Quantum Theory?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MichaelJohnMele
MichaelJohnMele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MichaelJohnMele
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I know this may be an odd question, but I was wondering if I should buy Quantum Theory on the Xbox 360 or PS3? The reason I ask is because I mainly buy games that I will play online on the Xbox just because it has a better online community for the most part, however with not much information really available for the game I didn't know what expectations if any to have in regard to the online side of things. I would assume it would be setup to play like Gears of War, which isn't a bad thing at all, but I just don't know. Any help would be appreciated?

Mike

Xbox and PSN gamertags are both MikeJMele

franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 franky_babylon
Member since 2008 • 1117 Posts

Play the demo first, I found this game to be a pass for me.

As far as your question if you do like the game and you dont care about achievements and or no online, then PS3 might be a option but remember most multi-plats are better on 360 IMO.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#3 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

I know this may be an odd question, but I was wondering if I should buy Quantum Theory on the Xbox 360 or PS3? The reason I ask is because I mainly buy games that I will play online on the Xbox just because it has a better online community for the most part, however with not much information really available for the game I didn't know what expectations if any to have in regard to the online side of things. I would assume it would be setup to play like Gears of War, which isn't a bad thing at all, but I just don't know. Any help would be appreciated?

Mike

MichaelJohnMele

Quntum Theory is BAD game..PLay the demo first mate..It is a waist of money according to me.

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

that game is the crack yonkie version of gears of war

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

The setting remind me of an old RPG where the story take place entirely in a single story in a large tower.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="MichaelJohnMele"]

Mike

EvilSelf

Quntum Theory is BAD game..PLay the demo first mate..It is a waist of money according to me.

They should have followed suit like "This is Vegas" (50 million dollar loss), and canceled the darn game.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Try the demo to see if you like it, as for me, I don't like it, but I hope the full game doesn't disappoint.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Yeah, it's a total rip off of Gears of War, except it's badly done;)

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

I thought it wasn't so bad, plus its single player focused so its sorta a plus for me. Might get it, once its lower in price. Which, shouldn't be long the way i see it. :lol:

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

i played the demo and it felt like i was a generic version of gears of war. So in my opinion i wouldnt buy this, as a matter of fact i have a feeling this game is gonna drop in price fairly quickly because of the poor sales its going to get.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

At one stage i was really pumped up for this game (due to my brother claiming it to be such an awesome game :P) But that has really all changed now that i look at it closer. It really does just look like a generic version of Gears of War. I may be wrong about all this but it doesn't seem so great after all.

As for your question, you should pick it up on the Xbox 360, multiplats are much better on the 360 IMO, you will also add to your gamerscore and have a better online community to play with.

atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

after playing the demo this is only a rental for me. on psn qt has over 4400 votes and is only ranking 2.26 outa 5 at the moment not lookin great yet.

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
[QUOTE="MichaelJohnMele"]

Mike

get the xbox 360 version....the ps3 version is stupid like all ps3 games
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Really bad and blatant Gears knockoff
Avatar image for MichaelJohnMele
MichaelJohnMele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MichaelJohnMele
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Thank you everyone for your advice, it is greatly appreciated. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game was originally supposed to be a PS3 exclusive, and based on what I hear that decision was probably because it was so similar to Gears of War and most likely because many PS3 owners have never played the original Gears. I'm only a couple of months into my Xbox, so a lot of the exclusives are still new to me such as Gears of War, and with that said that may be the reason that both Gears and Quantum Theory both look new and interesting to me. Honestly, I used to be a PS3 fan boy but after purchasing an Xbox I realized I was an idiot and have been missing out on a lot of good games. Both systems have their share of really good games and both have their pros and cons, I just don't know if and/or what the difference would be in the two versions and which one would be the better buy. Have there really been noticeable differences between versions on different systems of any game?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Thank you everyone for your advice, it is greatly appreciated. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game was originally supposed to be a PS3 exclusive, and based on what I hear that decision was probably because it was so similar to Gears of War and most likely because many PS3 owners have never played the original Gears. I'm only a couple of months into my Xbox, so a lot of the exclusives are still new to me such as Gears of War, and with that said that may be the reason that both Gears and Quantum Theory both look new and interesting to me. Honestly, I used to be a PS3 fan boy but after purchasing an Xbox I realized I was an idiot and have been missing out on a lot of good games. Both systems have their share of really good games and both have their pros and cons, I just don't know if and/or what the difference would be in the two versions and which one would be the better buy. Have there really been noticeable differences between versions on different systems of any game?

MichaelJohnMele

It was a PS3 exclusive at 1st. And both versions are probably the same.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Something tells me this game wont be setting any sales records, especially on the 360. I doubt you will find much of an online community on either console.