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dat-gamer
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
seriously you don't have to beat the game coopertivly with a freind the first time you play. so y are you making such a big deal out of this.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#15 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Resident Evil 4 isn't a survival horror game either, so I don't know why you waited till now to complain.
YoungDab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 YoungDab
Member since 2007 • 565 Posts
Resident Evil 3 wa$ the most scariest game out of the franchise.Nemesis rushing through a door,almost drove me straight crazy homies.Remake that and $ave the world lol.
MicWazowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MicWazowski
Member since 2004 • 1704 Posts

First of all: Residen Evil Zero and Resident Evil Outbreak say hi.

Secondly, I don't understand TC's logic. One person surrounded by hundreds of murderous villagers=scary, but two people surrounded by hundreds of murderous villagers=fun in the sun??

Co-op will help Resident Evil 5, not hurt it.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#18 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

How many times during RE 0, did each of you say:

WHY ISNT THIS GAME CO-OP!

2 characters, but no co-op?

I nearly pissed myself when I heard RE 5 is co-op.

Imagine resident evil 1 with co-op, you and Barry Burton laying waste to those zombie bastards. TOGETHER

Come on, RE 5 co-op is awesome. You and a friend in a 'zombie' outbreak type thing, fighting together, thats awesome.

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

Can the whole Resident Evil franchise be destroyed by this co-op? Honeslty, where does Resident Evil get is uniqueness, its creativity = from the survival horror genre. Adding a friend could do away with that. How can you possibly be scared when its two on 4 and your across the map from the action. I mean like I love Resident Evil because of this horror factor and that factor is GONE from Resident Evil 5. Now its just another shooter you can play with your friend for one day, get all the achievements and stop playing. And why? Because there's no typewriter. That was another thing I LOVED. It made the game difficult. Now if you shoot a dude you are at a checkpoint. Sorry for ranting but I am kind of upset.

The only way that they can POSSIBLY fix this is by doing what I just ranted about. The two players NEED to be separated and NEED to operate (defend themselves) alone. There is absolutely no other way that this game can be scary with two players on the same squad. No other way. Resident Evil 4 wasn't even that scary; it just gave you the feeling that you about to get Merk'd standing up against that wall with 20 dudes and that thing with that bag over its head with a chainsaw in his hand. That was Survival Horror. And at its best.

Do you think Co-op plays that big a factor in the Resident Evil franchise?

Gama_Forever

Here's a nice idea, JUST DONT PLAY IT ON CO-OP AND STOP COMPLAINING LIKE A KID!!

Anyway RE was never as scary as Silent Hill or some other games, the way i see it, i'll beat the game by myself then replay it with a friend.

ACMCEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ACMCEAR
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts
First of all i think is a natural step to have coop when almost every game has coop now. Second i dont know if u havent noticed but since re4, which i loved, re4 turned more to action than survival horror.
nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts

wait, resident evil games are scary???

just bc it scares you, doesnt mean it scares everyone. some ppl just like the action

LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
I always wanted a co-op resident evil game, especially back in the RE2 days, that would have been amazing. I think this is going to open up a whole new world for RE fans and those looking to get into it...i'm super hyped about it
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

All the Resident Evils were based on patnerships and teams working together... Finally with the next-gen technology we have now, Capcom can put out a true Resident Evil co-op game.

I love the RE series and adding this feature is going to succeed where Resident Evil Online failed.

I'm looking forward to this. And for those who say Resident Evil was never scary, good for them. Resident Evil WAS considered a Survival Horror game... but with RE4 now it's an action thriller.

ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ChevelleFan
Member since 2004 • 1783 Posts

What bothers me more than the co-op (which is cool in some respects) is the blatant mainstreaming of the franchise to appeal to fans of RE 4. Most of RE 4's success came from the fact that it was primarily an action game with survival horror mixed in. It made the developers at Capcom feel pressured into delivering a similar game in order to appeal to that same audience, many of whom claim to be RE fans but openly mock the original games in the series. By catering soley to people who's first experience with an RE game was RE 4 they have neglected the true fans.

True RE fans knew that the Ganados, over the shoulder camera, and such were a refreshing change but the core experience of an RE game was a little weak. Now it seems that with RE 5 they have completely detached themselves from a survival horror game in favor of action. The scariest parts of the original RE games (RE 1-3) were not just the zombies (infinitely more frightening than crazed villagers) or the B.O.W.s but choices. Having to choose between taking shotgun with 10 rounds or a magnum with 20 is scary in itself.

Anyone who played RE 1-3 would know that having to make choices on weapons or health added to the "survival" experience as you weren't necessarily sure what creatures or enemies you would have to face. Making a bad decision would make certain areas alot more challenging. Now it seems that ammo, weapons, and health items are forcefed and left in every barrel or dropped from every other enemy. With no apparrent restriction on weapons all decision making has been eliminated from the equation. RE 5 from what we have been shown is now simply an unintelligent action game requiring no other thought process than choosing what enemy to shoot. Now even that choice is dumbed down with the added help of a squad mate. It is not like co-op is revolutionary in an RE game anyway as RE 0 implemented a co-op of sorts. If I wanted a co-op action shooter I would play Gears 2. The developers at Capcom need to know that just because co-op is now a popular mechanic in shooters doesn't mean they should destroy the core foundation of a franchise just to cash in on all the 13 year olds begging their parents for the game.

GrammarKills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GrammarKills
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
I see no problem with it having co-op that may have made me want to get the game, I enjoy co-op games.
gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts

You do have some interesting points Gama_Forever. I think the first 3 RE games had that horror factor because you didn't know what to expect. Lets remember, Resident Evil was a fresh product. It was a unique game. There weren't many of these horror games out when the first RE game debuted on PS1 and PC. I can see your point, I too am sad to see this horror factor become almost obsolete. I still remember the time in the first Resident Evil where the dog jumps through the window and made me jump big time. I totally wasn't expecting something like that. RE was a fresh product at the time.

However, sooner or later, the Resident Evil series needed to shake things up a bit. It cried out for new gameplay and a moveable camera. With Resident Evil 4, we got exactly that. It replaced the survival/horror gameplay with action. In truth, RE4 is more of an action game than a survival game. You can only go on so long making the same game and not change anything about it. If you keep the same idea with survival horror, I think this series would go stale. We know that Resident Evil couldn't have gone toward a FPS (Resident Evil Survivor anyone? That's all I need to say. Epic Failure). So the series is now more action based. I think Resident Evil did change for the better though. Even though you give up the horror and mystery element, you gain better gameplay and co-op. I think co-op is a nice feature to have. As others have mentioned, you don't HAVE to play co-op. It's just nice to know the feature is there.

MARINE_B0Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MARINE_B0Y
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
its not destroyed its improved
crummyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 crummyname
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
Don't play co-op then, nobody's forcing you to.
r1m1k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 r1m1k1
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

This would be a valid topic if this game was actually good at being a "survival horror" game. Don't get me wrong, Resident Evil series is one of the best and this game will blow us away but not for being scary. With this game, co-op only makes gameplay much for fun and social.

Want a horror game? Go play F.E.A.R. It's the closest thing to scary, which is only spine-chilling. Speaking of which, I am looking forward to Project Origin and will be furious if they make THAT co-op.

rikurocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rikurocker
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
re 4 was awsome and i think co-op will do great things for re 5
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts

The co-op doesn't ruin an already ruined series. The fact that this is like 4 ruins it. I don't care what people say to me, RE4 was a dumbed down RE with more action. I enjoyed it but it was a horrible survival horror game but would've made a great action game. They took out everything that was RE. Zombies(don't know how there can be a RE without these), backstory(I'm sure this one won't have any either but the RE series has had some great ones), being scary(this can go back to the definition of survival horror), too much ammo was in 4(in older ones you had to run from zombies sometimes otherwise you would run out of ammo), and puzzles(the ones in 4 were a joke)

So go ahead, flame me for being absolutely right. Noone can fight my statement that RE4 was a dumbed down RE with more action. Well, you can fight it, but you're wrong. Anyone who is a RE fan knows I'm right. Since 5 is looking alot like 4 with more enemies gives me the chills because my favorite game franchise is now speeding away from the survival horror genre. At the very least, they could give us some RE games that are like the older ones. Now, I actually enjoyed 4 more than a couple of the REs but like I said, it was more of an action game and that's not what RE is.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#32 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts
I would have to agree that the co-op sounds strange I mean I don't feel vunerable anymore because I have a buddy with me all the time I would have felt more vunerable more cautious if it was me by myslef against 50 pissed off villagers with very little ammo and weak weapons. Co-op would have been cool for the Mercnearies mini-game or a side story that involves co-op.
Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gama_Forever

It is agreed that I don't have to play co-op over live, but i still do have to play co-op. Name any game that actually makes two different games = one for the single player and the other for the co-op none. Yes, you are right in the fact that that AI will be the other guy. So now I am stuck with some dumb girl that doesn't shoot at the things that need to get shot at (in my case is good) but whenever she dies I have to start over? Usually in co-op games the single player experience is absolutely mediocre. Like try and play Gears by yourself. Especially on insane.

I love Resident evil and now that they've implemented this new co-op feature I kinda just want them to rename the game. There will be ZERO scariness (word?). Listen I need real terror. At least put some crazy scenes on at night. Really that would be good. I will probably be more scared for the game's success or failure than during the actual game.

ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
As people have said if you dont like it dont play co-op. Secondly when you do it doesnt give your more items or any handicap like that. You each have to share and we all know when your getting rushed by muderous mind controlled people the last thing on your mind is " hey buddy can I have a clip". And i thought the two players could get seperated if not careful. I swear i read that in gamespots run though of the demo. If not my mistake but still. Even with co-op RE is putting quality with quantity and that's one hell of a good sales idea.
ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
Also for everyone crying about it not being survival horror. it still is, it's just not what your used to. So just get Silent hill and Dead Space in the fall and leave RE on a high note for yourselves. If you think something is going bad dont keep playing it and leaving yourself with bad memories, stop when it's good
X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts
I'm glad RE5 has co-op.. and it was never a scary game anyway..Darkslayer16
I'll have to agree with him.
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#37 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
Co-op was the one thing I asked for after experiencing the awesomeness of RE4. Jackpot
Avatar image for killer_rabbit20
killer_rabbit20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 killer_rabbit20
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts
RE4 was never that scary, i haven't played the others but i really wanted to but never found them anywhere at EB Games. I agree with the typewriter bit but co op will be good. Even though the point of "Survival" is being on your own and it's pretty much no more "Survival" it will still be good. It's not very Resident Evil-ish anymore but you can't deny the fact that it will be a good game.
ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ChevelleFan

I don't know where everyone is getting this "if you don't want to play co-op then don't play it" crap. Last time I checked Capcom was not making a separate game for those wanting to play solo. The teammate is AI controlled if you are not playing with a friend which makes things even worse. The blatantly bad AI for both enemies and especially Sheva is what worries me. The enemies are not aggressive so you hardly feel threatened and Sheva is just a burden. In RE 5's current state you have hold Sheva's hand and protect her just like Ashley in RE 4 except now she can shoot a few people which she is hardly effective at.

Co-op hasn't destroyed RE but it sure poured salt on an already open wound. I admit that RE 4 was a great game but it was hardly RE save for the fact that some of the characters were from the RE series and the RE name was slapped on. It is obvious that the developers of RE 5 tried too hard to be like RE 4 and as a result created a game that is even farther away from the survival horror genre and even worse farther from RE. I think the final nail was hammered in the coffin when the developers at Capcom decided to use RE 4 as the new model for RE games.

Sure RE 5 will be successful but it wont be a result of Capcom catering to hardcore fans but by appealing to mainstream gamers and fans who's first RE game was RE 4. For me the series as it used to be is officially dead. Don't get me wrong though, the last thing I want is the same fixed camera angles and the same old locations. I would rather the game just feel like RE again. The game should have challenged the player forcing them to make decisions on ammo and health rather than forcefeeding them items. The fear factor has been destroyed in favor of pure action which is hardly RE. Any true RE fan finds RE's true fear lies in having to run past enemies to save ammo or having to choose one weapon over another. RIP true RE.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
yeah i think the scary side is gone RE is now officially an action series which is sad but it will still fun i just dont consider it a horror game anymore, they might as well be fighting humans.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
RE4 wasn't scary :? yet it was the best one yet
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gen007

I don't know where everyone is getting this "if you don't want to play co-op then don't play it" crap. Last time I checked Capcom was not making a separate game for those wanting to play solo. The teammate is AI controlled if you are not playing with a friend which makes things even worse. The blatantly bad AI for both enemies and especially Sheva is what worries me. The enemies are not aggressive so you hardly feel threatened and Sheva is just a burden. In RE 5's current state you have hold Sheva's hand and protect her just like Ashley in RE 4 except now she can shoot a few people which she is hardly effective at.

Co-op hasn't destroyed RE but it sure poured salt on an already open wound. I admit that RE 4 was a great game but it was hardly RE save for the fact that some of the characters were from the RE series and the RE name was slapped on. It is obvious that the developers of RE 5 tried too hard to be like RE 4 and as a result created a game that is even farther away from the survival horror genre and even worse farther from RE. I think the final nail was hammered in the coffin when the developers at Capcom decided to use RE 4 as the new model for RE games.

Sure RE 5 will be successful but it wont be a result of Capcom catering to hardcore fans but by appealing to mainstream gamers and fans who's first RE game was RE 4. For me the series as it used to be is officially dead. Don't get me wrong though, the last thing I want is the same fixed camera angles and the same old locations. I would rather the game just feel like RE again. The game should have challenged the player forcing them to make decisions on ammo and health rather than forcefeeding them items. The fear factor has been destroyed in favor of pure action which is hardly RE. Any true RE fan finds RE's true fear lies in having to run past enemies to save ammo or having to choose one weapon over another. RIP true RE.

ChevelleFan

true true what really disapointed at e3 is how recycled everything is yeah the engine looks great and they have been using it for all their games but thats all they have been working on if you look close you would have saw that all the enemies had the like 90% of the animations from re4 i hope that this changes since the have plenty of dev time left.

CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
just because it has co-op doesnt mean you have to use it......and RE4 was more about setting tension in the story and making you feel like your about to die at any second, im sure RE5 will be the same way.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gen007

just because it has co-op doesnt mean you have to use it......and RE4 was more about setting tension in the story and making you feel like your about to die at any second, im sure RE5 will be the same way.CardiacKid07

In RE 4 i really never felt any tension or was never even scared it felt like an actionmovie through and through. The only scary part in RE4 was maybe when your in the hospital. Now i think its sad that as graphics get better games are getting less scary i mean RE1 still to this gives me the willies.

ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ChevelleFan
[QUOTE="ChevelleFan"]

Gen007

true true what really disapointed at e3 is how recycled everything is yeah the engine looks great and they have been using it for all their games but thats all they have been working on if you look close you would have saw that all the enemies had the like 90% of the animations from re4 i hope that this changes since the have plenty of dev time left.

Same here. I really hope that the AI ws just dumbed down for E3 as the AI in the pre-E3 footage looked alot tougher and aggressive. I wouldn't mind having all kinds of ammo and health items if the AI was actually a threat. In the E3 footage all the item pickups seemed like overkill. I mean every other villager dropped ammo and almost every barrel had an item but the player hardly ever required those items to make it through the level. I remember in old REs how finding a green herb was a valuable not a thow away item.

YankeeDan345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 YankeeDan345
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts
Is there any word yet on if the co-op will be split screen?
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

Wow, the writer just got bashed like crazy. I UNDERSTAND what you are trying to say. RE 4 lost that sense of loneliness when its just you in a mansion, the fixed camera angles played a big role in this.

RE 4 & 5 will have that over the shoulder crap....which works. It went in a new direction and it works. But yes the RE franchise has LOST its sense of loneliness forever.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#48 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Glad coop finally came to RE. Its the main reason want to try this game out. Honestly was getting bored of the franchise. After seeing them play it at E3, it got me excited again.
Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gama_Forever

Wow, the writer just got bashed like crazy. I UNDERSTAND what you are trying to say. RE 4 lost that sense of loneliness when its just you in a mansion, the fixed camera angles played a big role in this.

RE 4 & 5 will have that over the shoulder crap....which works. It went in a new direction and it works. But yes the RE franchise has LOST its sense of loneliness forever.

CoreoVII

yeah definitely got bashed....dont play co-op HA! how fun is a game when you play with a dumb AI bot really?

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
i wudnt bother worrying ur self until the game comes out, co-op cant ruin the game, after all no one forces u to play it co op u will still be able to play one player lol