Offical Alone In The Dark Thread. [All You Need To Know About The Game]

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts

The Story.

----------------------------------------

Set during 2008,the story continues with Edward Carnby,the main protagonist from the original game,looking for answers to strange supernatural and bizarre occurrences while battling his way through the opposition in New York City's Central Park.

The game story centers around rumors,allegations and suspicions of clandestine activity in tunnels found below the park.

When browsing the offical website,there are sections of the site dedicated solely to the mysteries of central park.Subjects of investigation include possibly mutated trees,unusual aviary migration behavior in the park,astounding insect invasion problems,as well as the park's value in real-estate;which is stated to be in excess of $528,783,552,000, a finding produced in 2007. In addition the park's valuse is compared to the national defense budget, with the park being 26% higher in value then the defense budget in 2007. also,to further support rumored reports of tunnels found below the park,it is said that the atom bomb was invented by the instigation of the Manhattan Project.

Alone in the dark will develop ties between these mysterious aspects of the park,while dealing with supernatural elements as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features

The game is constructed around a unique episodic format. Each episode will conclude with a cliffhanger ending and,once the player leaves the game,a teaser of the next episode will appear. Every episode will also have video summaries which retell the player about the previous episode when a saved game is loaded,allowing them to quickly remember what objectives they have to complete.

The game has been hailed by the producers and developers to be open-ended and expansive. one such feature is the hot-wiring mini game. in one dire moment,the character may need to commandeer a car by hot-wiring. this will initiate a mini game,where Edward will rip the wires out of the car and try to start the engine. He could either succeed and be able to drive the car,or blare the car horn loudly,alerting enemies to his presence.

The Player is also allowed to choose how they want to play the game. For example,instead of using a flashlight in dark areas,items can be lit with fire to traverse through the dark.

Note: All are In-game Screenshots.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Videos,Preview & Achievment list

Alone in the dark is a game that is going to change and re-write the formula for survival-horror games and i cant wait for it,im guessing this will be better then resident evil 5 [not saying that resident evil is bad,but this has so many new directions and stuff you could do].

I mean just check how you get to your inventory and choose,combine or mix stuff. Pretty cool! [ Notice the blood on him to]

If anyone also saw the trailers,dont you agree that the soundtrack alone is just worth the game:P

This is my first offical thread,i hope you guys enjoy it and i cant wait for ALONE IN THE DARK!!! it is indeeed something i have to see to believe.:D

*Update*

I Wanted to talk about the soundtrack of the game which is the best thing i have heard in games in years! its just mind-blowing! The music is made by"The Mystery oF Bulgarian Voices"[Its the most famous folklore ensamble from bulgaria].Here you can listen more songs from the OST:

Alone In The Dark Soundtrack . Go to music and then click on listen to alone in the dark 5

I Hope You guys enjoy the music as much as i did and i cant wait!!!!:D

*More Update*

Cool Alone In The Dark Interview.

Check Out Page 3 For More Cool & Amazing Videos.;)

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
I got several friends very excited about this game, however I can already tell its not my kind of game.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#3 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

Wow you did a good job with this.

I'm definitely looking forward to this game.

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XxSTILL_BORNxX

Wow you did a good job with this.

I'm definitely looking forward to this game.

msdd9

Thanks :D,its my pleasure. [Hell yes im looking forward to it too....really looking forward.....to it:P]
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XxSTILL_BORNxX
I Have also heard that when ur injured u got to like heal your self quick by mixing stuff or by covering the injuries with something i think because the enemies could follow your blood trails.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XxSTILL_BORNxX
i guess we are the only ones who are interested.
onuruca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 onuruca
Member since 2007 • 2881 Posts

great work mate.

as gta iv was a big dissapointment for me i'm really looking forward to aitd. also the soundtrack is awesome as you stated. can't wait!

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

The original Alone in the Dark was a pain in the ass to play, in fact I never finished it. I finished some of the other ones though, 2 and 4 I believe. It deserves some credit for creating an entire genre (all you kids that think Resident Evil started the whole survival horror thing better think again) but all the people looked like frogs and I spent a good majority of the game trying to kick purple mummies in slow motion.

This game looks alot better though, I was under the impression it was a straight remake.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
I'm pumped for this game as well....especially with the disappointing information that RE5 would most likely be a 09 release.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XxSTILL_BORNxX
I'm pumped for this game as well....especially with the disappointing information that RE5 would most likely be a 09 release.NOD_Grindking

Yeah,same.

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XxSTILL_BORNxX

great work mate.

as gta iv was a big dissapointment for me i'm really looking forward to aitd. also the soundtrack is awesome as you stated. can't wait!

onuruca

Thanks man.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XxSTILL_BORNxX

The original Alone in the Dark was a pain in the ass to play, in fact I never finished it. I finished some of the other ones though, 2 and 4 I believe. It deserves some credit for creating an entire genre (all you kids that think Resident Evil started the whole survival horror thing better think again) but all the people looked like frogs and I spent a good majority of the game trying to kick purple mummies in slow motion.

This game looks alot better though, I was under the impression it was a straight remake.

Fredrick2003x

lol:P yeah i remember the old ones were a pain,but this one loooks so awesome,even if its a pain like the old ones.:P

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
i like almost everything about this, i'm very interested in it, probably not my kinda of game but i will still keep an eye on it as it is very kool w00t! and very well done this thread :)
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I love Survival Horror games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and Fatal Frame and this game seems to be topping them greatly in the sheer amount of detail going into the world. One thing Survival Horror always lacks is realism, aka why can't that be a weapon, or why can't I just knock this door down with my axe, etc. And Alone in the Dark is doing that, not too mention it has a very interesting story. Never really was interested in the AitD series but this game looks amazing. With this, Resident Evil 5, Silent Hill Homecoming, and Fatal Frame 4 all on the way Survival Horror is really coming back in style in '08/Q1 '09.
A22A221N_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 A22A221N_47
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
i've never heard of this game or know the story but i'll rent it and check it out cuz this game looks pretty good.
abdullah1154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 abdullah1154
Member since 2008 • 192 Posts
these graphics are amazing
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

Great post bro. I actually haven't been following this game more than a passing glance every now and then but this looks pretty cool.

(I doubt anything will be able to compete with RE5 though,;), just imo. Praying for game of the decade there)

Bassboy9764

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bassboy9764
Member since 2008 • 149 Posts
I too cannot wait for Alone In The Dark. This and Battlefield will dominate my summer.
gifteddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 gifteddie
Member since 2007 • 567 Posts
I've been waiting for this game since early 05 and it is almost out I cannot wait. It seems to have gone through a huge change too, edward looks completely different, areas look different, and the graphics look a bit worse but still looks really good
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ket87

I've been waiting for this game since early 05 and it is almost out I cannot wait. It seems to have gone through a huge change too, edward looks completely different, areas look different, and the graphics look a bit worse but still looks really goodgifteddie

The graphics probably look worse because I'd imagine the images used when it was announced 3 years ago were Pre-rendered nothing representing in-game capabilities. Every Next-Gen game announced back then before the consoles were released looked drastically better graphically than what they ended up being in reality was released.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="gifteddie"]I've been waiting for this game since early 05 and it is almost out I cannot wait. It seems to have gone through a huge change too, edward looks completely different, areas look different, and the graphics look a bit worse but still looks really goodKet87

The graphics probably look worse because I'd imagine the images used when it was announced 3 years ago were Pre-rendered nothing representing in-game capabilities. Every Next-Gen game announced back then before the consoles were released looked drastically better graphically than what they ended up being in reality was released.

No offense but the graphics look amazing. Are we looking at the same screenshots or am I misunderstanding something here?

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ket87
[QUOTE="Ket87"]

[QUOTE="gifteddie"]I've been waiting for this game since early 05 and it is almost out I cannot wait. It seems to have gone through a huge change too, edward looks completely different, areas look different, and the graphics look a bit worse but still looks really goodElann2008

No offense but the graphics look amazing. Are we looking at the same screenshots or am I misunderstanding something here?

Your misunderstanding something haha. The game looks amazing no doubt, he is just commenting on the hokey announcement screenshots released even before this gen started when they announced the game. But the game has changed a lot in three years besides the fact every "next-gen" game announced in 05 didnt looked anywhere near as good when they were released. Alone in the Dark in particular was announced in 2005, months before the 360 released and almost a year and a half before PS3. And now 3 years later the game is finally being finished after the consoles were released with the graphics adjusted to what the consoles specs actually are not early renders made without the consoles hardware available.

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 XxSTILL_BORNxX

[QUOTE="gifteddie"]I've been waiting for this game since early 05 and it is almost out I cannot wait. It seems to have gone through a huge change too, edward looks completely different, areas look different, and the graphics look a bit worse but still looks really goodKet87

Those all are new images,only the last image of the central park on top view is an old picture...the rest are all new. [check out ign's new pics and ull find those there ;)]
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XxSTILL_BORNxX

Great post bro. I actually haven't been following this game more than a passing glance every now and then but this looks pretty cool.

(I doubt anything will be able to compete with RE5 though,;), just imo. Praying for game of the decade there)

vendettared468

Thanks & I Totally agree,resident evil 5 will always be better because the characters and the formula of the game is and will be familure(sp?) so yeah it will give you the good feeling every resident evil games gave but alone in the dark is something i have to see to belive from the stuff u could do and i mean aloooooooooot of stuff,just check out the vids on ign.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Ill update this if there are new information about the game.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XxSTILL_BORNxX
these graphics are amazingabdullah1154

I Totally Agree.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Better than RE5? You can't say that with the lack of footage we have seen of RE5, and if you go by RE4, it will definitely be a strong competitor.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Better than RE5? You can't say that with the lack of footage we have seen of RE5, and if you go by RE4, it will definitely be a strong competitor. rolo107

True. :)
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XxSTILL_BORNxX
[QUOTE="gifteddie"]I've been waiting for this game since early 05 and it is almost out I cannot wait. It seems to have gone through a huge change too, edward looks completely different, areas look different, and the graphics look a bit worse but still looks really goodXxSTILL_BORNxX

Glitchspot...
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Bumpage,For more people to get to know about the game.:D
ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
Once I have this game for my 360 and the new Siren for my PS3 my survival horror addiction will be satisfied until RE5
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Once I have this game for my 360 and the new Siren for my PS3 my survival horror addiction will be satisfied until RE5ceells87

Totally Dude.
Avatar image for angryguywalking
angryguywalking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 angryguywalking
Member since 2005 • 922 Posts
Looks Great! Can't wait.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Looks Great! Can't wait.angryguywalking

Lol it looks Too Great.:P
CC_Tiberian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CC_Tiberian
Member since 2003 • 930 Posts
Anybody know about the apparant exclusive episodes on PS3? Because if by episodes it means new chapters, I'd have to rethink about if I should wait for it or not.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I'm actually pretty excited about this one... This is one of those games that I saw coming to the Wii, but couldn't take the 'dumbed' down version and really am looking forward to on my X360. But I'll have to wait to see how the content stands up.
dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts

You had me at "Katana."

This game looks nice but I'll be renting it first. The only survival horror game I've ever enjoyed is RE4 so I'm guarded about the entire genre.

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Anybody know about the apparant exclusive episodes on PS3? Because if by episodes it means new chapters, I'd have to rethink about if I should wait for it or not.CC_Tiberian

Hmm,i havnt read about any exclusive episodes....but try reading the previews,they may help.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 XxSTILL_BORNxX

You had me at "Katana."

dxy592

Lol.:P

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 XxSTILL_BORNxX
I'm actually pretty excited about this one... This is one of those games that I saw coming to the Wii, but couldn't take the 'dumbed' down version and really am looking forward to on my X360. But I'll have to wait to see how the content stands up.raahsnavj

From what i saw,read,heard....i think its going to stand pretty strong.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 XxSTILL_BORNxX
This is Kinda Sad.

There May Be No Sequel for alone in the dark.

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Bump,for more people to see.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XxSTILL_BORNxX

I Cant belive that only a couple of weeks and this game will be in our hands,cant wait!

onuruca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#46 onuruca
Member since 2007 • 2881 Posts

my only concern right now is some people rumored that you'll be forced to be on fps camera while using guns.

hope this won't happen.

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 XxSTILL_BORNxX

my only concern right now is some people rumored that you'll be forced to be on fps camera while using guns.

hope this won't happen.

onuruca

Hmm,i hope this wont be true.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Real World Tech Demo 1