OG Xbox backwards compatilibilty confirmed for 2017

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

FYI it's apparently coming soon this year and P Spencer also commented on the XOneX backward compatibility, apparently something about that may work differently on the XOneX(specifics yet to be revealed).... details below as reported by Gamespot.....I really hope one of those games is Ninja Gaiden Black!

"

One of the pleasant surprises Microsoft had in store for E3 this year was the announcement of Xbox One backwards compatibility support for original Xbox games. At the Brazil Game Show, we caught up with Xbox boss Phil Spencer, who provided some insight into where things stand with the upcoming feature.

"We're close, we're really close," Spencer said when asked for the status of Xbox backwards compatibility. "I have a little dashboard I go to and I can see all the games [and] where they are in getting approvals in the pipeline. I know the games that are coming for the original Xbox but I don't think we've announced them all. We have to do this in partnership with partners, but we're still on track. I feel really good. The games look great."

Spencer also remains confident that the feature will be out before the end of the year, as planned. "Oh yeah," he said about his certainty of a 2017 launch. He also teased that there are still details about backwards compatibility will work on Xbox One X that have yet to be revealed: "There's some stuff we're going to talk about in that space in terms of how compatibility's going to work on [Xbox One] X specifically that I think people will find pretty interesting.

"Some of the games hold up really well; some of them don't. But the gameplay mechanics and the smile [you got] on your face 15 years ago playing those games, those are things that are still there. I see it, like getting back to playing Crimson Skies, [it's] fantastic, and the game actually looks really good even though it's obviously been around."

Spencer mentioning Crimson Skies is expected, as it's only one of two games--along with Fuzion Frenzy--that have been confirmed as part of the program. "We have multiple games up and running--we just decided to tease the first one[s]," Microsoft executive Dave McCarthy explained about Microsoft's E3 reveal of the first two games. "There will be a library of games available, for sure." However, you shouldn't expect the library to be as big as that of Xbox 360 backwards compatible games.

For lots more on our conversation with Spencer, see the stories linked below, and come back soon to check out the full Q&A. "

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-ones-original-xbox-backwards-compatibility-is/1100-6453999/

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44087 Posts

Awesome news. a mega upgraded Crimson Skies on X1X will be phenom. Many other games as well. :D

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts

Yeah definitely curious to see what games they release... KOTOR would be awesome! (although I'm not holding my breath on that one).

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I want to play Star Wars Republic Comando and hope it will be for sale digitally ( because trying to get a physical copy is a pain in the neck ).

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'd love it if they release Ninja Gaiden Black on the X.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@sukraj: yeah I have to finish it at least once lol

MarsAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points