Ok, now Im really mad.

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
Ive not said anything about the frustration that xbl has been lately. I understand there are issues that sometimes arise with these types of services. Well today I was playing AC and about to assasinate my 5th victim when the game paused and I get a can not read disc error. I take the game out, clean it off with the proper type cloth and put it back in. NOTHING. Unplayable disc. I look at the disc, not a scratch or anything. Its brand new, gotten for Christmas. So I put in COD4. Same freaking thing. Halo 3. (which I played last night) same damn thing. All my games are coming up unplayable. This is a brand new 360 that wasnt even opened until Christmas eve. It was bought about 1 week before that. I seriously am po'ed right now. Anyone else get this problem, and know a fix? Will a cd lens cleaner work? Although after only 5 days there shouldnt be dust in the 360, I mean Im not that kid who had 10 pounds of dust on his ps3.
BigJackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BigJackass
Member since 2007 • 304 Posts
I had the same problem there is no way to fix it unless you want to void your warranty but if you got warranty from the store then use it.
jonwithoutah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jonwithoutah
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts
if it's only a week old and already having problems i'd return it
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dilrod

if it's only a week old and already having problems i'd return itjonwithoutah

problem is finding an elite. I can find arcade, pros, and Halo editions everywhere, but the elites are hard to find.

linkinSOXecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 linkinSOXecho
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts
same problem with mine but i had it for about 3 months before it did it. gotta send it to MS.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dilrod
same problem with mine but i had it for about 3 months before it did it. gotta send it to MS.linkinSOXecho
I called 1-800-4MYXBOX and they told me to return it to the retailer and exchange it. Only problem is Elites are hard to find. WTF.. I knew the RROD problem (I went through 2 xbox 360's in the first two months of launch and didnt buy another one until recently), but after some googling it seems this problem is just as rampant. Im really mad. Today was my day off and I was hoping to finish AC today. I just "finished the fight" last night and was getting ready to start enjoying COD4 and now this.
Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Spinbrett
Member since 2006 • 281 Posts
Yep, Every single person I know is on there 2nd 360 at least, some are on their 4th-5th 360. Just exchange it when you can. The 360's are easily the worst made system to date.
Mr_Wuggles117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mr_Wuggles117
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Im still on my first one... got it when it first came out lol
BatrozX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BatrozX
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts
Yep, Every single person I know is on there 2nd 360 at least, some are on their 4th-5th 360. Just exchange it when you can. The 360's are easily the worst made system to date.Spinbrett
Actually not true...this kind of things happen when the cargo gets severely damaged in time of transportation, the only reason why 360s get busted so easily is because of electric problems, but this was just a minor transportation damage, the solution is very simple, go to the place were you bought it, and If they dont have an Elite, tell them to call other shops around that may have one, or rain check, you have the right to for such privileges, the customer is always right, if not, there's always the three year warranty. But...it is your choice.
Avatar image for master-renagade
master-renagade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 master-renagade
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts

Yep, Every single person I know is on there 2nd 360 at least, some are on their 4th-5th 360. Just exchange it when you can. The 360's are easily the worst made system to date.Spinbrett

umm im not, i have had mine now for 21 months.

X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts

[QUOTE="Spinbrett"]Yep, Every single person I know is on there 2nd 360 at least, some are on their 4th-5th 360. Just exchange it when you can. The 360's are easily the worst made system to date.BatrozX
Actually not true...this kind of things happen when the cargo gets severely damaged in time of transportation, the only reason why 360s get busted so easily is because of electric problems, but this was just a minor transportation damage, the solution is very simple, go to the place were you bought it, and If they dont have an Elite, tell them to call other shops around that may have one, or rain check, you have the right to for such privileges, the customer is always right, if not, there's always the three year warranty. But...it is your choice.

I have had mine one year.

What he said!

Hope you get it fixed soon. :)

SizeMatterzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SizeMatterzz
Member since 2007 • 1858 Posts
wow.
commando21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 commando21
Member since 2005 • 507 Posts
i got an elite for christmas no probelems...YET
natethemighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 natethemighty
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts
Oh noes it broke, Bill Gates hard at work.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dilrod

i got an elite for christmas no probelems...YETcommando21

I bought this one on December 16th and gave it to my kids on Christmas Eve. I have called 9 different stores in my area, all have the arcades, premiums or arcades, but no elites.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
man that really sucks. only thing you can do is just keep calling the stores until one of them has an elite, sorry bud.
InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

Are you connected to Live? If you are disconnect from the internet and play your games offline. Because they are having problems with Live sometimes your XBOX cannot function. Try disconnecting and you should be okay.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
your dvd drive needs to be replaced. its really that simple but unfortunately you either have to take it back or have ms replace the drive by sending it to them.. btw, Im still on my first which is a launch console to.
colombian_dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 colombian_dj
Member since 2005 • 66 Posts
same here , got it the fist week
kalzam42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kalzam42
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
Same thing happened to me,about two months after i got it
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts

Happened cuz you're a Michigan fan

Go Bucks!

JBower4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JBower4
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I guess you dont know too many people. I only know one person out of 15-20 friends of mine that have 360's that had to replace his.

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts

[QUOTE="Spinbrett"]Yep, Every single person I know is on there 2nd 360 at least, some are on their 4th-5th 360. Just exchange it when you can. The 360's are easily the worst made system to date.JBower4

I guess you dont know too many people. I only know one person out of 15-20 friends of mine that have 360's that had to replace his.

It's obvious that there is a problem with 360s though. You have to remember that there are people outside your circle of friends. If there wasn't a problem, MS would never had extended their warantee.

I've known enough people who had something happen to their 360 to cause me to get the instore extended warantee

dave003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dave003
Member since 2005 • 6287 Posts
I too am in the super secret elite group of people who still have their original 360.
marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts

Pretty much exact same thing has happened to me (I'm on my second one).

Called MS and they told me to try detaching and reattaching the HDD. It worked at first and still does but I have to do it all of the time. The DVD drive is the cuplrit but I am not sure why removing the HDD for a second works. They said if it persisted they would fix it under warranty.

Going to finish ME and then send it back. I here ya bro' it gets really annoying. Just remember to save OFTEN!

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dilrod

Happened cuz you're a Michigan fan

Go Bucks!

Infinite-Zr0

Apparently Buckeyes arent educated. :) If you looked at my avatar, Im from WVU. the entire picture for some reason is not showing, but it should look like this.

So any way, I returned the elite, got a pro and an extra controller.

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26129125
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dilrod

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26129125Ryo_Kensen

This isnt an xbl problem. So.. uh no.

Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
It's either a DVD-drive problem or a HDD problem. If taking your HDD proves to make your system work, DO NOT use it again. You'll end up corrupting internal memory inside your console. (Disc read errors apply to the HDD too).

Either way, once you know, phone Microsoft and get an appropriate replacement if you can't get an exchange at your retailer.
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts

Thats not true at all

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
a rant with proper grammar? fascinating :P. but seriously man that stinks i feel for ya
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dilrod

a rant with proper grammar? fascinating :P. but seriously man that stinks i feel for yaKGB32

Yeah, I must be old school because I care how my message comes across. lol

choffy31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 choffy31
Member since 2007 • 913 Posts
Don't worry too much about it. It's a Disc Drive problem (I had it about 3 months ago). Just return it to the store where you bought it and your problem will be solved
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dilrod

Don't worry too much about it. It's a Disc Drive problem (I had it about 3 months ago). Just return it to the store where you bought it and your problem will be solvedchoffy31

I did, and got a pro bundle. I can't find the elites anywhere. My pro has a production date of 11-23-07 so I think Im good as far as the RROD goes. *crosses fingers*.

I really wanted an elite though as I like the black and the bigger hard drive.

Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts
my xobx does the same thing every now and then. but i dont care enough to wait to get if fixed unless it gets worse...*shrug*
choffy31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 choffy31

[QUOTE="choffy31"]Don't worry too much about it. It's a Disc Drive problem (I had it about 3 months ago). Just return it to the store where you bought it and your problem will be solvedDilrod

I did, and got a pro bundle. I can't find the elites anywhere. My pro has a production date of 11-23-07 so I think Im good as far as the RROD goes. *crosses fingers*.

Must not be looking very hard. If I wanted another Elite, I could walk into a store anywhere around my house and get one

Sams Club I know has them, if you live near one

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
What gets me is that because my previous 360(s) broke, I can't play my arcade games or access DLC while XBL is down so I get screwed out of what I purchased because MS doesn't get the concept of "fair use" or "ownership".
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dilrod
[QUOTE="Dilrod"]

[QUOTE="choffy31"]Don't worry too much about it. It's a Disc Drive problem (I had it about 3 months ago). Just return it to the store where you bought it and your problem will be solvedchoffy31

Must not be looking very hard. If I wanted another Elite, I could walk into a store anywhere around my house and get one

Sams Club I know has them, if you live near one

Not around here at all. I called/went to 3 gamestops, 2 wal marts, 2 circuit city's, 2 toys r us, target, best buy, Sams, Sears. None have elites and some say they havent gotten Elites in 2 months or more.

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts
you should get the halo edition...i think that one has the 65nm chip
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dilrod
you should get the halo edition...i think that one has the 65nm chipHellRazer360
choffy31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 choffy31

you should get the halo edition...i think that one has the 65nm chipHellRazer360

Maybe he doesn't want a Diarreah Green and Barf Orange console like me...

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dilrod
Lol, true. I dont understand the point of the Halo edition. Why pay $50 more for the sku? It offers the same as the pro. Unless your a halo fanboy.
zikeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 zikeria
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

SOLUTION:

DO NOT POSITION THE 360 VERTICALLY, PUT IT ON SOMETHING ELEVEATED,HORIZONTALLY (THE 360 BOX WORKS) AND ALSO TAKE YOUR POWER-BRICK AND ALSO PUT IT ELEVATED FROM THE GROUND.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dilrod

SOLUTION:

DO NOT POSITION THE 360 VERTICALLY, PUT IT ON SOMETHING ELEVEATED,HORIZONTALLY (THE 360 BOX WORKS) AND ALSO TAKE YOUR POWER-BRICK AND ALSO PUT IT ELEVATED FROM THE GROUND.

zikeria

What in the world does that have to do with the disc drive not reading? Absolutely nothing.

packr4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 packr4
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts
I find that so hard to believe lmao
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dilrod

I find that so hard to believe lmaopackr4

Find what hard to believe?

tatu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tatu2004
Member since 2004 • 17173 Posts

if it's only a week old and already having problems i'd return itjonwithoutah

i agree with you on that..

choffy31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 choffy31
[QUOTE="zikeria"]

SOLUTION:

Dilrod

What in the world does that have to do with the disc drive not reading? Absolutely nothing.

Yes it does. Some 360's Disc Drives scratch the discs when they are laid Horizontally

But the Power Brick thing... No freakin clue...

lIIiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lIIiya
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts

[QUOTE="jonwithoutah"]if it's only a week old and already having problems i'd return itDilrod

problem is finding an elite. I can find arcade, pros, and Halo editions everywhere, but the elites are hard to find.

i got mine at the release date