Optimized for hard drive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Karelliann-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Karelliann-
Member since 2005 • 763 Posts
Some 360 games appear to be optimized for hard drive: Halo 3 and Mass Effect, for example. What does that mean? If someone has the arcade 360, what will he be unable to do? Can he still play these games?
Ukz0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ukz0
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
If this has not already been answered by other means, yes you can still play these games,but they better perform installed to your hard drive.
willpd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 willpd123
Member since 2005 • 970 Posts

If this has not already been answered by other means, yes you can still play these games,but they better perform installed to your hard drive.Ukz0

I don't think it means they preform best when installed i think they just use them to cache. Infact if i remember correctly Halo 3 preforms marginally worse if installed to the hard drive.

Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
If this has not already been answered by other means, yes you can still play these games,but they better perform installed to your hard drive.Ukz0
The "optimised for HDD" labels were given before game installations were even implemented into the dashboard (NXE). Halo 3 and Mass Effect were both released a year before the new dashboard came out. It means the game will load/save quicker and more seamlessly and have improved performance as data is being streamed from the HDD rather than the disc. You can still play them without a HDD or you can connect a USB flash stick which will serve the same purpose.