Okay, like, seriously, what is the deal with Gargos?!

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#1 Simonthekid7
Member since 2014 • 996 Posts

Okay, seroisly, what is the deal with Gargos in Killer instinct 2?

I played as Orchid and i beat Gargos down to the last little pixel of energy meter but Gargos just refuses to get defeated. How do you defeat Gargos? I think it is the final boss.

G-aaarrghhh-os is a better name.

Do you need to defeat him with some special finish attack or a ring out? I do not know how to do finishes or ring outs in Killer Instinct 2. (the xbox one version)

(there are five difficultiy modes and i played on easy, the easiest one is very easy)

Maybe it is not completely false how games makes you violent or angry because right now i feel just a tiny bit frustrated about Gargos. G AAARGHHH!!!! :)

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7314 Posts

Was hoping this was refering to the 2013 game. Sorry, I don't have any advice about Gargos in KI2.

I do wish the old games would come to PC.

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Simonthekid7

@judaspete: I played it a bit but only season 1 i think. I guess objectively it might be better than the old games with 3D graphics and maybe improved gameplay too, but the old games are more quirky with more personality. I have actually not played a lot of any Killer instinct game. I remember i thought the newer one was a bit hard. I have not played it in a few years. It has some nice characters from other Microsoft games/franchises. But i think you needed to pay money to play with other characters than Jago. The free to start routine where it is free to start but you need to pay a lot to get all the fighters you want. Same as recently released Multiversus (except for in Multiversus you could unlock new characters by earning in game currency)

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Simonthekid7

Gargos has an energy meter which regains some health if you play passive which is one think but..even when he seems out of energy he just keeps on his feet. I have never encountered a similar boss in a fighting game i think.

And it seems like a lot of attacks in KI 2 are unblockable too. It is not great but i think it has some kind of cool characters and it is kind of original so i enjoy it. Also for nostalgic reasons.

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Simonthekid7

I thought i figured it out.. if i could not defeat Gargos, then maybe if i had more energy after the fight (99 seconds) was over?

A fine idea but no, it did not work either.

Maybe i need to win with a finishing move or an "ultea" move but i have no idea how to do one so i give up.. for now.

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Simonthekid7

i watched some footage and now at least i think i know how to beat the boss. You need to do a ring out with some special attack. But i do not know how to do a special attack yet.

I played KI 1 instead and at least i beat the game. With Fulgore i think. But Eyedol (the boss in KI 1) and the last fights before were so tough! Even though i played on "very easy".