This topic is locked from further discussion.

sentinelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sentinelace
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
anyone else feel this way? Graphics are okay. Multiplayer sucks bad and the campaign is a run around of stupid quests. Quake creators my butt. What do you guys think?
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

It's the best looking 360 game to date. As far as the actual gameplay, I dunno. Maybe it's just not your type of game.

vamroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 vamroc
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts

Here's the skinny it's a great game BUT the last half hour "falls off the rails like a crazy train" and to qoute Adam Sessler "THIS GAME HAS THE WORST ENDING I HAVE EVER SEEN"

Palehorse2211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Palehorse2211
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts

I never made it to the end because like the original poster I found it boring and lame from jump street. I already took it back to Game Stop and traded it.

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

I love it.

11 hours in and I just made it to the second disc.

RedReckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 RedReckoning
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts

I warned people that this game would be repetitive and a clone of other games. I was thumbed down.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
gorgeous looking game i have the ps3 version one of the best looking games today i love it
ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

I can see where it could be considered "repetitive", but it is certainly not broing and the visuals are better than anything to date in my opinion!!!

Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
I find that the graphics look amazing in this game but from what I have read the gameplay is subpar.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
anyone else feel this way? Graphics are okay. Multiplayer sucks bad and the campaign is a run around of stupid quests. Quake creators my butt. What do you guys think?sentinelace
well I'm sorry but what were you expecting? quake? doom? its an rpg-fps hybrid, youre probably playing the wrong game
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I only have 2 hours in so far but I thought it was fun.
Technomancer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Technomancer82
Member since 2011 • 215 Posts

Honestly does feel kinda generic and... bleh.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
It's alright, it's nothing special even the graphics and don't get me started on the story lol (but again so many fps fail at stories)
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I'm about 4 hours in and enjoying it. Honestly it's exactly what I expected from Carmack so I'm good with that.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
4 hrs in and I like it so far, looks great, and I love the wingsticks, gameplay has been fine so far, some of the side quests are tedious, but not that big of a deal, I'll wait until I finish the game before I become a hater
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Amazing graphics don't make a great game it's all a bit "fah!" gameplay wise.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

I warned people that this game would be repetitive and a clone of other games. I was thumbed down.

RedReckoning
It's not for everything. I thought the same thing about Ratchet & Clank. Seriously repetitive game. Action was good, but I was doing the same thing over and over against through different levels.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Nope...don't agree...so far the game is fun, and looks great. However not everyone likes the same stuff.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

It's the best looking 360 game to date. As far as the actual gameplay, I dunno. Maybe it's just not your type of game.

driftingsilvia
Yeah, I'm loving it. I think it's 10 X more fun than the Fallout series, which seemed to get much love. There may be a little too many fetch missions, but I'm enjoying them anyways. Rage = Fun in my book.
ZodofWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ZodofWar
Member since 2011 • 51 Posts
[QUOTE="sentinelace"]anyone else feel this way? Graphics are okay. Multiplayer sucks bad and the campaign is a run around of stupid quests. Quake creators my butt. What do you guys think?penpusher
well I'm sorry but what were you expecting? quake? doom? its an rpg-fps hybrid, youre probably playing the wrong game

RPG-FPS? Where do you see RPG elements? Because you can make your own weapons? No. RPG means a lot more than that. It means that over the course of the game, I'm going to be adding points to the skills in which I found most valuable. That doesn't happen in RAGE. In RAGE, you walk around using your shotgun for EVERYTHING, until you run out of shotgun ammo. Then, you use something else, until you run out of that ammo. RAGE is a one trick pony. A slight of hand. "Look at my graphics..." the game says "But don't notice that you've done essentially the same quest OVER and OVER and OVER." Don't get me wrong: AI is amazing for the most part. The way they traverse the areas is amazing to watch, hard to predict, and satisfying when you catch them the right way. The game looks stunning in certain areas. But this game doesn't know WTF it is, so how can any of us? It's a racing game, with FPS intermission? Or a FPS with racing interludes? Whatever it is, I promise you. it is NOT an RPG.
nyran125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nyran125
Member since 2008 • 707 Posts

the problem io have with RAGE, its just not interesting. Theres nothing interesting keeping me engaged to it. The world is kind of lacklustre and boring, the gameplay is pretty typical, but yet not as fun as borderlands. Theworld your in kind of seems pointless, the quests seem just a bit bla. go find missing person because yourthe onlytough guy running around a strange landscape that doesnt seem to make any sense. So BAndits are nasty? but theres people by themselves SITTING out in the wastelands guarding sewer entrances. So bandits are dangerous? but 1 guy can guarda swer entrance that doesn teven seem to have a gun? Just doesnt make any sense. Fallout 3 at least made a bit of sense in a fictional world.

Id rather go replay borderlands or play farcry 2 than this, at least the premise is a little interesting. For $89US? i bought Borderlands + all expansions for $4 and 5 minutes of that game is more fun than an hour of this. At least Bioshock put me into a whole new world where it made me care about what was happening. This doesnt even attempt to make me give a sht. I can shoot thingsin any game. I coul dplay through the call of duty Modern Warfare series 1-3 and have tons more fun than this. I could replay fallout 3 and get more out of it.

They should of stuck with theDOOM formula , but in a post apcoloptic wasteland. DOOM 3 OWNs OWNs OWNs OWNs OWNs this game. The should go back to making FPS's with some balls and flag the open world formula.

nyran125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nyran125
Member since 2008 • 707 Posts

Dead Island has more balls and is more interesting than this game. DOOM 4 please and DONT make it open world...god lol. At least in Borderlands it kind of felt like a bizarre cartoon that kept me interested. With the crazy robot and strange fictional world that kept me relatively engaged. As i played RAGE, i could fully feel th efallout 3 wannabe stuff in it but trying to make it primarily a shooter. They needed more shooting and less sandbox , for SURE in this game.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I actually like Rage it's one of my fav games this gen.

allboutkiln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 allboutkiln
Member since 2010 • 508 Posts

While i can understand all the hate, i don't see it as a total failure. I enjoyed replaying it with a better knowledge of it's weapon systems. Yes, this game could have been made better with a longer development cycle, a bigger world, and true rpg elements,..here's hoping.