Online Gaming Should Be Policed Properly

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jtek_maoriboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jtek_maoriboy
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts

I've been gaming online for along time now and have come across some cool people, some I've even met and travelled with, others have turned out to be good friends. But, there are times when you come across a person who has the verbal discipline of an untrained 5 yr old on drugs. I'm talking about guys who are between 15 - 25? and talk like they've got a pair, bullet proof. If that sort of attitude is the norm for them in real life, outside the box their in, then I wouldn't be surprised if they had regular beat-downs for their mouthing off.

I think its a shame some people take the online gaming experience way too serious and think they can give someone a complete shout-down when in the real world they wouldn't dare. Particularly when we're there to just have some competitive fun, some might say "professional competitive" fun. (a technical way of saying.... 'have some bloody manners.)

I think Xbox Live aren't doing enough to police the abuse that can happen, sometimes serious abuse that warrants a criminal conviction or some sort of authoritative intervention to protect individual rights. Having them banned is sometimes just not enough!

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
But it'll be pretty hard because they'd need proof. Otherwise people can file false complaints and get people into real trouble. That's probably why they don't police it.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 starfox2468
Member since 2006 • 2782 Posts
i say just leave it be,who cares,u dont like,the trash talkers,leave.its your choice to listen and stay
IamTakkun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 IamTakkun
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts
i say just leave it be,who cares,u dont like,the trash talkers,leave.its your choice to listen and staystarfox2468
I somewhat agree. It's a freakin' hassle to go from room to room trying to find people who aren't half brain death... BUT, yes, if it bothers you enough to make a topic about it, go ahead and leave the game.
jtek_maoriboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jtek_maoriboy
True!
Altair1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Altair1337
Member since 2007 • 387 Posts

I've been gaming online for along time now and have come across some cool people, some I've even met and travelled with, others have turned out to be good friends. But, there are times when you come across a person who has the verbal discipline of an untrained 5 yr old on drugs. I'm talking about guys who are between 15 - 25? and talk like they've got a pair, bullet proof. If that sort of attitude is the norm for them in real life, outside the box their in, then I wouldn't be surprised if they had regular beat-downs for their mouthing off.

I think its a shame some people take the online gaming experience way too serious and think they can give someone a complete shout-down when in the real world they wouldn't dare. Particularly when we're there to just have some competitive fun, some might say "professional competitive" fun. (a technical way of saying.... 'have some bloody manners.)

I think Xbox Live aren't doing enough to police the abuse that can happen, sometimes serious abuse that warrants a criminal conviction or some sort of authoritative intervention to protect individual rights. Having them banned is sometimes just not enough!

jtek_maoriboy

I agree with you, I shouldnt have to go into a game and deal with little kids and crap they should police it and do something about it. sadly they cant trust every single complaint and there arent enough of them too do it anyways.

I know it sucks, we mature gamers just have to deal with it.

jtek_maoriboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jtek_maoriboy
9 times out of 10 there are some awesome people, its just the minority that spoil it for everyone else. Plus the games are too good to turn your back on.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 starfox2468

True!jtek_maoriboy

im not against you and all,im with ya about that,but will never happen and we can all see that :(.so if you really get fed up,just leave,instead of stooping to their level and arguing.only argue if you are bored and want to piss of lil kids :P

jtek_maoriboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jtek_maoriboy

I'm with ya there mate, on the level, Ignore, I do, some of them you would consider to be adults and at least expect some sort of maturity.

Yeah, okay, I play games, I wished they'd had this technology long ago so in a way I'm still a kid at heart, but I do have a genuine respect for other people at the same time.

pinionxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pinionxl
Member since 2002 • 1870 Posts
Who's going to pay for this policing? What would you think if the xbox live police determine you're not worthy of being online? I'm glad it isn't more policed.
Woozle_Wuzzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Woozle_Wuzzle
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts
i think its funny!
jtek_maoriboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jtek_maoriboy
Fair enough.
Avatar image for xUnKnown_Viperx
xUnKnown_Viperx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xUnKnown_Viperx
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts
Dont cry about it. Just mute the person for christ sake. I play online games everyday and I only see people like that maybe one time out of 2 or 3 months its not a problem.
FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FearTheRain
Member since 2008 • 1470 Posts

Dude it's Xbox LIVE.....there will always be jerks on XBOX LIVE...

If you don't like it then don't game on LIVE. It's really that easy.

Whinning and crying about it does not fix anything.

miguelpaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 miguelpaco
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
thats why i retired the headset over a year ago..
jtek_maoriboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jtek_maoriboy

Its more a concern than a whine, but your entitled to your own opinion, that was the purpose of the post. Theres no way I'm going to back out of playing Live because of the occasional idiot. I do look the other way, but when an innocent party is involved its pretty hard to do.

When I play its usually a whole group of us and thats awesome. And none of us like idiots.

Avatar image for MAXWELL_MURDER0
MAXWELL_MURDER0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MAXWELL_MURDER0
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
it shouldent be policied at all........ freedom of speeh
jtek_maoriboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jtek_maoriboy
[QUOTE="FearTheRain"]

Dude it's Xbox LIVE.....there will always be jerks on XBOX LIVE...

If you don't like it then don't game on LIVE. It's really that easy.

Whinning and crying about it does not fix anything.

Hahaha! Thats YOUR President bro!

FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FearTheRain
Member since 2008 • 1470 Posts

Not my president. LOL

I didn't vote for him...

jtek_maoriboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jtek_maoriboy
Hahaha! Cool!
illufox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#21 illufox
Member since 2004 • 84 Posts
I agree, those people should be kicked off. But unfortunately it's all about money. Every online gamer is cash in Microsoft's pocket, and therefore they won't change that. However, I know of many adult gamers who refuse to get Xbox Live because of the trash talk. I have just recently joined Xbox Live (after four years!) to find out that it depends on the game. Avoid teenage games like "Gears of War" and "Halo". Most gamers there are just to immature to know any better. The parents really should keep them off those systems!
Mearik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Mearik
Member since 2008 • 322 Posts

But it'll be pretty hard because they'd need proof. Otherwise people can file false complaints and get people into real trouble. That's probably why they don't police it.craigalan23

its true, theres no way they can form proof of half the stuff that goes on. A simple it wasnt me somone must of been on my account stops most of it. Even if they did imagine the money we would have to pay. the crappier the job the more people would have to be paid to even wanna do it. or just outsource it to people who would do it but they usually dont have english skills or whatever holds them back.

For the ones who flood my post as I would do it for free. Wont you just be a little bias? remember the uproar of the posts of those idiots looking to form a mob and file blind complaints on people.

Mute is the form of policing, cuts them out lets you play. Noone but yourself has to police it.

jtek_maoriboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jtek_maoriboy
RIGHT ON BRO!!
igoraraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 igoraraujo
Member since 2006 • 232 Posts

jtek_maoriboy
are u nuts? if we had an online gaming experience where we were monitored 24/7 or "policed" that would just raise more problems.
jtek_maoriboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jtek_maoriboy

True, it would have to be done intelligently, and it would keep the idiots in-check.

fatty5xl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fatty5xl
Member since 2003 • 217 Posts
no way F that stupid idea
PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

You know what's more immature than trash talking?

Being offended and bothered by trash talk.

ta21ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ta21ac
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I disagree. people do have the right to say what they wan: but, there also some things that shouldnt be said. Yea people cruel sometimes but nevertheless we have enough big brother issues as it is but a genral complint system should be mad and if accustions are false then there should be a penalty on the person who lied about what was said.
mmallory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mmallory
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts
Yea I know where you are coming from, one ignorant or stupid player can basically ruin your online gaming for the day, but there is nothing you can do about it. You can't avoid ignorant and stupid people in the real world, and it's definately not gonna happen online. I think the best thing to do is have a big friends list and try to play with them whenever you can. Plus the mute button can be very helpful.
InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

Use the mute function. Just because a certain radio station plays music doesn't mean you have to listen to it, either change the channel or turn down the volume. Noone is forcing you to listen to them.

---Cipher---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 ---Cipher---
Member since 2007 • 771 Posts
One word, Mute. I do it all the time and it works WONDERS. Last night I was gaming with a kid who wouldn't stop calling people a towel...then people started arguing with him. I ended up muting and avoiding about 7 people that game.
igoraraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 igoraraujo
Member since 2006 • 232 Posts

agreed. F'the corporate world!

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PiNwOrM

Most of the time we are a large group and it is very cool, but remember we're talking about (in part) the right for someone to enjoy playing online with their friends or what ever the case may be, and not have to listen to an unprovoked trash talk attack. Why should someone have to mute because of it.

Like I said before, 99% of people you end up talking to are awesome, so why should I mute for that 1%.

jtek_maoriboy

This makes no sense. Why should you have to?

let me make an analogy.

I'm gunna buy a car. But then never buy gas. Then complain to the maker of my car that it won't run. After all, why should I have to buy gas.

:/

Muting is 2 button presses. Get over it.

InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

Most of the time we are a large group and it is very cool, but remember we're talking about (in part) the right for someone to enjoy playing online with their friends or what ever the case may be, and not have to listen to an unprovoked trash talk attack. Why should someone have to mute because of it.

Like I said before, 99% of people you end up talking to are awesome, so why should I mute for that 1%.

jtek_maoriboy

Because the world does not revolve around you and your friends? Just a thought.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

But it'll be pretty hard because they'd need proof. Otherwise people can file false complaints and get people into real trouble. That's probably why they don't police it.craigalan23

All they'd have to do is an audio version of the theater mode in Halo 3. It gives you a chance to save all the dialogue from the match and you can send it in to ms if someone was being too inappropriate.

jtek_maoriboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jtek_maoriboy
LOL
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 starfox2468
wow everyone against ur idea jtek,its ok i understand what ur talking about,but know i think about it,i wouldnt want to be monitored while playing online
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts

1) press guide button

2) click on voice

3) put volume down to 0

problem solved..

tobkinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#40 tobkinator
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts
I do think that there are some problems with it but I dont see how they could efficiently monitor it.and it isnt that big a deal I mean it is kinda anoyying but you kinda have to deal with it.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 starfox2468

1) press guide button

2) click on voice

3) put volume down to 0

problem solved..

white45e

um....why dont u be an ass somehwere else,im sure he knows that,he just wanted everyones opinion.and whats the point of playin live without a mic?its makes it funner

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"]

1) press guide button

2) click on voice

3) put volume down to 0

problem solved..

starfox2468

um....why dont u be an ass somehwere else,im sure he knows that,he just wanted everyones opinion.and whats the point of playin live without a mic?its makes it funner

unless your playing with friends why would u want to talk..

noone cares about you or ur friends

also this takes maby 10 seconds so u can easily turn it on or off..

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PiNwOrM

he just wanted everyones opinion.

starfox2468

And he gave his without being rude.

halo2observer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 halo2observer
Member since 2004 • 35 Posts

While the harsh punishments would be vindictively funny, its a basic rule of human behavior that annonymitiy breeds confidence, and everyone at sometime likes to mouth off. There is a rule of free speech, but if Xbox Live convieniently increased the level of control on their contract, then anyone who plays Xbox Live will have to abide by those rules. Stricter bootings would be good, but law enforcement need not get involved.

jtek_maoriboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jtek_maoriboy
Yeah, I wouldn't want to be monitored either, unless I was complete **** and there was good reason for it, I wouldn't like it at all. Just thought I'd get peoples ideas on it though.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 starfox2468
[QUOTE="starfox2468"][QUOTE="white45e"]

1) press guide button

2) click on voice

3) put volume down to 0

problem solved..

white45e

i like talking to others,i like being sociable online

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 white45e

While the harsh punishments would be vindictively funny, its a basic rule of human behavior that annonymitiy breeds confidence, and everyone at sometime likes to mouth off. There is a rule of free speech, but if Xbox Live convieniently increased the level of control on their contract, then anyone who plays Xbox Live will have to abide by those rules. Stricter bootings would be good, but law enforcement need not get involved.

halo2observer

i dont really understand how this is an issue for anyone. if you dont want to hear anyone u can globaly mute and if its just 1 or 2 u can mute them individualy.

its as if you guys only want to hear people when they say nice things

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="starfox2468"][QUOTE="white45e"]

1) press guide button

2) click on voice

3) put volume down to 0

problem solved..

starfox2468

i like talking to others,i like being sociable online

ok well then simply mute the guy who is being rude and talk to the others.

takes 1 or 2 seconds tops.. do you listen to every **** irl ?

jtek_maoriboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jtek_maoriboy
Nothing wrong with some basic manners now and again.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 starfox2468
[QUOTE="halo2observer"]

white45e

i dont really understand how this is an issue for anyone. if you dont want to hear anyone u can globaly mute and if its just 1 or 2 u can mute them individualy.

its as if you guys only want to hear people when they say nice things

yeah maybe we just want to hear nice things :P,im not gonna pay 50$ to have filth yelled in my ear,haha :p

i honestly dont care,id they annoy me,id take off my mic,or change games