Puzzler "The Witness" confirmed for Xbox One release

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Looks like it has a tentative release date of Sept 13. Not really into puzzlers except for the occasional gem, and it so happens my favorite puzzle game Braid was done by the same dev.

Might pick it up at the right price...details below as this was announced via IGN

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2016/08/23/the-witness-for-xbox-one-announced

The Witness for Xbox One Announced

The developers are aiming for a September release date.

by Chloi Rad

IGN | Aug, 23 2016

The Witness is coming to Xbox One, creator Jonathan Blow has exclusively revealed to IGN.

Blow and his team at Thekla Inc. are aiming for a September 13, 2016 release date. An iOS version is also still in the works.

According to Blow, the Xbox One version of The Witness will not differ from its PC or PlayStation 4 versions.

“There are some technical differences, but it’s basically the same game,” Blow told IGN, dismissing the idea of platform-exclusive content for The Witness.

“I feel like that would kind of… mess up the game,” he continued.

Thekla is also continuing to work on the iOS version of The Witness, which will be the same open-world, 3D, first-person puzzle game as it is on PC, PlayStation 4, and soon, Xbox One, just with lower-end graphics. Currently, Thekla is experimenting with tap-based movement rather than on-screen arrow keys: a single tap to walk, double tap to run, two-finger strafing, and so on.

With all the fine-tuning that needs to be done on movement, graphics, and more, there is no release date set for The Witness on iOS just yet.

“It’s such a lower-end platform and we have to redo a ton of stuff,” Blow told IGN.

The Witness was first announced for consoles in 2013 as a PlayStation 4 exclusive, hitting the PS4 and PC on January 26 of this year. Prior to its launch, Blow discussed why the game was revealed as a console exclusive on PS4.

Be sure to read IGN's full review of The Witness from when the game originally released earlier this year.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#2 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

while the game does look pretty, I'm not really interested in the only puzzles approach, although my gf could enjoy it....