Questions about xbox 360 save files

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowsRunner
Member since 2006 • 742 Posts
Is it possible to copy a save file of a certain game from your xbox 360 onto a regular USB drive then use it on others xbox 360?
DvnDrgnXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DvnDrgnXD
Member since 2006 • 530 Posts

Yes it is possible and it is a real good way of getting your GameScore reset to 0 on Xbox LIVE. Microsoft had implimented an interneal program to search for Achievments that you didnt earn and as such violates Xbox LIVES ToU. So you should only do that if you have on intention on using LIVE.

How the program works is that if looks at how long you have played the game compared to the Achievments. If something fishy comes up (say you copy an EndWar save file which has all Achievments and you pop in the game, the Xbox LIVE program will read, ok this guy has only played for 00:30 and has all 50 Achievments) they will do an investigation (which you will not know about) and if there is evidence of cheating (because thats what it is) your GameScore will be reset. It is irrivocable because they only reset if the evidence is against you. If the evidence is against you, you did it.

DvnDrgnXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DvnDrgnXD
Member since 2006 • 530 Posts
Oh and your GamerTag is also labled right under everything A CHEATER.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

Yes it is possible and it is a real good way of getting your GameScore reset to 0 on Xbox LIVE. Microsoft had implimented an interneal program to search for Achievments that you didnt earn and as such violates Xbox LIVES ToU. So you should only do that if you have on intention on using LIVE.

How the program works is that if looks at how long you have played the game compared to the Achievments. If something fishy comes up (say you copy an EndWar save file which has all Achievments and you pop in the game, the Xbox LIVE program will read, ok this guy has only played for 00:30 and has all 50 Achievments) they will do an investigation (which you will not know about) and if there is evidence of cheating (because thats what it is) your GameScore will be reset. It is irrivocable because they only reset if the evidence is against you. If the evidence is against you, you did it.

DvnDrgnXD
he didnt even mention achievements look at his question, nor did he mention cheating. i wouldnt be to fast to judge in case your wrong No you cant transfer saved games onto a USB memory stick/flash drive. you can only transfer them onto the memory cards you buy with the xbox or seperatley. now how it works depends what you want to do if you want to hook your friend up with one of your saved games to get your progress you can. follow below if you say have a saved game with so many levels done and copy it to your memory card and take it to a friends xbox then he can browse the memory card and copy the game into his profile and use it. this stops you from getting achievements on that saved game but the saved game will work fine. if you want to take a saved game around a friends and play as you, then do the same as above but also on the memory card you need to MOVE (cant copy it) your gamerprofile onto the memory card when u copy the saved games needed. then you will be able to login as you on ur friends system and play and stil clock the achievements. you have to have a memory card, you cant do this with a generic usb memory stick. alternativly if u want to do the 2nd one and have no memoroy card you can just unplug your hard drive and then plug it into your friends and play on that like normal also. but ur friend wont have his profile on the system to join in unless u recover it
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 djrobst

DvnDrgnXD
if people use game saves the saves dont unlock all the achievements u download saves upto the point before the achievement and load the game and take 2 mins to do whats needed for the points. but u cant do it anymore unless u can hack the game saves on ur pc with a action replay style kit that can change owner ship to ur gamertag so ur xbox cant tell its been started by someone else. if someone hacks their own gamertag for xbox live to say stuff getting unlocked (this is when u see people who have 1000 points in every game going, even multiple regions (eg they may have say PGR4 in europe, japan and have 2 seperate 1000 points for it.) well these are the ones that get sussed for it. ur kinda on the right lines how they get sussed to do with the time, but it aint like u think about time played. what happens is when you unlock a acheivement on your xbox legit, it leaves in the database which forms your gamertag a entry to say this was unlocked. and also gives a date and time when it was unlocked. now if u are one of these cheaters when u hack ur gamertag locally to mass unlcok achievements then they have blank time stamps. or if they exploit is pretty advanced then at best they will have identicle time stamps. easy to detect once someone files a complaint for tampering on xbox live like. but the time stamps give them away. the time stamps are also crucial for helping target mod'd xboxes. say ur playing a game way early thats been leaked, eg GTA IV on a modded xbox. and before release u wernt playing on a offline only gamertag then any achievements if ur date and times set right will be logged and when u go online it sends em to ms, and if they look into people playing it well early then they can see when u played it and unlocked achievements on they centeral database. although its not enough for them to straight out ban you, i know people who been good on copied systems for ages and get sloppy and start playing stuff b4 release online to show off they got the game and they learnt the hardway and got looked into and banned. even with extreme
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 djrobst
Oh and your GamerTag is also labled right under everything A CHEATER.DvnDrgnXD
lol id love to see that got any links to someones profile who had it done to them?
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

[QUOTE="DvnDrgnXD"]Oh and your GamerTag is also labled right under everything A CHEATER.djrobst
lol id love to see that got any links to someones profile who had it done to them?

Check out the profile of stripclubdj

He was on something crazy like 200,000 + Gamerscore, but lost it all when MS started investigating dodgy accounts.

For the TC - you can transfer saves onto a memory unit to use on another console, but they are also tied to your gamertag, so you will only be able to use them on another console with your gamertag. This is to prevent people cheating and unlocking achievements on a gamertag without achieving it themselves

ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShadowsRunner
Member since 2006 • 742 Posts
[QUOTE="DvnDrgnXD"]

djrobst

he didnt even mention achievements look at his question, nor did he mention cheating. i wouldnt be to fast to judge in case your wrong No you cant transfer saved games onto a USB memory stick/flash drive. you can only transfer them onto the memory cards you buy with the xbox or seperatley. now how it works depends what you want to do if you want to hook your friend up with one of your saved games to get your progress you can. follow below if you say have a saved game with so many levels done and copy it to your memory card and take it to a friends xbox then he can browse the memory card and copy the game into his profile and use it. this stops you from getting achievements on that saved game but the saved game will work fine. if you want to take a saved game around a friends and play as you, then do the same as above but also on the memory card you need to MOVE (cant copy it) your gamerprofile onto the memory card when u copy the saved games needed. then you will be able to login as you on ur friends system and play and stil clock the achievements. you have to have a memory card, you cant do this with a generic usb memory stick. alternativly if u want to do the 2nd one and have no memoroy card you can just unplug your hard drive and then plug it into your friends and play on that like normal also. but ur friend wont have his profile on the system to join in unless u recover it

Thanks a lot man. You really save me big time from having to talk back to these jerks

DarthSlayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 DarthSlayor
Member since 2005 • 1417 Posts

Can you still earn DLC achievements?

NavyJay007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NavyJay007
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I have a saved game for my Sonic The Hedgehog game saved on a NON XBOX Live profile. I would like to move it and change its ownership to a new XBOX Live Profile that I have created for my wife. Can it be done and if so how?
kmart_43210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 kmart_43210
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts

I have a saved game for my Sonic The Hedgehog game saved on a NON XBOX Live profile. I would like to move it and change its ownership to a new XBOX Live Profile that I have created for my wife. Can it be done and if so how?NavyJay007

I'm fairly certain save games are not transferable between profiles.

NavyJay007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NavyJay007
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
What if I delete the profile but not the saved game file. The save game is owned by the profile that is the non xbox live profile.
kmart_43210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 kmart_43210
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts

What if I delete the profile but not the saved game file. The save game is owned by the profile that is the non xbox live profile.NavyJay007

You said it, the save game is owned by the offline profile. If you were to delete that, the save file would become useless :?

lexxxy52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lexxxy52
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts

you can move most save game files but some are restricted and cannot be moved to name a few examples of games that can not be moved the last remnant, forza motorsport 2, viva pinata and dead or alive just google search it and you will finds a full list of the restrictions