pistol wipping in gears of war!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bi9nuttz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bi9nuttz
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
One thing i hope they change in the new gears of war is the fact that you can unload n entire clip and not down somone, yet hit them with the gun and there stunned, hit them again and there down. This is quite annoying as this encourages people to to do this and takes the fun out of the game (just give the characters planks of wood!). The fact is the power of a melee attack is completely dis-proportionate to the rest of the weapons. i think 3 or 4 melee attacks to down would be more reasonable. let me Know what you think?
dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts
The body armor is what keeps the bullets from being more lethal. A melee attack is pretty brutal and up close. Imagine being shot while wearing the thick COG armor or being clobbered by a heavy metal gun in the back of the head. I think the melee is fine and that you just have to learn how to avoid getting smacked.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
I think it's fine. If someone wants to just go around meleeing people, then don't let them get too close. Use your shotgun to blast them to pieces.
Bi9nuttz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bi9nuttz
so your quite happy for the other team to walk round with the handguns out pistol wipping, this makes an enjoyable game??
HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 HaDoKeN_NaTe
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts
yea its pretty easy to avoid bein melee'd ne way...i hate when ppl do it..but i just watch em do it and learn to not get to close to em or just back up when they try it....or just learn to do it to them
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
Yes of course I am perfectly fine if the other team decides to only use handguns, I wish everybody was that stupid.
Bi9nuttz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bi9nuttz
you have people picking up the sniper rifle and hiding just so they can but people with it, for me this takes some of the fun out of the game.
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts
whats wipping?
HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HaDoKeN_NaTe

whats wipping?mfp16

lol i didn't even realize that hahahahaha good one...but really..melee ppl r easiest to kill just get ur shotgun out

dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dxy592

you have people picking up the sniper rifle and hiding just so they can but people with it, for me this takes some of the fun out of the game.Bi9nuttz

it's annoying but it's not unbeatable. i'm actually more afraid of a person who can snipe well than a person who uses it as a golf club.

Bi9nuttz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bi9nuttz
dont get me wrong im no mug at this game and i use the sniper gun to shoot bullets as well as all the other weapons but the shotguns eratic which i dont mind, infact this adds to the game but when you shoot them from close range with a shotgun and they run straight through it and hit you cumon! and anybody who say's this dont happen to them or there to good for this to happen to them is lieing. like i said im pretty good at this game and if i really wanted to witch i DONT i could sneak up on most people and hit them with my gun.
HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HaDoKeN_NaTe

dont get me wrong im no mug at this game and i use the sniper gun to shoot bullets as well as all the other weapons but the shotguns eratic which i dont mind, infact this adds to the game but when you shoot them from close range with a shotgun and they run straight through it and hit you cumon! and anybody who say's this dont happen to them or there to good for this to happen to them is lieing. like i said im pretty good at this game and if i really wanted to witch i DONT i could sneak up on most people and hit them with my gun.Bi9nuttz

actually it does happen to me but its pretty easy to avoid...i treat em like bulls...i step to the side and shoot...it works most of the time and i usually get a haed shot for it lol

dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dxy592
Epic says they have fixed this issue in Gears 2. Bullets will slow down opponents so they can't rush through fire to smack you in the face.
Bi9nuttz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bi9nuttz
glad to hear that dont get me wrong im not saying take it out of the game im just saying get it in propotion with the power of the guns i.e the person shooting should come out on top. Its not always a case of JUST MOVE OUT THE WAY, if it was that easy to play games then no one would ever die. or maybe some people should just play condemned lol
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

It's called a shotgun. Use it. I never getted pistol whipped anymore. If I see a guy rolling at me I just pull out my shotgun and rip him to shreds.

Bi9nuttz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bi9nuttz
well you must just to good for everyone else then fella hay, lets hope i never come across you and your shotgun lol!!!
Bi9nuttz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bi9nuttz

It's called a shotgun. Use it. I never getted pistol whipped anymore. If I see a guy rolling at me I just pull out my shotgun and rip him to shreds.

MADVLAD123
that last message was meant for you by the way
coolman437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 coolman437
Member since 2003 • 130 Posts
pistol whipping** is perfectly fine in the game sometimes its BS but thats your own fault letting them that close, but they really need to fix is the host advantage BS, everyone else has like a 1-2 sec delay for the sniper so you gotta aim off the head a foot but host is dead on, and the shotgun for a host gibs you basiclly 1 shot when everyone else has to active reload to luckily gib in one shot or it takes 2-4+ active shots
JCM28PR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JCM28PR
Member since 2008 • 55 Posts
I believe that the melees in Gears are just fine. Its not too hard to kill them with the shotgun.
Bi9nuttz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bi9nuttz
Epic says they have fixed this issue in Gears 2. Bullets will slow down opponents so they can't rush through fire to smack you in the face.dxy592
well i think were just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one then guys but if what this guy says is true and epic have fixed this issue in gears 2 then they must of thought that it needed fixing as well spose we'll find out hay.
gamer_10001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 gamer_10001
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts
If you let them get close enough for them to melee you that often, then you should change strategies... maybe SHOOT THEM. Guns tend to have slightly better range than a melee attack and can occasionally (this is a rare occurence) kill them before they can reach you.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

so your quite happy for the other team to walk round with the handguns out pistol wipping, this makes an enjoyable game??Bi9nuttz

yup, i rather them use their pistol then the shotty, makes them easier to kill

APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

so your quite happy for the other team to walk round with the handguns out pistol wipping, this makes an enjoyable game??Bi9nuttz

yup, i rather them use their pistol then the shotty, makes them easier to kill

xxIMoRTaLlxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xxIMoRTaLlxx
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts
its annoying but hey, every kill in that game is one way or another cheap, getting lancered down, shot gunned, sniped with active, boomshot , chainsaw, **** but hey its still fun you just got to avoid everything
smashinjin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 smashinjin12
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts
Even if they change it nubes will always find a way to get an easy kill so just have fun with the game the way it is.