'old' gamers- hit me up. I'm tired of getting cussed out by 10 year olds

This topic is locked from further discussion.

scroungy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 scroungy
Member since 2003 • 55 Posts

Are they any mature gamers out there? I understand the strange dichotomy of games being 'mature' , but seriously I play Gears alot and I'm tired of the kids ages 6-13 cussing me out every time they get beat or talk trash when they win. I'm a 32 YO gamer and I would really like to play with some other gamers that are my age. I would love to get a gears game going with nothing but 'oldheads'.

My Gamertag is Scroungy- hit me up.

Mars25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Mars25
Member since 2008 • 1103 Posts
Well I just turned 19 a couple weeks ago. I know im not your age but I completely understand what your taling about, I guess the M rating on the games dont really have an effect anymore lol. But yeah if u ever want to play Gears or COD or Command and Conquer with me just hit me up. MY g-tag is "xYFBx MaD BeasT". I know its a retarded gamertag but i'll be changing it soon and ill keep you posted when i change it. Just add me and we'll play.
BIRDSdaWORD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BIRDSdaWORD
Member since 2007 • 128 Posts

Feel the same way sometimes. It's something that just has to be taken for what it is, people acting how they normally wouldn't due to no consequences.

My GT is BIRDSdaWORD and will gladly play some Bad Co. with you, cause I never really got too into Gears.

scroungy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 scroungy

Feel the same way sometimes. It's something that just has to be taken for what it is, people acting how they normally wouldn't due to no consequences.

My GT is BIRDSdaWORD and will gladly play some Bad Co. with you, cause I never really got too into Gears.

BIRDSdaWORD

Cool- BC is actually my game of choice right now anyway- I just wish they'd get the online stuff worked out.

Mars25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mars25
Member since 2008 • 1103 Posts
Yea i guess dealing with kids like that is the price you pay for playing on XBL. BIRDSdaWORD, Im gonna add you on XBL too so i can play with some Mature gamers. :D
scroungy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 scroungy

Good, thanks.

Just to clarify BTW- There are some kids on XBL who are respectful, but they are few and far between. its like you said- its easy to talk trash when there are no consequences.

Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts

You would probably get more out of this thread if the title said mature instead of "old." Anyone is capable being mature as well as immature. You can find many 30+ year old idiots on live. You can try the Mature Gamers Unite union. You may get something out of that.

John42391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 John42391
Member since 2006 • 291 Posts

I am only 17 but I'm tired of little 12 year old kids thinking they are the best and not shutting up

asimplerapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 asimplerapper
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts
Yes, it's surprising how violent videogames are so available to children and even online play. My gamer tag is Sith Lord64, and fortunately I do play bad company, great game! But to get the most out of it we need to have extreme team work!
crawfordmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crawfordmatt
Member since 2003 • 36 Posts

I understand as well, I am 28 and have stopped playing a few online games because of this.

my GT: "Aries Monster27"

covenant_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 covenant_dude
Member since 2006 • 2472 Posts
I'm 15 And I'm pretty mature. I pwn Halo ten year olds for breakfast8) as well as other "mature" players. I play Gears a bit.
SSgtGman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SSgtGman
Member since 2008 • 92 Posts

I'm 12 but I'm not one of those annoying kids. They bother the crap outta me. I hope they havn't set a sterotype of all od the younger gamers, it annoys me.

Avatar image for a_beautiful_lie
a_beautiful_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 a_beautiful_lie
Member since 2003 • 507 Posts
I'm 23 and basically don't play online anymore on anything because of the people on there. It's a sad state of affairs.
pantweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pantweasel
Member since 2005 • 531 Posts

I'm 20, and I'm also sick of punk-ass kids complaining and talking smack all the time. I appreciate it when people can just play and have fun, maybe have a few laughs in the process.

My gamertag is pant weasel, so hit me up if you ever want to.

thecrow_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 thecrow_fan
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts

i agree with you about the annoying people on xbl but there are website sites that you can join that are 21 and over players. there is one website that i go to i will give you liare link if you are intrested.

http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/

FingerSub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FingerSub
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts
I think its hilariuos when little people say words they don't even know
Avatar image for deactivated-586291ff5899b
deactivated-586291ff5899b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-586291ff5899b
Member since 2008 • 1261 Posts

I feel like the old man here as I didn't see anyone else older than me - I'm 37.

Feel free to add me, although I'm not much for Gears - I own it, only played it for a few hours, mainly doing COD 4, GTA4, tiger's Golf '08 - may be getting BF:BC soon.

But yeah - I'm tired of the snot nosed little punks who get tucked into their Spongbob Squarepants beds cussing at me in games !!!!

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts

I personally think it's because parents aren't paying attention to what their kids do anymore. With all the liberal stuff "you can't hit your kid" mindset going around, a 10 year old buying Gears is completely normal. If the parents start to care, then I bet the LIVE community would shape up a little. As for adult idiots, well, there's not much you can do about that.

Add me if you want (check my profile), but lately I've been playing the gamecube and N64, but I might be on once in a while

Mikee3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mikee3
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts
you dont need to be old to be mature. Im 16 and I think those 13 year old whiny kids on xbox live are so annoying, especially in halo 3.
TormentedSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TormentedSoul
Member since 2002 • 80 Posts
there is an mature gamers group here at Gamespot that is cool... also the guys here: http://gamershub.org are all mature.
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
hey man. i'm only 15 but i'd love to play with someone who isnt a 10 yr. old douchebag. my gt is in my sig. i usually play cod but i'm thinking about bad co.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts

im 14 and im tired of 12 year old kids thaT think there good and scream