Pal 50 - Pal 60

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coolkenny13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 coolkenny13
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts

In the xbox 360 console settings option , i get the option to choose between pal 50 mhz and pal 60 mhz . now i noticed on pal 60 mhz the screen looks blurred but on pal 50 everything is more sharper better and looks normal . the problem is i cant keep it on pal 50mhz always is because some games run on pal 60 . otherwise it doesnt let me play . what is the difference between these options ? why do they exist

also why is there normal and widescreen option too . on widescreen it looks messed up but on normal its ok . is it for some particulars tv . secondly im using a sony bravia lcd tv 42 inches to play my xbox .but yet when i play some games , like nfs hot purusit and dead rising , prototype and others the text is so small its too hard to read. can anyone help on this .Thanks xbox buddies

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
It sounds like you're using 480p. Go into your settings and change it to 720p or 1080p, depending on wha resolution your tv supports. Most tvs made in the last few years will support 1080p. Once you change it to 720p or above, the option for normal or widescreen will disappear and text and everything else should look much sharper. PAL 50 or 60 is to do with refresh rate. It's best to leave it on PAL 60.