Problem with a chatpad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

I just bought a Chat-pad one of the new black ones and its not working, or it might work my X-box just may not see it or something like that. When I look in the instructions it tells me little more then how to snap it in. is there an install I'm missing ? An update I need to search for ? Or should the X-box recognize it right when I attach it to the controller?

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

dont take my word for it but the xbox should pick it up right away because the xbox controller is synced so it should sync rite away or in a few seconds

Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

A little strange that there inst anything to notify you that it is connected to the X-box.

Gah I don't want to have to return it already I just got home for the day :_: (edited out)

Edit:

Ok so I found the issue and I'm not the only one who had this issue so ill post it here for any future reference because it was a pain to find any thing about this searching the net.

when you install the chatpad clicking it in will not always click all of the connecters in so you may have to press really REALLY hard (felt like mine was going to snap) you will hear a second pop that was louder then the original pop and then it should work, don't know if they changed the size or shape for the black chat pads but I never had a problem like this with the older ones.

JediZamfir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JediZamfir
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
ONIRESURRECT: thank you SO MUCH. Had the same problem and kept thinking I was missing something. You do have to apply VERY HARD pressure but it works like a charm. Again, thanks for sharing your findings.
kyancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 kyancy
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
WOW! Thank u so much! I had already replaced my original one thinking it was a lemon. Now I have two functioning chatpads! Thank you again!!!
Andrew1234_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Andrew1234_1
Member since 2003 • 49 Posts

holy cow you are right. i just applied mad pressure and it finally POPPED in lol. youd think they would make it easier to setup :p

nave741

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nave741
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Yep I had the same problem. Actually had MS support on theline for over an hourand they couldn't figure it out. They just told me pop itinuntil you hear a "click", they nevementioned anything about a second click. Returned it the orginal retailer, got a new one and crushed it into place....now I'm up and running. Thanks man...

Interesting that MS support or forums doesn't have the answer for this fix but Gamespot forums do! LOL!

Chupon_LC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chupon_LC
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Wow a year old thread from a google search actually helped me. Thank you random internet gamers!
Lokar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#9 Lokar
Member since 2004 • 143 Posts

I hope this works for me too. I just had the same thing happen with a new pad. They really should start to put this explanation on the chatpad box!

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
I also have a chatpad (although mine is quite old now, I would say about 2-3 years). You really do have to make sure that it is pressed in perfectly. What I do when I put it back in is I shove it in the middle, then look underneath on the sides with the connector things, and shove those in seperately. Then a final push when you think it's connected. You HAVE to make sure that both of the connectors underneath are in the holes. If one isn't in, it will not work ;).
eswordman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 eswordman1
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
i came across a problem with the chat-pad and i was wondering if anyone else experienced it. my problem was that after a couple months of use my mic stopped working as in i couldn't hear anything and my voice would cut in and out. I went out and got a second mic and the same problem occurred. Has this happened to anyone else and if it has what did u do about it???
missy13d69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 missy13d69
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Thanks for coming back and posting the answer on how to fix this issue. We just got a new chat pad and couldn't get it working. I googled the problem and found this first.I gave it a try and it worked! Thanks!
jasminLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jasminLove
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Wow it actually really works THANKS ALOT i had to bang mine on the table to make it work and AGAIN THAANK YOU !!!!
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
super necro thread
motel37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points