Raven/I.D. Software Boycott

This topic is locked from further discussion.

d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 d4v1dbow13
Member since 2009 • 614 Posts

After playing the Raven Software/ I.D. Wolfenstein game online i have encountered many problems such as, playing a match to earn gold and rank only to it stripped from me because the multiplayer stat tracking is currently glitched, getting into a match only to be looking at my feet not able to move or shoot, and when i do get into a match it is usually so choppy it is unplayable.(and news of the multiplayer Dev team being laid off the day the game launched leads me to believe we will never see a fix in the near future) After trying to contact Gamestop for a refund i was told that they cannot return my money only give me a new copy or i could trade it in for 20$. >.> I then attempted to contact Raven, ID, and Activision, having successfully contacted Raven because Activision Webpage is having problems that when i try to file a complaint the server says that it is unavailable to register. So in short I am boycotting later Raven and ID games such as Rage until further notice.

To those of you who were debating on getting wolfenstein, i highly recommend NOT getting it simply because in this day in age games should be tested to ensure quality. Honestly, this game could have came out on the original Xbox and it would probably be identical.

I encourage people who are having the same problems to post your opinions so we can get JUSTICE!!!!

Avatar image for deadly_shuriken
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deadly_shuriken
Member since 2009 • 1086 Posts
Start an online petition and get enough votes to get your voice heard Sucks about the crappy MP for Wolfenstein, I was looking forward to this game...will probably only be a rental now
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts

Have fun with that when the rest of us are playing Rage :P

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts

Shrapnel99
and eventually some Doom4 :P
hotplayer220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 hotplayer220
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

I have encountered no such problem, Everything has worked extremely well for myself. The guys I play with havent had any major issues either really from what I know.

I still think Wolfenstein is pretty sick.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
[QUOTE="Shrapnel99"]

gow117

I'll boycott with you until either it's for $20 or until these games come out. Whatever comes first I suppose.
d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 d4v1dbow13

[QUOTE="gow117"][QUOTE="Shrapnel99"]

craigalan23

I'll boycott with you until either it's for $20 or until these games come out. Whatever comes first I suppose.

Lol, Thanks for your support.

H_U_R_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 H_U_R_D
Member since 2006 • 4006 Posts

if u expected a lot out of wolfenstein, then that is ur main issue

iD makes amazing games, such as doom and quake

wolfenstein looked like a crappy re-hash of the old game on xbox, u really shouldnt have been giddy for excitement with this one

the new Riddick game had issues with mp when it came out, and i havnt touched it since, and guess what? Riddick is a re-hash of the old game with a new campaign and multiplayer thrown in...same thing practically

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="Shrapnel99"]

gow117

Yes. With these two, a boycott isn't going to work well. Just play the Wolfenstein singleplayer and sell the game. I'm sure you have other multiplayer games.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
[QUOTE="H_U_R_D"]

wolfenstein looked like a crappy re-hash of the old game on xbox, u really shouldnt have been giddy for excitement with this one

the new Riddick game had issues with mp when it came out, and i havnt touched it since, and guess what? Riddick is a re-hash of the old game with a new campaign and multiplayer thrown in...same thing practically

I don't think that's for you to decide. He was interested in the game, and when he bought it, it was broken. Sounds like a good reason to frown on ID to me...None of us would want to get burned on a game like that. He was telling you there's a problem with the online, and you call him an idiot for having high expectations of Wolfenstein? A father of the genre? Silly him.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I'm currently loving Wolfenstein's Single Player Campaign & very much so looking forward to both Rage & Doom 4, so I will not be participating in no such boycott.

H_U_R_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 H_U_R_D
Member since 2006 • 4006 Posts

[QUOTE="H_U_R_D"]

Mau-Justice

I don't think that's for you to decide. He was interested in the game, and when he bought it, it was broken. Sounds like a good reason to frown on ID to me...None of us would want to get burned on a game like that. He was telling you there's a problem with the online, and you call him an idiot for having high expectations of Wolfenstein? A father of the genre? Silly him.

the new wolfenstein=not the father of FPS

i wasnt telling him hes an idiot, ur putting words in my mouth

its just that he shouldnt boycott one of the best gaming developers every cuz he got a crappy mp experience from one game that wasnt even developed exclusively by iD...he should get his facts right before posting his rant on how bad his experience was...and i thought that since gamespot is a company based in the United States of America, that i would be able to express my opinions, like it says in the Constitution...so dont give me that garbage of yours

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

Well maybe you should have done some research before buying the game. If these glitches are common, then the word would spread, and you could have avoided the game. Your fault.

Or, alternatively, if the glitches aren't common, then sitting here bashing the developer isn't justified, either.

Boycott them if you want, but somehow I think you're just mad at yourself for buying a bad game and you want to take it out on somebody else.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

The day I boycott raven and id games, is the day I stop playing games!

Wolfy got a great single player.

Multiplayer isnt needed.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

The day I boycott raven and id games, is the day I stop playing games!

Wolfy got a great single player.

Multiplayer isnt needed.

mimic-Denmark

It's about time I hear someone besides me say that.

d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 d4v1dbow13

While i agree with people saying the single player mode is ok, i don't understand how i have my facts mixed as other members are saying. I was excited to play this title being a fan of the other wolfensteins so i bought the game on launch day after viewing many reviews that only cover the singleplayer for some reason, only to find many problems with the MP experience. If someone sold you, say a automobile, and two wheels didnt'work would you be mad you bought it for full price? Just because the "norm" for a new videogame is $60, doens't mean all games are worth it. I'm just stating my opinion and you guys are entitled to your own, but dont accuse me of being misinformed.

d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 d4v1dbow13

Three days and still no word from either. Rather sad i think.

Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
[QUOTE="gow117"][QUOTE="Shrapnel99"]

Can't wait for Doom 4.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#19 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Okay... your fault for buying Wolfenstein only for the MP. I myself have been enjoying the campaign of it.
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

While i agree with people saying the single player mode is ok, i don't understand how i have my facts mixed as other members are saying. I was excited to play this title being a fan of the other wolfensteins so i bought the game on launch day after viewing many reviews that only cover the singleplayer for some reason, only to find many problems with the MP experience. If someone sold you, say a automobile, and two wheels didnt'work would you be mad you bought it for full price? Just because the "norm" for a new videogame is $60, doens't mean all games are worth it. I'm just stating my opinion and you guys are entitled to your own, but dont accuse me of being misinformed.

d4v1dbow13

So you admit you only read reviews about the single-player and that was enough for you. Thats your fault. Its your fault for not waiting to hear reviews about the multiplayer.

And as for your car-buying analogy - I wouldn't buy a car that I had never test drove and done a ton of research on. The two examples are not comparable, sorry.

DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
I've been boyotting them ever since that mistake called Quake Wars. Their quaility has been going down hill over the years.
DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
iD makes amazing games, such as doom and quakeH_U_R_D
Correction. ID HAS made amazings games in the past.
Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
I've been boyotting them ever since that mistake called Quake Wars. Their quaility has been going down hill over the years. DPhunkT
The PC version of Quake Wars was made by Splash Damage and the console versions were made by Nerve Software. Both were published by Activision. Don't go criticizing iD for something they didn't make.
Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
[QUOTE="seankane"]

[QUOTE="d4v1dbow13"]

So you admit you only read reviews about the single-player and that was enough for you. Thats your fault. Its your fault for not waiting to hear reviews about the multiplayer.

And as for your car-buying analogy - I wouldn't buy a car that I had never test drove and done a ton of research on. The two examples are not comparable, sorry.

Using a car analogy when trying to justify something about a video game rarely works from everything I've read.
d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 d4v1dbow13

[QUOTE="d4v1dbow13"]

seankane

For those of you who are illiterate, I said the reviews ONLY COVERED SINGLE PLAYER, meaning THEY DID NOT COVER MULTIPLAYER. I did however watch many videos showing the multiplayer that looked promising. I usually prefer classed based multiplay because it is not a weapon race, which is why i was interested in this multiplayer. Thank you Seankane for perpetuating ignorance.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

The stat tracking does break after a bit. All you have to do is go to the main menu and back to multiplayer after a few games. I think the lag has actually gotten better somehow. I haven't had the looking at your feet glitch in awhile. =-)

parducciman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 parducciman
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

[QUOTE="Shrapnel99"]

gow117

Ditto.

Boycotts are silly anyway.

d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 d4v1dbow13

Still no word from any parties involved. At least awknowlegde that something is wrong here and make an attempt to fix it instead of just shrugging off the problem.