Play and Charge or AA Rechargeable batteries?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts

So currently I am using a play and charge kit for my controller, but it is getting to the point again where it no longer holds any charge and I have to keep it plugged in constantly. Another problem is my wire has to be held a certain way for the red light to come on which makes playing annoying at times.

So it is time to once again purchase another one of these, but this time I am wondering whether or not I should get another (my third) play and charge kit.. or pick up some rechargeable batteries instead. I am kind of leaning towards the batteries due to the fact that I also have a turtle beach headset that makes a buzzing noise when my play and charge kit is plugged in.

However, which in the long run is the better deal overall? I can live with a buzzing noise if the play and charge is a better deal. Also what is the best rechargeable batteries and charger brand if that is the way to go.

Thanks for your help :)!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No contest

AA's, you can get a higher capacity battery for less money

Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dr_Snood
Any recommendations on a Charger and Battery brand? Or do they all work fine?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jaysonguy

Any recommendations on a Charger and Battery brand? Or do they all work fine?Dr_Snood

Well are you the kind of person who plans to charge a lot and let them sit or are you just going to charge/play/charge/play?

If you want them to sit I'd say grab some Enelope's since they don't die (much) on the shelf once charged

I'm a charge/play/charge kind of guy so I grabbed some Energizers

They have 15 min chargers for more but ehhh, I don't see the point

I'd say grab any reputable maker, Duracell's are good too.

Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dr_Snood
Yeah I'm more of a charge play type of guy. Thanks for your help :)
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jaysonguy

No sweat, now you just have to shop around to see who's got the best price

RighteousNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 RighteousNixon
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts
I have tried almost every rechargeable AA battery on the market and I definitely prefer Sanyo eneloop. Why people would use non rechargeable AA batteries over rechargeable is something I will never understand. Its saves a significant amount of money over the long haul plus its far far better for the environment. It would boggle the mind how many use batteries get thrown into landfills every year. Over 3 billion batteries are purchased every year in the US and the majority of them wind up in the garbage.
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 fadeetoblackk
Member since 2011 • 459 Posts
[QUOTE="Dr_Snood"]

So currently I am using a play and charge kit for my controller, but it is getting to the point again where it no longer holds any charge and I have to keep it plugged in constantly. Another problem is my wire has to be held a certain way for the red light to come on which makes playing annoying at times.

So it is time to once again purchase another one of these, but this time I am wondering whether or not I should get another (my third) play and charge kit.. or pick up some rechargeable batteries instead. I am kind of leaning towards the batteries due to the fact that I also have a turtle beach headset that makes a buzzing noise when my play and charge kit is plugged in.

However, which in the long run is the better deal overall? I can live with a buzzing noise if the play and charge is a better deal. Also what is the best rechargeable batteries and charger brand if that is the way to go.

Thanks for your help :)!

hey dude just so you know if your computer is anywhere near your xbox you should just power your turtle beachs through that usb port. It will make the buzzing noise stop. I had the same problem so I just power them through my laptop. But in general since you have a headset and plug and plays never last that long batteries seem like a good idea to me.
javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
Rechargeable all the way
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#11 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Rechargeable. The play and charge kit has the same problem that the Dual Shock 3 has - you lose the entire benefit of having it wireless when the battery dies. I keep four AAs on hand for my 360 controller - two in the controller, two charged. When the controller dies, I pop in the fresh ones and charge the dead ones. Takes about twenty seconds and I'm back to playing wirelessly. No futzing around with a cable. A decent charger and four AAs shouldn't set you back any more than $20 - Sanyo Eneloops or the newer Duracells are great (hilariously, many Duracells are rebranded Eneloops).