Official Halo Reach Thread: Keep It In Here!

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Looks like there's a lot of Halo Reach going on around here! Time to keep it all in the sticky, or else I'll be forced to start bombarding the forum with pictures of hedgehogs with puns in them. Just so you know I'm not bluffing, I'll post one here:

Okay now, commence with the discussion!

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

So my thread was locked, and no answer to my question was posted?

Anyway, if you lose connection during online matches, i noticed it counts all your stats up until that point, and in firefight online it will even let you finish your round (without the online players though)

Will this always happen in Reach if i lose connection?

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts

Nice. Well, i'm still on my first playthrough :) Heroic is hard in the later missions :P

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts
Finally! :) Now it the forum won't be the Halo: Reach forum :P
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
well ain't this dandy, these bulk question topics are more of an annoyance than they are anything else. I hate the broken Xbox and game suggestions threads as well.
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JuggaloRandall

Nice. Well, i'm still on my first playthrough :) Heroic is hard in the later missions :P

racing1750
Im watching top gear right now :P
H-Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 H-Revolver
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts
[QUOTE="racing1750"]

JuggaloRandall

Top Gear = BEST TV SHOW EVER! So anyways, just got Reach. I'm on the 2nd Mission on Legendary, alone of course. I'm disappointed about the graphics but overall the game kicks ass.
Big-Shamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Big-Shamrock
Member since 2010 • 688 Posts
This is great. Makes everything much tidier. Whoever came up with this ingenious idea deserves a medal.
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
I can't get the game until November! :cry:
HitmanHugh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HitmanHugh
Member since 2010 • 738 Posts

"If They Came to Hear me Beg" I swear I should've gotten this achiement! I've done it over and over and over again. Exactly as they say in the video. It will not give it to me. I am very upset...

VanillaFella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VanillaFella
Member since 2010 • 50 Posts

Im about to put Halo reach in for the first time. Im going to try out the mutliplayer. Then i'll hit up the campaign.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
campaign is ok, multiplayer is excellent, probably third in line for goty
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

ya'll notice its easier to splatter someone in Reach then previous Halos? you like this or not? Bungie could possibly adjust this

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

So my thread was locked, and no answer to my question was posted?

Anyway, if you lose connection during online matches, i noticed it counts all your stats up until that point, and in firefight online it will even let you finish your round (without the online players though)

Will this always happen in Reach if i lose connection?

darth-pyschosis

I never lose connection wierd that you do considering todays internet speeds.

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

ya'll notice its easier to splatter someone in Reach then previous Halos? you like this or not? Bungie could possibly adjust this

BLAS1AN

i had half my shields left and died by 1 grenade so yes i hope they nerf certain items and buff others.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

i had half my shields left and died by 1 grenade so yes i hope they nerf certain items and buff others.

Its fun when your the splatterer but when your fighting a ghost on foot and barely get touched you die.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
Better to just go to the Halo Reach forum.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

BLAS1AN
Fine to me. Actually, it makes me use the armor lock now to avoid getting splattered. Got a few kill doing this too.
kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12065 Posts

Anyone having problems with their game not holding a save, or you can't move past the level you saved a game on?

devillord1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 devillord1992
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

guys I'm little disappointed...cuz the effects r bad (some kind)....and the whole game is the same as the last parts...so I didn't find many things new in that edition...Generally it's not that quality as compared to call of duty mw2....:roll:

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

guys I'm little disappointed...cuz the effects r bad (some kind)....and the whole game is the same as the last parts...so I didn't find many things new in that edition...Generally it's not that quality as compared to call of duty mw2....:roll:

devillord1992

Wait. You complain about being the same at the previous, then you mention MW2?

What about the armor abilities? New weapons? Beefed up enemies? Game scoring? Custom armor? New story? Did we play the same game?

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

[QUOTE="devillord1992"]

VoodooHak

Wait. You complain about being the same at the previous, then you mention MW2?

What about the armor abilities? New weapons? Beefed up enemies? Game scoring? Custom armor? New story? Did we play the same game?

CODMW AND CODMW2 ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT XD

;) j/k

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#23 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

I wonder if Reach will have a game of the Year edition....

JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JuggaloRandall

XboxGuy1537
Probably, but I don't think it would diserve it. Its just another Halo where you kill the Covenant. Woo Hoo.
berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts

racing1750
It's just hard for me since the mp is awesome and I keep forgetting to finish the campaign :P
berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts

devillord1992
:lol: no just no.....
gaming4us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gaming4us
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts
Can someone tell me if Reach is going to have Double XP Weekends like Halo 3? I have yet to play 1 game of infection, cuz all the people always vote for headhunter
teun3sixty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 teun3sixty
Member since 2010 • 136 Posts

Im absolutely blown away by the multiplayer, but extremely dissapointed with the story :C .Anyone else agree that the story didnt showcase any real epic moments where battles go on around the whole planet. It has no personality whatsoever, very dissapointed there.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 racing1750
[QUOTE="racing1750"]

JuggaloRandall

Nice :) I think i'll do the same.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 racing1750
[QUOTE="racing1750"]

berserker2389
It's just hard for me since the mp is awesome and I keep forgetting to finish the campaign :P

I haven't even touched the MP :p The SP has to be done and out of the way before mp.
MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts

Im absolutely blown away by the multiplayer, but extremely dissapointed with the story :C .Anyone else agree that the story didnt showcase any real epic moments where battles go on around the whole planet. It has no personality whatsoever, very dissapointed there.

teun3sixty

I absolutely agree. It is Halo at its peak, but still felt underwhelmed. I just felt like Bungie should have taken this final opportunity to "reach for the stars" and fell short with the campaign. But all and all...great game and excellent multiplayer!

Paynee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Paynee
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts

Same, I'm only about halfway thru the campaign and haven't tried out MP yet.

I've grown to love the DMR and Pistol...so opposite from the guns I use to prefer. lol.

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

[QUOTE="XboxGuy1537"]

JuggaloRandall

Probably, but I don't think it would diserve it. Its just another Halo where you kill the Covenant. Woo Hoo.

Agreed, and its a simple fps at that.

Multiplayer - Keep shooting and if you don't think you'll get the kill throw a grenade or melee. Rinse and repeat.

Campiagn - Shoot it till it dies, hide to restore shield. O look a vehicle, wait already done?

Hype and fans will move this game to goty, but i won't be blinded by it.

joegreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 joegreaves
Member since 2004 • 172 Posts

Just got it campain is brilliant. Has anyone got a free gold card thing they could send me the code for so i can play it online im skint at the minite and would love to try it out online :)

00-Riddick-00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 00-Riddick-00
Member since 2009 • 18884 Posts
Wow.. Is it just me or is this the easiest halo yet.. Legendary took me only 4 hours.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VoodooHak

[QUOTE="teun3sixty"]

MsCortana

I absolutely agree. It is Halo at its peak, but still felt underwhelmed. I just felt like Bungie should have taken this final opportunity to "reach for the stars" and fell short with the campaign. But all and all...great game and excellent multiplayer!

I thought the campaign was appropriate for what it was. In fact, it's probably the best piece of storytelling in any of the Halo games. It provided just enough narrative framework to showcase the real star of the game: the action.

I really liked how the end neatly dovetailed into the first Halo.

HitmanHugh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HitmanHugh
Member since 2010 • 738 Posts

Just got it campain is brilliant. Has anyone got a free gold card thing they could send me the code for so i can play it online im skint at the minite and would love to try it out online :)

joegreaves

I think online is free for this week for Reach, I saw it on the Dashboard. Some promotion, all you have to do is be connected to the internet.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
The quickest way to kill excitement is to dedicate a sticky to it :P I would only buy this for the offline stuff.... How long is the campaign, and can you play the horde mode offline?
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RoslindaleOne
Wow.. Is it just me or is this the easiest halo yet.. Legendary took me only 4 hours.00-Riddick-00
I saw your profile and you did it in co-op. Lets see how long it takes by yourself. :)
teun3sixty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 teun3sixty
Member since 2010 • 136 Posts

[QUOTE="MsCortana"]

[QUOTE="teun3sixty"]

VoodooHak

I thought the campaign was appropriate for what it was. In fact, it's probably the best piece of storytelling in any of the Halo games. It provided just enough narrative framework to showcase the real star of the game: the action.

I really liked how the end neatly dovetailed into the first Halo.

nah, it doesnt even compete with the epic trilogy's story. halo 1 till 3 tell a very rich story with amazing characters, especially halo 2(even tough most people wont agree, halo 2 had the best cutscenes and script creating the best story in any halo game). But its a day ago since i finished the campaign, gathered my thoughts, and reach tries to showcase war. It does that well, but what i doesnt do well is showcasing the planet's war. billions of people died in that war, and there were way more spartans fighting on the battlefield, while reach just follows 'destroy this AA turret, take out these enemies here' etc. The story gets good at the last 2 missions,i enjoyed those. Overall amazing game nontheless ;-0

BeNOwNz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BeNOwNz
Member since 2006 • 2942 Posts

just started playing arena, a bit confused. So after 3 games you get a "ranking" so after 7 days of it you get a division. so do you stay in that division even if you don't play for a while? or do you have to play everyday or something to keep your ranking and division?

thanks

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 VoodooHak

nah, it doesnt even compete with the epic trilogy's story. halo 1 till 3 tell a very rich story with amazing characters, especially halo 2(even tough most people wont agree, halo 2 had the best cutscenes and script creating the best story in any halo game). But its a day ago since i finished the campaign, gathered my thoughts, and reach tries to showcase war. It does that well, but what i doesnt do well is showcasing the planet's war. billions of people died in that war, and there were way more spartans fighting on the battlefield, while reach just follows 'destroy this AA turret, take out these enemies here' etc. The story gets good at the last 2 missions,i enjoyed those. Overall amazing game nontheless ;-0

teun3sixty

Of course, 1 prequel isn't going to compete a story spread out through 3 whole games. Even with that perspective, it can be argued that the trilogy's narrative began to fall apart halfway through Halo 2. While I enjoyed the plot, the pacing got a bit convoluted once the Grave Mind made an appearance.

In a loose sense, Reach was like Titanic. You knew what was going to happen and it wasn't going to be good. I think they did a great job of gradually building up that sense of doom while moving the action forward. And they kept the plot simpler than the MC trilogy. It's a great example of how less is more.

Reach also did a much better job of humanizing the cast. Although Noble 6 was an empty vessel like the MC, he has enough of his team to inject some personality into the story. In Halo 1-3, there weren't enough interesting supporting characters to do that. There was Cortana, Sgt Johnson and the Arbiter. With Reach, there as an interesting dynamic between Carter and Kat, Emile and Jorge.

But in the end, I suppose we'll have to chalk this up to preference. Both are great. If we're just arguing which one is more awesome thatn the other, we both come out ahead either way.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RoslindaleOne

[QUOTE="teun3sixty"]

VoodooHak

Of course, 1 prequel isn't going to compete a story spread out through 3 whole games. Even with that perspective, it can be argued that the trilogy's narrative began to fall apart halfway through Halo 2. While I enjoyed the plot, the pacing got a bit convoluted once the Grave Mind made an appearance.

In a loose sense, Reach was like Titanic. You knew what was going to happen and it wasn't going to be good. I think they did a great job of gradually building up that sense of doom while moving the action forward. And they kept the plot simpler than the MC trilogy. It's a great example of how less is more.

Reach also did a much better job of humanizing the cast. Although Noble 6 was an empty vessel like the MC, he has enough of his team to inject some personality into the story. In Halo 1-3, there weren't enough interesting supporting characters to do that. There was Cortana, Sgt Johnson and the Arbiter. With Reach, there as an interesting dynamic between Carter and Kat, Emile and Jorge.

But in the end, I suppose we'll have to chalk this up to preference. Both are great. If we're just arguing which one is more awesome thatn the other, we both come out ahead either way.

Well said and agreed. I like the Titanic example; I might have to steal that. :P
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

RoslindaleOne

Fine to me. Actually, it makes me use the armor lock now to avoid getting splattered. Got a few kill doing this too.

I havent used it to kill a ghost yet but It does look bad@zz even when I'm the one in the ghost getting blown up, lol

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RoslindaleOne

[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"][QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

BLAS1AN

I havent used it to kill a ghost yet but It does look bad@zz even when I'm the one in the ghost getting blown up, lol

lol. I get angry when that happens. :P But, that's why I play Halo. The total randomness keeps you on your toes!
d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 d4v1dbow13
Member since 2009 • 614 Posts

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

one well placed grenade under your feet can 1 shot you from full health

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
[QUOTE="ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ"][QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]ya'll notice its easier to splatter someone in Reach then previous Halos? you like this or not? Bungie could possibly adjust thisd4v1dbow13

one well placed grenade under your feet can 1 shot you from full health

Personally, I can only see this as a good thing. People are finally using grenades other than plasmas.
emperorzhang66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 emperorzhang66
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts
could have gone to hype thread on SW :)
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BLAS1AN

the theme song in the menu doesnt sound very Halo-ish...sounds like something from a movie based in Arabia, lol

The previous Halos had better soundtracks in the campaign as well

Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

If anyone played reach yesterday, they might have thought, "why is everyone chucking grenades more than usual?" That was because of a daily challenge to throw grenades like there's no tomorrow to get 8 grenade kills in a game. There are weekly challenges also. I am currently torn on my opinion of them, not knowing if they get in the way of how people play (like in gears when people would only use certain weapons to get the achievements) OR if the challenges are good ways to give players personal goals and keep things fun and fresh.

what do you all think?