One Man Army Achievement GTA 4 Help

• 48 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jiuqielin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jiuqielin
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

um, I have heard that you could get the achievement by going under the algonquin-broker subway underpass and stay there for the 5 minutes required. Thing is, I have already discovered Algonquin. Is this a problem for me?

If so, could u guys give me tips on how to get it?

Thanks,

A GTA 4 fan (duh)

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
Just restart your game. Thats what I did.
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
yeah there r guides for these kind of things, go to ign.com to find it or teamxbox watever, p.s. there is a gta 4 thread just at the top of the page, use it! cuz its gettin locked! w00t w00t! lol
eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts
The easiest and most used way is using a helicopter. the only requirement is having the thrid island LOCKED. just call brucie up, and select the option "chopper ride" and voila. just go to the third city, get 6 stars in the air and remain hovering. you can let go of the controller, you wont descend.
chucktubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chucktubby
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
you guys suck. do it the way it was meant to be done.
eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts

you guys suck. do it the way it was meant to be done.chucktubby

oh, cuz spending 5 minutes with 6 stars wanted level is easy right? alright buddy.

dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts

Sour about something?

We paid for the game. We can do whatever we want with it.

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I stole a speedboat and drove around the islands until it unlocked.
LeviLRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LeviLRP
Member since 2008 • 751 Posts

yeah there r guides for these kind of things, go to ign.com to find it or teamxbox watever, p.s. there is a gta 4 thread just at the top of the page, use it! cuz its gettin locked! w00t w00t! lolLightColor

Open them eyes man. The sticky is gone now.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#10 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I did it fairly but you can restart the game, do the first mission, then go do it.
adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts
i was just flying around in a heli and i got the achievemnet... i did have a 6 star wanted level as well though... but ye
ajc_176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ajc_176
Member since 2003 • 2595 Posts
I think that this achievement is the easiest in the game (apart from Off the boat :P )

If you just want the achievement all you have to do is get onto the subway tracks (you can get on them in the north of broker near stienway beer garden i think) Then drive over to the next island, when it goes to 6 stars you just stop the car and wait :P

The other method is to drive into one of the police blockades on the bridges then drive to the airport and keep driving up and down the runways,

Got all this stuff from youtube, there's plenty of achievement guides on there :)
iwantasong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 iwantasong
Member since 2008 • 243 Posts
I didn't even know about it but me and my bro were trying to get to the statue of liberty (its still locked) and he got halfway on a boat. Then he got on the edge of the water and ran along the edge with helicopters shooting at him until he got it. I guess he got lucky.
Shizmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Shizmonke
Member since 2004 • 252 Posts

I agree why try all these tricks and what not to get it? do it the right way. You'll feel better about yourself =)

I didnt find it very hard to be honest.

kratos419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 kratos419
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts
five minutes with six stars? sounds hard to me. i agree though that doing the right way is far more satisfying than just the gamer points. what ever happened to havin gfun with games? thats what they are for.
pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
last night i was on 6 stars for about 10 minutes and no achievement. i was just driving around in a car for agessssssss. kind of annoying. eventually they killed my car and i died but i lasted more than 5 minutes clearly. stupid achievemnt/
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
something that is more fun, but a little harder is when ***SPOLIERS*** roman buys a penthouse in algonquin in the foyer there is a wall that can be used as great cover, simply get a star, wait till they come through the doors and open fire, youll get 6 stars in no time, and itll be hard but extremely fun to survive 5 minutes***END SPOILER***
chucktubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chucktubby
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I did This after i Had beaten the Main story. Took me a few times, But i did it not doing any of these tricks you guys are using. just the way it is supposed to be done.

Grow a pair and get good at the game to get. Don't cheaping it just for the points.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

Yeah I just got the achievement last night inadvertently when I was flying in a helicopter and flew over the 3rd island. I was just trying to do the bridge achievement.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

um, I have heard that you could get the achievement by going under the algonquin-broker subway underpass and stay there for the 5 minutes required. Thing is, I have already discovered Algonquin. Is this a problem for me?

Thanks,

A GTA 4 fan (duh)

jiuqielin

The easiest way was to get a boat and go near an island that isnt 'discovered' yet, and that gives you instant six star rating, then (using the rubber dingy on happiness island) just ride around the island for 5 minutes, the cops and helicopters can't keep up with the dingy and you will ahve it in 5 minutes. I didn't even get shot once.

Avatar image for deactivated-586291ff5899b
deactivated-586291ff5899b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-586291ff5899b
Member since 2008 • 1261 Posts

I tried the Algonquin bridge trick - wasn't working for me very well - so I went under it then rather than hanging out onthe steps, I jumped up and ran down the subway tunnel - that worked fine no problem.

Do you have to do the races from Brucie to advance in the game at all? The races are kind of annoying to me - IMO

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
just chill on top of a high building. the poliece choppers dont go that high ;)
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#23 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

Havent had a chance to do this, as most stars gotten has been 4 stars from the bank heist.

Good suggestions all.

VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

Grab a chopper and fly over a locked island.

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

[QUOTE="chucktubby"]you guys suck. do it the way it was meant to be done.eddy5791

oh, cuz spending 5 minutes with 6 stars wanted level is easy right? alright buddy.

On foot, actually yes. If you can get out of sight from the choppers and cars, you can crouch down under a bridge or in some dark alley. They won't find you.

wutevrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wutevrman
Member since 2004 • 79 Posts
[QUOTE="jiuqielin"]

Thanks,

A GTA 4 fan (duh)

Phazevariance

The easiest way was to get a boat and go near an island that isnt 'discovered' yet, and that gives you instant six star rating, then (using the rubber dingy on happiness island) just ride around the island for 5 minutes, the cops and helicopters can't keep up with the dingy and you will ahve it in 5 minutes. I didn't even get shot once.

This worked for me too^^^^^! And YES I would have gotten it legit if I wanted too. I just don't care enough about the game to spend FOREVER playing it! I finished it. I may go back and play some of the side missions (i.e. races, etc.), but after I finished the story, I put it on the shelf with the other games that I may go back and play ONE DAY. MP is nothing spectacular to me...JMO.

robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts

Do what I did... You need playboy x's safehouse unlocked for it though..

Get a 3 star rating outside of the safehouse

then go to the reception desk and get behind that

when cops come in the door keep shooting them until you have a 6 star rating

then go to the apartment where theycant get you and wait there for 5 minutes...

Easy enough

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

I got this by accident. When I unlocked the second island I went exploring and found the helitours place. I stole a helicopter and started to fly under all the bridges. I flew over the 3rd island and instantly got a 6 star rating, but because all the police are on the ground they cant do anything. So I flew around and under a few more bridges, 5 minutes passed and up popped the achievement.

I got a nice reception party when I landed, but you only have to survive 5 minutes at 6 stars, no escape from 6 stars, so its really fairly easy.

If you want a chopper with a bit more kick, steal the Annihilator, that way you get mini-guns on your chopper :D

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
How I did it was go to www.littlelacysurprisepageant.com, and just fought my way from the Internet Cafe in Broker to the Safehouse in the northen bit, on foot.
TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts
fly helicopter to Alderney, fly back, go into Playboys apartment, don't save, watch TV
gamer_10001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 gamer_10001
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts
Go to the Statue of "Happiness" while it's locked, you'll get six stars. There are two maybe three police officers there and that's it. Stay inside to avoid the choppers, because the police can't get to you. (The boats don't come unless you get in the water.
TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts
It was easy for me, i went to the Cluckin Bell in what looks to be time square in real life, don't know the name in the game. Where the entrance is i pinned myself against the wall so i'm only looking at the entrance, one way in one way out. I killed everyone inside the cluckin bell then got a two star rating, went to the wall and shot a few approaching police officers, then the star level kept rising and eventually got to six. I had full ammunition for everything and found it very fun, shooting an RPG while in cover at SWAT trucks is awesome. I got this achievement after i beat the game so i didn't do the chopper or boat island trespass. There were so many officers outside the doors when i finally got the achievement that i didn't even try to escape, i just dropped a grenade right next to me and killed myself.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
go over to alderney then go in the subway
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

This is how I did it...

Go to your safehouse in BOHAN. Make sure you went to the weapons spot for armor and ALOT of pistol/smg bullets. Walk outside, kill alot of cops, but make sure you didn't get hit (3 STARS)... RUN back to your SAFEHOUSE... don't go up the stairs to your room, turn around and hug the wall and Kill all the cops that enter the house by BLIND-FIRING your pistol or SMG. Do this for about 3 mins to get 6 stars... then hold them off for an additional 5 mins for your achievement.

0207mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 0207mm
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I have unlocked both the one man army and the other achievement that gets locked if i cheat... but if i cheat now will they be blocked or taken away somehow? thanks
Watermelon4372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Watermelon4372
Member since 2007 • 383 Posts
Go to helitours, steal a helicopter, and fly to the top of alderney. If you havent unlocked aldreney you'll get a 6 star wanted level. just keep holding down the right trigger so you stay at the top of the map and they'll NEVER reach you. The hardest part about it is holding down the right trigger for 5 minutes
jvmva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jvmva
Member since 2005 • 433 Posts
thanks
A22A221N_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 A22A221N_47
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts

Thanks,

A GTA 4 fan (duh)

jiuqielin

make sure that you haven't unlocked the third island and then just go get a heli and fly into the third island and keep flying around for 5 min.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
get into a subway and stay there for 5 minutes?
Avatar image for Unkn0wn-W4rri0r
Unkn0wn-W4rri0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Unkn0wn-W4rri0r
Member since 2008 • 139 Posts
Go to the hospital in Broker (the onw where GRavelli gives missions from), shoot everone there, then cops act stupid and CONTINUOUSLY come to the entrance, just keep blastin until 6 stars. After a while, nobody comes in anymore because the lag from all the dead bodies lol. JUst chill behind cover in the main waiting room and your good.
--MAV3R1CK--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 --MAV3R1CK--
Member since 2006 • 9346 Posts
thats a good idea.
jeffoverthere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jeffoverthere
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
Yep. just get a Maverick and fly around the LOCKED island of Alderney.
MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts
Go to helitours, steal a helicopter, and fly to the top of alderney. If you havent unlocked aldreney you'll get a 6 star wanted level. just keep holding down the right trigger so you stay at the top of the map and they'll NEVER reach you. The hardest part about it is holding down the right trigger for 5 minutesWatermelon4372
This is what I did. I thought I was out running them, but it might be a glitch in the map as well.
bolandjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bolandjf
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

If it was easy, it wouldn't be an "achievement", now, would it?

Lrn2gta, thanks.

WingedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 WingedHero
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts
The easiest way without cheating is staying in the hospital while covering behind walls and chairs, once a cop enters you can blast them away(you have a clear view of them entering) there is also a health pack inside the hospital that respawns evertime you go to another room. Hospital all the way, the other methods are hard to do.
czort666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 czort666
Member since 2008 • 1767 Posts
[QUOTE=]

I agree why try all these tricks and what not to get it? do it the right way. You'll feel better about yourself =)

I didnt find it very hard to be honest.

Same here.The police is so dumb it's not a problem to stay alive for even 10 minutes.

Blind-Future

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Blind-Future
Member since 2005 • 1804 Posts

If it was easy, it wouldn't be an "achievement", now, would it?

Lrn2gta, thanks.

bolandjf
It is easy though. Simply go on the balcony of Playboy X's house. Work up to 6 stars, then go inside and hide behind the counter, go do something else. Then Save!